Thank you so much for all the prayers and happy thoughts you’ve all sent for the boys. We picked them up from the hospital last night and brought them home, despite the doctor’s recommendation. Indy was still in pretty rough shape, and still hadn’t eaten anything. But our estimate had been reached, and we were really out of options.
They slept together in the laundry room last night, since there are still some poo issues (ew). Huey is obviously feeling much better, and I grateful to him for cuddling with and keeping his little bro company since he’s coming around more slowly. I am happy to report that Indy finally ate some lunch around noon today, and has kept it down so far. His eyes are looking perkier by the minute. Huey is bouncing off the walls and begging for more than the miniscule servings of food he is getting right now. It appears he will survive.
Last night I had a mini-breakdown and decided I needed to make a tough decision. I did something I really thought would never happen – I missed class. For each class, we are allowed one absence, but if you miss twice, you are automatically dropped. Obviously I don’t want to even have to worry about a second absence, so I just planned to never take a first one! But at 11:30 last night, having slept about 3 hours in 48, and still having not packed a thing for today’s trip, I emailed my professor and explained my situation. He was very understanding, and I am so glad I made the call. Funny that I went to school all week with a 102 temp and the flu, but I end up missing class when my dogs get sick. Ahh for the love of pets.
I got to sleep in until 8 today (which never happens), and took my time packing and snuggling my pooches. This morning we made the very painful decision that Casey was going to stay home with the dogs, to give them meds and make sure they were okay. I cancelled our boarding reservation and all our arrangements, and felt very sad about him not being at my sister’s wedding. But just before I left for the airport, we re-evaluated the situation, now that Indy had eaten lunch, and as of this moment, Casey is still going to come. So I re-booked everything (ugh), and am crossing my fingers that the dogs keep things headed in the right direction. If all goes as planned, he’ll be here at 6pm tomorrow – on the same flight as my little sister!
I, however, and already on my way, and am currently typing from 20,000 feet somewhere between Washington, DC and Hartford, CT! It was so hard to leave my pups behind, but I know they will be in good hands back home. I am trying to put this past week behind me, and get geared up for what should be an amazing weekend. I am so excited for Rebecca and her wonderful fiancé Sam. He already feels like family, but I’m thrilled to be here to help them make it official.
I’ll see you in CT for my BIG SISTER’S WEDDING!! (And here’s the three of us on my wedding day!)