Rest and Recovery.

First of all, THANK YOU for all the nice comments on my last post!  I love getting feedback from readers, and knowing what types of things you guys like to hear about.  It was fun to think about blogging while I was running, and try to remember certain things I knew I’d want to tell you guys.  :)

After the marathon, we were freezing so we headed to the car, which was parked in my free lot at school about 2 miles away.  I made it about 3 blocks before I told Casey I couldn’t do it.  I was so nauseous, and I really thought I might end up puking right there on the sidewalk.  I parked it on the front steps of an office building and buried myself into my sweatshirt, while Casey was nice enough to walk the 2 miles alone and drive back to pick me up.

When we got home, I checked out my loot…



I headed upstairs to the wall of medals to add my new one to the collection!  Last summer I framed the poster and each of our bibs from our very first marathon, the Flying Pig in 2008, and all the medals we’ve earned since have been hung on the sides with pride…


Mine is 2110, and now I have FOUR marathon medals to hang from the sides!


After a very long, scalding hot shower, I was out cold before I even got a chance to get dressed.  I was so exhausted that I fell asleep in my bathrobe!  While I napped, Casey made me the one thing I had been craving the entire time I was running – sweet potato fries!  Why?  Who knows – it just sounded really good….


Once I knew lunch was ready, I hopped up and got dressed and even managed to dry my hair, although makeup was still not happening.  I had a mountain of sweet potato fries and half of a tofu sandwich from Blynk – exactly what I was craving!

IMG_0511 IMG_0510 IMG_0509

A few more hours of relaxing at home, and then it was time to EAT again!  I was actually feeling pretty good at this point – still running on the high from the race I guess.  Check it out, I even wore heels to dinner! (I spy a dog racing out of the picture…)


We had made plans to meet up at Zada Jane’s with Whitney and Sarah, who had also braved the marathon that morning.  It was so fun to meet these girls in person, and rehash the highlights (and low points) of the race.  The food was delicious, and it was a perfect way to end a great race day.  Whitney was even nice enough to bring us delicious gingerbread cookies made by her adorable little sis!  (There were four, but I devoured two the minute I got in the car…)


Sadly we were all too loopy and tired to think to get a group pic:(  After dinner, Casey and I headed to NoDa to check out Charlotte’s newest frozen yogurt place that I had been dying to try – Tasty Yo!  Due to my alarming obsession with Cincinnati’s Yagoot, I was nervous that the Tasty Yo would be disappointing, but it was absolutely delicious!


Inspired by Whit’s cookies, I went with the GINGERBREAD topping, as well as chocolate and rainbow sprinkles.  Seri
ously, the perfect way to end the day.  Yuuuuummmmm!

Sunday was spent doing more eating…


And more relaxing.  I’m actually a lot more sore today than I was yesterday, and climbing all of the stairs at school today nearly killed me.  I’m headed to HOT YOGA tomorrow night to work out the last of the kinks, and hopefully feel back to normal soon!