Getting Creative with Leftovers.

Since I was lucky enough to have today off, I took advantage of the extra day and headed to my favorite little coffee shop so I could focus and get my work done.

I spent the morning working on blog stuff and catching up on emails.  Don’t I look intense?  :)

Now that Casey and I both have laptops, it’s nice that we can get out of the house and work together.  If I worked from home, I think I would go here every single day!  Some people hang out in bars, we like to hang out in coffee shops – to each their own.  :)

I got hungry mid-morning, and dug into my bag for another one of the Pure Bars I was sent to review – this time it was cranberry orange!

These are small, but very dense, and  I like the texture a lot better than LaraBars.

Good ingredient list – nothing cooked, nothing processed, completely PURE…

Isn’t this place cute?

We worked all morning and I felt really caught up and good about what I got done.  It is so fun having days off and getting to work at home with Casey – wish I could do it every day!

By the time we got home at 2pm, I was starving.  I busted out the fixings to make a leftover vegetarian sandwich

Leftover green beans, tempeh, hummus, and avocado on an English muffin, mmmmmmm.

This avocado tried to get out of becoming sandwich fixings by getting all mushy and un-sliceable.  But I was one step ahead of him and smeared him all over the top piece of my muffin like a spread.  Gotcha!

Who says you can’t put green beans on a sandwich?

It’s all about getting creative with your leftovers.  Nothing should ever ever go into the garbage can.  The best meals and recipes typically come from combining flavors and ingredients that don’t seem like they should be together!

Delicious lunch = full belly.  :)

Working on a special post for you guys that I’ve been promising for over a year now… coming soon!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen)     at 6:40 pm

That is too funny! I would totally put hummus and green beans on a sandwich and people would look at me like I was crazy! Thank you for making me feel normal! I agree with you…I am absolutely the coffee shop girl!

Brynne     at 6:41 pm

Yum I love green beans! I feel like they’re such an underrated vegetable. And I definitely need to try putting them on a sandwich with avocado. It sounds so refreshing :0)

Cara     at 7:18 pm

Ahhh that tempeh sandwich looks SOOO good! I’m slightly addicted to tempeh…nice work improvising!

Adrianne@ Flex-appeal     at 8:14 pm

I got the fixins for the vegetarian sandwich! I found Ezikiel English Muffins today and was so excited!

Tina     at 8:51 pm

LOL, back in the days before I became more selective about what I would put in my body, I used to love sandwiches with potato chips on them!

Emilyeatsclean     at 9:00 pm

I prefer working on the laptop in a coffee house too!! I get soooo much done when I’m out of the house!

Therese     at 9:12 pm

My boyfriend and I head out to coffee shops to work as well, I REALLY enjoy it! I find I do my best studying out there!

Chelsey     at 9:39 pm

That sandwich (again) looks so delish!

Don’t leave me in suspense! What is this surprise post you speak of?

jenny in new york     at 10:28 pm

omg look at all those green beans! Healthy healthyyy

Ashley     at 11:51 pm

The first photo of that sandwich looks like it’s going to ATTACK!! Looks sooo good…The crunch of the green beans would be awesome in a sammie!

forex robot     at 11:37 am

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Awesome! Welcome to the blog :)

Janice- Down the veggie road     at 12:08 am

That is the funniest sandwich – not funny like weird but like it would make you smile when eating it – ;) love that – being a vegetarian myself I LOVE that veggie food can look FUN to eat and not like EVERYthIng else – it can be pretty,funny,silly and really yummy & colorful
I love tempeh also so any new way to eat it rocks! Tfs!
;) blessings!!!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Running Low « Lauren Loves Good Food     at 5:50 pm

[...] week I saw at least 3 blog entries that displayed tempeh sandwiches for lunch (here, here and here) so today I had to try [...]