A Beginner’s Guide to Yoga

Obviously I am a big fan of yoga, but I didn’t start that way.  In fact, before November 2009, I had never been to a yoga class in my entire life.  A little background…

When I moved to Charlotte I had no friends.  After meeting Kath and Amanda at a 5k race, I decided on a whim to join them for hot yoga a few days later, because I knew I needed to be brave and try new things with new people in my new town.  In my first class, I felt like a total fool, but I also left feeling like I wanted to go back for more.  I ended up going back more and more and more, and here I am 8 months later, a totally devout, yet sometimes still off-balance yogi.

Since the beginning, I’ve also had fun recruiting friends to try yoga.  Seriously, if I can do it, anyone can.  Which brings me to the purpose of this post.  Yoga should be fun, and not intimidating, so here is everything you need to know before you dive into the wonderful world of yoga practice.

Types of Yoga

Ashtanga, bikram, vinyasa, flow, hot, power – there are SO many different types of yoga.  I’m not going to get into the specifics of each type here, only because I do not have the expertise to do so, and because every studio has their own interpretation of each style.  But for a beginner, I would recommend trying a vinyasa or power mixed class for your first one.  Also, many studios offer beginner classes that are great for learning the poses and correct postures.

What to Wear

Yoga gear is fun and super comfortable.  I wear yoga pants approximately 7 days a week.  :)  Typically, regardless of the type of class you go to, you’ll want to wear some sort of yoga pants, sports bra, and tank top.  (Unless you are male, in which case you can leave the sports bra at home.)  Here are a few options for good yoga gear:

Budget Buy:  I get most of my pants, sports bras, and tops from Old Navy and Target.  I don’t want to spend a ton of $$ on clothes that are going to be dripping in sweat, so for me these are good options.  Gap Body is also a good option for yoga bras, but they are a little more expensive.

Splurge:  Lululemon owns the market for high end yoga gear.  It is insanely expensive, but also incredibly durable and comfortable.  Worth it for a few key pieces, but probably not realistic to outfit your entire wardrobe.

What to Take With You

There are a few essential things you’re going to want with you for your first class.  The first being…

1.  A Yoga Mat – if you don’t have one, most studios will rent one to you for just a few dollars, in case you aren’t sure you’re ready to commit to buying one just yet.  As always, you have a few options…

Budget Buy:  Cheap yoga mats are terrible.  Yes, you can buy one for $10 at Walmart, but I promise you will regret it when you are slipping and sliding all over the place.  My current mat is made by Aurorae, and is a great mid-range mat option for about $35.  I highly recommend this mat if you’re looking at getting started in yoga, but not totally ready to invest in the premium gear quite yet.

Splurge:  If you are ready to call yourself a yogi, only one mat will do.  The Manduka mat is expensive – almost $100 – but it is absolutely top of the line, and comes with a lifetime warranty.  These mats are built to last.  Now that I have committed to my yoga practice, the Manduka Pro is at the top of this year’s Christmas list!

2.  A Yoga Towel – even if you’re not doing a hot class, you’re probably going to want some sort of towel between you and your mat.  And if you are doing a hot class, you absolutely need a towel – otherwise your mat will turn into a slip and slide.

Budget Buy:  For your first class, I’d recommend just taking a clean bath towel that you already own.  It’s going to be a little bit more slippery than a yoga towel, but again, you want to make sure you like the practice before you invest in too much gear.

Splurge:  Once you realize that you LOVE yoga, you’re going to want to get a non-slip yoga-mat sized towel.  While there are several brands and styles available, the best and most popular is Yogitoes.  They range in price from $40 to $65, and they come in all sorts of fun colors and patterns.  I have red and yellow!

3.  A Hand Towel – again, you can just use one you bring from home.  Even in the non-heated classes, I tend to get really sweaty.  You’ll want some sort of sport or hand towel to wipe your face off of a few times during class.

4.  WATER – hydration is key during yoga, especially if it is a hot class.  I would recommend taking at least a 20 ounce water bottle, and don’t be afraid to leave the room to refill if you run out.

What to Expect During Your First Yoga Class

You will feel foolish.  There is no way around this.  But I can assure you that yoga is the most laid back, non-judgmental sport of its kind.  I know it’s hard to believe, but I assure you NO one is watching you.  And the entire purpose of yoga is to push yourself to your limits each time, so even the best yogis fall and stumble all the time, myself included.

You won’t know the poses.  That’s okay – just watch the other people around you.  I know I just said no one is watching, but that doesn’t include the first-timers.  :)   The great thing about yoga is that the poses are universal, like a language, so once you learn them they will be the same at any studio.  After two or three classes, you will know the basics and already feel like a seasoned veteran.

Your teacher will touch you.  Now this isn’t always the case, but I’d say it happens 80% of the time.  Instructors are there to assist you if you need help adjusting your pose, or to help push you to the deepest point of your stretch.  It doesn’t mean you’re doing something wrong, it just means that they want to help you take it further.  Be prepared for a lot of hands on contact.

You will want to go back for more.  The first class is scary, I’ll admit it.  But after my first 60 minutes of hot vinyasa that left me shaking and drenched in sweat, I knew I had found something I needed to explore more.  Since then I’ve tried different types, temperatures, and teachers.  There is so much variety in yoga, and I really believe there is a class that suits just about everyone.

Hopefully that’s enough to help any beginner yogi get started!  If you haven’t tried yoga yet, or have felt too intimidated, I seriously encourage you to give it a shot.  You never know what you’ll find in yourself when you get to the mat each day.

Namaste.  :)

Jennifer     at 3:43 pm

Thanks for this. It was great and I appreciated having someone there with me my first time.
I already blogged about it.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I am so glad you came! :)

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self     at 3:43 pm

This post is great! You are totally right – yoga SHOULD be fun, not intimidating! You don’t have to look a certain way or be a certain type of person to enjoy and appreciate yoga. That’s the beauty of it – it really is for everyone! :)

Kristen @ Kristen, Sweetly Reply:

I love that all skill levels can work in one class happily. I just tried a new venue for a class, and had noooo idea what any of their terminology meant. So I was essentially a beginner for half of it. I just kept both eyes on my teacher, pushed myself to where I could go, and made sure everyone knew I wasn’t afraid to laugh at myself. I think this is why I never got into other sports. I’m too giggly and non-competitive for team situations. :-p

Callie     at 3:44 pm

This is GREAT! I wish I had this to read before my first yoga class! I’ll definitely be sharing this post with friends.

Shannon, Tropical Eats     at 3:44 pm

awesome post :) I have been secretly wanting to get into yoga for years.. just haven’t built up the courage for it! just needed someone to break it down for me like you. thank you!

Allen Taylor     at 3:45 pm

Nice writing. You are on my RSS reader now so I can read more from you down the road.

Allen Taylor

Brittney     at 3:46 pm

Great informative post Emily! I think you could inspire anyone to give it a try if they read it :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Let’s hope so – that’s the intention! :)

Annie (Delicious Wellness)     at 3:46 pm

You’re awesome! You write such awesome, informative posts. Yoga is amazing.

Thank you! :)

Jessie     at 3:47 pm

You are so right! The yoga studio is one place where you can feel like you look completely ridiculous but still look forward to doing it again. Also, I am not a person who likes to be touched but I love the adjustments, they make such a difference!

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 3:48 pm

Yes, cheap mats are the worst! And splurging on Yogitoes is totally worth it if tend to sweat a little…

Rachel @ FitFunandFabulous     at 3:49 pm

Great post!! I decided to do the 10 days for $10 promotion this week at my local bikram yoga studio. I can’t wait!!

Kristin     at 3:50 pm

That is so exciting that you have a love for yoga now. I’ve been slacking on yoga lately, and I can tell. I am curious if you feel any differently when going through stressful situations, like your move again? Do you notice after going to a yoga class if you are less frazzled and more relaxed?

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Absolutely! That is my number one reason for going. Even if I show up in a funk, my mood is so elevated by the time I leave!

Lisa     at 3:54 pm

Thanks for a great post!

I’m a competitive runner who recently got into yoga – and I love it! I have noticed such a difference in my balance, strength, and and stride.

Your post was informative, and encouraging!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Me too – I think it makes a huge difference in my running ability.

Jess @JessCantCook     at 3:56 pm

I love yoga and I’ve gotten my boyfriend in on it too, he LOVES it! I told him it’d be a great compliment to his usual workout (beach volleyball). I also love that its something active we can do together since I run and he hates running, he loves volleyball and I’d rather sit in the sun and watch :)

lisasfoods     at 4:01 pm

I haven’t taken a yoga class in years and sometimes practice on my own, especially in the winter. I love that you’re a runner and you do yoga; since I’ve gotten into running, I feel like I need the yoga more than ever to balance myself out. Great post.

Britt     at 4:04 pm

This post came at the perfect time! I’m going to my first class tomorrow! Thanks so much for the tips :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Oh perfect! I hope you have fun.

emilyr     at 4:04 pm

I LOVE assists! and yogitoes :)

Em     at 4:06 pm

Wow . . . that takes all my excuses away! I’ve been attempting yoga at home, trying to get halfway decent at it before trying out a class so I don’t look like a fool. Good to know that it’s okay!

Thank you so much for this awesome post!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

You’re welcome! Don’t be afraid of looking silly – everyone starts as a beginner, and I fall over at least once during every class.

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers     at 4:06 pm

what an awesome post! thanks for taking the time to put this guide together!

kATH     at 4:08 pm

FAB U LOUS post!!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Thanks for taking ME to my first class!

Jessica @ How Sweet     at 4:13 pm

Great tips girl!
I taught yoga back when I was in college in 2002-03. Afterwards I never really did it consistently but have just recently got back into it. I STILL don’t know all the poses!

Eva     at 4:14 pm

I got my first yoga class today morning and felt like an idiot but after reading your post I think it is “normal”. But I got a lot of fun and will try it again.
Thank you for your post! Helped me a lot.

Clare     at 4:20 pm

Love it!

Jen     at 4:23 pm

Love this! If it wasn’t for your support I would have never tried yoga. I was always way too intimidated by it. But you encouraged me to give it a go and now I love it! I know this post will inspire others too :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Yay, I am SO glad you went with me. :)

suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic]     at 4:26 pm

Thanks for the info! Now I know where to start looking for the gear. :D

Caitlin     at 4:31 pm

What a great post! This one is getting bookmarked and shared for sure! I’m glad you’re officially hooked. There’s nothing like the feeling when you leave a great yoga class.

Totally agree.

Nicole (the other one)     at 4:36 pm

Am I the only person that thinks you should also warn newbies that they might fart? Just saying…when your knees are next to your ears, could happen…

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Hahahaaha. Luckily I have never farted in class, but I have definitely heard a few go off around the room…

Robyn @ Wannabe Writer Runner     at 4:46 pm

This post came at a perfect time since I’ll be starting my month of Bikram soon. I still need to get a yoga mat though!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen)     at 4:50 pm

I have always loved yoga, but I still just do it at home like I do all my workouts. It is really relaxing and I find the stretching works really well to balance out all the other stuff I do. The breathing is the most important part for me on a daily basis! I could not agree more on the clothing…so comfortable!

Anne     at 4:54 pm

I haven’t been to a yoga class in for-ev-er! You’re making me REALLY miss practicing :)

Ashley @ Nourishing the Soul     at 4:55 pm

I love your story of getting into yoga. I was just thinking recently that I think I’d like to take a class when I move to Baltimore as a means of branching out and potentially meeting people. I also love what you say about what to expect – namely, to feel like a fool! I have only done yoga a couple times and most certainly felt like everyone was staring at me… though I’m sure no one really was ;-)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I have actually made a LOT of friends through yoga. It’s a great place to enjoy something healthy together! If you keep going to the same place or same classes, you’ll eventually recognize the regulars and be able to strike up some conversations.

kiera     at 5:19 pm

thanks for this! so great! it gets really intimidating to try to figure out how to slowly begin upgrading your yoga gear as you get more into the practice.

though i love my target clothes too (they have those tanks you love in the store here in KS!), another higher end shop to check out is lucy (http://www.lucy.com/) I have gotten some great yoga clothes on sale there. I swear by their crisscross tank with the back mesh panel! so amazing for hot yoga or out door runs.

Very cool. Thank you!

Meaghan     at 5:20 pm

hey emily, I just want to let you know that reading your blog is always the highlight of my day. I feel so inspired by you and your blog. You are an inspiration. Keep up the great work.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Wow – that just made MY day! Thanks :)

Caitlin @ Right Foot Forward     at 5:45 pm

Thanks for such a helpful beginner’s guide!

Evan Thomas     at 6:13 pm

This is definitely useful to me. I’m planning on getting an all-access fitness pass this semester and some of the classes I can take unlimited are yoga classes. I’m sure I’ll manage to feel embarassed anyway but a little less so with these tips.

Susan     at 6:18 pm

I was reading some reviews of the Yogitoes towels and people said you slipped around on the towel unless you got it wet. Is this true?

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

No, not really. Sometimes people spray their towels (any towels) with water to get them a little damp at the beginning, but my experience is that the towels are grippy enough, and typically within 2 minutes I am sweaty enough to create the grip myself.

Aneta     at 6:30 pm

great tips!

i love yoga. i need to get back into it!

Lee     at 7:20 pm

We’re you flexible when you started? That’s my problem with yoga. I am extremely inflexible, especially in my hamstrings, and I get so frustrated trying to do the poses.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I was a competitive gymnast for 15 years, so I USED to be flexible. But not so much these days. In fact, I’d say I’m one of the least flexible people in most of my classes, but I don’t really care. I have gotten SO MUCH BETTER by going more frequently – it makes a huge difference to work your muscles that often.

Dee     at 7:41 pm

How cool! Thanks for this post Emily. This might just have been the straw that broke the camel’s back for me! ;) At least as far as convincing me to actually go and try a class. :P

DO IT! :)

Jaclyn     at 7:51 pm

Great post! I love yoga – am more of a vinyasa girl myself but I’m open to trying any style. I agree that the Manduka is a great mat, but my personal favorite is Jade. Most of the ladies at my old yoga studio used Jade mats and the studio even used them for their rentals. I got one because I am a follower and I’m totally hooked! It’s pretty (mine is blue but they come in all colors) and almost completely non-slip, which is great for me at the end of class because I’ve literally fallen on my face in downward dog from sweating on my mat (TMI?). If you haven’t tried a Jade mat, check one out! It might even change your mind about Manduka. =) Oh, and a Yogitoes towel is totally on my Christmas list!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I’ve heard that mat is good too! I will check it out. :)

MA* Reply:

I took a class from a new instructor and the OWNER of my studio was taking it too — right next to me. Terrifying. But the point is, he had a Jade mat :) must be good!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Tanner came to one of my classes last week. Made me so nervous that I was doing everything wrong!

kristina (goodnweird.com)     at 7:52 pm

This is a great post Emily! I definitely remember the feeling of being completely lost during my first class…but something clicked that made me come back for more.

Angela (the diet book junkie)     at 8:00 pm

great post! i was just reading about how yoga really is good for stress (calming the mind and all that.) i’ve only done it a few times and yeah, i definitely felt foolish not knowing the poses. still had a great time though, i can see why people love it :)

Stephanie     at 8:27 pm

Great post! I’m still on the fence about taking a class; I really want to, but being a “fluffy” girl, my balance and agility leave a lot to be desired. I’ve tried DVDs and TV shows…snooze-fest! I’ll just have to drag my fluffiness out and give ‘er a go!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Doing it on DVDs is nothing like being in a studio with other people, music, atmosphere, etc. And if by fluffy you mean farting, people fart in class all the time. :)

Stephanie Reply:

I mean fluffy as in fat. LOL!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Hahaha. Well at least now you know you can fart there too. :)

Lauren     at 8:43 pm

I was just talking to one of my coworkers today about yoga. She is a true Yogini and only believes in Ashtanga yoga. She said she has been through them all and has many certifications in all types, but in the end Ashtanga is the longest, most valuable and healthiest form of yoga out there. I’ve never tried Ashtanga but she offered me some free classes. Can’t wait to try it!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I haven’t tried ashtanga yet – it makes me a little nervous. I’m considering maybe next week before I move! I have heard it is really good for you.

MA* Reply:

There is a class here called “shake your ashtanga”. I am so scared of it.

Sharon     at 9:25 pm

Thank you so much for this post! It was so informative and awesome as usual :) You rock!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Sharon, wasn’t it you that asked me to do this post like MONTHS ago? I never forgot, just took me a long time. :) Thanks!

sharon Reply:

Yeah, it was me :)I totally understand how busy you’ve been and really appreciate that you took the time to write this post. Just another reason you & your blog are my favorite! Btw, I am LOVING yoga – now if I can only get my husband to come along ;)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Thanks for your patience! :)

Lizzy @ LBBakes     at 9:41 pm

Thanks for all the yoga tips – one of these days, I’m going to give this thing a try! :)

Kelly R     at 10:09 pm

I love yoga! I haven’t been to a class in quite a while, but can’t wait to start again. I didn’t realize there were so many different types of yoga, in fact, I’m not even sure which type I practice. I would love to find hot yoga, but need to really look around since there are very few options in my small town.

Chelsey     at 10:36 pm

i do feel foolish doing yoga, but I really don’t care!!! :)

I would love to wear yoga pants 7x a week!

Sally Mae     at 10:40 pm

Wow!! Emily, you are amazing! I don’t know how you find the time to do yoga everyday in addition to your marathon training and weight lifting!!! You are such an inspiration to me! I am a total yogini and have been for years, but I go through streaks because I have a hard time balancing my running, weights, biking in the summer, AND yoga! But, I’ve found that my mind really LOVES the yoga so I’ve been trying to make it more of a priority. It is GREAT for managing stress which I think has become soooo important for women are age:) Namaste.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Thank you! I just make a point to make time for it. And I get up really early. :) I’ve found it really helpful during all the chaos of moving.

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston     at 11:10 pm

Wow this was so insightful Emily. I think I need to explore some more yoga options in my area because so far my only experiences have been a college gym class and the p90x yoga!

Cristina     at 1:16 am

Your post was very well-written. Nice!

Neen@BroadBean to RunnerBean     at 3:24 am

GREAT post! I’ve been to one yoga class i thought it was beginners but turned out to be advanced ashtanga for 90minutes, the teacher persuaded me to stay i’ve never sweated so much and never had muscle ache like it! i loved it, there are no classes in my area though, so i’ve just bought Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown to try out at home

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

OMG I would have died. I am STILL scared of ashtanga! haha.

Lindsey @ Eat, Read, Run     at 8:59 am

Thank you for this post! I’m a new reader and have total yoga envy. I always want to be one of those people who does it, but I’m always too nervous to try it at my gym. Maybe it’s time. I’m a runner and I think that yoga would help switch things up a bit.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I usually find that gym yoga is much easier than studio yoga, so that might be a good place to start as a newbie! Give it a shot. :)

Kelly     at 9:00 am

Okay, once you move here, I am requesting that you take me with you to a yoga class. I’ve never been and, quite honestly, the idea of going makes me a little nervous!

Absolutely!! How fun! :)

Canadian     at 9:20 am

I tried yoga a few years back. I’m not sure it’s for everyone. I didn’t like it and won’t do it again, but I wanted to give it a real shot by following through with what I had signed up for, so I hung in with it for the whole semester.

Why didn’t I like it? Partly because it made me feel fat and clumsy. And I was uncomfortable with the spiritual aspects of yoga. (Are Westerners commodifying another culture’s spiritual practice and trying to turn it into a sport? And does yoga conflict with my own religious beliefs, should I really be doing something that has a strong basis in another religion?) I do agree that flexibility is important though, and I try to do stretches regularly out of a book called “Stretching” by Bob Anderson.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I really haven’t explored the spiritual or religious side of yoga, only the fact that I find it calming and meditative. The studios that I have been to have never mentioned religion at all – I guess it depends on where you go. And I felt VERY clumsy at the beginning, but by going every day I have greatly improved.

Anne @ a daily slice     at 9:30 am

This is so helpful! I wish that I would’ve tried yoga sooner–I’m absolutely in love with it. I only do it once a week… maybe I should do a 30 day yoga challenge?? The next time a Groupon comes along, I’ll splurge!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Groupons are so great for that kind of thing.

Kareen     at 9:55 am

What a great post! If I didn’t already love Hot Yoga, I would want to go. Your observations are so true!! I might try to squeeze in a 90 minutes Hot Yoga class before I go teach my own class tonight…
Very inspiring!

Yay, happy to inspire!

Whit     at 11:05 am

This is an awesome post! I wish I was the kind of person that kept up with google reader so I could have sent this out yesterday! I took like 6 people to yoga with me last night. All new, all now addicted. ;)

Maryann Lancaster gal     at 3:00 pm

I’ve thought about yoga but the classes near here are during the day and it won’t work because I work.
Also, I have body issues like neck, shoulder, ruptured disc don’t see how I could even do it anyway. Anybody have some of these issues?

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

You can always tell your teacher that you have certain physical limitations, and they can usually suggest modifications to problematic poses.

A great intro to yoga! Although, I bought my yoga mat for probably $8 and it works great.

Lindsay     at 4:52 pm

Great post! Wish I had read this before my first class! Any tips on making yoga more affordable?
Sometimes the packages of classes are too many in too short of a time – and they are still kind of expensive. I have seen that Lululemon does free classes in their stores – has anyone done those?

Grace @ Front Porch Yoga Reply:

My suggestion would be to find a studio that you feel comfortable in and after a few classes where the teacher starts to know your name, ask if you could do a trade, where you would do check-ins or clean the floor after class in exchange for yoga. I’ve done this more times than I can count to save money on yoga classes! Usually, there’s a mutual exchange of gratitude :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I definitely agree – that’s my plan in DC, to hopefully get free or discounted classes.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

A lot of studios also offer “good karma” or reduced rate classes. My studio has a few each week for only $5!

kelli     at 6:02 pm

love this lately I have been so into yoga, have been doing hot yoga alot, but went on a yoga/hiking retreat recently so into all different types, even found a better studio near me that does ALL types of hot yoga not just hot…so i am excited!

Not Enough Time « The Runner's Plate     at 12:41 am

[...] because you don’t know what to wear or what to take with you? Check this post out by Emily: A Beginners Guide to Yoga – The Front [...]

Michal     at 3:02 pm

This was great. I love yoga, but I’ve struggled with finding the right gear (especially to avoid the slip-n-slide). Thanks! :-)

Grace @ Front Porch Yoga     at 3:21 pm

Thanks for sharing your yoga enthusiasm!

There’s a new book out called “27 Things to Know About Yoga”. I haven’t read it yet, but I think it’d probably be a GREAT place to start for beginners and those afraid of trying it. Read more here: http://victoriaklein.net/writing/27-things-to-know-about-yoga/

And here’s a link to a post that I wrote about 2 beginner yoga myths: http://www.frontporchyoga.com/2009/02/09/gumby/

One last thing regarding the question about making yoga more affordable. I would find a studio that you feel comfortable in and after a few classes where the teacher starts to know your name, ask if you could do a trade, where you would do check-ins or clean the floor after class in exchange for yoga. I’ve done this more times than I can count to save money on yoga classes!

Leah     at 10:16 am

I finally went to my first yoga class after reading this post. And wrote about it on my blog. It was really fabulous. I wasn’t able to do all the posses perfectly, but I did my best. She suggested modification when she saw that I was struggling too much. Thank you so much for this great post!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

that is AWESOME! So glad I convinced you to give it a try. The teachers are really there to help you, never to make fun or make you feel stupid. I’m so happy you had a good experience!

cole     at 2:22 pm

WOW what an informative post, thank you Emily! I have been wanting to try yoga for a couple months now and this may be the encouragement I needed :)

featheredpipe     at 3:13 am

nice post.It will help the beginners of yoga classes..

how to do yoga basics     at 12:51 pm

Hey are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own.
Do you need any coding knowledge to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!