DC Rally to Restore Sanity.

This morning started off with a trip to the airport before the sun was even up!  Casey and I hit the road to Baltimore to pick up his parents, who are in town visiting us for the whole week!  It is such a nice treat to have them here.  We are secretly hoping they will fall in love with it and want to move here.  :)

We got some brunch and hit up the farmer’s market in Old Town, before setting out on our day’s adventures.  Casey and his mom are both big fans of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, so we braved the crowds to head up to the mall to be part of the Rally to Restore Sanity.  We assumed it would be a mad house, but I wasn’t really prepared for just how crazy it would be.  This was my first big DC event, and it made me appreciate just how cool it is to live in a place where important things are happening.

The minute our train pulled into the station, we knew we were in for a wild ride.  I have honestly never seen that many people crammed into one spot.  It was just a never-ending wall of bodies.  To be honest, it made me a little nervous.  I’m not usually claustrophobic, but for some reason being packed in like that underground made me feel a little anxious.

Eventually we made our way out into daylight.  There was so much energy in the crowd – it felt spectacular.

It was such a perfect day to be out on the Mall and enjoying the sunshine.  It is finally VEST season – my favorite time of year.  Casey makes so much fun of me for it, but I have a thing for puffy vests.  I have three of them.  :)

We got down to the Mall area where the rally was taking place and found ourselves lost in a giant sea of people.

This is about as close as we could get – we could see the stage and hear the speakers and musicians, but we were still probably two city blocks away.

Even if we couldn’t see much of the rally itself, it was fun to be part of something big.  Not to mention all the beautiful scenery we had to enjoy!

It is so fun having Tina and Eddie here!

All sorts of people came out for the rally – crazy costumes (I think Halloween played a big role in that too), all sorts of funny signs (my favorite was “Fear the McRib”), and one guy even brought a piano with him!

Some people definitely went all out to deliver their messages.

We walked around to the side of the stage to get a better view where we could see a bit more, and from there we could actually see Colbert taking to the crowd.

Eventually we decided the crowds were a bit insane, and we set off to
find a less packed-in area to do some sightseeing.

We made our way over to the Capitol so that we could walk all around it.  Tina and Eddie haven’t been here in a really long time, and have never really done much sightseeing or exploring – it’s fun to get to do it with them.

Gorgeous colors of fall everywhere.  What a wonderful city backdrop.

I know I talk about it all the time, but this city just never gets old.

Jeggings!  :)

The view of the rally from the Capitol was AWESOME. You could see just how far the crowd stretched into the distance.

I’m really interested to hear how many people they think came out for today’s events – I have to guess it was hundreds of thousands.

It was a little hard for me to get around, but I’m rocking a new fancy knee brace, and just took the walking nice and sloooooow.  Hope my company wasn’t annoyed to have to hang with the slow poke all day.

Even as the rally neared the end, there were people camped out everywhere you can imagine.  Check out the steps of the Archives!

People even started climbing statues and trees to get a better view.  Pretty bold if you ask me!

The rest of our afternoon was spent battling metros, and eventually making our way back to Old Town for a delicious Thai dinner by the water.  It was fun to participate in our first big DC event.  I can only imagine what it is like to be here for the Inauguration and other big political events!  Looking forward to many more events in our new city, and a wonderful weekend of sightseeing and exploring with my in-laws!

(Wrote this post last night and as I went to push publish, my battery died – grrrr.  Off to cheer at the marathon!)

maria @ Chasing the Now     at 8:16 am

Looks like a lot of fun, even if you weren’t that close. :)

maria @ Chasing the Now     at 8:16 am

Looks like a lot of fun, even if you weren’t that close. :)

maria @ Chasing the Now     at 8:16 am

Looks like a lot of fun, even if you weren’t that close. :)

maria @ Chasing the Now     at 8:16 am

Looks like a lot of fun, even if you weren’t that close. :)

maria @ Chasing the Now     at 8:16 am

Looks like a lot of fun, even if you weren’t that close. :)

alison     at 8:20 am

You were very brave to have even attempted to go down to the rally yesterday. We drove to Falls Church to visit a running store yesterday around 1030 and there were TONS of people walking to the Metro station nearest our house and then we drove along side an orange line Metro in transit that had people packed in like sardines.
Too.Many.People.

Have fun cheering on the MCM runners this morning!

alison     at 8:20 am

Too.Many.People.

Have fun cheering on the MCM runners this morning!

alison     at 8:20 am

Too.Many.People.

Have fun cheering on the MCM runners this morning!

alison     at 8:20 am

Too.Many.People.

Have fun cheering on the MCM runners this morning!

alison     at 8:20 am

Too.Many.People.

Have fun cheering on the MCM runners this morning!

Errign     at 8:21 am

Love that you do vest season too!

Have fun cheering today :) Your fellow runners will really appreciate it!

Errign     at 8:21 am

Love that you do vest season too!

Have fun cheering today :) Your fellow runners will really appreciate it!

Errign     at 8:21 am

Love that you do vest season too!

Have fun cheering today :) Your fellow runners will really appreciate it!

Errign     at 8:21 am

Love that you do vest season too!

Have fun cheering today :) Your fellow runners will really appreciate it!

Errign     at 8:21 am

Love that you do vest season too!

Have fun cheering today :) Your fellow runners will really appreciate it!

Jen     at 8:44 am

Oh, man, I wish I could have been there to see Stewart & Colbert’s rallies (even if I probably would have had to stand at a distance as well)!

There were also a bunch of satellite rallies going on around the country, apparently. That is a TON of people making a statement maintaining sanity in the political climate. I can’t wait to see some of the highlights when the Daily Show & Colbert Report play on Monday night.

Anyway, the scenery looks awesome as well. :D Glad you guys had a blast!

Jen     at 8:44 am

Anyway, the scenery looks awesome as well. :D Glad you guys had a blast!

Jen     at 8:44 am

Anyway, the scenery looks awesome as well. :D Glad you guys had a blast!

Jen     at 8:44 am

Anyway, the scenery looks awesome as well. :D Glad you guys had a blast!

Jen     at 8:44 am

Anyway, the scenery looks awesome as well. :D Glad you guys had a blast!

Janet Oberholtzer     at 8:49 am

So glad you could be at this event … I would have loved to be there! What a beautiful day for the event.
Glad your body could handle it … hope you aren’t too exhausted and that you can handle all the walking you will need to do today to cheer at the marathon. Have fun!
Guess tomorrow will be a rest day.

Janet Oberholtzer     at 8:49 am

Guess tomorrow will be a rest day.

Janet Oberholtzer     at 8:49 am

Guess tomorrow will be a rest day.

Janet Oberholtzer     at 8:49 am

Guess tomorrow will be a rest day.

Janet Oberholtzer     at 8:49 am

Guess tomorrow will be a rest day.

Anika     at 9:20 am

I’ve lived in the DC area for close to eight years now and I only ever complain about the city. Reading your stories and how enthusiastic you are about your new home gives me a whole new appreciation for this area. I love the food and the stories on your blog, but I especially love that you’ve been able to get me excited about a place I thought I was done with.

I wish you the best recovery! I know knee injuries are frustrating, but once recovery really starts, once you can start moving the knee, it will surprise you how fast your body responds. You are more resilient than you could ever imagine.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Omg I love it here so much! Glad I can liven it back up for you :)

Anika     at 9:20 am

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Omg I love it here so much! Glad I can liven it back up for you :)

Anika     at 9:20 am

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Omg I love it here so much! Glad I can liven it back up for you :)

Anika     at 9:20 am

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Omg I love it here so much! Glad I can liven it back up for you :)

Anika     at 9:20 am

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Omg I love it here so much! Glad I can liven it back up for you :)

Kelly     at 9:27 am

I was there too! My boyfriend and I were around 4th street-pretty close up! I would recommend YouTube-ing Stewart’s speech at the end, he ended on a much more serious note that may be of interest. I’m sad we were only here for the weekend and didn’t have much time to do sightseeing….dupont circle was so cute too!

Kelly     at 9:27 am

Kelly     at 9:27 am

Kelly     at 9:27 am

Kelly     at 9:27 am

Laura     at 9:30 am

Yay! No more crutches! It must feel great to walk a bit more normally.

Laura     at 9:30 am

Yay! No more crutches! It must feel great to walk a bit more normally.

Laura     at 9:30 am

Yay! No more crutches! It must feel great to walk a bit more normally.

Laura     at 9:30 am

Yay! No more crutches! It must feel great to walk a bit more normally.

Laura     at 9:30 am

Yay! No more crutches! It must feel great to walk a bit more normally.

Doug     at 9:36 am

We watched this on TV and it was the most sane of all the rallies I’ve ever seen. Jon and Stephen did a great job putting it on. I also love DC; we visit it every time we visit my sister in Annapolis. You’ll love going to the fireworks on the Mall on the Fourth of July. We went in 2009 and got into the annual PBS show in front of the Capitol. Just be prepared for huge crowds!

Good luck on the healing!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

My first visit to DC was for the 4th – that was when I fell in love with it! We got to watch the fireworks from the roof of the Dept. of Labor building – VERY cool!

Doug     at 9:36 am

Good luck on the healing!

Doug     at 9:36 am

Good luck on the healing!

Doug     at 9:36 am

Good luck on the healing!

Doug     at 9:36 am

Good luck on the healing!

Meaghen     at 9:44 am

It looks like you had beautiful weather! I love puffy vests too. I only have one, but I look forward to rocking it every year!

I’ve never been to Washington, but really want to go for the Cherry Blossom Festival. It always looks so beautiful!

Meaghen     at 9:44 am

Meaghen     at 9:44 am

Meaghen     at 9:44 am

Meaghen     at 9:44 am

Sarah     at 10:12 am

I was there too! (with the other 250,000 people)
I am glad you were able to go, I don’t know if I would have braved the crowd. Glad you had fun and are feeling better!

Sarah     at 10:12 am

I was there too! (with the other 250,000 people)

Sarah     at 10:12 am

I was there too! (with the other 250,000 people)

Sarah     at 10:12 am

I was there too! (with the other 250,000 people)

Sarah     at 10:12 am

I was there too! (with the other 250,000 people)

Shannon     at 10:29 am

We were there too, and it was insane. My only complaint is that if they actually got Cat Stevens to sing in public, they should have let him sing at least a full song!

As far as the inauguration… it was worse. At one point, while I was waiting in a crowd, I realized that I was being squeezed so tightly between other people, that I could probably let my knees buckle without falling at all. I tried it, and even lifted my legs. No movement at all.

Shannon     at 10:29 am

Shannon     at 10:29 am

Shannon     at 10:29 am

Shannon     at 10:29 am

Stacey     at 10:40 am

I so wanted to go to that!! Looks like there would not have been space for Jason and I lol. I’m glad you got to spend some time with your in-laws :D And yay for puffy vests! Haha

Stacey     at 10:40 am

Stacey     at 10:40 am

Stacey     at 10:40 am

Stacey     at 10:40 am

Jenny     at 10:48 am

Haha I’m so jealous you went to this! Looks you got beautiful weather too.

Jenny     at 10:48 am

Haha I’m so jealous you went to this! Looks you got beautiful weather too.

Jenny     at 10:48 am

Haha I’m so jealous you went to this! Looks you got beautiful weather too.

Jenny     at 10:48 am

Haha I’m so jealous you went to this! Looks you got beautiful weather too.

Jenny     at 10:48 am

Haha I’m so jealous you went to this! Looks you got beautiful weather too.

grocery goddess jen     at 11:14 am

Neat that you got to be part of that! I definitely would have been freaked out in the crowds, especially underground, too! Enjoy Casey’s parents.

grocery goddess jen     at 11:14 am

grocery goddess jen     at 11:14 am

grocery goddess jen     at 11:14 am

grocery goddess jen     at 11:14 am

Lee     at 11:20 am

I wish I could have gone. I think my mom went. At least, that was her plan, I haven’t talked to her.

Lee     at 11:20 am

Lee     at 11:20 am

Lee     at 11:20 am

Lee     at 11:20 am

A Better Me     at 11:27 am

Looks like a great time! The weather looked amazing too (I’m loving it here). Have a great time at the marathon. Cheering is just as important as running it! I know there’s been a couple races that I may not have finished as strong as I did if it wasn’t for the wonderful spectators screaming their heads off!! :)

A Better Me     at 11:27 am

A Better Me     at 11:27 am

A Better Me     at 11:27 am

A Better Me     at 11:27 am

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 11:27 am

Sounds like fun. I watched it online and it looked like a fun time was had by all. Good to see your injury is coming along well.

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 11:27 am

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 11:27 am

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 11:27 am

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 11:27 am

Maddie     at 11:39 am

Whoa that is a lot of people! Looks like you had fun. I love vests too!

Maddie     at 11:39 am

Whoa that is a lot of people! Looks like you had fun. I love vests too!

Maddie     at 11:39 am

Whoa that is a lot of people! Looks like you had fun. I love vests too!

Maddie     at 11:39 am

Whoa that is a lot of people! Looks like you had fun. I love vests too!

Maddie     at 11:39 am

Whoa that is a lot of people! Looks like you had fun. I love vests too!

Amber K     at 11:52 am

That would be so cool to be where so many important things happen! I bet your company didn’t mind a bit that they had to go slow. I’m amazed at what you can get out and do!

Amber K     at 11:52 am

Amber K     at 11:52 am

Amber K     at 11:52 am

Amber K     at 11:52 am

Amanda     at 12:18 pm

Just found your blog – and love it already. We recently moved away from DC and I’m enjoying reading about your explorations of the city. I love and miss it dearly!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Welcome welcome! So glad you found me :)

Amanda     at 12:18 pm

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Welcome welcome! So glad you found me :)

Amanda     at 12:18 pm

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Welcome welcome! So glad you found me :)

Amanda     at 12:18 pm

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Welcome welcome! So glad you found me :)

Amanda     at 12:18 pm

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Welcome welcome! So glad you found me :)

Dee     at 12:24 pm

That looked so cool!

Dee     at 12:24 pm

That looked so cool!

Dee     at 12:24 pm

That looked so cool!

Dee     at 12:24 pm

That looked so cool!

Dee     at 12:24 pm

That looked so cool!

Christin L.     at 1:05 pm

Here in Austin there was a huge satellite rally. I wanted to attend but I have massage therapy class all day on Saturdays. I love these photos of the actual event, so neat that you got to be there!

Christin L.     at 1:05 pm

Christin L.     at 1:05 pm

Christin L.     at 1:05 pm

Christin L.     at 1:05 pm

Lani     at 1:07 pm

Emily, I’m so glad you got to go the rallly! good for you for getting out and about. I was there too–so odd I didn’t see you guys. Just kiddin’.
It was a lot of fun, but having gotten there bright and early and not leaving til 4, I was exhausted–and I don’t have a healing injury!
Have a wonderful time with the inlaws. :) Might I recommend the National Zoo’s baby lions!!

Lani

Lani     at 1:07 pm

Lani

Lani     at 1:07 pm

Lani

Lani     at 1:07 pm

Lani

Lani     at 1:07 pm

Lani

Kelly     at 1:15 pm

Jeggings are da bomb! I’m obsessed!

Kelly     at 1:15 pm

Jeggings are da bomb! I’m obsessed!

Kelly     at 1:15 pm

Jeggings are da bomb! I’m obsessed!

Kelly     at 1:15 pm

Jeggings are da bomb! I’m obsessed!

Kelly     at 1:15 pm

Jeggings are da bomb! I’m obsessed!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner     at 1:15 pm

I wish I could have gone to the rally! Looks like a great turnout.

Also – I love puffy vests. I’m in the market for a new one! What brand do you have?

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

All three of mine are from the Gap!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner Reply:

Love that store – thanks for the tip!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner     at 1:15 pm

I wish I could have gone to the rally! Looks like a great turnout.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

All three of mine are from the Gap!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner Reply:

Love that store – thanks for the tip!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner     at 1:15 pm

I wish I could have gone to the rally! Looks like a great turnout.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

All three of mine are from the Gap!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner Reply:

Love that store – thanks for the tip!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner     at 1:15 pm

I wish I could have gone to the rally! Looks like a great turnout.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

All three of mine are from the Gap!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner Reply:

Love that store – thanks for the tip!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner     at 1:15 pm

I wish I could have gone to the rally! Looks like a great turnout.

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

All three of mine are from the Gap!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner Reply:

Love that store – thanks for the tip!

Carol     at 1:35 pm

Looks like you had a great time! Hope the marathon was successful!

Carol     at 1:35 pm

Looks like you had a great time! Hope the marathon was successful!

Carol     at 1:35 pm

Looks like you had a great time! Hope the marathon was successful!

Carol     at 1:35 pm

Looks like you had a great time! Hope the marathon was successful!

Carol     at 1:35 pm

Looks like you had a great time! Hope the marathon was successful!

Maggie     at 1:37 pm

Looks like a good time. I was there for Obama’s inauguration and it was crazy, the crowds were just completely overwhelming.

And I love vests too! I have that same Gap brown one that you’re wearing :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Haha YES – it’s from like 5 years ago!

Maggie     at 1:37 pm

And I love vests too! I have that same Gap brown one that you’re wearing :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Haha YES – it’s from like 5 years ago!

Maggie     at 1:37 pm

And I love vests too! I have that same Gap brown one that you’re wearing :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Haha YES – it’s from like 5 years ago!

Maggie     at 1:37 pm

And I love vests too! I have that same Gap brown one that you’re wearing :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Haha YES – it’s from like 5 years ago!

Maggie     at 1:37 pm

And I love vests too! I have that same Gap brown one that you’re wearing :)

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Haha YES – it’s from like 5 years ago!

Emily     at 1:40 pm

I just bought a new puffy vest yesterday, bringing my tally up to 2. My husband makes fun of me, too, but I love ‘em! My new is from the boys section at Old Navy–only 15 bucks!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Ahhh good idea! I love buying cheap boys clothes.

Emily     at 1:40 pm

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Ahhh good idea! I love buying cheap boys clothes.

Emily     at 1:40 pm

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Ahhh good idea! I love buying cheap boys clothes.

Emily     at 1:40 pm

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Ahhh good idea! I love buying cheap boys clothes.

Emily     at 1:40 pm

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Ahhh good idea! I love buying cheap boys clothes.

Ashley     at 1:52 pm

Ahh, love it!! So jealous you got to go to that, even though you couldn’t see much! We love Colbert + Stewart! :) I’m sure Chris + Casey would get along really well, hehe. Glad you were able to get around. Must have been nice to be out and about. See you THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley     at 1:52 pm

Ashley     at 1:52 pm

Ashley     at 1:52 pm

Ashley     at 1:52 pm

S @ extremebalance.net/blog     at 1:57 pm

I’m so with you on the puffy vests: I wear one inside for about 6 months of the year, so it only makes sense to have a variety!

DC rallies *are* pretty unreal—I usually got caught in them by accident, not design, but you still get a great sense of the energy. Great pics!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

I wear mine inside too. I even took a nap in one yesterday, which prompted a lot of teasing from my family. :)

S @ extremebalance.net/blog     at 1:57 pm

S @ extremebalance.net/blog     at 1:57 pm

S @ extremebalance.net/blog     at 1:57 pm

S @ extremebalance.net/blog     at 1:57 pm

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 2:11 pm

awww, looks fun! enjoy time with family.

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 2:11 pm

awww, looks fun! enjoy time with family.

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 2:11 pm

awww, looks fun! enjoy time with family.

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 2:11 pm

awww, looks fun! enjoy time with family.

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 2:11 pm

awww, looks fun! enjoy time with family.

Ash     at 2:17 pm

I love puffy vests!

Ash     at 2:17 pm

I love puffy vests!

Ash     at 2:17 pm

I love puffy vests!

Ash     at 2:17 pm

I love puffy vests!

Ash     at 2:17 pm

I love puffy vests!

Elizabeth     at 2:51 pm

Thanks for sharing your photos of the rally. After reading about it in the paper it was fun to see your photos.

Elizabeth     at 2:51 pm

Looks like so much fun!

christina cadden     at 3:04 pm

Looks like so much fun!

christina cadden     at 3:04 pm

Looks like so much fun!

Claire (Low Impact Fashionista)     at 3:07 pm

Ah I love your puffy vest, they are so perfect for fall. And I would totally feel claustrophobic underground with all those people, ick too close!

Claire (Low Impact Fashionista)     at 3:07 pm

Claire (Low Impact Fashionista)     at 3:07 pm

Claire (Low Impact Fashionista)     at 3:07 pm

Claire (Low Impact Fashionista)     at 3:07 pm

Sarah @ EatRunGarden     at 4:19 pm

I love Vests and vest weather! They are warm yet you can move your arms far more easily than in a winter coat.
It looks like you had a lot of fun at the Rally and with your in-laws.

Sarah @ EatRunGarden     at 4:19 pm

It looks like you had a lot of fun at the Rally and with your in-laws.

Sarah @ EatRunGarden     at 4:19 pm

It looks like you had a lot of fun at the Rally and with your in-laws.

Sarah @ EatRunGarden     at 4:19 pm

It looks like you had a lot of fun at the Rally and with your in-laws.

Sarah @ EatRunGarden     at 4:19 pm

It looks like you had a lot of fun at the Rally and with your in-laws.

Emilie     at 5:34 pm

Yes, vest season is the best! I never understand when people say they don’t get what a vest is for. Maybe they’ve never lived in a place where the climate can be too warm for a coat but too cold to skip wearing an additional layer?

Emilie     at 5:34 pm

Emilie     at 5:34 pm

Emilie     at 5:34 pm

Emilie     at 5:34 pm

Erina     at 5:36 pm

I had to laugh because that was exactly the crowd estimate I read today “hundreds of thousands”!

Erina     at 5:36 pm

Erina     at 5:36 pm

Erina     at 5:36 pm

Erina     at 5:36 pm

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep     at 6:16 pm

Looks like an awesome event! I wish I could have gone. I’m only a few hours away. Love your stories about the city.

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep     at 6:16 pm

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep     at 6:16 pm

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep     at 6:16 pm

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep     at 6:16 pm

Lisa (bakebikeblog)     at 6:19 pm

wow I saw the coverage of that rally on last night’s news in Australia and it looked MASSIVE!!!

Lisa (bakebikeblog)     at 6:19 pm

Lisa (bakebikeblog)     at 6:19 pm

Lisa (bakebikeblog)     at 6:19 pm

Lisa (bakebikeblog)     at 6:19 pm

Debbie B.     at 7:33 pm

Sounds like a great weekend!! I really wanted to go to the rally but was out of town visiting one of my sisters! Sounds like lots of bloggers had family weekends! :)

Debbie B.     at 7:33 pm

Debbie B.     at 7:33 pm

Debbie B.     at 7:33 pm

Debbie B.     at 7:33 pm

Beth @ DiningAndDishing     at 12:16 pm

I’m such a party pooper but I avoided downtown like the plauge on Saturday because of the crowds. The Tea Party rally was packed enough – I could only imagine what this rally was like! I am feeling like I missed out a bit now that I see your pictures though :).

Beth @ DiningAndDishing     at 12:16 pm

Beth @ DiningAndDishing     at 12:16 pm

Beth @ DiningAndDishing     at 12:16 pm

Beth @ DiningAndDishing     at 12:16 pm

Danielle     at 2:20 pm

Love your photos of the rally- especially from the capitol building. I saw people climbing onto porta potties… talk about bold!

Danielle     at 2:20 pm

Danielle     at 2:20 pm

Danielle     at 2:20 pm

Danielle     at 2:20 pm

katie     at 5:45 pm

Wish we could have been there with you guys!
Glad you ditched the crutches. I think I lasted about two days with them following my surgery.
Have fun with Tina and Eddie this week!

katie     at 5:45 pm

Wish we could have been there with you guys!
Have fun with Tina and Eddie this week!

katie     at 5:45 pm

Wish we could have been there with you guys!
Have fun with Tina and Eddie this week!

katie     at 5:45 pm

Wish we could have been there with you guys!
Have fun with Tina and Eddie this week!

katie     at 5:45 pm

Wish we could have been there with you guys!
Have fun with Tina and Eddie this week!

Shannon     at 7:52 pm

Shannon     at 7:52 pm

Shannon     at 7:52 pm

Shannon     at 7:52 pm

Shannon     at 7:52 pm

Shannon     at 7:54 pm

I just blogged about being at the rally, too. I agree with you, I don’t think DC could ever get old. There are way too many things to discover, even if you live there. Oh, and I was able to check out Cafe Green and Sticky Fingers. Have you been to Sticky Fingers? It’s a fabulous vegan bakery. My review will be up later this week.

Shannon     at 7:54 pm

Shannon     at 7:54 pm

Shannon     at 7:54 pm

Shannon     at 7:54 pm

Monica     at 3:18 pm

Oh that first picture from the Metro makes me claustrophobic just looking at it. I hate being underground and stuck!

I love love love love pests of all puff-levels. They complete an outfit like nothing else.

Monica     at 3:18 pm

Monica     at 3:18 pm

Monica     at 3:18 pm

Monica     at 3:18 pm

Melissa     at 8:59 pm

Funny! My husband and I were there too! It was crazy insane. We stayed for the whole thing. I felt closed in trying to walk out of the area after it was done. It was like no one was moving! But definitely a great experience…gorgeous day!

Melissa     at 8:59 pm