For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Construction Zone.

Welcome to Atlanta! (where the players play…)

We are staying at my brother and sister-in-law’s house for the week (remember their gorgeous wedding?), and they are currently undergoing a major spontaneous kitchen renovation!

Kirt and Casey’s dad is insanely talented at home repairs and renovations, and he showed up here this week planning to take a vacation, and ended up deciding to rip apart the kitchen!  Most of which is currently hanging out in the dining room…

The great thing about being with family is that no one cares when your refrigerator is in the living room.  :)

The stove is in the backyard…

And new floors have been laid.  Looks like we will be having Thanksgiving dinner at Aunt Toby’s house this year!  Hope she has room for us.

The renovations go beyond the kitchen too – that right there is a bathroom with no TOILET!  Good thing there is another one…

I know Kirt and Katie are stressed about the mess with all the company in the house, but none of us care.  I’m just happy to be here and have a little bit of a vacation.  Now that we live so much of a city life, it’s kind of nice to kick back in and enjoy some Georgia country for a few days…

Lots of color on the trees down here too!

Looking forward to eating lots of good FOOD in the next few days.

And spending some snuggle time with this little lady.

She is the most adorably-ugly, sweetest dog in the world.  :)

Don’t believe the snarl – she is afraid of her own shadow.

IMG_4345

Hoping my two pups are surviving the kennel and missing them like crazy.  I’m off to grab a paintbrush and help get this place back in order!

Since most people are probably travelling or getting ready for the holiday today, tell me – where are YOU spending your Thanksgiving this year?  This is my second Thanksgiving in Atlanta!  Safe travels everyone (and if my experience yesterday was any indication, get to the airport EARLY!)  :)

Alexa @ The Girl In Chucks     at 3:23 pm

I am spending Thanksgiving at the race track. I kid you not. The SO wants to go and it’s the only day we’ve come across so far where we both have a racing day off (I work weekends). I’m sure it’ll be fun, but I’m a little sad I’m missing out on Thanksgiving festivities.

Neena     at 3:34 pm

I will be in Atlanta, too, with my wonderful family! Hopefully this yucky rainy weather will clear up by tomorrow.

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 3:37 pm

A fridge in the livingroom? That is awesome

Lauren     at 4:52 pm

Glad you arrived safely. I know how they must feel, I would be SUPER stressed to have a full house with a house that was not in order. But you will all make the best of it.

Enjoy your time with your family!

Lauren     at 4:58 pm

I’m running all over this Thanksgiving, literally. 10K Turkey Trot in the morning then my boyfriend’s mom’s then my parent’s. Hectic but I’m sure it will be worth it to get to see everyone :) Happy Thanksgiving Emily!

Wendy     at 4:59 pm

Just north of Atl. (lake lanier area). I have been cooking all day. Can’t wait for my family to try my broccoli quinoa dish!

Tracy     at 6:51 pm

Welcome to ATL! I read your blog a lot but rarely comment – had to pop in and say hi since you’re in my hometown! Hope you love it here. Sorry the weather’s not the best!

Claire (Low Impact Fashionista)     at 6:54 pm

I want the “food person” shirt that Casey is wearing! So cute!

Emily     at 7:58 pm

Looks like it’s going to be a good one!! We have our Thanksgiving in our garage because we’ve outgrown the dining room. It’s a fun way to celebrate because it makes everything so much less serious :) Can’t wait to have pictures to describe it to people tomorrow!

Jillian@ Reshape Your Life     at 8:50 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who decided to re-do the kitchen right before the holidays. Although no one is coming to our house, I’m still elbow deep in paint ;)

Sarah @ goingongoals     at 9:17 pm

That looks just like my parents kitchen! Renovations add a whole new dynamic to the Holidays!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 10:14 pm

Woohoo! I would love to walk into a home reno! Time to get your hands dirty!!

Meghan     at 10:17 pm

I’m staying in my apt alone. I got pneumonia and I was sick for 8 days and now I’m too behind in my school work to go home. :( but school will be over in a couple of weeks and Ill have plenty of time with my family. Have a great time! I like Casey’s shirt! :)

jen     at 8:25 am

Happy Thanksgiving!
Dinner is at my mom’s house, but i’m doing all of the cooking, love it!

Jen

Nelle @ Living Cliche     at 8:39 am

Thanksgiving in Los Angeles! I’m originally from Iowa, but my two older brothers live out here, too! Thanksgiving at my oldest brother’s place has been a tradition now for FIVE years! Love my siblings and love an L.A. Thanksgiving! :-)

Shannon     at 11:33 am

I love Atlanta! I also love that adorable dog! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We’re headed to the largest vegan Thanksgiving in Durham. Hundreds of people gather for a gourmet vegan buffet. Oh, I can’t wait!

Sara @ Baking and Wine     at 11:29 pm

Aww! Fun!

I also spent my Thanksgiving in Georgia! My husband and I hosted it at our home in Dahlonega, about an hour and a half north of Atlanta and had my parents and brother and my husband’s parents and sister with us! It was great. My first time cooking a turkey! Woot!

running shoes