For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Family Reunion.

I have been up since 6am baking a double layer birthday cake from scratch – in my pajamas and an apron of course, since I wouldn’t want those to get dirty…

The office desk is clean for the first time in weeks – you can even see the table!

The dogs are freaking out because they can tell something is going on.  Huey is hiding in my closet…

And Indy is planning an escape…

The towels are laid out…

The bed has been made…

And the house is freshly vacuumed…

It can only mean one thing – COMPANY is on the way!  I have been looking forward to this weekend for weeks and weeks.  My mom and both sisters are currently en route to Virginia.  It is hard to believe that the four of us haven’t all been together since my sister’s gorgeous farm wedding last October.

Becca's Wedding 126

In case it’s not clear, I am 100% obsessed with my family.  I don’t share a lot about my past on the blog, but let’s just say it has been rocky.  My dad left us when I was 15, and while my older sister was off at college, my mom and I bonded together to pull our family back together and raise my little sister.

While the rest of my friends hung out after school, I worked at my mom’s flower shop – making wedding bouquets, driving the delivery truck, loading cars with mulch – you name it.  When I wasn’t there, I was taking Sarah to soccer games and birthday parties.  Like it or not, I grew up very quickly.

But I’m not complaining.  Our unusual circumstances only made us stronger.  My mom became my best friend, and my sisters were my teammates.  Our family truly embodies girl power.  My mom’s birthday is this weekend, and I can’t even explain how excited I am that we will all be together to celebrate.  She is the bravest woman I know.

Counting the minutes and staring out the window until they get here.  Hurry up guys!

Marie     at 7:57 pm

Awe! Happy birthday to your mom! :) I love hearing stories of people persevering and making a better life for themselves! :) I’d had a rough childhood but people today would never know unless I told them, so I love hearing “happy endings” from others as well. :) This made me tear up. Have a wonderful weekend with your family, Emily! :)

Laura (starloz)     at 7:57 pm

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Ashley     at 8:00 pm

Have fun this weekend!! Love the photo of you and your mom and the farm wedding one too. Gorgeous! :)

Tina     at 8:00 pm

Did Huey eat her birthday cake this year???? Remember the year he ate not only the first cake you baked for your Mom but the replacement cake you baked after that!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, How many did you have to bake this year?

anonymous     at 8:04 pm

your sister’s wedding dress is gorgeous, i think we have the same style. your family sounds incredible! i hope you enjoy your time with them :)

Heather     at 8:52 pm

I am so sorry you had a rough growing up :o( sounds like you have some amazing women in your family! Have a great weekend!

Amy     at 10:19 pm

What a beautiful story about your family. I hope you have the best time this weekend!

Laura     at 10:49 pm

HAVE so much fun with your family this weekend! I was thinking a few weeks ago that I thought it was strange you had not mentioned your older sister in a while!

Also I LOVE how much you love your family. I also envy you. My family has been through some hard things that we just can’t seem to get over and we are not close at all anymore. I’m totally jealous that your mom is your best friend :)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat)     at 11:16 pm

Happy Birthday Mama Front Burner!

Wow, the 4 of you gals are simply awesome. Make sure to keep the cake in the fridge or in a safe :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 1:19 am

Aww how exciting! I love to hear about strong families like your’s that take rough circumstances to become closer. My husband’s family is the same way and being a part of it has grown me so much.

Kate     at 1:32 am

I have two sisters too- best combo. Congratulations on BEING AWESOME INSTEAD.

Have fun!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner     at 1:33 pm

Yay for moms! Have a great visit with everyone.

Katy (The Singing Runner)     at 1:54 pm

Baking a cake at 6am? Sounds like a dream for me. :)

Melanie     at 2:48 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. I could “feel” your emotions through your writing and the closeness that you and your sisters and mom all share. What a bunch of beautiful women too – love that wedding photo! Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

Mandiee     at 6:44 pm

I’m 16 and can really relate to your story. I’ve had to grow up more in just a few months than it feels like I ever had to. However, it’s nice to know that family will always hold us together. Now more than ever I appreciate the love that we share. I hope you have a wonderful time with yours this weekend! How lucky we are to have such amazing people around us.

Have a lovely day!
xox

skinnyrunner     at 9:16 pm

hope you have an absolutely wonderful time with your mom and sisters!

Emily     at 9:32 pm

So happy that you get to be with your family!! I hate how often I take for granted the close-ness of mine, although I never forgot it when I was away at college. Can’t wait to see the photos, have a wonderful time!!!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather     at 11:19 pm

Have fun! Can’t wait to see your cake :)

Kristen @ Kristen, Sweetly     at 12:36 am

Staring out the window until they get there – too cute! And I love that you were up at 6:00 AM to bake. Sounds like something I would get teased for. I hope you guys have a fantastic time!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run]     at 2:06 am

I love learning more and more about your life each post :)

Kristy     at 8:43 am

I can relate to your accelerated maturity very deeply. Your right it does make us stronger and more responsible people :-)

Mom     at 6:26 pm

I just got around to reading this blog since I was on a plane when you wrote it- This is the nicest birthday present ever!

running shoes