For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Old Town Pizza Paradise.

Sorry for the late post tonight – I have been busy filming my video for the next Project Foog Blog post all afternoon!  Hopefully you guys will still want to read my blog after you see what a giant dork I am on camera.

Ever since we moved here, for the last 7 weeks I have been stalking a vacant spot on King Street that has been under construction with the promise of a new pizza place to come.  I literally squeal with glee and peek in the windows every time we stroll past.

Finally, last week I saw online that they were officially OPEN!  And even more exciting, I saw that their menu offered delicious vegan pizza options.  Pizza is one of those things that I love to go out to dinner for, rather than make at home, and finding places that offer soy cheese is always incredibly exciting.

We actually stopped into the restaurant on Saturday night, but there was a 45 minute wait, so we decided to wait until the week when the crowds would have died down.  Tonight we headed up to King Street, and because it was so COLD outside, there weren’t nearly as many people wandering around.

So we figured it was finally the perfect night for Pizza Paradiso!

Barely recognizable from the crowds of Saturday night!

There was really cute pizza décor all around…

Fluffy clouds on the ceiling…

And fun painted flames on the giant brick oven in the middle of the open kitchen.  Ever since culinary school, I have loved going to restaurants with open kitchens – I think it is so fun to watch all the action!

My high expectations of Pizza Paradiso did not disappoint.  A restaurant first for me – when we sat down they gave us a little bowl of delicious OLIVES!  Olives are a close second to my all time favorite food (avocado).

I was thrilled that we were able to add the soy mozzarella to any of the pizza selections – yum!

I never want Tina and Eddie to leave.  I love having them here visiting, and I hope we are successfully showing them how much fun it is to live here.  I am so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws.

Pizza makes me happy.  Casey makes me happy too.  :)

After just a few minutes, the pizza I have waited 7 weeks for FINALLY arrived!  Casey and I each got two different veggie pizzas so that we could trade pieces and try both.  Mine was the Sicilian, which had capers, red peppers, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, and soy mozzarella.  YUM!

Tina and Eddie got a big buffalo mozzarella pizza to split, which looked
delicious too.

And Casey got the margherita, which turned out to be my favorite.  Unlike the weird non-melty soy cheese from Brixx that made us so ill in Charlotte, this was like nothing I have had before.  It was super melty and creamy, and tasted just as good as the real thing!

All my expectations were met, and I am so glad we have a delicious new pizza place in town for when the craving strikes.

Now I just need to find out if they deliver…

Amy K @ Onehealthypeanut     at 11:21 am

What a cute place! And the pizza look AMAZING! Nice and crusty, just how I like them!!

Emily     at 11:26 am

Hands down, my favorite pizza place in DC! And maybe even the world…So glad they opened one up out near you guys! My fave is the four cheese, which obviously would not be a good fit for you, but I’ve seriously never met a pie I didn’t like at this pizza paradise.

Maryann     at 11:27 am

It looks soooo soooo good.
I’ll take a bit of each.
Where can I get this cheese anybody??
Lancaster County PA GAL

Alyson     at 11:37 am

I have never, ever found a pizza joint with soy cheese. Say hello to the homeschooling mom of seven who has *no* take out options and has to cook every single night. Hello!

Kim H     at 12:16 pm

I am so jealous of your soy cheese pizza! I have had pizza without cheese but miss cheese soooo much!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries     at 12:23 pm

Yum! I’m not vegan, but am pretty surpried how nicely the cheese melted. I’ve seen other people eat soy cheese on pizza and it never looks that good!

LC @ Let Them Eat Lentils     at 12:37 pm

They do not deliver. Just an FYI. Pizzaria Paradiso is my favorite pizza place in DC. We used to go there all the time – you should check out the one in Georgetown (the original). The basement has a fireplace and is all cozy in the winter. I know you don’t drink, but if you have friends who do who come visit, the beer selection there is fantastic.

Also, I always get the Siciliana. Nice choice :) The salads are fresh and italian as well – you might want to split one to start next time.

Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit     at 12:42 pm

Those look so good! It’s a good thing I have a pizza in my freezer ^_^

A Better Me     at 12:53 pm

Those pizzas look DELICIOUS!! Mercy!

Michelle...     at 1:22 pm

YESSS I LOVE Pizzeria Paradiso. The last time I was in DC my boyfriend and I waited about an hour at 8:30pm (!!) at the former mini location in Dupont Circle, but it was so worth the wait. There is nothing like a perfect wood fired pizza crust. I could eat it every day. I wish they would open one in Boston!

Corey - The Runner's Cookie     at 1:52 pm

Oh my. Amazing pizza like that is just the best. Glad to hear you are happy :)

Monica     at 2:05 pm

Wow – that pizza looks amazing!

Finding a great pizza place is key to establishing home in a new town. Some places really mess up this fairly simple dish, but other places hit serious bingo. It is funny, because pizza is such a popular thing for restaurants to create, but so few do it right.

Babs     at 3:17 pm

Yum the pizza looks amazing! I love when the fake cheese looks real :)

I def judge a pizza by the crust and that crust screams eaaaaaaaaaaaaat me

And I too am an avo/olive fan :) both are delicious

Clare @ Fitting It All In     at 4:08 pm

There is a new pizza places opening near my work that has vegan options!! St. Louis is slowly becoming for vegetarian and vegan friendly. Love it!

Candice @ChiaSeedMe     at 4:48 pm

You’re so cute!

So glad you got to try it – the pizza looks amaaaazing!!! Several posts I’ve read today have featured pizza, and now I’m seriously craving it. Yours just pushed me over the edge!

I really wish I liked olives, but I just don’t. I’ve never been brave enough to try a whole one bc I don’t like them sliced. They’re pretty though!

emily (a nutritionist eats)     at 4:58 pm

I just saw vegemite at my coop this weekend! Let me know if you ever need some more :)

natalie (the sweets life)     at 3:10 pm

oh my gosh everything about that place seems perfect! I’m a huge fan of going out for pizza (and making it at home…really I’m just a huge pizza fan!!). love that they gave you olives!

Tricia @ Saving Room for Dessert     at 3:18 pm

Looks like I will need to drive the 40+ miles up north to try this pizza! Thanks for taste testing the flavors of the area for us.

Stacey     at 4:15 pm

Holy crust. That pizza looks awesome, especially the crust. Is it weird that sometimes I order pizza from my local pizzaria just for the chewy, golden crust? How many times can I say crust in this comment? Crust. There I’m done :D
Oh and I agree! The ONE time I ordered a soy cheese pizza from Brixx, it totally tore my stomach up :(

Theodora     at 10:49 pm

Faccia Luna, also in Old Town, is pretty good. Not sure about soy cheese though. In D.C. proper, the HANDS DOWN BEST pizza is Matchbox.

restaurant 's-heerenberg     at 8:17 am

You should take part in a contest for one of the most useful
websites on the web. I am going to recommend this blog!

Corinne     at 7:44 am

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will
make certain to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later in life.
I want to encourage yourself to continue your great job, have
a nice afternoon!