Party in the ATL.

Spent the rest of yesterday helping out and having fun painting the kitchen!

IMG_4348 (427x640) IMG_4349 (427x640)

Finished product – gorgeous bright yellow!  My goal is to eventually have a yellow kitchen – it’s my favorite kitchen color.

Once the walls were done, the new appliances started rolling in.

Finished!  Gorgeous brand new kitchen.  :)

Once the kitchen renovation was complete at Kirt and Katie’s, we headed over to Toby and Kevin’s house to do a little cooking.  They have a gorgeous giant kitchen that makes me drool.

And a house absolutely FILLED with dogs.  Dog #1 – gorgeous golden Millie.

Dog #2 – GIGANTIC Great Dane Gatsby.  I have never actually been in close proximity with a Great Dane before, and now I’ve decided that I have to have one.  It’s kind of like hanging out with a small horse.

Dog #3 – Daisy, the Rhodesian Ridgeback.  She is quiet and shy, and totally awesome.

Believe it or not, Casey’s cousins Kristin and Matt drove all the way from Ohio to Atlanta with 2 adults, a 9 year old, a 1 year old baby, the Great Dane and the Ridgeback.  There was actually a 4th dog at the house – Ellie – that I somehow missed in the photos.  The Malones are SUCH a dog family, and I love it.  :)

Tina and I had headed over to the house early so that we could do some pre-Thanksgiving cooking.  I was in charge of cranberry sauce…

Finished product – can’t wait to dig in tonight.  :)

After the cooking was done, the family started rolling in and the party got started.  Babies make everything more fun.

Every good party has hair braiding too.  Isn’t Madison gorgeous?  She looks like a mini Dakota Fanning.

The iPhone dorks hung out with their phones…  :)

And Aunt Tracey had a fun announcement for everyone!

She is ENGAGED!  Big congrats to her and Steve.  :)

I spent most of the night following giant Gatsby around and marveling at his size.

Check him out relative Casey.  They are probably close in weight.

So much fun to be surrounded by family.  :)

Kirt entertained us all with magic tricks… (I was very impressed!)

And as any family reunion should, it ended with a Michael Jackson dance party.

Eventually the dogs and dancers were all worn out, and it was time to go home.

Still lounging around in my pajamas and being lazy with family.  Looking forward to a feast tonight!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you ALL!

My life is so much more full because of my blog and Twitter friends.  I am grateful for you all this year – thank you!

Katie @ The Boston Marathoner     at 1:05 pm

Those dogs are incredible! I have always wanted a Great Dane, but at a 5’0″ I don’t think it would be the smartest plan. I love a good MJ dance party too – Happy Thanksgiving!

Poppy@ From Fried Chicken to Tofu     at 1:12 pm

Looks like you’re having a great day. Just want to say thanks to you! I get so much inspiration (and awesome recipes) from your blog! Thanks for doing what you do. It’s definitely had an impact on my life!

Christin@purplebirdblog     at 1:19 pm

Great Danes are totally the ultimate dog, in my opinion. They are such loving, gentle giants! I want one SOOO BAD, but won’t do it until I have an ample house to call my own, to be fair to my future doggie, of course! :)

Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

Leanne     at 1:19 pm

What a beautiful kitchen! I especially love the countertops!

Leanne Reply:

Happy thanksgiving Emily to you and your family!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme)     at 1:25 pm

I’ve always wanted a Great Dane! I must have one when I’m older–I’m just worried about all my food disappearing since they can reach the kitchen counter ;)

Happy Thanksgiving Emily!

Meagan     at 1:47 pm

That looks like such fun! I had to laugh about your small horse comment – I’ve never thought about it before, but it’s true! It nice to see you moving around and painting – in shorts… your leg must be really doing well! I bet you are no doubt thankful for that.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

lindsay     at 1:47 pm

That looks like a lot of fun! Such cute dogs and little ones!! Happy Thanksgiving Emily (and Casey!)…

Kathleen     at 2:08 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Our best friends have a Great Dane and I always feel the same way when we hangout at their place… until they told me how expensive it is to feed him. Ha!

Claire (Low Impact Fashionista)     at 2:36 pm

Looks like such a fun time! I love family time :) I love that great dane too!

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner)     at 2:46 pm

Looks like such a fun day! Beautiful great dane- I’d love to have one too! And you’re right in thinking that Madison looks like Dakota Fanning’s identical twin! :P
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you too! :D

Krystina     at 2:20 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

I can feel the warmth in these photos and it makes me very happy. I wish I had a big family.

Maryann     at 4:09 pm

Emily any everyone,
Blessed Thanksgiving to all.
Lancaster Co PA Gal

Lisa     at 5:10 pm

All the happiness, love and FUN just JUMPS out of those pics :) Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Rebecca     at 5:15 pm

We used to have a Great Dane when I was a kid, his name was Luke. They are beautiful dogs. Luke rescued me when I was a baby, I fell out the window and he carried me to the backdoor and barked for my Mum, I didn’t have a mark on me, he was so gentle.

Melissa     at 6:20 pm

And we are even more grateful for you Emily. Happy Thanksgiving!

grocery goddess jen     at 7:09 pm

That pic of the Great Dane in the kitchen is awesome…he’s HUGE!

I have a yellow kitchen with white cabinets, I love yellow! I wish my kitchen was bigger, though. And that someone would come in and clean it for me every night!

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 8:01 pm

Looks like a great holiday :-)

Caitlyn (A Spoonful of Life)     at 8:37 pm

Happy Thanksgving to you too!

I think I just found my future kitchen!!

Jillian@ Reshape Your Life     at 9:19 pm

I’m so jealous that you got to hang out with a Great Dane… They are my FAVORITE breed of dog. It might be because I like horses, but I can’t be sure.

It looks like you had a great thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving Emily!

Laura (starloz)     at 10:01 pm

ohhhhh, what a fantastic day

Sophia     at 10:14 pm

Emily,

I only discovered your blog recently but have started reading more and more about what you do. I find your whole story really inspiring – especially the career switch you made as well as the switch to healthier eating and a decent exercise regime. I have just started a new job with long hours which makes both exercising regularly and eating healthily a challenge. However, I am determined to stay on track given that junk food and no exercise typically make me feel even worse when I am already tired. Reading blogs written by people like you is a huge motivating factor. So thank you, thank you for your wonderful little blog, your outlook on life and your recipes. Sophia

Vickie     at 10:55 pm

Big dogs are soo fun to be around. I have a chocolate lab and a 2 year old english mastiff and they are awesome!!! This year I ran the Thanksgiving day race in cincinnati and it hasn’t stopped raining. I don’t think this year was a good one for major races in town!!! Thankfully, it only sprinkled and waited to really come down after I was done!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Emily     at 11:37 pm

Glad you had such a wonderful and beautiful Thanksgiving!! I agree that I am totally jealous of that kitchen…to dream :)

Teri [a foodie stays fit]     at 12:17 am

that little boy is adorable!

I LOVE great danes!! They are so cool. I can’t believe there’s a great dane and Rhodesian in the same house. haha!

Ben     at 1:17 am

I am sure you had great time with your family and friends. I love dogs specially I liked Dane.Madison is really cute.

S @ extremebalance.net/blog     at 2:33 am

Your dark hair looks great in the pics—it’s a good colour on you, even if it was an accident!

Marika     at 7:31 am

I think your pictures do a great job of conveying the warmth and spirit of fun in your family! And the three dogs really are gorgeous. Great Danes are such sweethearts!

Lee     at 8:54 am

I love that picture of the three dogs, straining their necks to look at something, pressumbably food!

Elizabeth     at 9:39 am

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgiving dinner included: Apple, Cinnamon & Cranberry Quinoa and Harvest Root Vegetable Pie — thanks to you.

Shannon     at 9:51 am

You family looks so fun! A MJ dance-off? So cool!

Natalia - a side of simple     at 12:06 pm

Looks like such a great time with your family :) Hope you had a wonderful feast and a very happy thanksgiving, Emily!

MJ dance party? I am proud.

Katie     at 12:20 pm

Aww…I want to do Thanksgiving over again! Come baaaccckkk!

Sharon     at 12:39 pm

It honestly seemed like I was there at the house…Real great fun…

What a sweet post! It looks like you have an awesome family. :)

Leslie     at 1:43 pm

Happy Thanksgiving! I love all the dog pics. Homemade cranberry sauce is the best!

Felicia (a taste of health with balance)     at 3:28 pm

Those dogs are gorgeous!! Happy belated Thanksgiving :)

Ashley     at 5:37 pm

LOVE that last photo!!! What a fun day…glad you’re enjoying time with family and all the dogs!!!

Dee     at 11:04 am

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Emily! It looks like you guys had a blast!

Kristin     at 1:35 pm

Do you know the brand and color of that yellow you used for the kitchen? It looks like the exact color I’ve been looking to use for my kitchen. Thanks! btw- love the blog!

Emily @ The Front Burner Blog Reply:

Hmm I don’t. I can check with my brother in law and get back to you!

Kristin Reply:

that would be great- thanks!!

lindsay     at 11:24 am

hahaha
(LOVE ROADTRIP FAMILIES!)

my family last Christmas put 7 adults (4 males around 6 feet tall) and 3 women into a Chevy Venture mini van and drove straight through from Cleveland, Ohio to Scottsdale, ARIZONA in 43 hours……..
I <3 the fam that put in those hours in the car!