For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Vegetarian Skyline Chili Night.

Every time I come home my family talks about all the recipes they’ve been drooling over, and the various things they want me to cook.  Call me selfish, but as soon as I walk through my mom’s door the only thing I want is for someone else to cook for me!  That’s what mom’s are for.  :)

Welcome to my mom’s house!  Let me introduce you to the cast of characters.  First we have Max, with his silky long black hair.

IMG_5676

Next we have Kitty – yes, the lamest cat name ever.  Her name is actually Kitty Malone, because when my mom first found her I was the only one who could take her to the vet, and without thinking, I gave her my last name.  My mom has a very bad habit of adopting stray cats.

IMG_5766

Pretzel was feeling a little shy and wouldn’t come out for her close-up, but I got one anyways.  I actually found Pretzel as a 6-week old kitten, under a tree on the side of a busy road while I was out for a run.  She is a total sweetheart.

And then there is Toby – the feline love of my life.  He is actually MY cat – who my mom was sort of forced to adopt when Casey and I moved in together.  Turns out our dogs are not so cat-friendly, and it was in Toby’s best interest to go live at mom’s house.  I think he is the most beautiful cat in the entire world.

Sadly, I am pretty much the only one who likes him.  :(  I got him in college when he was a teeny tiny kitten, and kept him illegally in my senior dorm room.  When he was just a few months old, there was a horrific accident that involved a giant wooden ladder crashing down on his neck, leaving him nearly paralyzed and slightly brain damaged.  It’s a total miracle that he survived, and I think he is the most precious cat in the world.  But every once in a while he gets a little too feisty for the rest of the family…

IMG_5717

Keeping all these crazy cats in line is Bosley, king of the household.

IMG_5689

Our family has always had Welsh Corgis – such a great dog breed!

No matter how old I get or how far away I live, there is always just something so comforting about coming home to mom’s house.

Even though she is truly a crazy cat woman.  Seriously, it scares me.

For dinner, she was nice enough to make us a big green salad with delicious cherry tomatoes.

And a vegetarian version of Cincinnati’s famous Skyline chili!!  In Cincinnati, spaghetti is the only way to serve chili…

Vegetarian soy crumbles, tomato paste, Cincinnati chili seasoning, water, and salt and pepper.

Absolutely delicious.

Skyline chili is one of those things that most people outside of Cincinnati think is totally disgusting and weird.  But I grew up on the stuff, and this vegetarian version was totally comparable to the real deal.

My mom has recently become a vegetarian too, which is really fun for me and Casey.  It makes family meals so much easier, and it’s nice to have so much love and support for our choices.

My older sister and her husband arrive tonight, and then the family will be complete!  This visit is already going by way too quickly.  Doing my best to soak it all in…

Laratada     at 9:19 pm

Have you eaten at Hard Time Cafe in Alexandria VA? They serve veggie Cincinatti style chili and it’s delish!

Yes – I LOVE Hard Times!!

Jill     at 10:33 am

I was in Cincinnati over the holidays and picked up the Cincinnati chili mix at Kroger! Made some with the veggie crumbles last night and it was very good. My husband liked it too! Thanks for the vegetarian recipe!

Cait     at 7:00 pm

What brand of veggie crumbles do you use?

international moving companies in las vegas     at 8:28 pm

Choosing the right moving company to help you make a move in your near future is imperative if you want an easy and smooth move.
If you purchase from a store, should you pay for delivery.

You will have to move everything from knickers to sneakers, from
books to items, from carpets to computer systems, from DVDs to new music system.

eye optical greenpoint brooklyn     at 1:43 am

Bas’s surgeries, was complaining that, he visited Dr.
If you have complicated eye conditions you may need to seek a more
experienced ophthalmologist or optometrist.
The default setting is three-fourths of the way up on the slider,
and it only notifies you when programs try to make changes to your computer.

Delray Beach Camps Kids     at 11:51 am

Those who are looking for a workout routine that works should check out bootcamp
Las Vegas (. A half-day camp could be an additional choice,
particularly in the summer months. In your daily travels, you may see signs in windows
of stores or restaurants that say “Now Hiring”. Prizes can be as simple as a colorful sticker
or free ice cream, or as memorable as a book they enjoyed reading that day.
Even if you manage to make it there in time and disarm the
bomb, it will still blow up. As an example you could
be available for ten hours a week to give How long will each lesson you offer last.
Summer break can be a fun time period for children. Pamper yourself
for a day in the spa and a stroll in the mall to shop.

They develop self esteem and confidence, and knowledge of what is required to lead a healthy and a
happy lifestyle. Mega-experienced local and English speaking surf coach,
Ulisses, will have you with the best spots and also have you standing in no time.

best hair growth products for men     at 10:14 pm

The older you get, the more likely it is that you’ll start
to experience thinning and hair loss. If the drugs damage cell activity
during the anagen phase, then hair loss is
noticeable within a couple of weeks. The step-by-step
method of using castor oil for hair loss
treatment:.

Boca Raton CPAt test review     at 2:39 am

But, to a trained cost accountant, it is a quick road map
to help management analyze the business and zero in on areas
for improvement. Prepare an application for Tax-ID number,
if needed. Various accounting firms allow students to serve as interns.

summer fun camp delray beach     at 2:35 am

(If you scroll toward the bottom of the page,
you’ll see the Kid’s Camp advertisement. Summertime
at Parris Island, South Carolina is a sweltering mix of heat,
humidity, sand fleas and continuous chaos. The undermanned and undersupplied camp has a whole lot of problems.
Most costs associated with looking for a new job (in your
present occupation), including fees for resume preparation and employment of outplacement agencies, are deductible — as long as you itemize.

Tangle Texture Drawings – Using a black pen, Sharpie, or ink, students will draw a
continuous line that fills the paper, weaving in and out across
the page. They don’t stop to consider that everyone is
weird in some way. Throw it directly in the fire for 5-10 minutes till everything.
It is best to determine your budget before looking around.
A days-only transfer remote island the thriftiest cheap
year camp plan. t be surprised if you see a celebrity or two
during your visit; Hollywood loves Paradise
Cove as much as you will.

Braces Teeth Sensitive     at 2:23 am

Spot on with this write-up, I honestly think this website needs a
lot more attention. I’ll probably be back again to see
more, thanks for the information!

running shoes