For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Casual Friday.

Since they can’t all be deep, conversation producing thoughts or drool-inducing recipes, think of this as a blogger’s equivalent to casual Friday.  Or maybe, the Hawaiian shirt wearing uncle.

In the spirit of Friday, here are a few random pieces of info (that you probably never wanted) to carry you into your weekend…

Once upon a time, I had a serious shoe problem.  I lived for cute heels and fabulous patterns.  I still have all of my favorites, but wear them very rarely.  Embarrassingly enough, this is just the winter collection – boxes of sandals and wedges are hiding under my bed.

These days, the only shoes I really ever wear (both in and out of the house) are actually slippers from Old Navy.  I try to justify this by calling them "moccasins."

I never had a boyfriend in high school.  The entire concept completely terrified me.  In fact, my first boyfriend wasn’t until I was twenty years old, and in my whole life I have only had three total.  I married the third one.

Next month, I turn thirty.  In 48 days to be exact, but who’s counting?  I’m actually excited about this milestone birthday.  Things have only gotten better as I have gotten older, and every year I get to know myself a little bit more.

The only thing NOT good about aging?  Do you see what I see?  I swear these wrinkles appeared overnight.  Can someone recommend some wrinkle cream?  (Did I just type that?)

Also, I am 100% aware that my eyebrows are OUT of control.  It is one of those things I have simply avoided dealing with, but my goal for January is to face my fear and get them done by the end of the month.  Eeeeeek!

And last but not least, can someone please explain THIS to me?

Happy weekend friends!  I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing evening.  We are headed out to see Black Swan tonight – excited!

—————————

New Media & Press and Travel pages added – check ’em out!

Jessica @ Dishin' About Nutrition     at 11:20 am

Congrats! And that is great that you have a positive attitude about it! One year older, one year wiser! So glad I found your blog!

Mel     at 11:24 am

I don’t have any good advice about wrinkle cream, but I’m wondering the same thing. I think its time for me to start buying a good eye cream and I’m totally clueless. Maybe you could post about it in the future if you find a good one?

BTW, the pups are WAY too funny!

Nelle @ Living Cliche     at 1:48 am

There’s lots of super expensive eye creams out there. Bliss makes one called Youth that’s fairly fabulous, but expensive. Although, my grandmother has always used Mary Kay products and my mother is loyal to Oil of Olay… and both ladies look a decade younger than they are.

I’ve sworn by Aveeno products since I was 15… I think the important thing is to simply moisturize and ALWAYS wear great big sunglasses.

And I think this is the vainest sounding comment I have ever left on a blog!

Nellie     at 8:35 am

We have far too much in common… I also have boxes and boxes of shoes. Now they are all in storage, but when I was cleaning out my old closet my husband saw them all for the first time he went nuts…”you only have two feet! Why do you need 60 pairs of heels? and more importantly, Why don’t you ever wear them?” Pretty bad!

I also married my 3rd boyfriend. A physic actually told me I would do just that when I visited my first her for the first and only time at 19. I also never had a BF in high school.

Hope you had an awesome weekend!

Tori @ eat-tori     at 11:55 am

You make me laugh- quite a bit. I cracked at my 29th birthday 6 weeks ago and bought my first wrinkle cream. For me, it’s the forehead. I blame it on having an expressive face…:)

Jennie @ Designed to be Fit     at 1:32 pm

I don’t see wrinkles, just lots of smiles in the past! I have wrinkles around my eyes already and this is what I tell myself to feel better! lol

Gabrielle Reply:

“…lots of smiles in the past!” I love this. :)

Marta     at 5:28 pm

hiya Emily. from my experience creams are BS. embrace your beauty! wrinkles and all :) eyebrows are another story, they frame your face!! I learned an invaluable trick from a makeup artist. Besides moderate grooming, use an eyebrow correcter (I found one from Clinique, lasts forever) to fill them in a little bit. Takes no more than a few seconds a day and has such an impact. You won`t recognize yourself in pictures!

Marika     at 5:22 am

You look great! I know what you mean, though– it’s so scary and unfamiliar to look in the mirror and see lines where there weren’t any before. I’ve been using eye cream since I was 25 since I heard somewhere that that’s the magical age when you “should” start using it. Who knows if it’s actually made any difference! :-P

Sara P     at 11:23 am

I think you look gorgeous! Forget about the wrinkle cream. I think a woman who can age gracefully is more beautiful than someone who has had tons of work done! :)

Also…my doggies are the same (they are brothers) but they love to snuggle ALL the time!

Christina     at 5:58 pm

Clinique All About Eyes! I’m not usually one to splurge on skin products but this totally gets rid or wrinkles and puffiness and a small pot lasts 4 months.

Gabrielle     at 6:23 pm

Awww, are your doggies cold? They like being together, that’s very sweet!!

Your eyebrows are fine!

Your wrinkles are fine!

Love yourself!! You’re beautiful!!!

Brooke     at 10:19 am

Ive been using anti aging eye cream and night cream since I was 25. I am now 30 and no wrinkles not even around the eyes like you have. You may of not started early and you are seeing the effects now. No better time than now! Foremost clean up your diet eat foods rich in antioxidants drink plenty of water take a vitamin and omega 3 fish oil every day. Sleep get plenty of rest and use a silk pillow case to prevent wrinkles. It’s time to set up a 30s skin care regimen. I would suggest using products that do not cause breakouts and are oil free but add in a anti aging night cream and eye cream. Try Aubrey Organics for a 3 step skin care system of cleanser, toner, and moisturizer with spf. And use there Aubrey Organics Lumessence Lift Firming Renewal Cream and eyecream. This will help clean up your skin care going natural will also improve your skin! Best Luck.

Brooke     at 10:23 am

Oh sorry you can go here to get a 3 step cleaning system and the anti aging products I recommended to you! http://aubreyorganics.com/ they have been featured in many magazines and were recommended to me for a good regimen and anti aging routine by a dermatologist.

eye cream with caffeine walgreens     at 1:53 pm

I’ve read a few good stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting.
I wonder how so much effort you place to make the sort of great informative
site.