For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Midwestern Adventures.

Good morning friends!  I am still making my way through the Midwest visiting family and friends.  It has been such a wonderful trip so far!  I spent Friday hanging out with my great friend Lindsey, who took the day off of work just so that we could spend the day together.

We spent the morning shopping at all my old favorite spots, and then took a mid-day break to go to my number one Cincinnati restaurant – Melt.

I went with the 3-bean vegan chili which had the perfect amount of spice.

And I couldn’t resist trying the vegan mac n cheese.  It was not at all what I was expecting, but still really tasty.

After lunch I decided that I liked Lindsey’s coat so much that I needed one for myself (from Target!)

And then I spent a little quality time with my mom getting manicures and pedicures.  Such a nice way to relax!

Friday night concluded with a lot of pizza and a game of Scattergories.

We were up early on Saturday to make our way up to Indianapolis to see Casey’s family!

After nine hours in the car on Thursday, less than two felt like nothing.

Also in Indianapolis – my little sister Sarah!  We picked her up at her sorority house (she’s a Delta Gamma like me!) and brought her back to Casey’s parents house to hang with us for the weekend.

And now we are all hanging out at Tina and Eddie’s house catching up and celebrating lots of birthdays.

Three candles for three birthday girls – Tina, Sarah, and I are all February birthdays.

Delicious cupcake and coconut milk ice cream to complete the weekend.

Off to brunch!  Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend too.  I promise I will cook lots of delicious recipes for you as soon as I get home.  Until then…

Kimberly @ Healthy Strides     at 11:36 am

OMG, I love, love, love Dewey’s pizza. Very jealous!

Maryann     at 12:13 pm

Had a great weekend too. My son and GF who’ve known eachother 7 years this year have gotten engaged. Date is 09/??/12 but just glad it happened finally.
You look great and your Mom sure must be glad to see you. Have fun at Casey’s and relax. Raining here and warm but 40’s tomorrow.
Have a safe trip home!
Lancaster Pa Gal

Emmelie     at 12:21 pm

What a fun trip! I haven’t been reading long, but I didn’t know you were a DG. How fun to share that with your sister! I’m a DG, too :) Have a great rest of your trip!

natalie (the sweets life)     at 2:08 pm

So glad you had a good birthday weekend! And with Dewey’s no less…LOVE their pizza! :)

Tim     at 2:16 pm

Is Dewey’s a vegan pizza place? I looks good.

Beth @ DiningAndDishing     at 3:19 pm

Fun seeing all the Ohio things from your travels :). Safe trip back to DC Emily!

sue mills     at 3:25 pm

Is that the DG house at IU?

Laratada     at 4:03 pm

Looks like a sweet birthday celebration! If you like cupcakes made fresh from scratch, you HAVE to check out Lavender Moon Cupcakes on Royal Street in Old Town, Alexandria. For pure pastry and baked goods indulgence, you have to try Vegan Treats. They’re based out of PA, but distribute to Toscana Grill, Java Green, Busboys& Poets and Bread & Brew in the DC area. Absolutely decadent and surpasses traditional, non-vegan sweets. Peanut butter bomb – ’nuff said. http://www.vegantreats.com/

Amanda     at 5:17 pm

This sounds like a lovely trip so far! :)

Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well     at 7:54 pm

Love seeing all the comments from Delta Gammas here. :) ITB!

Your pictures look like so much fun! Have fun on your travels and hurry back so I can run into you again in Old Town.

Alaina     at 9:42 pm

I love road trips! Can’t wait for when my husband gets home and we can take our cross country trip! :-)

Stephanie     at 10:18 am

Midwest is the best. :)

Can’t wait for the kombucha tutorial!

Lauren     at 11:56 am

i love that you and your sister are both dg’s, its so fun to share that. you should totally be featured in the anchora!

running shoes