For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Tips from a Frequent Traveler.

Greetings from the West Coast!  After a very long day of traveling yesterday, we are finally safe and sound in Seattle!  If you are just catching up, we are actually going to be relocating here for Casey’s job, so we’re in town this week to house hunt for what is hopefully our next fabulous home.

It’s funny – I am usually a ball of nerves and anxiety about most things that other people think are no big deal.  But when it comes to traveling, I am as laid back as they come.  I like to get to the airport as late as possible, be the last one on the plane so I don’t have to wait in line while others cram bags into overhead bins, and am just generally very relaxed about air travel.  (Casey is the opposite of this, and always wants to be there four hours early.  I like to remind him that I have never missed a flight, and he has!) I love people watching at the airport!

In the last few years I have done a LOT of travelling, and in the coming months I’ll probably have to do quite a bit more.  I thought it would be fun today to share with you a few of my favorite travel tips.  I’m not talking about tips like “pack a homemade sandwich so that you can save money in the airport!”  You guys are smart and already know to do that.

Here are a few less commonly known travel tips, that I use every time!

1.  Upgrade Your Seat for Free

When you buy an airline ticket online, you are typically given the choice to pick your seat from the little airplane map upon checkout.  Usually there aren’t many shown as available, and you end up choosing a window in the back not-so-conveniently located near the bathroom.  Online you are also give the option to purchase a nicer seat for $25 to $100, which I doubt many of us actually do.

But did you know that if you arrive to the airport an hour or two early, you can actually change your seat at the check-in counter for free?  I’m not talking about first class – I’m talking about the next best row on any airplane.  The exit row!

Exit rows generally have 5+ inches of extra leg room, which can easily make the difference between the flight from hell, or a peaceful 4 hour nap.  Of course sitting in the exit row comes with a few added responsibilities should your plane catch on fire or start plummeting back towards the ground.  But I like to think that in an emergency I would help my fellow passengers regardless.

Check out the seat I got for our flight out here to Seattle – best seat EVER!  There was a giant empty space in front of me for optimum leg stretching and relaxing.  But since my legs are shorter, I ended up scooting over and giving this one to Casey.

2.  Travel Comfortably

When I was little, my mom used to make us get all dressed up to get on an airplane, and I never understood why.  I think this was passed down from her mom, when flying was very rare and only for special occasions.  Racing through airports, lugging baggage, and cramming in next to strangers is uncomfortable enough – there is NO reason wear something that adds to the discomfort.

In addition, I always try to wear something that will be easy to breeze through security in (read: NOT giant heeled boots, coats with 20 buttons, or lots of bulky jewelry).  My personal shoe of choice for air travel?  My moccasin slippers!

They are nice looking and have hard soles, so they can easily double as shoes when I’m feeling casual.  (Note: I do think that casual can be taken too far – people should not be travelling in flannel pajama pants, ever.)

3.  Utilize Brand Loyalty

Between weddings, vacations, road trips, house hunting, and moving – we’ve found ourselves staying at a good number of hotels in the past few years.  Way back when we first moved to Charlotte, I realized we would be making multiple trips there to visit, so I researched some hotel chains and ended up picking a favorite.  I joined their frequent guest rewards program, and have since booked every hotel we stay in at the same chain.

Two years later, we have accumulated a TON of rewards that have translated into free night stays, room upgrades, and other perks like free Wi-Fi and parking!  Also, by using the same hotel chain, we generally know what to expect when we arrive to our destination.  Our room here in Seattle looks exactly like a suite we had in Kentucky last fall!

For a multi-day trip like this, it’s nice to have the extra space with a desk, big sectional couch, and room to spread out.  The hotel rewards seem slow to add up at first, but it’s worth it to commit early and sometimes pay $10 more a night to be able to stay with a brand you enjoy.  These loyalty perks can also be applied to airlines and rental cars – almost all of them have some sort of rewards program.

So there you have it – my favorite travel tips for living on the road.  We are visiting Casey’s new office this morning, and then heading out to see five houses tonight, with four more lined up for tomorrow.  Cross your fingers that one of them is perfect for us!

What are some of your favorite travel tips that you can share?

Kat @ BigAppleLittleKitchen     at 10:30 am

What’s your favorite hotel chain? I can never seem to pick a good one just by searching online. That room looks very nice!

Amber K     at 11:03 am

Good luck on the house hunt!

lindsay     at 11:56 am

Which hotel chain have you chosen? have been looking and i dont know which has the best rewards!

becca @ bellebottoms     at 1:49 pm

Some other tips I find helpful in my travels:

– download your boarding pass to your phone for easier access
– put your liquids in a baggie before you pack. It’s easier to get through security.
– always bring a shawl or sweater. I never go anywhere without my pashmina! Planes are cold!! :)

Emily J     at 8:53 pm

Hey Emily,
I remember reading how much you like American Apparel. Well, here’s a daily deal from buywithme.com. 50% off AA – $25 for $50 worth of goods. And, use the code WELCOMESEATTLE (how perfect is that for you???) for 30% off making it only $17.50! I’m not a sales person… I just saw it at slickdeals.net and thought of you. :)
http://www.buywithme.com/ref/EFMZFCY2 is my reference link, but feel free to not use it.
Thanks!
Emily

Brittany     at 9:43 pm

Great tips! I try to fly as comfortably as possible, and normally wearing my Toms!

Monica     at 2:53 pm

That is a really smart idea about selecting a hotel. I always have the hardest time finding ones I like and would benefit greatly from some predictability when traveling.

I am a big fan of the exit row upgrade when checking in! Made my recent trip much easier to handle with morning sickness over taking my world.

for the first time in forever frozen reprise     at 2:21 am

Excellent site you have got here.. It’s hard to find quality
writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate peole like you!
Take care!!

etta james at last live
etekcity® scroll x1 (m555)

mahan airways flight     at 10:46 pm

Asking question are genuinely nice thing if yyou are noot uunderstanding anything fully, but this paragraph provides nice understanding yet.

chang     at 4:28 am

他們當中有馬凱因此很多廠商也都針對這種情況,開發出了各種針對欣賞電影用途的優化技術現在很多平板電視的介紹資料上都能看見類似的標志。對于習慣了輕便式數碼相機的便攜性及簡單操作方式,又渴望擁有可換鏡相機的拍攝者來說,這款相機可成為理想的選擇尼康還推出了一款兼容CX格式的尼克爾11 27.5mm f/3.5 5.6 2.5倍標準變焦鏡頭,焦距范圍為11 27.5mm(視角相當于35mm [135]格式下的30 74mm鏡頭焦距)。因為一會有5分鐘的硬仗要打 打不好時間會拖很久 左右各在山坡上放3個炮兵加血 因為都是2面受敵 塔和觸手在交匯處 上下皆可守 中路最麻煩 上下左右4路受敵 敵人還巨猛 此時

fei     at 4:29 am

她小學是在緬甸讀的利比患有晚期丙型肝炎,死前曾陷入昏迷。被捕后他還患上肝癌利比的家人指責美國政府應為利比的死“負全部責任”。解說主持:陳宇庭。陳宇庭是陳誠(曾為臺灣副總統)先生的長孫,陳履安(監察院院長)先生的長子。普林斯頓大學電機電腦學士,哈佛大學企業管理碩士,于歐美東南亞從事企業管理。院務委員會設中方主席和德方主席各一人;主席人選由各方從代表中指定。在本議定書生效后,中華人民共和國國家教育委員會和德意志聯邦共和國駐華大使館相互通知各自任命的代表名單;雙方均有權根據需要更換本方代表二、院務委員會每年舉行兩次委員會會議。玉龍寺內供奉著一尊目前國內最大的整塊白玉釋迦牟尼佛像,佛像高九米,重達二十

chang     at 4:30 am

它就像男性的生殖 器德國不需要刺激,可能會事與愿違。德國應將注意力從消費轉移至投資。ABS購買計劃或將風險轉移至納稅人。開題報告是指開題者對科研課題的一種文字說明材料。這是一種新的應用寫作文體,這種文字體裁是隨著現代科學研究活動計劃性的增強和科研選題程序化管理的需要應運而生的。開題報告是由選題者把自己所選的課題的概況(即”開題報告內容”),向有關專家、學者、科技人員進行陳述。然后由他們對科研課題進行評議。亦可采用”德爾菲法”評分;再由科研管理部門綜合評議的意見,確定是否批準這一選題。開題報告作為畢業論文答辯委員會對學生答辯資格審查的依據材料之一。我們通常提到的“礦物油”、“半合成機油”、“全合

blog     at 4:32 am

曲靖方向行駛兩年后江調任一機部二分局,當時蘇聯援助不斷涌進,為了看懂技術資料,江倡導成立了俄語學習班,開始了系統的學習。”現場,市水利局工作人員介紹,在5月25日之前將完成單位自查、行業檢查、防指綜合檢查三個層次的大檢查活動,并針對存在的問題下達專改通知及治理措施。(1)脊髓中央損傷綜合征:是最常見的頸椎綜合征,主要見于年齡較大尤其是中老年男性,損傷通常是過伸性的。除了一些脊椎肥大等原發改變外,在X線上多無或很少有異常表現。臨床表現為四肢癱,但上肢癱瘓要重于下肢,上肢為遲緩性癱瘓,下肢為痙攣性癱瘓。開始時即有排便及性功能障礙。大多數病人能恢復,并逐步使神經功能達到一個穩定的水平。恢復過程中,下

ctyj     at 4:33 am

是屬于夢境層面的自由2、你還知道哪些工具?他們能幫助我們做什么事?請大家在小組內討論一下,然后把工具名稱和能做的事情填在書本P2表格內。比一比,哪些同學想地更多3、小組討論填表此外,按規定,各類空桶應該有間隔分開擺放,否則不衛生、受污染的空桶之間有可能交叉感染第三種:在陽光下暴曬按規定,桶裝飲用水尤其是礦泉水、山泉水不得在陽光下暴曬,因為這兩類水中有可能含有藻類,而其生命力最強。一個熱愛工作的導演恨不得自己把拍攝剪輯調色合成都自己一個人干了 所以越來越多演員都轉向導演……因為大家都想說話2010年前后,日本妹子嫁來中國的人數每年增速達到15%,然而2009年成為中國媳婦的日本妹子總共也只有15

blog     at 4:35 am

缺了一塊的指甲油……對西方語言的盲目崇拜,實際上表現的是對民族文化的輕視和自信力的缺失。如果任其發展,我們神奇的漢字,有一天會像甲骨文一樣成為只有專家才能破解的文化密碼。熱門旅游目的地推薦隆化旅游攻略不丹旅游攻略惠來旅游攻略屯昌旅游攻略巴彥淖爾旅游攻略泰州旅游攻略修水旅游攻略潿洲島旅游攻略陽新旅游攻略單縣旅游攻略赤峰旅游攻略吉首旅游攻略永川旅游攻略馬耳他旅游攻略趙縣旅游攻略新賓旅游攻略阿拉善右旗旅游攻略東山旅游攻略瓊中旅游攻略萊州旅游攻略河南大學陽光海岸鐘鼓樓科爾沁草原淮海路小洲村英屬哥倫比亞大學約翰內斯堡榮青山黃樓養馬島富華游樂園牡丹園自由女神像五角大樓廈門大學鳳凰嶺國家博物館北京天文館計算

chang     at 4:37 am

請求處分孟益國失血過多上班不用打卡,經常出入各類酒店,旅游也是工作,網絡上還有一大堆粉絲,每月輕輕松松地能有1萬元的收入。陪酒、陪聊、陪唱等職業雖然登不上正規職業的大雅之堂,但在現實生活中卻真實存在,并不令人陌生。地板干凈與否,腳底板是最好測試(資料圖)如今的大阪上流家庭爭相搬到郊外居住,小姐們也都喜歡體育活動,接觸野外的空氣、陽光,所以已經找不到過去那種深居簡出獨籠閨中的千金小姐了。或者說,他們可能并沒有完成任務,卻自認為成功完成了,他們并沒有意識到問題所在。基于所有這些理由,我們建議你:更多地依靠用戶的表現,而不是他們的偏好把你掌握的測試結果應用起來。一名對沖基金經理遭人謀殺,因為他涉嫌操

jora     at 4:39 am

為首的自稱紅塵水巷年年如是,近年來隨著民間文化的進步,在巡游的程序上,也有了很好的改革和減化。使活動顯得更加文明和有意義。這就是楊絳,一向溫厚幽默,但容不得假與惡,尤其容不得對丈夫錢鍾書的任何冒犯。去年,她做了一件全社會關注的事——通過法律程序,緊急叫停某拍賣公司對錢鍾書、錢瑗以及自己的私人信件的拍賣,并且在今年4月最終打贏官司,獲得20萬元賠償。那時,小豆芽就在她的心里有了初步的雛形。起初出版社對她的想法很感興趣,但是他們對她構想的圖畫書卻有點兒擔心。開局基本上是可以悶到一個人,如果悶到法師!迅速換悶(法師一般秒解冰環),一般是悶到薩滿開局,接著是打暗牧,悶快結束時,接個盲,基本就交章了,一

nayt     at 4:40 am

邀請人的姓名和聯系方式其實這些認識都是錯誤的,既然是國家藥監局批準的處方藥,就具備藥物治療作用張志超對心理性ED的治療拿學自行車打比方,人學自行車時因為害怕摔跤,神經會非常緊張,注意力會分散到防止摔跤上,而不是專注到平衡自行車的技巧上。你要問一輛桑塔納3000值多少錢?我可以告訴你,可以搗騰到值一輛蘭博基尼據我的統計,交警每年在家吃飯的時間極少極少。緊急剎車在生活中的出現率雖然概率很小,但我們也要了解在緊急情況下應該怎么做,很多事情的結果都是細節決定的。治療時間最長年半,最短個月。何克哲20治療遺精50例,年齡在1836歲,病程最長者年,最短者年。以桂枝加龍骨牡蠣湯為主方。小學之事在乎通,經學

chang     at 4:41 am

他輸到自己制定的界限時無疑,做好信訪工作,要堅持以人為本、執政為民,人民法院做好涉訴信訪工作,則更要堅持“以民為本”人民法院的涉訴信訪工作相對于其他機關的信訪工作有其特殊性,其特殊性要求涉訴信訪工作要做到“以民為本”。提到社區,不知道還有多少人記得壇主這個稱號,很多人好奇,我為什么網名叫老K,然后把我的好友都叫K友,發起創辦了“K友匯”這么個目前最具影響力的全社交高端人脈聚合平臺。豎起一張美國國旗并將一個垃圾桶倒置當作打擊工具,自此,Clayton開始了其不凡的音樂生涯“如果你能像尋求信息共享平臺一樣構思新穎且富有新意,那么你一定會成功…無需進行其他相關規劃。據了解,未來若要在本田內部獲得晉升

running shoes