Week 12: My Pregnancy Journey

This week felt like such a big milestone to me!  Everything I have read has told me that by week 12, most of the risks of first trimester problems have passed.  This is the recommended point when many expectant moms now tell all their friends and family that they are pregnant.  Honestly, while I totally respect others decisions to wait, I cannot even imagine if I had waited this long – I had a hard enough time waiting until week eight to tell YOU guys!

How Big is the Baby?

The baby seems tired after last week’s growth spurt, and didn’t get too much bigger this week.  In fact one of my sources said he/she is still a lime this week!  But since it is no fun to repeat, we’ll go with the other source this week – a large plum!

How I’m Changing

It’s funny how different I feel from day to day.  Some days I look in the mirror and think my boobs and stomach look HUGE, and then the next day I think I look completely normal.  I think a lot of this might have to do with water retention?  Last week my clothes felt tight and my stomach felt bigger, and yet this week I feel pretty normal.

Unfortunately, I am down one more pound from my pre-pregnancy weight, bringing my total weight change to –5 so far.  Please note, I am keeping track of my weight because I think it is fascinating (and important to be well-informed), not for any sort of weight monitoring or any such thing.  I have no doubt that all this lost weight will be gained back as soon as my appetite returns!

How I’m Feeling

Last week I told you guys I was feeling awesome and had turned a corner!  The pregnancy gods thought that was funny, and decided to give me a harsh reminder of how little control I have over my body right now.  I got slammed with sickness during our visit to Seattle, and the throwing up has continued this afternoon.

The biggest change I have noticed this week is that I have ZERO energy or motivation to do much of anything.  I think this is largely in part to taking in (and keeping down) so few calories each day.  Food = energy, and without food, I don’t seem to have much.  I am pretty sure I could sleep 22 hours a day if I would allow myself to do it.

I have also noticed recently that I have NO stamina, and find myself having to sit down and gasp for breath after climbing to the third floor of my house!  It’s hard to believe that I have run 5 marathons, and now suddenly carrying a big laundry basket feels like an athletic endeavor.

I find all these body changes fascinating (albeit a bit frustrating at times too).  For so long I worked so hard to control my appearance through running, weight lifting, food choices, etc.  And while I certainly plan to get back to my best shape after the baby comes, for now it is sort of fun to sit back and let nature do its thing.

What I’m Eating

Not much.  This week I’m back to saltines, Ginger-O’s, and tomato soup.  Lots and lots of tomato soup.  I keep craving orange juice, but every time I drink it I feel sick.  And after an unfortunate sickness episode earlier today, I think bagels are now officially on the “not eating” list.  At least I still have pizza!  :)

Next week I have my second pre-natal appointment – I can’t wait!  And in case you missed any of the previous pregnancy posts, here you go…

Weekly Updates:

Pregnancy Posts:

Now I am off to enjoy some time with our lovely visitor for the evening!  Love that we are both wearing food shirts.  :)

Mama Pea     at 4:45 pm

I love your shirt. Lulu has a very similar one. How did we miss the stage when your baby was a PEA?

Have fun with Kath!!! :)

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin     at 4:45 pm

I loooove these posts! It’s crazy to me that you’ve lost 5 lbs since getting pregnant. I imagine I will be ravenous when I do get pregnant and eat really weird things that I try to suppress now for social reasons.. =)

becca @ bellebottoms     at 4:45 pm

LOVE your hair! It looks so good!

And congrats on the large plum this week…it’s so great to follow along on this awesome journey!

miranda @ working mom works out     at 4:45 pm

I wish you felt as good as you looked. I love your updates and remember being there myself. It’ll get easier.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 4:46 pm

Awe, the little peanut is just working so hard…taking all of your energy! Take it easy and enjoy every second of it (I know you are). Have fun with Kath today!

Anne     at 4:46 pm

Love it ! And you look good btw !

Rianne     at 4:46 pm

Much love to the plum! I definitely am starting to see a baby bump :-) Have a great visit with Kath! Poor bagels…I hope the nausea goes away for good soon.

Freya     at 4:47 pm

You do have that glow about you! And I really can’t wait for you to be holding up a giant melon or something soon :P

Namaste Gurl     at 4:48 pm

Hang in there sweet Emily- you’re doing what’s right. How awesome that you can listen to your body so well. It’ll get better, and I have no doubts that your love for PB will return shortly :)

Party it up with Kath! :)

KD     at 4:48 pm

Look at that bump!! You are just adorable. These posts are so much fun.. it’s so interesting to see and hear how things are changing for you! Love how the plum matches your shirt.. so cute!!

Jayna @ Healthy Living Bites     at 4:48 pm

I’m so sorry nausea returned with a vengeance!!!! Just when you think you have a kid figured out they go and change things up on you!

OMG- you are totally showing! It’s still in the “if I didn’t know she was pregnant/didn’t know what she looked like before I wouldn’t really notice” phase, but looking back over your past weeks you can definitely see Baby Malone growing!

You are not only tired from lack of sleep you are also tired from your body working over time. . . after all, you are growing another person these days!

Jayna @ Healthy Living Bites Reply:

Not lack of sleep- lack of calories! Ugh, see what happens when you have kids that keep you up late then wake you up early!

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food     at 4:53 pm

thanks so much for sharing! I hope that the nausea improves soon, it usually does after the first trimester. Best wishes! :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine     at 4:56 pm

Yayyy I love these posts! Sorry to hear that nausea is still sticking around- hopefully it’ll be gone after week twelve? It is the end of your first trimester, after all! So exciting! You look great!

Kelly     at 4:56 pm

Ugh I am sorry that you are feeling sick again, but you do look great at least! I weighed myself a few weeks ago (I’m 10 weeks now) and had lost 7 lbs! I couldn’t believe it.. it’s so weird that my boobs and tummy are so much bigger but my butt, legs and arms have shrunk. It’s like the reverse of my normal self :) Can’t wait to hear about your appointment next week!!

Lindsey     at 4:56 pm

Hi, Emily! I’m sorry you’re still feeling sick. Hopefully that will pass soon :) I was wondering what you plan to eat if at any time your body/your baby/pregnant you craves meat. I’m sure you won’t eat meat, but I was wondering what you might eat to fulfill that craving. I love seeing your growing baby so much each week and I get so excited for your updates so I can see what fruit or vegetable your baby will be that week.

Jalil Lindsey-Lowe     at 4:56 pm

Don’t worry, all of your energy and appetite will return shortly and then the process starts all over in trimester 3. Lol!

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 5:01 pm

Cute shirt! I think I might have a raisin shirt, lol.

Feel better soon!

Stephanie @ LiveCookLove     at 5:04 pm

You look so cute!!!! I see a teeny tiny little bitty bump and I can’t wait to watch it grow!!!!

Amanda     at 5:05 pm

For as bad as you’ve been feeling, you look great! My sister is just a few weeks ahead of you and she had terrible nausea during her entire first trimester, but she’s been loads better since then. Hopefully nausea-free days are just around the corner for you!

Krissy (Make It Naked)     at 5:06 pm

I think it would be so cool to make a book of all your pregnancy posts to have forever. My friend used http://www.blurb.com/ to print all her posts about her son’s 1st year and it came out SO awesome. Thought I’d pass along the idea. Have a great night with Kath!

Katie KS     at 5:06 pm

You’re doing your best, which is great! Don’t worry too much about the weight loss, but your doctors may want to put you on Zofran at your next appointment. I’m in the process of weaning myself off it right now … and I’m up 4 lbs this pregnancy vs down 7 at the same point last time!!

Also, don’t take this the wrong way but I want to put this in the back of your mind. You’ve mentioned several times that you will get back to everything after the baby arrives. Of course that’s an excellent plan, but don’t be too hard on yourself if that plan doesn’t work exactly as you hoped either. Nursing definitely helped me take the weight off even though I ate a ton. But exercise is tough when you have a little one, especially if the baby is not a great sleeper (and/or you go back to FT work). I just had all these expectations for myself – I would get right back into running etc, but my nursing boobs just refused to let that happen! And no one ever told me that was a possibility so I was just disappointed and (if it affects you) don’t want you to feel that way too!! (I am proud of myself for getting back to Pilates (once a week) at 6 weeks post-partum, great way to get the belly back – and bouncing free!!)

While I hate to be “negative” it was just so hard for me pregnant and post-partum because I felt like no one ever told me that there was the possibility of things (nausea, constant vomiting, huge boobs that wouldn’t run and other various nursing troubles) happening. Like you said before, people just don’t talk about a lot of this stuff.

Hope your appetite returns, and as I’ve said to others before – you’ll be able to eat all these foods again sometime! If I cut out everything I threw up during my first pregnancy, I would be subsisting on air :)

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 5:12 pm

Eeee! Plum baby! You are gonna be so adorable when that bump is full-grown!

Liz     at 5:21 pm

I feel like I can see a little baby bump coming in! I’ve loved reading about your pregnancy so far. I am definitely not planning on having a baby any time in the remotely near future, but something I’ve wondered in the back of my mind is how I will be able to remain vegetarian if and when I do get pregnant. Despite the sickness, you seem like you’re doing a great job with it :) Have fun with Kath!

Chelsea Raynes     at 5:21 pm

Even though you feel gross you sure are glowing! I hope this week is a big turn around for you and food starts staying down.

Melissa     at 5:26 pm

you guys always have to coolest shirts!!!!

Kate (What Kate is Cooking)     at 5:27 pm

I am loving this series!

Sana     at 5:27 pm

I am seriously lovinggg these posts ;) Have a blast with kath!

hippierunner     at 5:28 pm

You are gorgeous! I hope you and your little plum can get some food in soon!

Nicole     at 5:29 pm

love your t-shirt and all of these baby posts! I hope your sickness goes away very quickly, you deserve a break.

Kristy@RunTheLongRoad     at 5:29 pm

I love these updates! Keep them coming!

Natalia - a side of simple     at 5:31 pm

That is officially one of the cutest/best shirts ever. It’s adorable!

Have a great time with Kath! It’s so nice that the two of you have time to visit before your big move!

Heather     at 5:31 pm

I want that t-shirt Emily. Hi Kath. :)

Runeatrepeat     at 5:32 pm

Love the pregnancy updates! You look great :) Hope the nausea goes away soon.

Sara @ Baking and Wine     at 5:37 pm

My husband was reading over my shoulder and his comment is:

“It’s peanut buttah jelly time, peanut buttah jelly time! Peanut buttah jelly and a baseball bat!”

Thought you might enjoy that. Ha.

I hope you get your energy back soon!

Ally     at 5:39 pm

It’s so funny, even though you’ve lost 5 pounds you are DEFINITELY showing!!! I think Heather from heathereatsalmondbutter.com talked about losing up to 10 pounds in her first trimester because she couldn’t keep any food down and a lot of her favorite foods made her nauseous even to think about, so I’m sure it’s a common occurence. I hope you’re able to eat normally again soon, because the FOOD is probably the best part of being pregnant! (Well…after the wonderful feeling of carrying a living, breathing, functioning human inside of you!)

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen     at 5:39 pm

I love reading these! It reminds me of when I was pregnant :)

sallymae     at 5:43 pm

Okay, it is killing me not to tell people. I am 7 weeks pregnant!!!!! And I am so excited, but my husband really wants to wait to tell our family for a few more weeks. I can’t stand it! Anyways, I know you won’t spill the beans;) And, you look great – nature is a miracle and I think our bodies will do just what they are supposed to do….besides that whole nausea thing:( Have fun with Kath!

Shannon @ My Place In The Race     at 5:45 pm

Oh…go little plum baby! It’s so neat seeing what size the baby is from week to week :) Hope you start feeling better soon. Love the t-shirt! Kath’s is too cute too! :)

Kristen     at 5:49 pm

Again, I love these posts so much! I am 13 weeks now, so it’s interesting to hear how your weeks compared to mine. I did start feeling better around week 10, only to feel extremely nauseous again last night, so it mine be something that comes and goes for awhile. (A girl I work with is 16 weeks and is dealing with nausea every couple weeks or so.) And, BTW, I felt like my body hadn’t changed very much until this past weekend when all of a sudden my belly popped out! So, you’ll get to look forward to that soon! (Also, if you haven’t yet, go buy some BeBands at Target – you can still wear your regular pants for awhile and this will help keep them unbuttoned and looking cute!)

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life     at 5:49 pm

You are adorable. Thanks for sharing!

Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan)     at 5:59 pm

Have fun with Kath!

Wow, it’s amazing all of the changes! No one ever told me that pregnancy was such a bumpy ride! Maybe bumpy in the beginning but not here and there like you are having it!

I hope you feel better, and I can’t wait (for you!!) until you eat food again! Thanks for keeping us informed of your baby journey :) That’s very kind of you to include us :)

Maria     at 6:03 pm

You look great! And I love your t-shirt :-)

Abby     at 6:09 pm

You look great! Hope you have a great time with Kath!

Gina     at 6:19 pm

Pizza is the miracle food…whenever I’m sick to my stomach I can always seem to put back a couple slices;) Have a fun evening with Kath!

Ginna     at 6:23 pm

So glad ur past the danger point! I would be too scared to tell anyone but family before the 12 week mark, Too many friends have done so and then gone on to have miscarriages. Hope you feel better soon and get some of yur appetite and energy back!

Curious I your exercising and what your doing. Would love some pregnancy and exercise posts!

Sam S     at 6:27 pm

Your shirts combine to make one hell of a sandwich: PB&JK? Yumm

StefanieK     at 6:36 pm

The fatigue and lack of stamina is so real. I was out running 9 miles easily when 5 weeks pregnant, and a few weeks later it was downright difficult to climb the stairs without needing to sit for a break. Picking up the house would leave me absolutely needing a nap. I thought at week 12 – the marking of the second trimest! – I’d be back to myself…it was a rough and tough 4 more weeks, but by week 16 I felt remarkably like myself again. It’ll get easier, hang in there!

jen     at 6:54 pm

i lost 10 lbs my first trimester due to morning sickness. i gained it back and ended up with a 20lbs gain which was good since i had my son six weeks early. when it came back it came back! stairs killed me during my pregnancy. i did spin classes, weights and elliptical through out my pregnancy (not so much during the 1st tri due to the fatigue). 5 mins on a stair climber would leave me gasping and thinking i was going to kill me or the baby. in my first trimester i walked to get groceries a couple of times, just a few blocks, and would need to take a taxi home i was so tired. your energy will come back. i promise. i just can’t promise when.

Lucy @ The Sweet Touch     at 7:26 pm

Congrats to you and your plum!

Shayla     at 7:27 pm

I know you’re not feeling so well right now but you look absolutely glowing and I definitely see a little baby bump sprouting!! So cute :)

Everything you described in this post (except for the nauseous!) are some of the things I’m exactly looking forward to in pregnancy. For so long I’ve controlled my body with eating healthy and enjoying spin classes and running…that when pregnant I’m actually looking forward to letting nature run it’s course and eating what I’ll be craving and taking work out breaks and relaxing if my body is yearning for it. I’m really looking forward to not only caring for my body (which I’ve done for so long) but for also another being inside my body.

Absolutely still loving these posts and I can’t wait for next weeks! :)

Cindy     at 7:35 pm

I love your shirt!

Lyn @ Life Lyn Style     at 7:38 pm

Where did you get that shirt? I love it.

Jen G.     at 7:51 pm

I love the pregnancy updates! It’s so weird how all people experience pregnancy so differently. My younger sister has a two-year-old, and when she was pregnant, you could hardly tell. At 7 months, she just looked like she had a little too much pasta and only started to show right before giving birth. She’s small to begin with (the lucky metabolism in the family), and I’m still not sure exactly where the baby was!

On a side note, have you tried low acid orange juice? I have acid reflux, and regular orange juice makes me nauseated. Pregnancy can cause acid reflux, so the low acid stuff may let you indulge your cravings without getting sick.

Jess     at 8:11 pm

I spy a little baby bump! Too cute!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)     at 8:18 pm

Have an awesome time with Kath as I know you will.

You look awesome!

I lost about 8-10 lbs before I put on any. I was puking the entire pregancy, up to about 30 weeks, but the 10x a day sickness slowed down after about 22-24 weeks which is when I put weight on.

I delivered an almost 7 pound baby so even tho my weight was down in the beginning, it all worked out. And she’s 4 yrs old now and 99 percentile for height.

Sorry to ramble, just trying to reassure you, not that you need me to do that! :)

Jen     at 8:59 pm

I know you don’t feel like it, but you are a gorgeous pregnant lady :) Feel better!

Mandy     at 9:03 pm

Hey, Congrats Emily! I’ve been out of the loop for awhile and I just read you were preggers! I’m so excited for you! I’m scared to death to get pregnant so now I can read about yours and get myself informed!!

RhodeyGirl     at 9:11 pm

I see a teeny weeny bump maybe?!?! Woohoo!

Hope you feel better soon!

Jess@atasteofconfidence     at 9:12 pm

:) I love hearing how big the baby is now!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 9:23 pm

Yay for a visit from Kath!!! Have a great night with your buddy.

I love reading these pregnancy posts. I can’t wait to do my own someday!

María     at 9:27 pm

I’m on my 9th week and feel very much the same frustation. Used to run over 50k a week, now I’m having trouble walking 10 blocks without stopping.
It’s a bit frustating, yes, but hopefully a better part of pregnancy is coming!

Lu     at 9:42 pm

I wish you felt better. Sleep as much as you need, eat what you can and your energy will return. You’re making eyebrows after all…Well, you will soon enough.

Kristi @ KristiAteIt     at 9:46 pm

Hope you start feeling better. I love the idea that you’re taking pictures of the babys size in fruit. I must remember that :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 10:04 pm

You are looking lovely even if you aren’t feeling great. Good luck at your doctor’s appointment!

Nicole @ Vegan in the House     at 10:16 pm

So your weight is down, but I swear that I can see a baby bump! Too cute!

April @ Grits and Granola Bars     at 11:13 pm

I totally see a baby bump forming! Awwwwwww :)

Kristin     at 11:49 pm

love your cute little bump:)

Alaina     at 12:14 am

I am loving these updates. Sorry to hear your sickness hasn’t cleared up. :-( hopefully it won’t last for too much longer.

Kayla     at 12:51 am

I absolutely love both of your shirts! Too cute!

Jules     at 1:53 am

Thought this might interest you…from another blog I enjoy.

Julia     at 2:03 am

I love hearing about your pregnancy journey. I’m glad your doing these posts.
Hope the nausea goes away and stays away so you can get back to eating and enjoying.

Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East)     at 6:39 am

You and Kath’s shirts are so cute! LOVE!

Hope you start to feel better soon. The whole feeling better when the 1st trimester ended didnt happen for me either. I started to feel alot better at 15 weeks.

Sarah (Running To Slow Things Down)     at 6:47 am

I love hearing about your pregnancy journey! And you look absolutely radiant. :D

Hope you’re feeling better soon and that your appetite returns to normal! :D

Jen     at 7:40 am

12 weeks, yay!!! Hopefully the sickness lets up for you soon! I was never able to keep pregnancies a secret, even when I had a threatened miscarriage with my 2nd, I was glad everyone already knew I was pregnant because they were able to support us through the scared weeks.
Hope you had a nice visit with Kath, love both of the shirts!

Jessica     at 8:46 am

Where did you get your shirt???

Joyce @ Flowing to Fifty     at 8:47 am

You look a little weary. If you need to sleep, sleep. No guilt.

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 9:07 am

It looks like a little bump has started!

colleen     at 9:32 am

Hang in there. Your energy and appetite will pick up during the 2nd trimester.

Cindy Robinson     at 9:50 am

Emily, I’m really enjoying reading your posts. You have such a great attitude and outlook, it’s great! :)

Rachel Jacobs     at 10:25 am

You will be fine and how exciting to have Kath in town. Enjoy your visit!!!

Tina     at 11:03 am

I love the way you are documenting your pregnancy, with the fruit to show growth. It’s crazy to think that something as big as a plum even has room to grow inside someone, it’s amazing. :)

Hope you had a great time with Kath!

Ashley P. @ The Vegetable Life     at 11:03 am

I love these pregnancy posts, I am fascinated by the natural course of pregnancy and this is fascinating to watch along with you! Im so glad you and baby made it safely to week 12! Congrats on that milestone!

Katy (The Singing Runner)     at 11:29 am

These posts are so much fun! Every time I read them I get so excited for you! :)

LauraJayne     at 11:41 am

I love reading your updates! I hope you start feeling better – and maybe sleeping 22 hours would help!

Telling vs. not telling I think is one of those things that’s totally different for everyone. I am DEFINITELY waiting to tell next time. I didn’t wait and then I had to recall everyone when I miscarried. Unfortunately, the news didn’t travel as well as the pregnancy news so there were quite a few sad, awkward moments when I had to explain that no, I wasn’t pregnant anymore. :(

I’m so sorry that the nausea has come back! I hope you go back to feeling better soon :)

Nicole     at 12:13 pm

I’m sure I ‘ve said this already, but if not, I’m loving this pregnancy play-by-play. It’s very interesting to hear how your body is changing, symptom & weight-wise, and to see pictures of you. I think your weight loss is very noticable this week compared to pictures from the past few weeks. Which is so counter to what we all expect when someone is pregnant. Can’t remember if I told you, but a friend of mine lost like 15-20 pounds in her first trimester due to the same symptoms you’ve experienced (morning sickness & lack of appetite). I like that you are showing that pregnancy varies woman to woman, and what’s most important is listening to your unique bodily cues. PS: I can’t wait till you start having a baby bump!

Tricia B     at 12:25 pm

Gosh you look adorable. Absolutely adorable.

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 12:58 pm

Love, love the pregnancy updates! And as long as we’re being honest, my boobs have gotten SO much bigger, too! I actually kind of miss my smaller boobs that only required 1 sports bra. :)

I have my BIG ultrasound this Friday- when we get to measure all the parts of the baby and find out boy or girl! So excited! Good luck on your next appointment next week! :)

Bree     at 1:38 pm

Congrats on your pregnancy! (I clicked through from Kath’s blog). I can completely relate to everything you are going through, I am 16.5 weeks pregnant with my first. I ended up losing 4 pounds and at my last prenatal on Monday, I just gained my first pound back. I just started getting an appetite about 2 weeks ago. Things aren’t back to normal, but I can enjoy some food now! Hang in there, things will change soon!

Kat @ Big Apple Little Kitchen     at 1:38 pm

Looks like you’re doing great! Love your t-shirt!!

Chelsey     at 4:08 pm

Just wanted to say congrats! I’ve been reading your blog for about a year now, and have never commented..so I guess you can say I’m a newbie. Anywho, I love your posts and I can honestly say I’m so very happy for the two of you.
I think your going to be an awesome MOM!!
I’m looking forward to the week by week updates, keep’em coming!!

Rachel     at 6:31 pm

I used to read your blog daily and then I became pregnant myself. I have been too busy doing pregnancy research and baby blog reading that I haven’t stopped back to read in a long time. I decided to check it out again today only to find out you are pregnant too!! Congratulations! I am 17 weeks and totally understand your pregnancy anxiety and the tough road to pregnancy after “the pill.” I am excited to start reading you daily posts again.

It was hard to read my usual blogs about people running and hard core training when I felt like sleeping all the time and felt guilty about laying around and being lazy. I am now feeling like myself again so I don’t feel like a bum. :-)

Marissa     at 9:51 pm

I love your weekly updates with the fruit! So stinking cute! And I’m sorry you’re feeling sick again. It’s definitely not fun at all.

Monica     at 12:32 pm

Oh I my eye on week 12! I cannot wait to reach that milestone and hear that the second trimester brings such a turn in energy and an interest in food returns! :)

I love how much you are embracing all the changes your body is experiencing. It is still very much a work in progress for me.

Sam     at 1:16 am

I am 39 weeks pregnant today and just wanted to tell you that I had a similar experience earlier in pregnancy. Despite being very fit and strong and eating very healthfully prior to pregnancy, as soon as I got pg, I almost immediately found that I got fatigued when I did anything as little as carrying a laundry basket up the stairs. It is very strange because you know that the strength and endurance are there, but they’re not working for you. It is also frustrating when all you can stomach is soup and crackers or, for me, BLT’s, despite the fact that all you *wish* you wanted were healthy foods. Most fruits and all vegetables literally made me want to puke for about the first three months. I did the best I could with vegetable soup, V8, and vegetable pizza until I was able to stomach raw fruits & veggies and huge salads again.

Some of my strength and endurance did return during second trimester, which was lovely, but, overall, I have had to significantly reduce my workouts during this pregnancy simply because I don’t have the strength or energy.

It’s okay, though. :) Don’t stress it if you have to slow down a lot for most of your pregnancy. Your pregnancy will still benefit from the healthy lifestyle you had before pregnancy, and from what you are able to do during pg. I have gained about 26 lbs., which is exactly where I should be, and the weight has distributed very well. My biggest recommendation fitness-wise is to do what you can, don’t stress what you can’t, and continue to work out your arms. Having nice-looking arms during pregnancy will help you feel good about yourself later on when your boobs and stomach are ridiculously huge. :)

Plus, my pre-pg habits simply helped me to have a very healthy pregnancy in general. My little guy is measuring right on track and I have had minimal swelling and am still wearing my rings today, have had excellent blood pressure, no gestational diabetes, no pre-term labor, etc.

You have set yourself up well for a great pregnancy. I wish you the best and, again, just want to say not to stress it too much if you can’t live up perfectly to the vision you probably carried pre-pg about the pregnant woman you would be one day. I definitely carried a certain vision and have had to adjust it a bit, but it doesn’t mean I haven’t had a great pregnancy or that I haven’t done much better than I expected in other areas. Go with the flow, do your best, and, like you said, enjoy watching nature do its thing.

GL!!

Monika @ Powered by Paprika     at 2:14 pm

Where’d you get that peanut butter + jelly shirt at??