Week 15: My Pregnancy Journey.

Get ready for some serious bumpage this week – this little man has definitely gone through a growth spurt!  And you should probably just come to expect to hear me say every single week, “I can’t believe how big I am!”  But honestly, that’s how I feel.  I don’t know why I keep waking up expecting the opposite, but I am constantly surprised that this belly is actually growing.

How Big is the Baby?

Baby Garnish has worked his way up to a large apple this week!

I know the growth has been slow and steady, but I feel like I woke up one morning and suddenly my waistline had doubled.  I wore a pair of regular Gap jeans on Saturday, and half-way through the day I ended up having to unbutton them under my cardigan.  I guess regular jeans aren’t really much of an option anymore (since I hate the belly band).

The good news is that I got a cute pair of Gap maternity jeans this weekend, and I have another ridiculously awesome pair of Joe’s designer maternity jeans that Casey bought me for my birthday.  With two good pairs, I should be all set for summer.

This is me laughing because Casey claimed the camera dots focused on my belly instead of my face.  That stomach bump looks like I have been gobbling down donuts all week.  I feel like I need a shirt that says “I’m pregnant, stop looking at me!”

How I’m Changing

Besides the obvious growing stomach, I’m just feeling a little fuller in general.  I think my boobs are still growing, and it might finally be time to consider getting some new bras.  I’m starting to get those unflattering bra-is-too-tight lines under my shirts. Not good.

Despite what it looks like in these pictures, I assure you that my butt has not actually quadrupled in size.  I’m just wearing comfortable shorts that are still too big for me.

How I’m Feeling

Most of the time, I’m feeling really good.  I seem to still be averaging one unfortunate puking per week.  I keep thinking the sickness is all gone, and then it will randomly come back, as it did this morning.  But it’s nothing like it used to be, and I’ve almost forgotten how horrific the first trimester was.  I’m equating it to running marathons – once it’s over you forget what you went through!

I have heard other pregnant people talk about ravenous hunger and needing food every two hours, and up until now I haven’t really experienced any of that.  I have noticed this week though that if I let myself go too long without food, I suddenly get VERY nauseous.  I’m not much of a snacker, but I’m trying to pay more attention to the timing of my meals so that doesn’t happen anymore.

The other thing that is a recent development is some unfortunate headaches.  I had one last week that was really bad, since then I’ve had a few more that were a bit more mild.  A few of my Twitter friends suggested Tylenol or caffeine to relieve the aches.  I am a weenie and am too scared to take Tylenol unless absolutely necessary, so I opted for the caffeine route.  I drank half of a regular Coke for probably the first time in ten years.  It was insanely sweet, surprisingly tasted pretty darn good, and it did the trick.

I am drinking water like it’s a part-time job, making sure I am as hydrated as possible.  And now that I’m trying to time my meals a bit better, I’m hoping the headaches will go back to wherever they came from.

What I’m Eating

Anything salty and lemony – I cannot get enough.  Citrus fruits, feta cheese (pasteurized), olives, lemony dressings, creamy soups.  You will be happy to hear that I ate a gigantic portion of Greek salad from Whole Foods the other day – mostly because it was smothered in feta and lemon dressing.  But hey – greens are greens, right?

I’m on a big minestrone soup kick too.  I will order or make it at every opportunity.  Veggies, broth, noodles, beans – perfect on my stomach and my bland palate.  Last night I made a giant pot of it out of our remaining frozen veggies, and beans and noodles from our dwindling pantry.  Poor Casey keeps suggesting things like Japanese or Indian food, and I keep gagging like an eight year old.  Spices are not my friend.

This morning’s snack felt slightly cannibalistic…

We ate the photo prop.  I think the real Baby G would approve!

IMG_9099 (427x640)  IMG_9100 (427x640)

Odds and Ends

The other fun thing we got recently is a new app (from Pampers!) for Casey’s iPad.  It’s a baby growth tracker that has info about the baby for each week, along with really good photos of what he might look like at this stage!

My favorite feature is the “real size” image – you click and the picture expands to show an approximation of the baby’s actual size for the week!  That’s a BIG baby – no wonder my belly is finally popping out!

Here are a few more random pregnancy thoughts for the week…

• Things I can’t wait to eat again:  blue cheese and drippy eggs
  • # of times I get up to pee each night:  usually three
  • Weight I can still squat at the gym:  95 pounds
  • Days until my next appointment: 17
  • Weight gained this week: ~1 pound
  • Total weight gained: –1 pound
  • # of days until we move:  three

And with that, I am off to re-heat a bowl of minestrone soup…

Here is a list of links to the previous pregnancy posts and weekly updates…

Weekly Updates:

Pregnancy Posts:

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 11:44 am

You look so healthy and happy in all of these pictures! That’s hilarious that you ate the baby prop. Hey, it’s going straight to baby anyway!

Katherine     at 11:44 am

I am at 27 weeks and am astonished constantly at the growth that happens from day to day! I am excited for you on this journey. You for sure should get some new bras – it makes all the difference in the world. And I’ll admit – I’ve already outgrown my fantastic maternity jeans (they will be great after she arrives though!). I think I’ll be in elastic waists and dresses until my sweet girl arrives in July. Savor this time!

Sweatpants and dresses are my plan for the summer. :)

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep     at 11:45 am

Awww! Your bump is so cute! Awesome baby app :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing     at 11:46 am

Wow! I can’t believe how quickly the little guy is growing! Your stomach looks so cute :)

Lauren     at 11:46 am

I look forward to these posts so much! It’s so fun to read about how the pregnancy is progressing. Congrats on your precious apple!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 11:49 am

I love your little baby bump!!

mrianda @working mom works out     at 11:50 am

That I-Pad app is awesome!! You are too cute. .Good luck on the move!

brandi     at 11:50 am

so cute! I love hearing all the little things you’re noticing each week.

Jessica (Dalyauthenticity)     at 11:50 am

These make me SO happy :) You are radiating happiness!

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 11:51 am

That real-life baby app is so cool!

Freya     at 11:52 am

Ooh he has had a growth spurt! It must be odd to really feeeel the changes (like your jeans becoming too tight during the day). I would get so freaked out!
Here’s to another good week :)

I will admit, it freaks me out a little bit. But I know it’s for a good reason! :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine     at 11:53 am

Apple-sized?! That seems SO big!! Ah so exciting. I love how genuinely happy you always look in these posts :)

By the way, I had to laugh at the iPad app. There really is an app for EVERYTHING!

Haha so true.

Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous     at 11:53 am

Yay! I love love love these posts. Beautiful belly!

Kath     at 11:54 am

This is happening way too fast!!! I can’t believe how big the bump got in just a week!! Grow, baby, grow!

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen     at 11:55 am

That iPad app is so cool!
I’m so glad you’re sharing this stuff. I felt pretty clueless during my first pregnancy, and now it’s been so long since I had my son I feel like I’d have to re-learn everything if I did get pregnant. (I totally would have eaten the apple, too :))

Aundra     at 11:55 am

You look great!! Congratulations again!! That app is super neat.

Shari     at 11:59 am

You know that expression about women glowing with happiness during pregnancy? You personify it :)

So nice! Thank you!

Ashley     at 12:01 pm

Enjoy every minute — it goes by so fast (and even faster when they get here!)

One thing I wish I had done when pregnant was buy nursing bras rather than bigger ‘regular’ bras (that won’t ever be worn again…what a waste!). Bravado bras (can be bought online, Target’s site is one of them) are AMAZING and grow with you as your pregnancy progresses and then as you change while nursing.

Best of luck!

Christina     at 12:03 pm

AWE!!! Finally got the belly to pop out a bit! My friend wrote about her pregnancy journal and how she was at that in between stage for a while (the I think I look chubby & not pregnant stage) BUT she said it was because she needed good maternity pants :) You look fabulous!

Alaina     at 12:03 pm

You are so totally glowing. :-) I love these updates!!

Stephanie @ LiveCookLove     at 12:08 pm

Yep! You have the bump and are completely glowing!!! So cute!!

Jennifer (The Gourmetour)     at 12:09 pm

You look gorgeous! and ridiculously happy. I keep saying that, but I keep meaning it too!

April @ Grits and Granola Bars     at 12:10 pm

Awwww! I love these pregnancy posts! :) So glad things are going well with Baby Garnish. <3

Taylor @ Delish World     at 12:12 pm

I love your updates! Your bump is so cute!

Carly D. @ CarlyBananas     at 12:14 pm

You look fantastic, Emily! Congrats for the 15th time (really, I’m sorry to be leaving the same comment every week but you really look so adorable and happy!).
PS. Love that you guys ate the apple.

Katy @ MonsterProof     at 12:21 pm

Love the cannibalism! Funny! And, yep, I’d say I was right about the same point that eating every two hours was MANDATORY if I wanted to feel good. I almost always have fruit cups (or portable fruit) or granola bars in my purse now.

Parita @ myinnershakti     at 12:23 pm

I absolutely love your updates! I am no where near ready to have a baby, but your posts make me excited about future possibilities! Have a beautiful day!

Kelly     at 12:23 pm

I love these posts. It’s going to be so fun to look back at your first couple of posts once you are far along. Love the baby bump! And that ipad app is really cool. The baby is getting big!

Erica     at 12:24 pm

I love these posts!! I’m TTC and kind of obsessed with pregnancy right now so it’s great to get these updates from someone who is really going through it, rather than from a book.

I have a question, and I’m hoping you might have some insight. Since I’m TTC, I’m hoping to get pregnant sometime this summer, but I’m also finishing up graduate school and will be moving to another state in August/September. That means I’ll have to find a new OB/GYN where ever I move. How did you go about finding a new doctor in Seattle? DId this make you nervous? I know poeple move mid-pregnancy all the time, but for some reason the logistics of it just boggle my mind!

I got recs from a few people out there, and also picked a group that is very close to my house. I didn’t want to be worried about driving across town in an emergency. It’s still so early in my pregnancy that I’m not really worried about switching doctors. I’m actually excited to meet the new midwife group!

Stacey (Being Stacey)     at 12:24 pm

You look great and your belly does seem to have blossomed overnight. You look very happy and healthy.

Alex @ fightcancerwithfood     at 12:27 pm

I am the least maternal person in the world (seriously, I think that particular bone got completely left out of my body) but your pregnancy updates have actually succeeded in getting me excited for you! Really glad its going so well :)

Haha I’m glad! :)

RhodeyGirl     at 12:29 pm

Looking great Emily!

I can’t wait until you pop!!!!

You’re ahead of me in the maternity shopping realm. I need to go shopping BADLY! I did finally buy this really comfy jersey-like skirt (it’s actually rayon) from GAP that is perfect for lounging around the house as well as a couple of tanks. I need capris! And dresses! And more!

Hope those icky feelings go away for good in the next couple of weeks- like they say it literally went away overnight for me.

I feel soooo much better in clothes that actually FIT!!

Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East     at 12:30 pm

Your little baby bump looks so cute!

SaraRM     at 12:31 pm

I just love your updates!! My hus and I are FAR from anywhere close to thinking about kids but its fun to read about your experiences. Glad youre feeling a big better. Hang in there during the moving process, it will be worth it in the end!

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 12:31 pm

Haha at the “cannibalism.” Can’t wait to see next week’s fruit.

Cole     at 12:35 pm

lol, i can’t believe you ATE your apple!! LOL….I really love these post! I’m so excited to read more and see you grow more!! You look great! :)

Rianne     at 12:37 pm

I think you’re probably the cutest pregnant lady that I’ve ever seen! That’s hilarious that you guys ate the photo prop. :-) Good luck with your move and much love to Baby Garnish. That little man already has his own fan base!

Thanks so much! :)

What a happy and fun time! I’m amazed at how much a baby grows in just a week :)

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.)     at 12:44 pm

I love this series you’re doing!

& what a neat app!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 12:48 pm

Oh Emily, you look beautiful and I can’t believe the little one is getting so big so fast! I hope your soup hits the spot and I hope your taking some time to relax since the next few weeks are going to be so busy!

Monica     at 12:50 pm

Oh my goodness! Your baby has fully debuted! And I so don’t think you need a shirt that explains that you are pregnant, you look so healthy and wonderful!

On Saturday this woman at Whole Foods was talking to me about pregnancy and little I looked – she asked how far along I was and I had to explain that my baby bump is first debuting in my growing bootie! ;) Oh the soft spots on my body that I am learning to embrace.

I am the same way about headaches and would rather try to relax the muscles than take anything for it. :)

katie     at 12:53 pm

That real size app is awesome! And YEA for your new belly!
Blue cheese is something that I’m not too sure how I will survive without when I’m pregnant.

Chase     at 12:54 pm

Major bumpage! Isn’t it weird how when you drink coke for the first time in a reeeeally long time, it tastes so sweet? I gave up soda years ago but every once in a blue moon I have one … this weekend being one of those instances! I went straight from a 2 hour workout out to lunch and I was so hungry I was shaky and weak. I ordered a coke to settle my blood sugar and it was so sweet (and refreshing!). Crazy!

I was surprised that the Coke tasted so good. :)

Cait @ Beyond Bananas     at 12:56 pm

Love your little bump! It is too cute! It is great how you are holding the ipad right where your babe would be! Don’t get too stressed with movie.. everything is going to be great!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 1:01 pm

Your’e such a cute pregnant lady! Seriously – have you tried using a rubberband/hair tie to wear your pants even when they’re not buttoned? You can loop it through the button hole and fasten it on the button! I showed my sister that trick and she loved it!

I haven’t tried that yet – maybe I should!

Shayla     at 1:03 pm

You’re absolutely glowing!! Glad to hear you’re feeling better and you’re baby bump is so cute!! :)

Kim @ girlevolving     at 1:04 pm

That app is great!

I’m 5 months and still feel like I want a shirt sometimes that let’s people know I’m pregnant. :)

Brittney     at 1:12 pm

Looking great Emily! I feel like I have more hope I will get pregnant every time I read these posts of yours :)

Gina     at 1:14 pm

Ha, I like that you ate the photo prop!!!

Lisa Fine     at 1:20 pm

I absolutely love these updates, Emily. Even though I know you feel like you’ve had a hard time sometimes, with the nausea and morning sickness and all, I am fascinated about pregnancy, and your posts make me feel even more so.

Lisa     at 1:24 pm

I made over easy eggs for my husband this weekend and was SO jealous that I couldn’t eat them! Bleu cheese and runny eggs are two things I miss most.

You look fantastic, Emily!

stacey (the home-cooked vegan)     at 1:27 pm

Love this!!!!! You’re baby boy is growing like a weed (can I say that if he is still in your tummy?? hehe)

I can’t believe you can still squat 95 lbs. at the gym!! Go you! You are such an inspiration :) Good luck with the move!

Katie KS     at 1:32 pm

Wow – 95 lbs! I am on a weight-lifting restriction of 25 lbs (aside from the 31.5 lb toddler) … I knew weights were ok during pregnancy but I guess I thought keeping them small was what was generally approved as there was no specific reason for me to get that ban (to take pregnancy yoga at my gym you have to have a “permission” slip from your dr and that is what mine wrote – no weights over 25 lbs).
And yes – eating every 2 hours keeps the nausea at bay a bit for me. Especially in the a.m. I can do more like every 3 hours after lunch.

I think maybe because I lifted a lot of heavy weights pre-pregnancy, it’s okay for me. I have switched to the guided machines though since they are more safe, and I’m only lifting enough that isn’t a huge strain. Definitely trying to still be fit, but also be safe. That is insane that you need a permission slip for yoga.

Susan @ Saucy Living     at 1:35 pm

You have the cutest baby bump!

I wanted to ask you: are you using any creams for preventing stretch marks?

Not yet since I am still growing slowly, but I definitely need to research some!

Dee     at 1:41 pm

Aww you are too cute Emily! Lovin’ these posts!

Tricia     at 1:43 pm

Awwww! The first thing I noticed was the tiny bump forming!!! Love it. You look great. And I love the random facts at the bottom of the post. Sad that you can’t eat blue cheese and drippy eggs. Some of my favorites too!

Kate @ NaturaStride     at 1:56 pm

Looking good, girl! Love the updates. :)

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition     at 2:02 pm

Your little baby bump is so cute!

Dorry     at 2:11 pm

You are gorgeous! I love reading these updates. It sounds like you need to make a batch of lemon hummus to satisfy your salty/lemon craving. Mmmm!

Sadly, hummus is still holding strong on the “cannot eat” list. I am starting to wonder if I’ll ever be able to eat it again! So sad. :(

Jayna @ Healthy Living Bites     at 2:12 pm

Your baby bump is so freaking adorable I almost can’t stand it. This is going to sound a little strange, but your growing belly is the perfect example of a pregnancy belly! Seriously, these pictures really show how LOW the bump starts out, which not everyone thinks about all the time, that baby pretty much sits on/in between your hip bones and grows UP and out as they need. Warning- in the later part taking a deep breath will become problematic.

I had problems with headaches during my second pregnancy. Migraines that would knock me flat on my behind for WEEKS. My doctor told me to take vicodin for it- talk about freaking out!!! I flat out refused the prescription in her office at first, but she said “really, if you are in that much pain that you are puking and can’t get out of bed THAT’s not good for baby either. Take the prescription and IF it gets that bad take the medicine”. I did have to take it twice, but as someone who will ONLY take tylenol when pregnant (I’m kind of a nazi about following all the guidelines for meds and food) it was a big deal. If a little soda is doing the trick- go for it! But if you find it’s not and you’re contemplating tylenol try to think of it as the lesser of two evils (extreme pain vs medication).

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme)     at 2:23 pm

So cute! Can’t believe how fast the baby has grown in just a week. Last week, I was beginning to slightly notice a bump, but it’s gotten so much bigger :) Loving these posts.

Kris     at 2:30 pm

You look so cute! With your cravings, you need to make Greek lemon soup when you are back in a kitchen situation. You can vary it from just broth, lemon, rice/orzo, eggs — no spices involved :) — to adding chicken, carrots, celery. I love it hot or cold, and you can always drop in some feta. Good luck this week!

Kris Reply:

Haha, scratch the chicken since I know you’re vegarian.

mmmmmmm that sounds SO GOOD!! As soon as I unpack my kitchen, that is being made. :)

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet     at 2:32 pm

Yay! I can see the bump! Although that just looks like my belly when I’ve eaten a little too much LOL.

I can’t believe he’s that big! There’s no way that ipad baby is living in your tummy :)Hope everything with the move goes smoothly!

Jess     at 2:32 pm

Don’t forgo the blue cheese! You can still eat it, just make sure it’s pasteurized. I was so sad at the thought of giving it up, but then I found out I didn’t have to. Same deal with brie…mmm.

I HAVE eaten pasteurized brie, but I thought the deal with blue cheese wasn’t that it was unpasteurized, but that it is filled with so much mold. Now I’m not sure!! There is a blue cheese, walnut, and green bean salad I see all the time at WF just calling out to me!

Jess Reply:

They make pasteurized blue cheese too! I had to scout it out, but I found it. I was missing it too much to forgo it for another few months.

Meagan     at 2:36 pm

Apples are delicious! Just don’t name your child that. LOL.

Haha. I love the name Olive for a girl, actually, but we’ll deal with that one next time. :)

sally mae     at 2:42 pm

I love your posts and now that I am at 9 weeks I can reread your old posts too…and of course I can’t help but compare. Although I am super nauseous somedays (and yes constant snacking does seem to help) I’ve not had any puking (so thankful!), but I’ve already gained 5 pounds (eeeeek! I can’t tell if it’s too early or not to gain weight) I have my first appointment with heartbeat tomorrow (on my 29th birthday and I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you feel great this week Emily. Before you know it you’ll be settled in Seattle:)

Congrats to you!! I started to feel much better right after 10 weeks – hope the same happens for you! I wouldn’t worry about weight gain – every pregnancy is so different. As long as you are keeping track and aware of it, I’m sure you are fine!

Anne     at 2:43 pm

Wow, it’s so interesting to read these posts ;-)

Michelle     at 2:45 pm

You just have that beautiful glow about you and you look so healthy. You and Casey will be wonderful parents. How blessed your little one will be to have you guys.

Sara @BakingandWine     at 2:56 pm

Life size pictures!!! That’s so awesome! Makes me almost wish I had an iPad. Haha.

And, I am a horrible pregnant lady. I’ve had blue cheese a few times in the last few months. Yeah, yeah, I know. I’ve also eaten cold lunch meat. I told you, horrible pregnant lady right here.

And you still look super small and great! I bet you’ll be the type who won’t look pregnant (to other people) until all of a sudden your bump completely pops! Which will probably be in a month or two! Exciting!

You are not horrible at all! I think because it took me so long to GET pregnant, I am extra paranoid that I don’t want to do anything even remotely risky. I am sure it would be NO big deal if I ate a few bites of something. :)

Noelle     at 3:02 pm

WOw, you should not be afraid of Tylenol for headaches. That is at least better than Coke! i took tylenol the other day and only once and ,y headache was gone. There is an approval list of meds to take. Don’t be afraid!

Just trying to do what feels best to me! If the headaches get bad I will consider the Tylenol. I don’t think half a Coke is a big deal though.

Kristy@RunTheLongRoad     at 3:04 pm

You look adorable! My friends were not fans of the belly band either.

I love Joe’s jeans and didn’t know they had maternity jeans! I’ll have to keep that in mind for the future ;)

Emily     at 3:12 pm

I came across your blog while searching for a recipe and I’m so glad! Your blog is so cute and I love your recipes and I am also pregnant and about as far along as you:) Congrats and I look forward to following your journey.

Caroline     at 3:12 pm

I swear, all you expecting bloggers definitely make me believe in the old wive’s tale that boys are carried lower than girls. Gah, I’m so jealous! I have to keep reminding myself that I might regret having a baby before grad school, but I won’t regret grad school before baby! I love how detailed your weekly updates are. Thank you!

Louise     at 3:25 pm

I’m ten weeks pregnant and at least twice a week at work I have a few sips of Coke to rid myself of a headache. I’m craving fruit, too, but I am having awful heartburn and reflux so I have to eat it sparingly.

Kristi     at 3:26 pm

It sounds like you might LOVE this recipe:

After she posted that recipe last May, I made it multiple times last summer and just made a double batch for a potluck yesterday! It’s simple and lemony, with chickpeas and feta… I bet it would fit with your current eats!

These weekly updates are fun!!!

Yum – thank you!! As soon as I unpack my kitchen in Seattle, that sounds delicious!

MaryBe     at 3:29 pm

Your bump is adorable from the front!

Kristin     at 3:29 pm

I am so excited for you and everything in your life right now! :) I love reading these posts and your baby belly is looking adorable! Good luck with the move and can’t wait to read about the new chapter in your life :)

Candace     at 3:39 pm

You’ve got the glow!

By the by, I’ve got neighbors who are also named Emily and Casey, and they’re expecting a little boy, too! When I got home this afternoon, they were dashing off because her water had just broken. Exciting news all around!

Omg too funny! Hope their little one arrived safe and sound!

Red Deception     at 3:54 pm

Cute!

Krystina (Organically Me)     at 4:32 pm

Your little bump is just so stinkin’ cute.

Allison @ Happy Tales     at 4:33 pm

Gahhhh, I LOOOOVE all of your baby update posts! It seriously makes me so excited for when that time comes for me. First i need to get through this marathon — I’m going to be reading your Flying Pig recaps in a little bit, esp the one where it downpoured! Eeeek, I have a bad feeling it might do that again this year… oh well!

I will pray for you that it doesn’t rain. Although my best run in 2009 it was sprinkling at the starting line and it ended up being great and cooled me down. But the downpour of 2010 was NOT fun!

LoriV. @ For the Run of It     at 4:35 pm

Love these posts and you have definitely “popped”!! Please, please don’t lift so much, though.

Sarah @ The Pajama Chef     at 4:48 pm

what a fun app! you look so cute :)

Emily E.     at 5:04 pm

Headaches are really common in the early second trimester. Your hormone levels actually drop a little at that point, this is what causes the headaches. The good news is that the hormone levels will plateau again in a few weeks, so things should get better. Don’t be worried about taking the tylenol if you need it. The placenta works like a filter and it clears the Tylenol from ever reaching the baby.

Your bump is looking super cute!

Such great info – thank you!!

Ashley     at 5:50 pm

My sis in law had terrrrrible headache problems. That can’t be fun. :( I can’t imagine drinking a coke! haha Sugar-shock! You looks so happy, per usual. Love these posts. Glad you’re doing well and glad that baby is finally showing. TOo cute!

I am embarrassed to admit that the Coke was actually much tastier than expected, although the first sip was definitely strange. :)

jen @ taste life     at 5:52 pm

I love your pregnancy updates! When my friend was pregnant with her first baby, she went through the stage where she thought she just looked heavy, not pregnant, and also didn’t want people staring at her!

Annalisa     at 6:03 pm

I’m 36 weeks and can’t believe I keep getting bigger! It doesn’t stop amazing you.

Some thoughts –
For your bra, try a bra extender (ebay, $3 incl. shipping). It saved me lots of money on buying a new bra when I didn’t completely need it.

I loved maternity jeans that had the 2″ stretchy band and not the full panel (although now I can only do full panel). It got me through the first 25 weeks and can be worn post-partum.

I just saw the Discovery Channel “Into the Womb” doc and it was cool for the first 40 mins (I thought it got boring after that). I was in so much more awe of the human body than I all ready was.

AND, at some point you realize you can eat what you want. I was so hardcore in the beginning about avoiding “bad” foods and then I realized I can have those things (reputable brand, fresh, etc) in moderation. I eat soft eggs every day — from my neighbors chickens. I have blue cheese, sushi, lunch meat but all from reputable places and in small quantities. I started giving in around week 22-24 since I was starting to get a little batty from all the no-nos. Oh, and I have 1 cup of coffee every day (after the first trimester).

I know it’s early but start looking into what kind of birth you want. I switched docs at 31 weeks because I realized my doc and that hospital were going to give me a hard time about a natural birth (not actively/directly but I wasn’t getting the answers I wanted). I wish I switched sooner so I would have enjoyed my pregnancy sooner.

Great tips!! Thank you!! :) I will definitely watch In the Womb. I love nerdy stuff like that.

Angela     at 6:53 pm

Your skin is glowing! You look beautiful and so happy!

fittingbackin     at 7:07 pm

Wonderful update -you look great! 3 times per night?! Whoa. Great iPad ap – love the pic of you holding it. My sis and bro-in-law are using an iPad ap to track their baby (he’s here- it keeps up with sleep, feedings, etc. to help you develop a schedule that works for your baby). It’s pretty cool!

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 7:08 pm

I love seeing the bump! You and Casey look super happy :-)

Marta     at 7:39 pm

love the bump! that baby app is neato but I’m slightly disturbed!! it’s like those 3d ultrasounds, creep me out :)

Autumn Tao     at 7:42 pm

It’s such a pleasure that you’re sharing this journey with us readers. My husband and I are hoping for a baby this summer. All the best to you in your move. I’ve never been, but I have heard Seattle is amazing, if not for the vegan food alone! Namaste.

hippierunner     at 7:49 pm

So many cool things in this post! I found it hilarious that you think you should have a sign on your baby bump noting you’re pregnant! So funny. Your hair looks really pretty!

Thank you! My hair is definitely nicer now that I’m pregnant – a fun extra perk!

Rachel     at 8:11 pm

You look great! I am already jealous of your Joe’s maternity jeans and I just found out I’m pregnant. Where do you get your weekly pregnancy updates? Thanks!!

The Joe’s are AWESOME and are from A Pea in the Pod. I get my updates from Babycenter and from the “What to Expect” app on my phone.

KaraHadley     at 8:32 pm

Holy moly! Baby is getting big. I’m glad you’re getting past the all day sickness. And I’m so glad you’re doing these posts. It’s super interesting to me to watch Baby grow and see how quickly everything is progressing.

Deva (Voracious Vorilee)     at 10:12 pm

OMG SUCH an adorable bump! I am loving your pregnancy updates so much – they’re so sweet and you are positively glowing.

Cookie     at 10:15 pm

I absolutely love you and this unborn baby more & more each day! How exciting for you & Casey!! Well I hope you will want visitors out west..bc you can count on me to swing by sometime ;)
xoxoxo
love ya doll..

COOKIE! What a fun surprise seeing you here. :) Pleaaaaaaase make a trip out west on your way to Hawaii! We would love to see you!

Emma     at 10:19 pm

Glad that you are through the 1st trimester and doing better, you look great. I love these pregnancy update posts and think it’s awesome you are sharing the experience!

Allison     at 11:27 pm

Loving the updates!!

Lu @ The Orange Spice Kitchen     at 11:34 pm

You look radiant! Just wait. You’re going to wake up one day soon and wonder if your shoes match. And you know what? It’ll be ok with you.

Kate (What Kate is Cooking)     at 11:39 pm

I have to unbutton my pants in the middle of the day sometimes too! Unfortunately, I can’t blame it on pregnancy :)

Nikki     at 12:02 am

I’ve never been pregnant yet so I don’t know much about it but I am curious about you mentioning your total weight gain so far is 1 pound. How is that possible when you have a pretty big stomach? You look like you have gained more.

Hi Nikki. I actually lost about 5 pounds due to morning sickness, and I have gained four of those back, but am still down one from where I started pre-pregnancy. The one pound gained was from this week. Also the body changes a lot without actually gaining actual fat – it’s also a lot of swelling and fluids!

Liz     at 1:12 am

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, mostly for your wonderful recipes. But it has been really cool seeing your pregnancy updates. You really do look great. I laughed when you mentioned you wanted a shirt saying you’re pregnant because a friend of mine when, when she was pregnant, had a shirt that said, “Does this baby make me look fat?”

Congrats!

LOVE the shirt – I need one!

Kristi     at 4:19 am

Wow! Baby Garnish is growing!

Emily     at 6:39 am

awww what a cute bump! I keep blowing up one week, then I feel like I stay the same for another week or 2, then suddenly I’m even bigger haha oh babies. That app is soo cool! I’m 21 weeks now with twins, and I can feel them so I have a good idea of where they are (sometimes, they’re squirmy suckers still) but I’m always curious if I feel a good kick where their little arms are and how big they really are, as helpful as the fruit references are ;) I just want a constant big ultrasound so I can see how big they are and what they’re doing all the time haha but I guess they’ll be here soon enough and I’ll get plenty of time to see them grow :)

I want a constant ultrasound too!!!

Katy     at 7:20 am

You have grown a lot since last week! I did weekly photos of my belly when I was pregnant with my daughter and it’s scary to see how big I was! I never felt all that big when I was pregnant. I’m loving these updates. I look forward to them every week.

Mari     at 8:29 am

You look gorgeous! The picture of you showing off your belly is beautiful and you are positively glowing in the photo of you holding the iPad. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Julia     at 9:14 am

Fantastic post! Don’t you think it’s funny/confusing that the iPad app makes the baby look like 4X the size of an apple? haha….such a wide spectrum in sizes!

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 9:58 am

Love the updates!! I feel like you’re pregnancy is going quicker than mine- how is that even possible? :)

I love your cute baby bump that is forming, too! I still want a shirt that says ‘I’m not fat, I’m pregnant’ but haven’t found on yet. I find myself quickly telling people though before they judge me for being s chub- self conscious much? I know…

The hunger is coming- watch out! Mine finally just slowed down a bit, thank goodness :)

Haha someone else said they had a shirt that said “Does this baby make me look fat?” I need one. :)

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 10:03 am

Congrats. I can’t believe you’re still at -1. Is that considered healthy? I don’t know much about pregnancy and I’m curious.

From everything I have read, it’s perfectly healthy. Especially because I lost 5 pounds during morning sickness. So I’ve been slowly gaining it back, but it’s still just getting back to where I started. I believe most of the weight gain really starts in the 2nd trimester, which I entered last week!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me Reply:

oh ok. Thanks for the info! :)

Sure thing! This is all new to me too. :)

Jennifer G.     at 10:14 am

You are completely adorable…the week to week updates are such a great idea! I think you are really going to treasure having this documentation of your 1st pregnancy.

Allison K     at 11:04 am

Such a cute bump! I am not preg, nor am I planning on TTC for at least a year or so, but weight lifting during pregnancy is fascinating to me. I lift heavy weights now, and train with kettlebells, and I think occasionally about how I want to continue that through my pregnancy.
Are you going to do a post about exercise specifically? Or just address it in your weekly posts?

Carolina     at 11:36 am

I love seeing the progression of your baby bump, so cute!

gabriella @ embracement     at 11:43 am

I can’t say it enough, these posts are the best! It is so fasnicating to see the weekly changes.

Amanda     at 11:45 am

You look amazing! What a cute little bump!

Christin@purplebirdblog     at 1:33 pm

Cutest preggo lady ever! And is that your natural hair color? It’s gorgeous!!!

Sarah K     at 2:45 pm

Awww I love these pregnancy posts. The bump is so cute. I just told my friend who recently found out she was pregnant about these posts and that she had to come check them out

Melissa     at 5:21 pm

haha those random thoughts are the best kind!

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed     at 6:06 pm

Great post, the size on an apple, wow!! Good luck moving this week. Minestrone sounds fabulous to me too, can I have a bowl? :)
Heidi xo

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 12:12 pm

aww pregnancy is SO fun! Well, until the last ten weeks.. But having a baby is even MORE fun. It’s the best thing ever actually.

Luella     at 12:48 pm

What app was that? I’d love to have something similar!

It’s made by Pampers!

burn calories     at 8:36 pm

burn calories…

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Week 15: My Pregnancy Journey….

best adjustable dumbbells     at 7:10 am

best adjustable dumbbells…

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Week 15: My Pregnancy Journey….

ringing in ears cure     at 5:12 pm

ringing in ears cure…

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Week 15: My Pregnancy Journey….

bing     at 1:39 pm

So why is being overweight such a direct link to diabetes.
means that serious side effects are unlikely to happen if taken as directed.
The science behind Adiphene consists of
12 of probably the most power fat preventing ingredients known.

remedies for tinnitus     at 7:28 pm

future, the researchers want to find out whether
a combination of several educated in the gastrointestinal tract hormones can further enhance the effect of the
gastric band. Safety is also assured when taking Adiphene because of its natural ingredients, which means that serious side effects are
unlikely to happen if taken as directed. Adiphene Weight Loss Supplements Offers a Unique 25% Discount n select
package fr Online B Worldwide If the online critiques are something
to go by, Adiphene is an efficient weight-loss option.

what causes tinnitus     at 12:43 am

You’ll for certain do not have something to lose with Adiphene, thus
for those that actually need to slim while not losing their time and power,
then Adiphene is that the product for you. Individuals who have underlying medical condition should also consult a physician before taking this diet pill.
There is a section to discuss the biggest loser show, specific diets, and much more.

ringing in the ears     at 4:16 am

You wont find Adiphene in your native pharmacy
or some huge store like Walmart or Walgreens.
Adiphene is the newest and fastest weight reduction supplement in market.

Adiphene Weight Loss Supplements Offers a Unique 25% Discount n select
package fr Online B Worldwide If the online critiques
are something to go by, Adiphene is an efficient weight-loss
option.

bowflex selecttech     at 1:30 am

The differences in their prices aren’t that significant unless you plan to buy an entire set of dumbbells.

Thus you’ll need being able to adjust extra weight 2. Just sprint
for one block segment, when you get to the corner, walk the next
block segment, when you get to the next corner, sprint again, and so on and so on around the
same block repeatedly for 20-40 minutes.

weight set     at 2:17 am

If you perform in an business office there are often moments that you uncover yourself with nothing to do and all your
perform is completed for the day. At either end
of one’s handle, you’ll discover a dial knob marked with numbers from 5 to 52.
Not everyone has the space to store dumbbells of various weights.