Week 16: My Pregnancy Journey.

My first pregnancy update NOT photographed in my little backyard patio in Virginia – how strange!  I guess I’ll have to mix up the backgrounds from now on.  This has been a whirlwind week for me and Baby G – just this week we’ve been in Virginia, Connecticut, and now Ohio!  And all that time he’s been growing and growing away…

How Big is the Baby?

Last week’s apple is this week’s…avocado!

Pre-pregnancy I would have listed avocado in my top five favorite foods, but now they don’t sound quite so good anymore.  I believe he is that big though, considering how BIG I feel!

How I’m Changing

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again – I feel gigantic.  Rediscovering a new body each day is a very strange thing to get used to, and I imagine it only intensifies as the weeks go on.  As you can see, my belly is most definitely showing, and my boobs are gigantic.  I am happy to report that bra shopping is on my agenda for this afternoon!

I am also in my maternity jeans full time now, and didn’t even bother packing my pre-pregnancy Levis in my suitcase.  Right now I have two pairs of jeans, and one pair of maternity yoga pants that I am rotating through.  I need it to warm up so that I can start wearing my shorts and dresses again!  Don’t be fooled by the t-shirt in the photo – Ohio is freeeeeezing!

How I’m Feeling

Feeling good this week!  No more puking since the beginning of week 15, which is definitely a very good thing.  I have been reading a lot of pregnancy magazines and websites, and trying to soak up everything I can find about having a healthy pregnancy.

One of the things I’m really trying to focus on is not letting too much stress affect me through all the craziness of our move.  I am doing my best to remain laid back and worry-free, because I know that extra stress hormones and worries aren’t helping either one of us.

Pregnancy headaches have continued this week, and I’ve been managing them with small doses of caffeine.  It usually just takes a few sips for me to feel a bit better.  I’ve woken up several times this week with a raging headache and pretty bad nausea – it feels like I am hungover!  I’m hoping the headaches let up soon.  They are actually affecting me more than the nausea these days.

What I’m Eating

Not much change in this department.  I’m definitely eating much much healthier and a more balanced diet than I was in the early weeks, but my food choices still remain rather limited.  I’m starting to wonder if I will ever eat a salad again – I really thought the food aversions would have passed by now!  Instead I’m getting my veggie intake through lots of soup, and cooked greens like broccoli and green beans.  Still nothing leafy – too soon.

The other thing I still can’t even think about eating is ethnic food.  So sad, since it has always been one of my favorites!  Indian, Thai, Chinese – way too much spice and flavor.  All I want is boring, bland food.

And cereal.  Can’t get enough cereal.

Before becoming pregnant I was already a self-proclaimed nutrition facts lover and obsessive label checker, but I’ve found this to only intensify in pregnancy.  I don’t buy much packaged food as it is, but everything I pick up must be scoured for ingredients to make sure none of the “do not eat” foods or ingredients appear on any labels!  I am a big cheese freak, so I make sure that any and all cheese I eat (even in restaurants!) is always pasteurized, including the large wedge of brie that I dominated at the baby shower

Odds and Ends

Planning my sister’s baby shower and watching her open all her adorable gifts has me SO excited to get to Seattle so I can finally start shopping and picking things out for our baby!  I haven’t really started any of the stroller/car seat/nursery research yet, and since I  like to have as much information as possible, I know I have a lot of work ahead of me!

As soon as our boxes are unpacked in Seattle, I am going to get to work on planning our nursery – I can’t wait!  I’m not sure how “themed” I will go, or if I might try to just piece together my own look.  We’ll see.  I find myself very drawn to neutral colors – I love greens, oranges, and yellows!

A few days ago I thought I felt a flutter that might have been Baby Garnish moving around inside, but since I have never felt it before, I’m not totally sure what I’m looking for.  I am anxiously awaiting those first kicks or feelings of movement!

We have our first appointment with our new midwife group next Thursday, and I’m anxious to get back to the doctor for more updates.  I really hope the doctors we picked are a good fit.  I wasn’t a huge fan of my doctor’s office in Virginia, and I am really hoping that I like this next one!

Random thoughts this week:

• Weight gained: no idea – scale has been packed since Wednesday
  • Bowls of cereal consumed:  infinite
  • Shirts packed for a 10-day trip: three – whoops!
  • Days until we get to Seattle: five
  • # of times I’ve threatened to check on our moving truck: two
  • # of times I’ve called to check on the dogs: one

And just for fun, how about a photo-collage of all the belly growth to date – from 9 to 16 weeks!  Something is definitely happening in there…

IMG_8463 (427x640)  IMG_8643 (427x640)IMG_8693 (427x640)  IMG_8825 (416x640)IMG_8907 (425x640)  IMG_9014 (426x640)IMG_9093 (425x640)  IMG_9332 (427x640)

I think the baby is definitely making an entrance – don’t you??  I’m also intrigued by how much my hair changes on a weekly basis…

Here is a list of links to the previous pregnancy posts and weekly updates…

Weekly Updates:

Pregnancy Posts:

Cait @ A Bicycle Built for Two     at 2:59 pm

Just wanted to let you know that my sister is due 2 weeks before you and I showed her your website (since I read it daily) and she now does too! She loves your pregnancy journey updates as do I :) You look great!

I’m so glad – thanks!! :)

Anne     at 3:00 pm

Look at you – so CUTE!!!! You have some definite bumpage going on there :)

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin     at 3:01 pm

I can’t get over how much I love these posts. It’s going to be such an awesome reference for you to be able to look back on when you reflect on your pregnancy journey, and for the rest of us whenever the day comes that we actually get pregnant. You are GLOWING!

Ashley P. @ The Vegetable Life     at 3:03 pm

Love it! You look great! The baby has reqally grown a lot in the past 3 weeks!!!!!!

Callie     at 3:04 pm

I am SO glad you are finally going bra shopping. You will feel like a new woman. For real. :)

Lauren @ Hungry Child in the City     at 3:04 pm

I love hearing about your progress! It sounds much better than the beginning when you were sick all the time. Pregnancy jeans?? They sound comfy! Good luck on your journey to your new home!!!

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 3:04 pm

Yay!! I am loving these updates

mindy @ just a one girl revolution.     at 3:04 pm

I love these pregnancy updates!! Your baby bump is so adorable!

Sara @BakingandWine     at 3:06 pm

Awesome! There is definitely a little tiny baby bump going on there! Don’t you love maternity pants?! They’re so comfy!

I dont think I can ever go back to wearing normal pants.

Chelsea Raynes     at 3:07 pm

You look ao cute…makes me want to be pregnant…except all the food adversions.

Sarah @ The Pajama Chef     at 3:07 pm

you’re adorable! i was just thinking before i scrolled down that your hair looks so different in each pic! love it. i always feel i look like a totally different person with my hair up or down…

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey     at 3:08 pm

Your bump is super-cute! :)

I still love the fruit/baby comparisons… but admit that I’m getting a little nervous for you for the day when Baby G might be the size of a melon…?!?!! :)

~

I think the sizes switch to length soon! :)

stacey (the home-cooked vegan)     at 3:08 pm

You know, I was having a craptacular day until I read this post :) I love that Baby Garnish is healthy and growing, that seriously makes me happy for the two of you!

Thanks for sharing this experience with us! And I hope those headaches go away. Can’t wait until next weeks post! Thanks for brightening my day :)

Hope today is better!

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen     at 3:08 pm

Cute photos! :D

Kelly     at 3:09 pm

I can’t believe you haven’t started your registries yet :) I’ve been messing with mine for over a month and I’m only 14 weeks along. It is so much fun! I haven’t actually GONE to the store to register, but I opened them up online and have pretty much narrowed down all the big purchases.. haha :) I guess I am an extreme planner! Oh if you love oranges, greens and yellows.. check out this adorable bedding I fell in love with: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tree-Piece-Baby-Bedding/dp/B002RWMMKK

That is ADORABLE, and totally the look I am into – thanks!

Freya     at 3:11 pm

Another great update!
I gotta say, you definitely have that pregnant lady glow! You look so happy :)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing     at 3:11 pm

Wow! Amazing. Do you mind if I ask if you are having random, unexpected things going on with your body, in the sense of changes you normally wouldn’t associate with pregnancy? I had a friend tell me all her body hair went from really light blond to dark (just until after she gave birth, then it went back to normal?!), and another who said she suddenly started sweating profusely, etc. LOL! Not that I’m asking you to share personal details, just curious in general! :)

Nothing like that really yet, but there are little weird twinges and feelings that I’m not used to. And sleeping is IMPOSSIBLE!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 3:15 pm

The peanut is getting bigger! I LOVE it! My salad love did return. I only wanted baked potatoes with ranch dressing and pasta salads with vinegar when I was pregnant. Bagels were high on that list too with cream cheese and strawberry preserves! I’m glad you’re feeling better!

Why does a baked potato with ranch dressing sound totally delicious right now? So strange!

Colleen (What's Baking in the Barbershop)     at 3:15 pm

You look wonderful, Emily!!! Thanks for another great update! Best of luck with the rest of your travels to the west coast :)

Jayna @ Healthy Living Bites     at 3:16 pm

Awww, you are so adorable! Thanks for the photo collage so I don’t have to open all those other weeks in a new tab to do it for myself LOL. Baby Garnish is definitely making HIS presence known!

I bet those little flutters were baby. With my first it felt like little bubbles popping in my stomach, and with my second it felt like I had butterflies. As you notice them more you will become more confident in what they are ;)

SO EXCITING!!!!

Heather     at 3:17 pm

you look great! love the photo collage. Good job on trying to not stress out about the move! You are handeling all the changes well!

Kim     at 3:17 pm

so cute, i love these updates! my mom ate a ton of cereal when she was pregnant with me too. : )

Cait @ Beyond Bananas     at 3:19 pm

I am so glad you are feeling better as far nausea goes.. hopefully the headaches will subside soon as well!

Brittany     at 3:20 pm

You are so adorable pregnant and I love reading your updates!! Have fun traveling around Emily.

Jenny @ Love Eat Run     at 3:20 pm

you seriously may be one of the cutest pregnant ladies ever!

Marci     at 3:22 pm

love tuesdays on daily garnish! such a cutie.

Kelly     at 3:23 pm

Love these posts! :)

Lauren     at 3:32 pm

To me, the baby moving was the same sensation as when you eyelid twitches or a muscle twitches, except in your belly. Hope this makes sense! Once you identify it, you can’t miss it and it’s really reassuring to know the baby is moving around.

Sarah     at 3:35 pm

Following your pregnancy journey is so much fun! I’m about 2 weeks behind you, so I feel like I’m getting a little sneak peak of what’s going to happen:-).

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 3:36 pm

I look forward to these posts so much. When I get pregnant (not too soon haha!) I hope I’m still blogging so I can do this!

You look so calm and beautiful!

RhodeyGirl     at 3:41 pm

Your belly is definitely changing, but you still don’t look pregnant. I am going to predict you pop in about 4 weeks, and I hope I’m right haha! Can’t wait for you to feel kicks. I am JUST starting to feel them more often (and more strongly) and it is just about the coolest thing ever!

I hope you like your new doctor’s office!!!!! We just signed up for childbirth classes and I can’t WAIT to learn more!

I’m excited to do childbirth classes too. Hoping I can meet some friends there!

Elizabeth     at 3:42 pm

You look super cute, definitely starting to show!! What pregnancy yoga pants are you using? I’m also preggo and was looking for some. Thanks

They are from Gap!

Kate     at 3:44 pm

Haha- two things struck me reading this (my baby is 16 months old):

1. I ALWAYS felt hungover- ugh!
2. I ate so much cereal while pregnant, must be all the folic acid!

Lindsay     at 3:48 pm

I’ve enjoyed your blog since right before you announced your pregnancy and now I love it even more. I myself am 14 weeks pregnant (but with my fourth!), I run and try to eat healthy (although I’m not nearly as good as you!). It’s fun and interesting to see how you handle the good and not-so-good things of pregnancy and how you incorporate it all into your lifestyle. So, basically I just wanted to say thanks for your fun and inspiring blog!

Oh, yeah, and just have to say that EVERYTHING seems harder (especially emotionally) while pregnant, especially moving and being out of your “nest”. So good luck with the move!! You seem to be doing great.

You are welcome – thank YOU! I’m definitely struggling with being in this limbo phase for so long. I am sooo ready to just get settled!

Katie KS     at 3:48 pm

Hope you are enjoying shopping in Ohio to (temporarily) replace your shirts with some cute maternity ones. My baby decided 5:30 a.m. was a good time to practice kick-boxing. Soon you’ll be feeling a ton, believe me! I take pics every month on the 3rd so I have to remember to take mine tonight. I feel huge. I can’t wait to compare to last pregnancy because I swear I look like I did w/ 3 mos to go instead of 4. But I also can’t believe I only have 4 mos left!!! If I don’t get on the ball poor boy is going to be wearing a lot of pink :(
Oh – I’m a big fan of neutral nurseries and bedding – then you can reuse if you have the other gender later (like we are). We’re doing Eva’s big girl room all girlie and keeping the (jungle animal themed) nursery in place. Then when “Labor Day Baby” is 2 or 3, we’ll redo the nursery to be more “boy.”

Lauren     at 3:54 pm

Love it! This is seriously the highlight of my week, I am such a dork! I’m creepily living vicariously through your pregnancy…haha, I can’t wait to have a baby of my own but it will likely be a while. Loving the bump, he’s making an entrance for sure! :)

Ashley     at 4:00 pm

1. I love these posts. 2. Your bump is adorable. 3. “infinite” cereal bowls cracked me UP! 4. booo headaches 5. You look gorgeous!

Maryann     at 4:01 pm

Yes the last 2 weeks are showing definate growth. It’s been 30 years since I was pregnant but I felt good til I was overdue by 10 days then I wanted it over. I worked in nursing 4 days a week til the day before I was induced. Enjoy every day of it. It’s so fun watching you in your journey. Continue to rest and as much as you can.
Blessings,
Lancaster CO PA Gal

A bummer that you can’t enjoy your favorite ethnic foods, but there will always be cereal.

I loved seeing the picture progression! Definitely something going on in there. :)

Kristen     at 4:06 pm

You look adorable as always! It’s amazing how much your belly has popped out just in the past 2 weeks! Stay as stress free as possible as you continue your big move! Can’t wait to see all the nursery things you choose!

Aundra     at 4:13 pm

Looking great! Yay for avocado week! Best of luck with the move!!

Gabriella @ embracement     at 4:15 pm

Once again, loved the post. Youve definitely got a little bump happening and it’s totally adorable! The progression is so fun to see. Have a stress free (well as ,uch as you can) rest of the trip!

Nicole     at 4:19 pm

If I’ve not already said this, you must know how much I love these updates. Btw–your boobs are awesome! That is the only thing I might one day liike about pregnancy!

Boobs are definitely my favorite part!

Meg     at 4:30 pm

You look great! And as long as you nurse your baby boy, you’ll be amazed by how much bigger your boobs get. I used to be an A cup (thanks to being a runner since I was 4 and stunting my chest growth!) and now I’m a size C. It’s fantastic and I highly, highly recommend nursing.
I used to get horrible headaches when I was preggers, too, and even Tylenol didn’t take them away. So sorry for you. I can definitely relate. I still get them now and my daughter is 6 months old.
I never had any nausea and ate everything in sight. I couldn’t get enough ethnic food, pregnancy and now! Hope your appetite returns.
By the way, I’m from Indiana like Casey and grew up in Columbus.
Best wishes on your move to Seattle!!

Thanks Meg! I hope the boobs stick around.

Gina     at 4:32 pm

I can’t imagine not having a taste for avocado! You look great! Good luck with the rest of your move:)

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 4:49 pm

You’re looking fabulous! I agree, though- I feel huge. None of my bras fit anymore and my belly is definitely large and in charge- as it should be at 22 weeks I suppose :)

You’ll eat salads and ethnic foods again… a few more weeks. Maybe about the same time you’re feeling first flutters! I first felt thumps around 17 weeks, but it took until 18 to convince myself that they were real.

Now Baby D moves all the time and it’s the BEST feeling- can’t wait for you to feel it!

Liz O     at 4:52 pm

My sister-in-law bought me an amazing book ‘Baby Bargains’ that includes advice on all kinds of baby items, reviews of manufacturers, and good/better/best recommendations. It’s super easy to read too!

Where did you find your maternity jeans & yoga pants? I’m 15 wks and totally procrastinating maternity pants shopping!

I got one pair of jeans and the yoga pants at Gap Maternity, and the other pair are Joe’s from A Pea in the Pod.

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen     at 4:57 pm

Love reading these! You look great pregnant!

Mara @ What's For Dinner?     at 5:06 pm

I so look forward to these updates :) You look fantastic!

Caitlin     at 5:12 pm

Boobs!

Haha YES!

Kimberly @ Healthy Strides     at 5:30 pm

Cereal is my pregnant BFF! For me, I think it’s about the cold milk.

And, btw, you look absolutely gorgeous and far from gigantic. Gigantic comes when you realize taking the stairs is no longer effortless :)

Shari     at 5:41 pm

I feel like a broken record by this point … week after week, I just keep saying how cute these updates are. But it’s the truth, and it’s so much fun to follow along — thanks for sharing the journey with us all :)

Thank you so much!

Kelly     at 5:46 pm

Emily, you’re such a precious mommy-to-be. I love reading all about your pregnancy updates. They make me excited about being a mommy-to-be myself. :)

Alexa @ Simple Eats     at 5:52 pm

This is so exciting, I love the progression of size in pictures, it’s just precious!

Shannon     at 5:56 pm

Just a thought… have you tried Gatorade? I used to have chronic headaches, and my doctor read a study that talked about how some headache sufferers really only have electrolyte issues, nothing more serious. She asked me to try drinking 4-6 oz. of Gatorade every day, and see if it helps. It so TOTALLY did. I rarely have headaches now, and when I do, it is amazing how often a very small glass of Gatorade or Pedialite sets me straight. Now I have never been pregnant, so I can’t speak to that, but it can’t hurt to try, right?

I was actually just thinking yesterday that Gatorade sounded good. I think I’m going to pick some up today – good idea! With how much water I am drinking, I wonder if my sodium is low…

Kath     at 6:03 pm

Wheeee!!

Your belly grew, but your butt shrunk from those poofy shorts to jeans!!

Haha! Casey keeps claiming that my belly is growing and the rest of me is shrinking. I wish that was the case!

Brandee     at 6:04 pm

I love all the pregnancy updates! I’m glad you are feeling better and I hope you have safe travels!

sallymae     at 6:07 pm

You weren’t kidding about having every color of that shirt! Too cute:) You truly look amazing and I hope I’m as glowing as you in 5 weeks:) Good luck with the headache issue. If a little caffeine does the trick don’t beat yourself up over it…it’s super important for baby that YOU feel as best as you can:)

Haha and that is like half of the collection! I don’t think I’ve taken pictures in all of them yet.

Kristi     at 6:45 pm

I think this is the greatest way to follow your pregnancy. I wish I had done it when I was pregnant with my daughter!

Lee     at 6:47 pm

Baby G is quite the traveller. And you look great. Glad the pukieness has gone away.

Also, curious to know what the “do not eat” foods and ingredients are. Are they specific to pregnancy like the cheese you mentioned or just thinks that you won’t eat in general?

Specific to pregnancy stuff – like unpasteurized cheese, deli meats (not a problem for me), runny eggs, some herbal teas, artificial sweeteners, etc. All the pregnancy sites have lists you can consult!

Cait     at 7:14 pm

I want to hear about your midwife group- so cool!

Bridget     at 7:15 pm

Wanted to let you know about a book that I found to be a great resource when I was preparing for my little man. It’s called Baby Bargains. It rates every baby product you could possible need and gives each item a letter grade A to F. Items are rated by safety, quality, and cost. I literally marked the pages and took it with me to register. So helpful! You look beautiful, enjoy every moment!

A few people have suggested that book – I will definitely pick it up!

Lauren     at 7:40 pm

this is SO FUN to keep up with!! you are both glowing and adorable and i feel like i am learning so much about what it’s REALLY like to be pregnant! :) I can only hope I will be as dedicated to cataloging it as you are! :)

Michelle (The Runner's Plate)     at 7:52 pm

I love reading these posts! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Abby     at 8:00 pm

Your bump is so cute! :)

Tammy     at 8:02 pm

You look great – sorry about your headaches. Hey my hubby is a chiropractor… unfortunately for you we live in California;). But chiropractors have excellent results working on pregnant women. Headaches do not have to be a part of your pregnancy… you need to look up a doc that specializes in pregnant woman and babies… check out this site to find a doc in your area: http://icpa4kids.org/
Thanks for your blog… :)

Sarah     at 8:40 pm

You look great!

One of my very best friends is pregnant at the moment. She is due in 3 weeks. She looks amazing and is going to be such a fantastic mom but she is so hard on herself about pregnancy weight gain. It pains me to hear her call herself a whale, gigantic, etc. Just a little reminder to be kind to yourself throughout this process.

I’m trying very hard to embrace the changes, but it’s definitely hard to get used to being bigger every day.

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet     at 8:43 pm

Avocados are the best! Haha and so are your two hairstyles in the baby belly pictures :)

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 8:46 pm

Oh my gosh your belly!!! :-)

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed     at 8:50 pm

yes something is definitely happening in there! So interesting to read, love these updates!
Heidi xo

Nancy     at 9:09 pm

When I was pregnant (a long time ago), I also started getting headaches when I hit the second trimester (unusual for me). My nurse practitioner said it was due to hormone level fluctuations, particularly estrogen. So there is likely a reasonable explanation for getting headaches now (plus the added stress of moving).

Erin @ Vie Balance     at 10:12 pm

Sounds like you and Baby G are doing well! Be glad you are moving now before the baby and all the stuff that comes with him arrives – so much more to pack! (We are moving with our 6 month old from Northern VA to Charlottesville, that’s how I know!)

Also good call on going with midwives. I went with midwives for my son and it was amazing!! I loved them! It makes me so sad that I won’t get to have them deliver my other babies but hopefully I’ll find another good group.

Good luck with the move!!

Good luck with your move!!

Samantha Crernock     at 10:26 pm

I’m going into my 30th week of pregnancy and I have eaten cold cereal, with almond milk, throughout the entire thing. It’s one of those things that I never ate before i got pregnant.

Hannah     at 10:41 pm

You look great! Your boobs are huge! Do they still hurt? Your skin looks great too — have you noticed a difference?

They hurt every once in a while, but not consistently. I am lucky that my skin is usually pretty clear. I had some breakouts in my first trimester, but it’s been cleared up for a while now – much better! :)

Red Deception     at 11:38 pm

Your baby belly popped!!! Yay!

lena     at 1:59 am

I love these posts!

Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East)     at 4:49 am

You look great! Your little baby bump is so cute! Glad your slowly starting to feel better!

Carly (Swim, Run, Om)     at 7:31 am

I love these posts … I’m bookmarking them in G-Reader so if/when I get pregnant, I can come back to them! Also, you are one of the top five cutest pregnant women ever. You already have that “glow.” And your hair looks awesome in every pic.

Thanks! :)

Janelle     at 8:52 am

I wasn’t able to look at a salad for either of my pregnancies, and for a while after the birth. My theory was that the baby wanted me to eat more calorie dense foods, and not fill up on low-calorie (albeit nutritious) salads. However, I also dominated the cereal bowl. Something about cold milk and crunchy cereal…

Katy @ MonsterProof     at 9:08 am

Looking great! And, I felt the first flutters at 16 weeks, so entirely possible!

Sarah@The Flying ONION     at 9:55 am

I love how you’re taking pictures on a weekly basis. You can *really* see a difference and what a great memory this will be for you! :D

Lindsay @ The Reluctant Runner     at 10:08 am

I LOVE the pregnancy updates each week! I’m not pregnant yet, but my husband and I are both baby crazy and plan to have a baby asap, when we are a bit more financially stable. It’s really interesting to read your progression each week. It will also be awesome for you to look back on in a few years!

Kathy     at 10:13 am

Have you tried peppermint oil for the headaches? I used this for both my pregnancies and it really helped. I rubbed it onto my temples and along my neck at the base of my hairline. Apparently just the smell is supposed to help.

I haven’t, but I love drinking mint tea. Maybe I should try that!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite     at 10:29 am

I love reading this weekly update! I do not have children, but hope to some day. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Erica     at 11:50 am

I felt a few hard jabs around this time and then didn’t feel anything significant for a few weeks. After that it never stops and you can definitely tell the difference between baby movement and gas bubbles :) Ahh, the joys of pregnancy!

Lauren     at 11:58 am

Is it weird that the thing I’m most NOT excited for when I have kids (in the far far future!) is my boobs getting bigger? I have enough as is! You look fabulous, Emily. That little avocado is going to be so precious :)

Pam     at 12:21 pm

Thanks for you updates! Love reading about your journey through pregnancy and across country… you look great! I am 24 weeks now and feel like I am finally settling into the idea of being pregnant…it takes a while to get used to the daily body changes and weight gain (I’ve already gained 20 lbs – OMG)! Good luck with everything :)

Mari @ itsgoodmari.blogspot.com     at 1:45 pm

I love these updates! I have been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now and I just keeping thinking how amazing it’s going to be to have your pregnancy documentation in the future, such a happy time to look back on!

Jen     at 1:52 pm

You are certainly not huge, but yay for a baby G bump!!!

Jess     at 5:38 pm

I had the pregnancy headaches too! They went away at about 18 weeks, so hang in there! Just wait until you look back at your pics when you have a big belly. I look back and laugh at myself for thinking I had popped.

Leslie     at 6:58 pm

I was (and am) a very healthy eater prior to getting pregnant and I can count on one hand the number of days I didnt’ work out while pregnant but I ate sooo much when I was pregnant. I didn’t have weird cravings I just ate a lot of whatever it was. I know they say you only need 300 extra calories a day but…..

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on the cereal thing. I ate a ton and I mean a ton of cereal when I was pregnant! Every time I went to the store I would buy it. My husband laughed because we would open a box and then it would be gone.

I used to stick to a strict 1200 calorie a day diet. That went out the window when I was pregnant.

Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out     at 9:29 pm

Aww, I love these! You look great. Good luck with all the moving!

Rebecca     at 9:32 pm

Just wanted to say that I love your t-shirts! I’m the same exact style, and it makes me happy seeing someone else rock the v-neck, jeans, and flip-flop (or Toms!) style. (I wear this teaching too…oppps!)

Anyway, always excited to read your pregnancy journal! Makes me smile :)

Meagan     at 12:44 pm

I enjoyed this post! I can definitely see your baby showing now.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 4:43 pm

Yay! I love pregger updates. You look so great. I love that you’re using fruit and veggies to show the size. Pregnancy is so exciting and this makes me want to have another!

Hayley     at 6:54 pm

My early pregnancy was the same thing! I ate at least two salads a day before getting pregnant but I could barely look at one for the first 20 weeks! I pretty much lived off of dry cereal, strange how that is!

melissa     at 8:06 pm

Just found your blog – I’m about 2 weeks further along than you – so exciting!! Cute jeans – where are they from?

Sarah K     at 10:17 am

ahhh your little bump is so cute!

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen     at 5:00 pm

You look great! You’re baby bump looks more like a post Thanksgiving dinner tummy :-) I love reading your updates – thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out     at 9:25 am

That’s very thoughtful of you to feel bad for others that can’t conceive. But you’re right, enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can.

It took me 2 years to conceive. And as someone that’s been in your position and on the other side, I can tell you that just you thinking about others is huge. Thanks!

Monica     at 12:12 pm

So much fun! I love your growing belly and seeing all these changes through your eyes first. I only have brothers and I feel like I have a virtual big-sister that is showing me the ropes of baby growing.

Your healthy ways have been very inspirational and have been keeping me mindful of what is important when I am randomly craving gummy bears at 3:00 p.m. on a Friday afternoon. :)

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Week 19: My Pregnancy Journey.     at 3:24 pm

[...] Week 16: My Pregnancy Journey (avocado) [...]

lena     at 11:08 pm

hi emily! i am almost exactly 1 month behind you and have been reading your posts since week 10. i love following your journey because it is so close to mine… thanks for writing about all the things we think but don’t say (for example, the bra marks on our chests from overgrowing breasts, and that crazy ultrasound they first give you via probe?!) thanks a lot!

Nicole Nutting     at 2:35 pm

Hi Emily,
A friend introduced me to your blog a few weeks ago and I have LOVED following your pregnancy! I was thrilled to find out that I have the same due-date as you, but this year! Its funny because I believe we have similar bodies, so it has been really fun to look ahead and get a sneak-peak as to what I might look like over the weeks! Thank you for all of your details every week – it has been a great personal source of information in addition to my other pregnancy info sources. Thanks!

Marly     at 10:15 pm

i dont really like old women but your pretty hot for a mom. your body is really sexy….for an old mom.

Nikki     at 6:48 am

I know I am commenting years later but your weekly updates are so informative to me. I am 16 weeks and it’s funny how different updates can be between pregnant woman. I have had hardly any food aversions but cereal and oatmeal are two. You wrote you eat an infinite amount. I am weird but I have craved vegetables since day one. I always steamed my vegetables and never ate salads. Even on days I threw up, I wanted raw veggies. I have bought cans of beans when I never do. I do have a question. Did you feel with Cullen and Graham that you were carrying boys? Did you have a motherly instinct? I won’t find out the gender until week 20 and I feel boy.

I had no idea if they were going to be boys or girls — so hard to know!! Best of luck to you!