Week 19: My Pregnancy Journey.

In comparison to our last few weeks of moving, traveling, and unpacking – this week has actually been pretty low key.  I think once all the chaos calmed down, Baby Garnish decided he would kick it up a notch and have a growth spurt.

How Big is the Baby?

This week our little man is the size of a MANGO!  I am so proud.

I believe it too – my stomach has gotten noticeably bigger this week.  I know I say it every week (and will probably continue to do so), but I really feel like this week I went from being pudgy to most definitely pregnant.

How I’m Changing

The bump is much bigger, and so are my boobs.  Lots of growing seems to have happened this week!  I’m feeling a bit bigger all over, which is honestly a little tough to deal with.  Of course growing and weight gain is normal and natural, but I can’t imagine it is ever easy.  So far I’ve only actually gained about 3 pounds total, but it feels like a lot more when I look in the mirror.  I still feel healthy and strong though, so I’m trying my best to focus on that instead of my love handles.

How I’m Feeling

Morning sickness and nausea are now a distant memory, and I feel like a totally different person.  For the most part, I feel completely normal, which is why I think I’m sometimes surprised when I walk by a mirror and see my giant stomach.  I have noticed that when walking or exercising, my stamina is nothing close to what it used to be, and I find myself out of breath very quickly.  The HILLS in Seattle are insaaane, and my daily walks have become a roller-coaster of hill climbing and descending!

The most FUN change I have experienced is that I *think* I am finally feeling little baby flutterings.  There is a sensation I have felt on more than one occasion that feels a bit like bubbles or butterflies in my stomach, and the more it happens the more I realize I am finally feeling our little guy move!  It is still not often and not very pronounced, but it feels incredible and I can’t wait for more!

What I’m Eating

Food is finally starting to be my friend again, and I’m finding myself to be much hungrier this week than usual.  I’ve started eating salads and greens again, and have greatly expanded the number of vegetables and other foods I can eat now.  The only thing I really can’t stomach is Indian food or heavy spices.  I’m also still filling up much more quickly than normal, so meals are much smaller and more frequent.  I announce almost every night about 30 minutes after dinner, “I’m hungry!”

Odds and Ends

We have our first group prenatal appointment tomorrow (more on that to come), and I’m really excited to meet our group and see the doctors again!  I’m also counting the minutes until Friday’s ultrasound when we can finally get another visual of baby boy

In other exciting news, we did have one HUGE accomplishment this week!  We picked a NAME!  We have been talking names and bouncing ideas around from the very beginning, but up until now we’ve been pretty divided on our favorites and our preferences.

I played around with a fun website called Nymbler this weekend, which generates name ideas for you based on a few that you list as “inspirations.”  Ultimately, that’s not where our final name selection came from, but it was fun to get more ideas and narrow our search a bit while the discussion continued.

Since we have already shared so much of this pregnancy journey with both our families and the world, we decided to keep the name a secret so that we have one more fun surprise waiting until the end!  I can’t wait to share it with you all in October.

Just for Fun

Week 9 vs. Week 19 (same shirt!)

IMG_8463 (427x640) IMG_9762 (429x640)

My stomach (and butt!) have definitely grown quite a bit in ten weeks, but I also look a lot happier and healthier now.  Week 9 was my worst week of sickness, and it definitely shows.  Here’s hoping I look even better in 10 more weeks!

Next week I will make sure my fruit props are out of reach of doggie teeth before I continue taking photos…

Here is a list of links to the previous pregnancy posts and weekly updates…

Weekly Updates:

Pregnancy Posts:

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing     at 3:31 pm

You definitely have your glow on :) Can’t believe you’ve got a mango in there!

Madison @ Espresso and Cream     at 3:32 pm

Oh I am just so happy for you an Casey! Every week that you post a new pregnancy update it just gets more and more exciting, and it serves as a great look at how things change during the journey.

I think I’ve said it before, but you guys are going to be such great parents. You have that beautiful motherly glow thing down, girl!

Ginna     at 3:37 pm

I cannot believe you are almost half way done with pregnancy! Wow. Time sure flies right? Emily, you look amazing! U definitely have that pregnant lady “glow”.

Thanks Ginna!

Louise     at 3:39 pm

You look great. I’m looking forward to looking pregnant, not like I’ve been eating too many french fries. I was on Nymbler today. We have picked out a girl’s name, but not a boy’s. We just can’t get excited about anything.

Katie KS     at 3:40 pm

We keep our name secret too.

PS: I was kind of skimming and at first thought you were going to say the name you chose was Nymbler. Which would be … interesting … :) Has your sister said her baby’s name yet? We waited to have too many name discussions til after our nephews were born in March. Didn’t want to get too excited about a name and then have it be used by them!

Christie Reply:

I thought the same thing about Nymbler. I thought though at first it was a unique way of spelling November. haha

Ack so horrible!

Amber K Reply:

LOL, I thought the same thing too. I thought, “oh….dear” ;)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat)     at 3:41 pm

I got so excited about you and Casey picking out a name…that I looked down a few lines hoping you’d reveal it. I saw “Nymbler” and thought that was the name you picked! Haha.

I spy Indy’s tail in the 4th to last photo!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) Reply:

Did too! I kept thinking “well, that’s unique” haha!

Neveeeeeeeer Nymbler! And Indy always has to make sure he infiltrates at least one picture. :)

Kendall (On An Inhale)     at 3:42 pm

I love reading about your baby updates! I’m glad you are feeling better. I think a name should be kept secret until the end too!

Kelly     at 3:43 pm

So fun, you look great!!

haha, I thought the same thing as Katie KS above.. saw Nymbler highlighted and thought that was the name! Too funny :)

Maryann     at 3:44 pm

You look radiant. I love your updates.
Time is going fast for you and you have settled in your new home nicely. Keep us posted.

Graze With Me     at 3:44 pm

We’re waiting to surprise everyone with the name too – there has to be at least ONE fun thing to reveal to family and friends right?? Plus I want to actually *SEE* her before we finalize it, you know?

Seeing you from week 9-19 in the same shirt makes a huge difference! You’re definitely preggo! I wish I had taken my weekly photos in the same outfit from the get go….next time. :)

sarah     at 3:48 pm

yep, you definitely look preggers. A post or two ago, you looked just…(sigh) like me…a wee bit pudgy if you’re going to be hypervigilant..alas, I have no such excuses. Go, Team Malone!

I’m glad you can eat more stuff. Whew.

And I’m glad Sarah’s there. ;)

/other sarah

Brittany @ a healthy slice of life     at 3:48 pm

You look wonderful, Emily! I’m glad you’re feeling better because about Noe is when the appetite kicks into full gear! :) I find it funny how you can’t stomach Indian food because I’ve been craving it !
Are you exercising at all? It’s becoming difficult for me to keep up with my usual exercise intensity.

I am, but nothing like what I was doing before. Mostly just long walks since we got to Seattle, since I haven’t joined a gym yet!

Stephanie @ LiveCookLove     at 3:50 pm

What a difference 1o weeks can make!! Adorable, as usual. I can’t believe he is already a mango!

Christina     at 3:53 pm

Wow a mango!! That’s amazing! You definitely look healthier than you did in your first trimester. It’s weird saying that since I haven’t seen you in person hahaha! But you look great and you look pregnant not “chubby” which is a good thing. You def look like you’re carrying small though (basically that you’re just tiny to begin with and you don’t look like you’ve had much weight gain). Can’t wait for the papaya picture! :)

Danielle Sparavalo     at 3:54 pm

I just love reading your pregnancy updates. I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I am only in my 14th week, but I am having a very hard time coping with the body changes. I feel like everyday when I wake up something is bigger! haha! You look fantastic!

I’m having a hard time with it too.

colleen     at 3:56 pm

You look wonderful! That glow suits you! We too kept all three of our kids’ names a secret until the birth – a little something private between the two of us. Had a girlfriend who told everyone their name and some family members actually told them it was a bad name – what?!? I couldn’t believe it and she and her husband caved and changed the name due to the negativity.

Yeah we heard some of that too, which is why we ultimately decided to keep it between us until the end. Too much feedback is exactly that – too much.

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life     at 4:01 pm

I don’t think you could be any more adorable!!!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 4:03 pm

Yay! Congrats!

EatLiveRun     at 4:05 pm

You look beautiful, Emily! It’s so fun to read your weekly pregnancy journeys—gives me a lot to look forward to in the future!

Thank you Jenna! :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 4:06 pm

Aaaah welcome to the wonderful world of the 2nd trimester. Isn’t it so much nicer? You look beautiful!!

MUCH better!!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 4:11 pm

I want to eat your baby. Errr….sorry. I just have a craving for mango these days.

You look so great!!! Isn’t it amazing how much the body can change, but also that it will go back too? Trust me. ;)

Your body after baby posts give me SO MUCH HOPE! You look amazing.

Nichole (Flirting with Food, Fitness and Fashion)     at 4:11 pm

You are definately glowing! I can’t believe you have a mango in there and still have just a little belly! Pregnancy still amazes me!

Kelly @foodiefresh     at 4:17 pm

So glad you’re feeling great! You might have already posted about this and I just missed it, but did you consciously decide to not run during pregnancy? I know you were super sick in the beginning and could not run even if you had wanted to, but wasn’t sure if this was a part of the plan all along. I’m interested in learning more about running while pregnant, which is why I ask.

Not really. I always really hoped to be a pregnant runner, but I found that once I was actually pregnant, it was really uncomfortable and I was really anxious about having a miscarriage. Then morning sickness hit and all activity went out the window. I’m working out again now, and considering starting to run again soon, but so far not much running for me. I actually have a lot of guilt and mixed feelings about it.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn     at 4:25 pm

AHH this post made me so happy!!! I love hearing about the “fruit size” of the baby – it is such a beautiful thing, and I cannot be more happy for you. You look STUNNING, I love the motherly glow of yours!!

Laura @ Starting Out Fit     at 4:32 pm

I just have to say that I just LOVE reading your pregnancy posts! You look fantastic!! :)

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life     at 4:52 pm

You are glowing in this weeks pictures!!!!!!! You look fantastic!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 4:53 pm

I got chills reading this one Emily! You look absolutely amazing! You have the glow and it suites you so well. I love that you’re keeping the name a secret. Definitely build the suspense! Besides, it keeps people from judging you for it and making you feel bad for it. We named our second son Maxwell Parker and my mom hated it. I still love it and the name Max totally fits him. Again, you look amazing!

Yeah we got a little TOO much feedback during our initial name conversations, which is why I decided to stop sharing our top choices. I think Maxwell Parker is a great name!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) Reply:

Thanks! Casey was the other name in the hat for a boy (Casey Parker), but in the end Max won out. I would imagine you are a fan of the name Casey as well! Too much opinion in the name decision is no good. Definitely keep it a secret! It’s fun playing with names!

Julie S. Reply:

I think Maxwell Parker is a great name, too!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) Reply:

Thanks Julie!

Eva     at 4:58 pm

I have been reading your blog since last summer but this is my first time commenting. I can relate to your lifestyle – I am a nutritionist and I also LOVE to run (completed my first 1/2 marathon in May). Anyways, I just wanted to say; embrace your changing body and please don’t worry about gaining weight. I have two beautiful kids and I remember the amazing changes my body went through. Once your baby is born you will have your own body back. I actually miss the incredible closeness you feel with the baby as he/she grows inside of you. Please cherish the moment!

Thanks Eva! :)

Kate @ NaturaStride     at 5:02 pm

Love! A mango is the best fruit yet! You’re looking fabulous!

SAMANTHA     at 5:02 pm

SOO CUTE! THERE IS NO SIGN OF ANY “LOVEHANDLES”!! You look great and happy! : )

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 5:08 pm

I cannot wait to hear the name in October! You look fantastic and healthy and happy!

Stephanie @ StephSnacks     at 5:09 pm

I love being able to follow you on this journey! I am not close to being a monther yet, however, I can imagine that the weight gain is difficult. That being said, you have to remind yourself that you put in so much effort into eating ‘clean’ and exercise that you are doing everything in the most healthy way!

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed     at 5:24 pm

You look fantastic!! Thanks for the Nymbler link – how fun! Can’t wait to read about how tomorrow goes :)
Heidi xo

Lauren     at 5:26 pm

I am so happy to hear you are feeling better. You’re definitely though the worst. I know I always say this, but you really do look amazing Emily. :) That baby will be here before you know it!! :)

Tanica     at 5:31 pm

Haha, THREE pounds?? I’ve gained 11! I’m not sure I want to meet up anymore… ;)

Haha not fair! I have a feeling the gain is going to start coming more rapidly now. I’m scared.

RhodeyGirl     at 5:37 pm

Looking good Emily!!! I couldn’t really tell a difference until you put the two pics next to one another- yep, definitely a baby growing in there!!!!!!!

Just this week the kicks are feeling a lot stronger and man is it awesome!!!! I can’t wait for you to feel that too.

Grandma Judy     at 5:38 pm

Can’t wait to meet my little mango… whatever his name is…although “Mango Malone” has a fun ring to it! :)

Hi Grandma Judy! Nice to see you commenting here. :)

Mara @ What's For Dinner?     at 5:43 pm

Have I told you lately that you’re ADORABLE?! I seriously look forward to these updates :) You look fantastic!

Haha thanks Mara! :)

Ashley     at 5:47 pm

I know I say this every week, but that bump could not be any cuter and neither could you!! So glad things are going well and that your appetite is back! Good luck at the appointment!

Kathleen     at 5:56 pm

It’s so great that you are finally feeling better and how exciting that you’re starting to feel little flutters of movement and that you’ve decided on Baby G’s name. You look so healthy and happy, love it,

Covered in Cat Hair     at 6:30 pm

I can’t believe you’ve only gained 3 pounds total! You look great and SO happy!

Thanks! :)

Shayla     at 6:54 pm

Wow you look absolutely incredible Emily!! You’re so tiny for 19 weeks! I know you said you feel big, but you look amazing and a 3 lb. gain at 19 weeks is pretty incredible. I’m happy to hear you’re feeling better and it certainly shows in the pics, you’re glowing! Can’t wait to hear the baby name in October and good luck at your ultrasound, what an exciting time! And I’m still absolutely loving these progress posts, too cute :)

Alaina     at 7:08 pm

You do look so happy, healthy and glowing!!

Can’t wait to hear the baby’s name!!

Christine     at 7:13 pm

I’m planning to (maybe) start doing more than just contemplating a baby starting next year, so I’m loving these updates!

Emily     at 7:42 pm

you look fantastic! love that baby belly.

i can tell you that if you drink some fruit juice, you might encourage that little bean to move more! that feeling is totally the baby moving!

Gina     at 7:47 pm

You look so beautiful in your update photos!

Thank you!

Katy (The Singing Runner)     at 7:49 pm

You look so beautiful! I love these updates!!!

Ah I can’t wait to hear the baby’s name! ;)

Kristen @ The Concrete Runner     at 7:51 pm

Yay for baby kicks! It’s such an amazing feeling, isn’t it?! I still only feel our little girl every few days or so (I’m 20 weeks). At our ultrasound last week, they said the placenta is attached to the front wall of my uterus, so I haven’t been feeling the flutters as much as I should – mine are more like thumps against my belly. But, it was fun to see her so active at the ultrasound. HAVE FUN!

Julie S. Reply:

I had the exact same thing happen when I was pregnant. I didn’t feel anything until after 20 weeks. By the end I wss feeling plenty! One night I was watching TV & the cat was sitting on my lap. The baby gave a good kick, & the cat yowled & jumped off my lap! :)

Krissy - Shiawase Life     at 7:52 pm

OMG! I was skimming the blog entry and thought you were naming your son NYMBLER! LOL =)

Glad I read it wrong!!!! Love these updates!!

Pure2raw twins     at 7:55 pm

you are a gorgeous momma!!!

Babs     at 8:25 pm

you look so adorable pregnant. im glad you’re talking a bit about how it’s difficult to gain weight. it doesn’t seem like people talk about that emotional part of it

Planning to write more about it soon. It has been one of the tougher aspects of pregnancy for me.

Kath     at 9:46 pm

You are gorgeous!

Lu @ A Mix of it All     at 9:48 pm

I’m so happy that you’ve been able to eat again. The beginning of pregnancy is always interesting. I couldn’t go to any restaurants because the smell was too much for me. It’s great that you’re so healthy, too!

I really struggled in restaurants too.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 10:14 pm

I’m guessing you’re not going to tell us your name that you picked out! Congrats on picking one out!!

Keeping it a secret til October! :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 10:21 pm

Aww! Picking the name is so special:)

You look amazing of course and I love the before and current in the same shirt! Really gives some perspective because you really do look small still!

Chase     at 10:24 pm

I totally read too fast and thought the baby’s name was going to be Nymbler. HA! I’m excited for you guys :) And yes, you definitely look pregnant!

Julie S. Reply:

I did the same thing! Was like “Yikes!” for a min. there! :)

You guys had no faith in me! :)

Sara @ lemony snippet Reply:

I thought the same thing!! I thought it was one of those trendy, made-up names for a second!

Staci     at 10:25 pm

You look absolutely amazing! And, not big at all! I love that you’re starting to feel him move. I was about 20 weeks when I felt my son fluttering and it was so amazing!

I wish I could come out there and take pics when you get all pregnant and huge (I mean that in only the most loving way). You’re such a beautiful, pregnant mama!

I wish you could do that toooo!

Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out     at 11:02 pm

There it is!! What a cute lil baby bump!!!

Lisa     at 11:02 pm

You look amazing, Emily!! We’re also keeping the name to ourselves. I’m too superstitious to tell people before she’s born and nervous we’ll change our minds at the last minute and name her something else! Plus, it’s nice to have something that only my husband and I know about our baby girl until she arrives. Can’t believe you’re almost halfway there–so exciting :-)

Thanks Lisa! I miss youuuu!

Lisa Reply:

Miss you too! Can you come back now? ;-)

Katherine     at 11:35 pm

You are glowing!

Jennifer (The Gourmetour)     at 12:52 am

Eeeeek!!! I get so gidy for these posts! As you know, I’ve thought you have looked incredible thus far, but you’re right that you look MUCH happier now.. thank goodness the morning sickness is through! Yay for baby names, have you picked a girls name just incase??

Nope – we’ll see if we end up needing one!

Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East)     at 5:45 am

You are looking so gorgeous! Its so exciting to have a name picked out! I actually used one of those baby name sites where you put in the last name and it gives you 3 names that are most appropriate with your last name to find my daughters name!

Krissy @ Make It Naked     at 7:44 am

Can’t wait to hear the name! You look beautiful!

Brooke @ bittersweetb     at 8:33 am

Cutest baby bump ever!

Julie S.     at 10:23 am

I’m so excited for you that you’re feeling the baby move now! It’s an awesome feeling, isn’t it?! Your butt does NOT look bigger! (Your tummy & boobs do, though.) :) I think you’re wise not to share the baby’s name just ‘cuz you’re bound to get one thoughtless negative comment from someone which will make you rethink it. It helps to have a name to start visualizing that little person. :)

Elisabeth     at 11:03 am

So excited for you both! You’re really looking extra cute this days, Emily :) – you definitely wear pregnancy well. I can’t wait to find out the name! I’m not having a child now, or probably anytime soon, but my favorite boy names are Christian & Isaac.

Both are cute names!

lauren     at 11:56 am

you look fabulous! And also make pregnancy seem not-so frightening! :o)

Sarah @ The Pajama Chef     at 4:41 pm

you look so cute! and way to go on waiting to reveal the name. my husband and i don’t want kids anytime soon but we’ve been married 2 years and picked out baby names the first summer we were married. ha! and it bugs people that we won’t share them… :) but i think keeping them secret is the way to go :)

Cassie @ Back to Her Roots     at 5:34 pm

Eeek! This is my favorite post every week. You and your baby bump are ADORABLE.

Meagan     at 5:40 pm

And now you get to eat the mango :)

Alex     at 8:43 pm

I look forward to these posts all week! I’m not a mommy, but I love learning about what to expect! Can’t wait until week 20…it’s going by so fast!

Amykinz @ Foodie4Healing     at 12:51 am

You do NOT have love handles! You look absolutely radient & most definetly have the “Mommy Glow” about you. :) Also, your hair looks thicker & like it’s growing like a week… a common side effect of pregnancy. I’m so excited for you that you started identifying the baby’s movements! It’s my most favorite part of being pregnant!!! Just wait until you can watch them move from one side of your belly to the other…nothing short of amazing and miraculous! xoxo

Week 34: My Pregnancy Journey. | Daily Garnish     at 12:33 pm

[...] nerd that I am, I was already all over the domain.  We purchased that long ago when we first decided on name.  When he is grown and famous, he will thank me for preserving his spot in cyberspace.  [...]

Preserving Your Baby's Cyber "Space" | Being Pregnant     at 1:56 pm

[...] the nerd that I am, I was already all over the domain.  We purchased that long ago when we first decided on name.  When he is grown and famous, he will thank me for preserving his spot in cyberspace.  (I am [...]

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Pregnancy #2: Halfway There (Weeks 19 & 20).     at 8:16 pm

[...] – someone commented that it would be fun to see the side by side photos in the same outfits as last time.  So I mustered up a bit more effort, and pulled out the same shirt (different [...]

Reachout Wireless     at 9:56 am

Reachout Wireless…

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Week 19: My Pregnancy Journey….