West Coast Arrival.

We made it!  Life in the West Coast has officially begun.  I kicked off my travel day with a 6:30am cross-country flight, and landed in Seattle around 10am local time.  Our plan was for me to arrive in Seattle and head to our new house, while Casey, the dogs, and his mom continued their road-trip to the final destination.

I hopped in a cab and began my Seattle adventures all by myself – it felt very surreal and strange to be here all alone in our new city.  One very expensive cab ride later, I made it to our NEW HOUSE!  I walked in the door and was greeted with this…

I have never had a female landlord before, and she is so amazingly NICE!  What a wonderful way to be greeted into our new home.

One of my favorite thing about our new space is all the LIGHT pouring in all of the windows.  Can’t wait to take some lovely food photos on these countertops…

Grabbed my camera and ran around snapping pictures before the space was taken over with boxes and moving madness.

After only about 30 minutes of waiting by myself, there was a ring at the doorbell.  Guess who joined me here in Seattle?

I think the dogs may have thought they would never see me again.  They were pretty excited to explore their new backyard and house – lots of rolling in the grass and racing the staircases ensued.

Since we left Virginia, they spent 10 nights in 3 different kennels, over 44 hours of travel time in the car, and slept in 4 different hotels across the country.  They are amazing.

Even more amazing was being reunited with Casey.  We had the world’s longest hug at the front door, and I never wanted to let go.  Eventually after we all got comfortable at the house, we headed out for some much needed lunch.  We ended up at Homegrown – a delicious local sandwich shop with all sorts of amazing vegetarian options.

They had a GIANT chalkboard wall of selections.  Can’t wait to try them all!

I opted for a cup of their vegan veggie lentil soup, which was fabulous.

And “The Vegan” – which was a whole grain roll with pickled vegetables, frisee slaw, and an edamame wasabe hummus.

Casey got some sort of broccoli paprika melt that I can’t wait to try next time.

Even though we were all stuffed from lunch, we couldn’t resist walking over to The Flying Apron bakery.  Would you believe that these are all organic, vegan, and gluten-free?

With zero food in the house, two boxes of baked goods felt necessary.  YUM.

Shortly after our food excursion, we got a phone call from our movers that they would not be arriving on Tuesday as promised.  I was less than pleased, but what can you do?  Rather than get upset, we decided to roll with it and make it work.

We headed to Target where of course we inevitably spent hundreds of dollars getting all the things you need when you move.  And because our movers are stranding us in an empty house for a bit, we also bought sheets, towels, and extra air-mattress, etc.  We figured we’d rather spend the money on things we can keep instead of another night in a hotel!

After a very long day of traveling, a much needed shower made me feel brand new.  Tina was wonderful and offered to stay home with the pups last night so that Casey and I could leave the house and enjoy an anniversary date night out!  Moving to the West Coast has definitely made this an anniversary to remember.

New house!  Just the back door.  :)

After the long day, we opted for easy comfort food in the neighborhood instead of a fancy night out.  We ended up at Blue Moon Burgers, which I had scoped out ahead of time online.

We started with fried pickle spears.  Don’t judge.

And we split the small fries, since we figured we already had an abundance of fried food.

This was hands down the best veggie burger I’ve ever had.  And to make it better, they actually had two different veggie patty options – that never happens!  I did the build your own with a vegetable patty, white cheddar cheese, and pickles on a potato roll.

It was so nice of Tina to stay at the house so that Casey and I could have an anniversary date.  After the long day, it was lights out when we got back – the time change is killing me!  Thank god we packed our air mattress and sheets juuuuust in case something happened with the movers…

This morning we were up early, since I am still on East Coast time for now.  The dogs are being precious angels.  There is NOwhere to sit in our new place, so we got them new beds so that they will have a comfy place to rest.

I think they are going to survive.

Meanwhile the kitchen counter has become my home office.

There is not a single place to sit or relax in our house, so I’m working from the counter top.  My lower back is aching!  Can’t wait for our couch to arrive (hopefully) tomorrow.

Eeeeeeeeek I can’t believe this is our new home!!  Crossing every finger and toe that our truck arrives tomorrow, so that we can being to settle into the new place.  Time to go grocery shopping!

Lauren     at 4:20 pm

Yay for the new place! It’s beautiful. Best of luck with the settling in!

Kamaile     at 4:21 pm

I love the new house and the FOOD options you have are AWESOME! I love Seattle!

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 4:22 pm

Welcome to your new home!! It looks lovely and what a sweet landlord.

I’m so impressed you already found all those veggie-friendly restaurants… not that I ever doubted you.

Can’t wait to see progress pics! Of the house… the bump… the nursery… you know, everything :)

Billy     at 4:22 pm

We are very happy for you. My wife, Cindy, and I just found our new place today in the Del Ray area…just outside your old stomping ground:-)

Sharon Owen     at 4:22 pm

I CANNOT wait to see how you set it up!!
I hate moving, but I LOVE having a new place and all the fun it brings (weird, huh??!)

Good Luck and Continued Blessings!!

~Sharon

Freya     at 4:23 pm

I love love love the new place, and that kitchen! It’s like my dream type of kitchen :)
Your dogs are so spoilt to get new beds – they have awesome owners!

Jess     at 4:24 pm

WELCOME to the Pacific Northwest! I’m so happy everyone made it safe and sound. Those flowers are beautiful and it sounds like you made the right decision with the house! Here’s hoping you get furniture soon! (by the way, so jealous you live that close to Flying Apron. I just got her cookbook and have been drooling over recipes the last few days!)

Gina @ RunningtotheKitchen     at 4:24 pm

The new place looks so nice, excited to see pics when it’s all set up. Good luck getting settled when the movers finally get there!

Abby     at 4:24 pm

Your new home is beautiful! The flowers on arrival must have been such a great surprise! :)

Kelly     at 4:24 pm

You are my second friend to be pregnant during a move and the one thing I’ve learned is that if you’re pregnant, you don’t have to help with the lugging stuff around part of the move. So I’m wondering how I can get pregnant before Brad and I move again. :) Just kidding. hehe

Debbie B (Debarooroo)     at 4:24 pm

Congrats on making it!! That’s adorable the landlord left flowers!

Michelle     at 4:26 pm

Welcome to Seattle! My husband and I made the cross-country move from the Midwest almost four years ago, and it very quickly became home. Have fun checking out all of the great food in this city!

Nadine     at 4:28 pm

The new place looks fantastic! Glad that the whole family is settling in.

Alex @ fightcancerwithfood     at 4:28 pm

Aw the house looks lovely! Looks like you’re on track for an awesome life there :) And I’m massively jealous of those vegan sandwiches…

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey     at 4:28 pm

Your new home is beautiful, even without furniture! Those darn movers… they better show up. ;)

~

Lisa Fine     at 4:29 pm

Yay! Glad you made it to Seattle safely, and that you’re all together again.

You’re going to have an amazing time in Seattle with the food. I’ve heard it’s a great place for organic, local, and vegetarian choices, and would love to check it out for myself one day.

The only place I’ve had a choice of veggie burgers is a place I love in Montreal – they offer three kinds of veggie burgers, and they’re all incredibly delicious.

Rachel (Olalliberry)     at 4:29 pm

Welcome to the Northwest! Your house looks lovely, although I’m sure it will be so nice to finally get all of your stuff!

I seriously need to find some fried pickles, they sound so good!

Chelsea     at 4:29 pm

YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep     at 4:29 pm

Yay!!! I’ve been refreshing my Google Reader waiting for this post. I love your new house, and I’m so glad you all arrived safely!

Lisa     at 4:30 pm

So glad you’ve all arrived safely and you were able to celebrate your anniversary–the food pictures have me drooling at my desk!! I’m starting a list of restaurants we must go to when visit Seattle. And seriously, what a sweet landlord. Our tenants are getting married in 2 weeks so we’re going to put a bottle of champagne in their fridge for when they get back from their honeymoon. I wish I had us for a landlord when I lived in apartments ;-)

Jen     at 4:30 pm

Welcome home Emily! I hope you get all of your furniture by tomorrow. And thanks for making me crave some fries :)

Maria     at 4:30 pm

I’m glad you got there safely. I love your kitchen, can’t wait to see what meals you whip up.

Chase     at 4:31 pm

So happy for you guys! The house looks amazing! What an exciting adventure! I absolutely love the pictures of the dogs running around!

Therese     at 4:31 pm

Geez, is it weird that you’re making me want to move again?! A new place, new opportunities, a new life?! FUN!!! Hopefully the movers show up ASAP and you can start decorating!!!

Beth     at 4:31 pm

That sandwich from Homegrown looks awesome; I’ll need to try it sometime!
I moved to Seattle nearly 4 years ago and I had similar issues with movers not showing up when expected. Fortunately, my moving expenses were covered by the company I was about to start working for, so it wasn’t a big deal.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 4:32 pm

I’m impressed with your food options in Seattle. Awesome! Good luck getting settled.

Krissy (Make It Naked)     at 4:33 pm

Ahh! I’m so excited for you! I sort of want to move now. And eat fried pickles.

Michelle (your girlfriend for fitness)     at 4:33 pm

I have a very strong craving for a veggie cheese burger with pickles and fries, lol.

So glad you had safe travels and were reunited with the hubby and puppies soon after you arrived. These will definitely be moments you will remember forever :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 4:36 pm

That is so nice of your landlord! And the place looks beautiful. It will feel homey in no time!

And for the record – two boxes of baked goods always seems necessary to me. ;)

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin     at 4:38 pm

Wow Congrats on making it!!! I love that you got an anniversary date night out and can’t wait to hear how this move unfolds as you settle into your new city, new coast, and new home!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn     at 4:38 pm

What a beautiful kitchen!!! And HOME. I cannot believe you found such a great place for rent!

I am drooling over those baked goods, we have a vegan and gluten-free bakery near-by but it isn’t as top notch as I would like:(

kate     at 4:40 pm

the new house is gorgeous! i cant wait to see more of seattle through your blog.

Kat     at 4:41 pm

Sooooo strange that you live in my neighborhood!! I adore Homegrown – their breakfast sandwiches are my favorite and the people who work there are so nice!

Kate @ NaturaStride     at 4:42 pm

Nice! Glad you guys made it safely! Your new home is beautiful and the flowers I’m sure made it feel a little more like home.
I couldn’t agree more with the oh-so-necessary Target trip! My husband and I have moved 3 times together, most recently a month ago into Philly, and I think we spent more than $300 at Target! Not proud of it, but what can you do.
Can’t wait to hear all about the moving-in process and all the fabulous new restaurants you’re gonna try! Glad to hear you’re feeling well too and kept a positive perspective.

Lynne     at 4:44 pm

From a Seattle area reader…welcome to Seattle!!!

Natalie Rae     at 4:44 pm

Make sure to check out silence-heart-nest (LOTS of vegetarian/vegan) and The Roxy for great breakfast/brunch food- Quazi(sp?) is my favorite Indian in the neighborhood- Revel is a new spot that is AMAZING- and be sure to spend some time on The Fremont Coffee Company’s deck (free wi-fi) Enjoy your new neighborhood :)

Shari     at 4:47 pm

What a beautiful house — enjoy every moment of turning it into your new, wonderful home :)

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.)     at 4:47 pm

Your new place looks lovely. I’m so happy you guys are back together again!

Radha     at 4:51 pm

So happy about your new home! Looks like it will be a great place. XO

Kate     at 4:51 pm

As a Seattle reader – welcome to Seattle. Also welcome to the neighborhood. That area is a great introduction to Seattle (we have since moved over the eastside with our jobs). The PCC hotbar is amazing and the Flying Apron is much better than the vegan/gluten free crepe shop that used to be there (blech). Also Peets has some great coffee.

Super weird – but I think I used to have the same landlord.

Good luck with the rest of the move/unpacking!

Amanda @ Still Life with Duck     at 4:56 pm

Welcome to Seattle!!!

I eat at Homegrown all the time and have photos of their sandwiches all over my blog too! What photogenic food. :)

And I can’t believe you found fried pickles on your first day here. Not much Southern food here in Seattle. I must try.

Kathi     at 5:00 pm

I have to admit that this brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad that you and Casey are back together where you belong. We still wait for our house to sell and the time away from my husband has been to take a toll on me. I just want to be together. sigh….

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen     at 5:06 pm

You’re not going to miss your house in Old Town at all with a kitchen like that! So jealous of all that natural light and counter space!

Belle     at 5:09 pm

Hi Emily! Eagerly reading your posts on your move to wonderful Seattle. My fiance and I will be making the cross country move ourselves (from Arlington, VA) in November, with dog and cat in tow. We actually just got back from a lovely 10-day vacation there, and we were able to decide on a neighborhood to move into (Ballard). It’s not far from Fremont, as you probably know! :) Good luck to you and your family as you settle in!

Holly@http://runtoeatworktoshop.blogspot.com/     at 5:09 pm

What a beautiful place!!! Congrats! My husband and I own two duplexes…I will have to remember that nice welcome when we get a new tenant. How sweet!!

Michelle (The Runner's Plate)     at 5:13 pm

Bummer the movers couldn’t arrive when they had planned.

I can only imagine how wonderful it felt to be reunited with your husband!

Love the new place, and I can’t wait to keep reading about your adventures!

Stacy @ Stacy Eats     at 5:15 pm

Happy anniversary and congrats on the big move! Here’s to hoping the movers get there soon!

Alaina     at 5:16 pm

That house looks so warm and inviting! I love the kitchen!

I’m crossing my fingers and toes for you that your stuff arrives soon! :-)

Gwen     at 5:17 pm

What a whirlwind! Fingers crossed that your stuff gets there tomorrow! Can’t wait to hear more :)

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 5:17 pm

Congratulations! The new house looks great

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma)     at 5:18 pm

It looks like such a nice house! I’m sorry your guys stuff hasn’t come yet! I hope it does soon! All that food looked amazing and made me very jealous. I hope you’ll enjoy the west coast. :)

erica     at 5:19 pm

your new place is amazing! :)
and what a sweet, thoughtful, and unexpected thing do to by your landlord!!!

hope your movers get there soon!

Julie (Food & Other Things)     at 5:24 pm

Your new place looks beautiful!And those boxes of baked goods look delicious!

SaraRM     at 5:26 pm

It looks just beautiful. How sweet of your landlord to have flowers waiting! I know it has to be frustrating to not have your stuff but it sounds like you are doing a good job at making the best of it.

Fingers crossed for deievery tomorrow! :)

Lindsay     at 5:31 pm

I have been so excited to read your first Seattle post and it didn’t disappoint. Glad you are all there safe and sound :)

Kim     at 5:33 pm

that is a gorgeous house!! how do you have such good luck with rentals?!

Gina     at 5:39 pm

Yay! I love Homegrown…and Flying Apron…and Blue Moon Burger!! Mickey and I walked to Blue Moon a couple of weeks ago (different location) for the first time…I can’t believe it took us almost 2 years to try…it’s so yummy…and they use local ingredients…win! I hope the your movers get there ASAP!

Lindsay     at 5:42 pm

Welcome to Seattle!!!!

Alexa @ Simple Eats     at 5:46 pm

I’m so glad you got there safe and sound! You guys must feel so relieved to finally have everything settled!

Stephanie @ StephSnacks     at 5:47 pm

Your new place is gorgeous–love that fire place in the corner. It also looks like you have some good eats in your area! Congrats!

Meg     at 5:50 pm

Welcome to Seattle! I’ve never been to Blue Moon but I love Red Mill burgers in Phinney Ridge and Interbay. It’s where I had my first veggie burger EVER (never looked back!).

Paige     at 5:53 pm

Living vicariously through you right now – going apartment hunting in Connecticut Thursday! I hope we find an apartment at least 50% as beautiful as your new Seattle home. :)

Melanie @ Trial By Trail     at 5:56 pm

Welcome to Seattle Emily! I hope the movers arrive soon so you can start nesting. Just let me know if you need anything – we live near Seattle too.

Adrienne     at 5:57 pm

Hi Emily,

I’ve been following your blog for nearly a year now (found through Kath Eats) and I think given your personality and interests, Seattle is totally the spot for you! If it’s still there go visit an amazing breakfast place called Crave, you won’t regret it one bit! Also take a yoga class from a woman called Laura Prudhomme- you won’t regret that either! Best of luck in your new city!

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 5:58 pm

Your new place looks amazing, and I’m so glad you got to reunite finally on your anniversary. I’m sure there will be lots of cool adventures ahead!

Ann @ Day By Day     at 5:59 pm

Wow! I can’t imagine how exciting it must be to be in your new home and with a new city to explore. I think Seattle’s one of the greatest in the US. And seeing your veggie burger makes me want to make another trip there ASAP!

Amanda     at 6:00 pm

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset     at 6:03 pm

That house looks gorgeous! I love the hard wood floors, always a nice look :)
Good luck with the unpacking business, it shall be over before you know it!

Daniella     at 6:07 pm

How exciting! Congrats on the lovely new place!

P.S. I LOVE fried pickles. A place by my house makes the best ones, and one of the waitresses knows I always want them!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut     at 6:24 pm

Welcome to the West Coast Emily :) I know you will love it here.

I want to visit the Flying Apron bakery too. My fiance gifted me the book after I mentioned that I would love to have it after seeing it from your blog :)

Btw, what is your favorite recipe in that book?

I actually don’t have the cookbook! I need to get it!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut     at 6:25 pm

P.S. Your blog is still on East Coast time. he he!

Kristy@RunTheLongRoad     at 6:26 pm

Your house looks gorgeous! Have fun decorating and settling in!

RunEatRepeat     at 6:33 pm

Yah! Glad you made it safe :)

bitt     at 6:34 pm

I knew the city just felt different, welcome! Glad the sun arrived in time for you.

Flying Apron is amazing. The woman who owns it is so sweet and they made our wedding cake. My husband is seriously addicted to those cinnamon rolls. The more sugar glaze the better.

I really LOVE the first pic of the pup with his tongue out. (sorry forgot his name, I know the other is indy). When they are ready for a double date with my lady pups, let me know! The dog park awaits!

bitt Reply:

Huey! Sorry, love that name.

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen     at 6:40 pm

Your new house is beautiful!!

Syndie     at 6:46 pm

Yay Emily!! So happy you guys are there together. I hope the movers show tomorrow. Good Luck :-)

Cait @ Beyond Bananas     at 7:07 pm

LOVING your new home. Glad you are reunited with your hubby too.. a stressful time.. so it must have truly felt amazing to be with him again.
I LOVE your kitchen. Hope your things arrive soon.. can’t wait to see everything in its place.

kathleen     at 7:11 pm

So happy that you are all reunited and settling into the new place. My husband and I slept on an aero bed (in our master walk-in closet) the first few nights in our new house before our furniture arrived. We didn’t have window coverings and the house was super bright. Lots of fun memories. Your place is awesome and you MUST recreate that veggie burger in the future, drooling…YUM!

Elsa     at 7:23 pm

Your house looks so great! Love the windows and wood floors. How exciting!

Cindy     at 7:27 pm

Welcome to Seattle! We’ve lived her 13 years and love it, and your coming at just the right time for warm weather and sun. Have fun getting to know your new digs! Cindy, a long-time reader from Bothell ;-)

Reading (and chickens)     at 7:31 pm

Welcome to Seattle! And even the sun is out today to say hi!

Angela     at 7:49 pm

Blue Moon Burgers is our favorite place in town for a veggie burger. I learned the hard way to always get the “veggie burger” and not “spicy black bean burger,” as they are serious about the word spicy! Welcome to the Northwest!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 7:51 pm

Welcome home Emily! Enjoy your new adventure!

Ashley     at 8:02 pm

SO exciting!!! The eats in this post look so good I may cry. BOTH of those sandwiches and the fried pickles..omg. Not to mention the desserts..vegan + GF…please lead the way! :) Can’t wait for you to get all of your things. Good luck!

Kathleen     at 8:12 pm

Good luck getting settled.What great food!

Lauren     at 8:27 pm

Your landlord seems so cute! Good sign at least! Love your place and all that delicious looking food!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 8:55 pm

Love your new place! My husband and I were just in Seattle on vacation last week and we loved every part of that city. I didn’t want to come home! Oh, and Homegrown is amazing, I wanted everything on that menu!

Meagan     at 8:57 pm

This is so exciting! I’ve been waiting expectantly for this post! The food looks amazing – I totally wish I could visit the sandwich shop and that GF bakery. The dogs look cute too :)

Meagan     at 9:00 pm

I just looked at the bakery’s website and all I have to say is – I WANT A HAZELNUT MAPLE MUFFIN!!

Christina     at 9:11 pm

Glad you arrived safely! I was just in Seattle for vacation and loved it, the food we ate was amazing and I’m drooling over the food in this post. If you’re up for trying a non-vegan pizza place you have to give Serious Pie a try sometime, we loved it!

Lauren     at 9:11 pm

YAY so happy you made it! :) Wow what a trip. The house looks stunning and its so nice to have a great landlord! :) So happy for you guys.

Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out     at 9:16 pm

Aww, puppies!! Glad everyone made it there safe.

And no judgement with fried pickles. They are YUM!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 9:18 pm

Yay for getting settled! Your new house is gorgeous!

colleen     at 9:21 pm

Welcome to your new home! Glad everyone and doggie made the trip.

Ali     at 9:26 pm

Your new place looks amazing. The natural light is fabulous and enough to make anyone feel instantly at home. And that food… where do I start?!?! It all looked delicious. Congrats and best wishes on everything!

Kari     at 9:27 pm

Welcome to the West Coast! Every time I see people eating awesome vegan friendly food in the northwest I just want to pack up and move home to Portland. It looks awesome, especially those desserts.

Anne Marie     at 9:30 pm

Your new place looks gorgeous!! Your doggies seem awful happy too :) Have a total blast!!

Jeni     at 9:32 pm

Welcome to Seattle! As a fellow vegetarian foodie, I wanted to let you know that you’ve arrived just in time for next weekend’s annual cheese festival down at Pike’s Market. (Not to be missed!)

Sarah @ The Pajama Chef     at 9:52 pm

beautiful home! hope the movers arrive soon :)

Jaime     at 10:12 pm

Hi Emily,

I am a new reader to your blog and just wanted to say hi. I just moved from Seattle and miss it SO much. Love Homegrown (and Flying Apron)! Are you living in Fremont? Good luck with the unpacking and hope you like your new city!

Lu @ A Mix of it All     at 10:30 pm

It’s awful to wait for furniture. I’m glad that you made it “cross-country” safely. The new house looks great, I can’t wait to see your furniture in your new place. This one looks a lot bigger.

Katy     at 10:34 pm

Welcome to Seattle! You are in my neck of the woods – I work just about a block away from Homegrown (such and AWESOME restaurant by the way).

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet     at 10:53 pm

You’re house is beautiful! I love how bright and open it it, and all of the hardwood and neutral colors :)

I’m glad that you all arrived safely, and I hope that your movers get there soon!

Mary     at 11:01 pm

Welcome!! So glad you all made it safe and sound and in time for a day of SUN :) I hope the movers get there soon and that unloading goes smoothly.

Tori (Fresh Fruition)     at 11:02 pm

GORGEOUS house! And those baked goods look too good to be true. Save me a bite? :)

Whitney     at 11:13 pm

Welcome to Seattle!! Your new place looks amazing – makes me thinking that we need to look for a place in Fremont, too! :)

I drive by Blue Moon Burgers every morning on my way in to work, it was good to see a review! Those veggie burgers sound YUM!

Happy anniversary – I hope you guys enjoyed some sunshine this afternoon. I think the rain and gloom should be back tomorrow…..but that will be just fine since you will be indoors getting things unpacked.

Again, welcome! :)

Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit     at 11:54 pm

that house is gorgeous girl! i’m glad the move went well so far!

Jenna     at 12:12 am

Welcome to Seattle. I spent Sunday in Ballard and had a great time. It is definitely a great area of the city.

lee     at 12:33 am

Glad to hear you and the whole clan made it safely to Seattle. I have to admit – I am super jealous of the kitchen. It looks amazing!

Hope you enjoy settling into your new home. =)

Jaclyn     at 1:00 am

Welcome to Seattle!!!! So glad to have you here! :D

Looks like you have already hit up some amazingly delicious (Fremont?) foodie establishments – well done, ha! :) We should do a blogger lunch soon for Seattle bloggers to properly welcome you! ;)

Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East)     at 4:56 am

Your new house looks beautiful! Glad you both made it to your new home safely!

Bethany     at 5:32 am

Emily your new place is GORGEOUS. Dang girl. Congrats on the move, the anniversary, and this new chapter in your life!!

Rhona @ Redwinerunner.co.uk     at 7:02 am

I’m so excited for you! Your new home looks so lovely and bright – and spacious too!
I love fried pickle spears – I got to try them for the first time when I visited the US recently. We need them over here in Scotland!

Dan     at 8:00 am

Congratulations on your two year anniversary! I am sure that Seattle will treat you both very well. Keep up the good posts.

Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle)     at 8:21 am

Congratulations on the new place! Such an exciting time in your life!

alyce     at 8:27 am

what a gorgeous new home! congratulations on making it out there :) i can imagine that’s going to be an amazing place to start your new family!

Katy     at 8:28 am

The new house is gorgeous, Emily!! Love it!

Cindy Robinson     at 10:09 am

How fun, and exciting!! I’m enjoying a new home and new city vicarously through you. I think the “two vegetarian burger” option is a sign you were meant to be in this city :) Have fun unpacking your stuff and setting up a new home for new adventures.

Jess     at 10:20 am

The new place looks fabulous, congrats on completing your move!

Also, I want that bakery to open in my neighborhood!

meredith     at 10:29 am

cute post! house looks beautiful.

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 10:35 am

omg your new place is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! What a great landlord too!

Grace     at 11:01 am

Congratulations on the new house! I lived in Seattle for 2 years as an East Coast transplant – and it was AMAZING. I’m back east for grad school, but I hope to return to Seattle one day. Hint: definitely check out Tom Douglas’ restaurants! And Cinnamon Works Bakery in Pike Place Market – lots of healthy vegan/GF baked goods :)

Cat     at 11:23 am

I have never commented on your blog before, but have been a lurker for about a month now. I am SO excited to see ‘Seattle’ in your blog! I love recognizing things….like the Flying Apron Bakery…YUM! I am excited to see all the things you will find in my hometown that I don’t know about yet! Funny how that happens.
Welcome to Seattle!! :)

Elisabeth     at 11:34 am

Congratulations on everyone making it safely to your new home! That really stinks the movers were not there as promised…however, you both majorly handled it in stride! Can’t believe you took it so well :)

Rianne     at 11:36 am

Yahoo!!! I’m glad everyone arrived in Seattle safe and sound! I hope the movers arrive today :-)

Carol     at 11:37 am

YEAH!!! WOHOOO! SO happy for both of you:) Glad you are slowly getting settled it. The rest will come:) Hope you have a great day!

Amber K     at 11:40 am

How exciting! That is such a bummer that they aren’t showing up when they were supposed to. But you have such a great attitude about it :)

Nicole     at 12:40 pm

The house looks great, congrats to making it through such a crazy week and a belated Happy Anniversary!!

Lindsey     at 12:46 pm

Welcome to Seattle! I have lived here for 9+ years and I absolutely love it. Let me know if you have questions or want recommendations on anything. Although you’ve already found HomeGrown so looks like you are on the right track!

kelsey     at 1:01 pm

Welcome to Seattle! Your new house looks gorgeous, and I’m glad to hear Casey and the pups got here safely. Good luck unpacking and setting up your house, and I hope I bump into you in the neighborhood soon!

Anne @ Baking Me     at 1:31 pm

That veggie burger looks amazing and it looks like your dogs have settled right in :)

Julia     at 3:53 pm

Welcome to the west coast (ok so southern california isn’t quite the same as Seattle)! Your new home is beautiful! And wow, I have never seen a more delicious looking veggie burger before.

Bronwyn Coyne     at 4:01 pm

Welcome to the West Coast! So cool to have another big blogger on this side of the continent. Greetings from just a little bit north (Vancouver, Canada!).

LauraJayne     at 4:20 pm

I’m glad you made it safely – and your new home looks beautiful – and I’m sure you will make it even more beautiful! Congrats on your anniversary, and I can’t wait to hear about your new Seattle adventures!

LoriV. @ For the Run of It     at 6:06 pm

Emily, I love the look of your notebook. Please share what kind it is!!!

LoriV. @ For the Run of It     at 6:07 pm

Oh, and now we live in the same state! Welcome to the PNW! I do hope your movers get there quickly!

Autumn Tao     at 6:45 pm

1. I can’t believe you live in Seattle now.
2. I knew I’d be jealous of all the vegan options!

afarmerinthedell.com     at 6:49 pm

I am SO jealous! I am on the east coast and my heart is on the west coast. Seattle is AMAZING!! All the great food and nice people. You are going to love your new city!

Heather     at 7:21 pm

So glad you made it! Your house looks beautiful! Flying Apron is definitely ah-mazing. You may have just enticed me to visit there this week. It’s been a while since I’ve stopped by. Kudos to your dogs – that is a long trip and a lot of change to take on. But it looks like they are going with the flow. :)

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts     at 7:53 pm

Beautiful house! And amazing vegetarian / vegan food :) I hope your furniture arrives as planned and you enjoy the final settling in stages.

fittingbackin     at 8:43 pm

Well this just warmed my heart – I loved all of the reunions! look at those happy puppers- they did so good! I’m glad you love your new home – it looks fabulous and your landlord seems like SUCH a sweet, thoughtful person!

laura (starloz)     at 8:52 pm

your new place is adorable.

Heather     at 9:25 pm

Welcome home, Emily, Casey, Huey and Indy!

Kristin @ FoodFash     at 10:09 pm

Congratulations!! I bet those flowers brightened your already exciting day, how sweet of your landlord!

Marty     at 11:40 pm

What a nice surprise from your landlady – flowers! And happy, happy dogs – cozy beds and mom and dad together again! Happy Anniversary and hello Seattle! Love your new space and local food haunts look like a great start to your exploring your new home.

Jenna     at 1:21 am

Welcome to Seattle! Flying Apron is so awesome, I’m glad you found it! I’ve also been wanting to go to Homegrown to get that vegan sandwich :) Good luck with getting settled in!

Tracy     at 5:36 am

What a sweet landlady! I m glad youo made it okay and best of luck in your new home!!

Ashley Janiak     at 10:06 am

What a great new adventure for you and your family! I’ll have to live vicariously through you! :)

Nancy     at 11:23 am

Welcome to Seattle!

Janine     at 1:05 pm

Love Blue Moon! I’m not a big fry eater, but I love theirs :)

Glad you all made it safe and sound

Janine

Leah @ L4L     at 8:05 pm

What area of Seattle are you living in? I’m assuming Fremont if you went to BMB. We lived in Northgate for awhile and now we’re on the other side of the water but visit the city frequently.

Bethany @ More Fruit Please     at 11:40 pm

Since you liked Flying Apron so much, I’m sure you’ll appreciate this Groupon if you haven’t seen it already! http://www.groupon.com/deals/flying-apron-2

Melinda     at 1:26 pm

Congrats on your move! Seattle is my favorite city- love Pikes Place Market! Your new home is beautiful!

My husband and I are moving as well right now- can’t wait until we move into our new home this year! :)