For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Breathtaking.

Summer most definitely came to Seattle this weekend!  I was determined to spend as much time out in the sunshine as possible.  After getting up early and walking 5.5 miles around Greenlake with Casey, Sarah and I headed to Golden Gardens for an afternoon at the BEACH!

Until we drove over there yesterday, I had no idea that something so gorgeous was hiding just ten short minutes from my house.  Literally breathtaking.

While the pictures are pretty, they do no justice to actually sitting there and taking it all in.

The grass and beach were filled with families, dogs, picnickers, sunbathers, adorable babies, and everyone else in Seattle.

The sun was hot, but there was a wonderful cool breeze coming off the mountains.  It was perfect.

This was my first of many days exploring the Seattle beaches, and I can’t wait to try out all of the others.  I feel so lucky to live somewhere so beautiful!

After a long day in the sun, we cooled down back at the house before heading out for a delicious dinner with Casey.  We tried a new (to us) spot in Fremont called Chiso for vegetarian sushi!

Starting with edamame…

And a veggie tempura appetizer.  My favorite was the eggplant!

Casey got some sort of yummy vegan veggie and rice bowl.

While Sarah and I split a few sushi rolls!

Sarah was a fan of the tempura onion ring.

One of the things I missed the most when I stopped eating fish was sushi.  Vegetarian sushi is the perfect substitute!

A perfect end to a perfect Seattle day.

katie @ KatieDid     at 4:03 pm

WOW! It’s so gorgeous there, I’m sure it was breathtaking. I had no idea Seattle had so much natural beauty.

Sara Winter     at 5:15 pm

Your pictures are wonderful! I’ve lived here my whole life and days like we had on Saturday make putting up with the darkness in January worth it. I’m glad you are enjoying it here.

Whitney Reply:

I completely agree! :)

Haalat     at 5:41 pm

Wow! pretty photos! I would love to visit this beautiful city… enjoy it.

Stephanie     at 7:42 pm

It was definitely a beautiful weekend here in Seattle. Glad you and sister made it to Golden Gardens. It has a special place in my heart since that is where my husband proposed just 2 years ago! You should definitely check out Discovery Park. It is also really close to Fremont and it has beautiful views of Puget Sound and a great place for a run or to walk the dogs.

Alaina     at 11:14 pm

Those views look stunning! I cannot wait to visit Seattle. :-)

Whitney     at 10:51 am

:) We try to keep the stunning scenery a secret so that we don’t get too many transplants from other states (but I am glad that you guys are here!!)! Ha ha! We like to keep up the “it rains ALL.THE.TIME stereotype as much as possible :) Glad to see that you guys were able to enjoy the sunshine last weekend….looks like we are back to gray today…..

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 2:35 pm

Gorgeous photos! I can’t wait to move to Seattle!

Emma @ Getting There & Going Places     at 5:01 pm

Wow gorgeous indeed! :D
Vegetarian sushi is the best and not that different from normal sushi! I love it! :D

Amykinz @ Foodie4Healing     at 10:31 pm

Gorgeous! I am in LOVE with that picture of the old couple on the bench. Soooo sweet. :)

Liza     at 9:46 pm

Wow! I was visiting Seattle and went for a run around Greenlake Sunday morning! What a beautiful day– and the mountains were out all weekend. :) That beach looks lovely too!

running shoes