For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

My Favorite Pregnancy Resources.

One of the best parts about sharing my pregnancy with the world has been the amazing support and encouragement I’ve been give from other readers who are pregnant now, hoping to be pregnant soon, or experienced moms already.  Prior to becoming pregnant myself, I knew as much about pregnancy as the next person.  Within a few hours of seeing those positive double lines, I was running to the computer to research everything I could get my hands on.

Many of you have asked what books, websites, and blogs I have used for sources of pregnancy information, and I figured now half-way through my pregnancy, it’s probably time to share!  There are so many pregnancy resources available, and I’m sure I don’t even know about half of them.  But here are some of my favorite places to check when I am in need of some baby talk.

BLOGS

It probably comes as no surprise that blogs have actually been my favorite pregnancy resource.  I am lucky enough to have many pregnant blogging friends, some due before me, some due after, and some who just had babies!  Here are the blogs that I regularly check to hear first person accounts of babies and parenting!

WEBSITES

In addition to blogs, there are a few other great parenting and pregnancy websites that I have used a lot for researching information – everything from “what should I be eating?” to “how big is the baby?”

Books

With so much great information on the internet now, I haven’t actually really read many pregnancy or parenting books, but here are the few that I have bought and enjoyed!

The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy    Baby Bargains: Secrets to Saving 20% to 50% on baby furniture, gear, clothes, toys, maternity wear and much, much more!    Feed the Belly: The Pregnant Mom's Healthy Eating Guide

So that is my (short) list of the most common references I use for figuring out this whole pregnancy thing.  What are some of your favorites that I might not know about?  I always love finding new pregnancy blogs!

Last but not least, I have a new post up over on Babble about Embracing Maternity Clothes, so if you’re interested head over and check it out!

Jen R. (emeraldsunshine.org)     at 1:50 am

I really liked the Mayo guides, Parents Magazine (like any magazine or pop culture type info, I take it with a grain of salt), Babycenter, and then child development psychology textbooks and guides. :)

I also have a ton of activities books for birth to five years of age that were great for ways to bond with baby and do fun learning activities together. We do a lot of “home school” type activities even long before kids were of school age, because they were fun and easy ways to fill time and bond. I read a lot of homeschooling blogs as a way to learn more about various activities that I can do out of my kitchen, backyard, or library now that my kids are almost 7 and 5.

Kristin @ STUFT Mama     at 3:19 am

I’m a mom of 1 1/2 year old twin boys (and a newbie to the healthy living blog world). It’s sooo much fun (both blogging and being a MOM)! I’m so excited for you. Baby Bargains is AWESOME!!!! They have another book out Baby 411 that is a must-have also. I looked up everything in that book. Once your new little addition is here you’ll want some other books as well. Let me know when you’re ready for those reccommendations. ha! Love your blog!!! :)

Babs     at 6:11 am

Finding the best resources is definitely something I hope to find when I go down the baby-making road

Sarah     at 8:27 am

I would say make sure you read some books regarding how to look after a baby. I only read about pregnancy and birth whilst preggers and boy oh boy, do I wish I had more about actually looking after a baby – it was a HUGE shock to me as I thought babies just ate, slept and pooped. I didn’t realise they needed (or at least mine does/did) so much help to get them to nap etc. I was clueless. I find http://www.mumsnet.com ver helpful and the message boards are FANTASTIC.

A fantastic book is The Wonder Weeks, fascinating and reassuring. Tells you about mental ‘leaps’ your baby makes and how their behaviour changes around that time.

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker     at 10:14 am

Thanks again for including me on this list. And right back at you — you’ve been incredibly helpful and fun to follow on this adventure.

As far as other resources, I have also read “Pregnancy Sucks” and “Exploiting My Baby” . . . I’ve tried to stay away from “What to Expect” because it usually scares me. And I’ve also stopped visiting birth boards because they scare me, too. Sometimes less is more :)

Katy @ MonsterProof     at 11:38 am

I read Tina, Melissa, and Sabrina’s…I’ll have to check out the rest! Assuming my 2 week old will sleep long enough. ;)

Sarah     at 11:38 am

Emily –

Enjoy this awesome time! My very favorite resource was the Pregtastic Podcast. http://www.pregtastic.com/

shannon (the daily balance)     at 12:21 pm

great list! You can also check out my blog, if you are interested. My lil guy is about 3 1/2 months and I’ve done a few posts on breastfeeding basics, baby gear 101, the truth behind a body after baby (http://www.thedailybalance.com/2011/05/26/my-body-before-and-after-pregnancy/)

all posts can be found here (I compiled them): http://www.thedailybalance.com/2011/05/20/per-your-request/

meredith     at 1:11 pm

i have no children, but i am an aunt… my sister really likes http://www.thebump.com/ so i thought i’d recommend it!

I’m partial to SparkPeople of course so my favorite resource is a sister site of theirs, BabyFit. I used it for the short time that I was pregnant, and if I ever get pregnant again I will definitely be back on there!

Ella     at 1:58 am

LOVE the Alphamom pregnancy calendar, too funny. I’m 7 weeks now and will definitely be checking it every week from here on out for a good laugh.

Bethany @ One Girl's Taste On Life     at 5:16 pm

I’m 14 weeks pregnant and have been following your blog for a little over a year, so I was ecstatic for you when I found out you were pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant a few weeks later, it was doubly exciting. I look forward to your weekly blogs each week. :)

One book I read that was purely for entertainment but still provided some insight was Jenny McCarthy’s “Belly Laughs”. I know some people have strong opinions about her, but seriously this was a really funny, easy read and it makes like of pregnancy while still explaining some of the less glamorous sides. Check it out!

Congrats to you too!

Alicia     at 12:35 am

Hi, I LOVE reading your pregnancy updates!!! My husband and I are going to start trying in a couple months and I was wondering what ipad app Casey uses???? Thanks…

It’s actually an app by Pampers, that tracks the baby growth week to week!

Frances     at 5:48 pm

Emily–thanks so much for including Feed the Belly in your roundup! And congrats on your pregnancy. I’m on baby number 2 right now. Enjoy the journey!

Amykinz @ Foodie4Healing     at 5:08 pm

You can follow my pregnancy blog here: http://the-miracle-of-punkin.blogspot.com/

Holly     at 5:29 pm

My favorite book that helped prepare me for the actual event of giving birth to my first baby is called Birthing from Within by Pam England and Rob Horowitz. They also have classes and a website: http://www.birthingfromwithin.com/. I know many moms who found this book to be the most informative and helpful for labor.

ssh commands     at 8:43 am

I alwɑys sent my half аan hour to read thiѕ website’s articles everyday аlong աith a ccup of coffee.

Heather B     at 11:57 am

I have another great suggestion. I just came across a new book that’s really awesome called “The Wonder Within You” by Carey Wickersham. It’s an awesome combination of week-to-week pregnancy information, what’s going on with the baby, “Did you know?” plus health advice about what to eat, cravings, nutrition, etc, BUT also with awesome 3D/4D pictures and videos you can link or QR with your phone to and see what your baby looks like at each week stage. Even better than the typical week-to-week books, and so personal! It’s got mom stories and even a journal/note section to write your personal memories and letters to your baby. The pregnancy information is as up-to-date as it gets and it’s such a great keepsake. I want to get one for everybody I know who is expecting!

help you lose weight     at 5:22 pm

When some one searches for his essential thing, thus he/she
wishes to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

investing     at 5:55 pm

investing…

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » My Favorite Pregnancy Resources….

3d fiber lashes in stores     at 7:36 pm

I have learn several just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how much effort you place to make this type of wonderful informative website.

criminal defense lawyer     at 11:28 am

That is really interesting, You’re an overly skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to in quest of extra of your magnificent post.
Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks

craft knife set     at 7:36 am

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I really enjoyed
reading it, you may be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog
and may come back down the road. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great writing,
have a nice weekend!