My Favorite Pregnancy Resources.
One of the best parts about sharing my pregnancy with the world has been the amazing support and encouragement I’ve been give from other readers who are pregnant now, hoping to be pregnant soon, or experienced moms already. Prior to becoming pregnant myself, I knew as much about pregnancy as the next person. Within a few hours of seeing those positive double lines, I was running to the computer to research everything I could get my hands on.
Many of you have asked what books, websites, and blogs I have used for sources of pregnancy information, and I figured now half-way through my pregnancy, it’s probably time to share! There are so many pregnancy resources available, and I’m sure I don’t even know about half of them. But here are some of my favorite places to check when I am in need of some baby talk.
It probably comes as no surprise that blogs have actually been my favorite pregnancy resource. I am lucky enough to have many pregnant blogging friends, some due before me, some due after, and some who just had babies! Here are the blogs that I regularly check to hear first person accounts of babies and parenting!
- Tina – Faith, Fitness, Fun (proud mama of two)
- Melissa – Dear Baby Blog (baby born last month)
- Callie – The Wannabe Athlete (baby born last week!)
- Susan – Real Life Travels (baby born last week!)
- Lisa – The Splattered Apron (31 weeks pregnant)
- Brittany – A Healthy Slice of Life (27 weeks pregnant)
- Sabrina – Rhodey Girl Tests (24 weeks pregnant)
- Ashley – (Never)Home Maker (14 weeks pregnant)
- Jen – This Runner’s Trials (13 weeks pregnant)
In addition to blogs, there are a few other great parenting and pregnancy websites that I have used a lot for researching information – everything from “what should I be eating?” to “how big is the baby?”
- Babble – Being Pregnant – also the site I write for!
- Babycenter – great weekly updates and birth club forums
- Nymbler – fun site for picking a baby name
- Alphamom – funny pregnancy calendar
With so much great information on the internet now, I haven’t actually really read many pregnancy or parenting books, but here are the few that I have bought and enjoyed!
- Baby Bargains – great book for researching baby supplies!
- Feed the Belly – fun guide to pregnancy nutrition
- The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy – hilarious guide to the ups and downs of pregnancy
So that is my (short) list of the most common references I use for figuring out this whole pregnancy thing. What are some of your favorites that I might not know about? I always love finding new pregnancy blogs!