For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Week 22: My Pregnancy Journey.

It has been a big week here with a lot of fun new developments!  First things first, Baby G officially has his first cousin – hurrah!  Baby Jonah was finally born this morning after a very long pregnancy, and painfully long labor for his mama.  I will share more details and pictures as I get them, but for now we are all just celebrating the newest arrival in our family.

As for our own little baby, you are not going to believe how big he is this week.  Are you ready for this?

How Big is the Baby?

He is the length and weight of a SPAGHETTI SQUASH!  Holy cow.

Does anyone else think that just seems totally gigantic?  I do realize that he will continue to get bigger and bigger, but I still find each week’s growth to be totally baffling for some reason.

How I’m Changing

I’m excited to report that the major piece of news from this week is that I am finally feeling all sorts of thumping and KICKING!  I have thought that I was possibly feeling little bubbles and flutters here and there, but this is something entirely different.  These are big kicks that you can even see from the outside if you are watching closely enough.

Casey has even been able to feel a few himself, which has been really special and fun for both of us.  The kicks make me feel so much more connected to the baby, and I love knowing that he is having fun and playing around in there.

How I’m Feeling

Still feeling great, and for the most part I still have a lot of energy.  Although I have noticed a few times this week I’ll get a sudden afternoon crash that I wasn’t really experiencing before.  While I did discover last weekend that pregnant running is out of the question for me, I have been consistently doing weight lifting three times a week, and making sure to get in plenty of daily walking.  It feels good to stay active and move a little each day.

My total weight gain to date is 8 pounds, which actually sounds a little low for how far along I am at this point.  But I also have to consider that I lost 5 pounds in the first trimester due to sickness, so I have actually gained back 13 to net the 8 pound total gain.  I have a feeling that the majority of pregnancy weight gain starts now, and that this number will start to climb more quickly now that Baby G is rapidly expanding!

My favorite purchase of this week is a onesie that I happened to spot in a maternity shop.  I was going to buy it and surprise Casey with it, but he ended up seeing it himself before I could hide it from him.

Typically I’m not a fan of any of the slogan shirts that say things like Daddy’s Little All-Star or other such gender-specific items, but this one was too perfect to pass up.  People ask me all the time what Casey does for a living, and no one ever quite understands it (including me at times).  But the short answer is that he is an actuary, and does lots of high level math all day long.  He is insanely smart and passionate about math, so when I saw the onesie with a giant math equation that spelled “I love dad” down the diagonal, I had to get it.

It is also organic and ridiculously soft.  I’m considering looking up the brand and seeing if I can order a few more plain ones of the same fabric.  So cute!

Other than the nursery dresser I picked up this weekend at the farmer’s market, we haven’t bought too much else quite yet.  I am working on getting my registry together, which is an entire process (and post) in itself.

For more on what I’m eating and craving this week, check out the latest at Babble!  And for other pregnancy posts, you can always visit the pregnancy page.

Maryann     at 11:13 am

So happy for your sister and you look great. Love the shirt.

Carol @ Lucky Zucca     at 11:14 am

Congratulations on your new family member!!!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet     at 11:23 am

Wow a spaghetti squash does seem big! I love that little onesie :) I’m sure Casey will be a proud dad to see Baby G in that!

Heather     at 11:43 am

the onesie is SO CUTE. I am a sucker for cute onesies. I can’t believe the baby is that big. Like you, I am amazed at the growth each week! Glad you can finally feel the kicking!

Jen R. (emeraldsunshine.org)     at 11:48 am

I also don’t usually like things written, stamped, or branded on my clothes or the kids’ clothes, but I like that onesie! It’s humorous.

I can’t believe how gorgeous you are while pregnant… I wish I had a little bit of THOSE genes! :) I’m glad you are able to keep working out and that you are feeling much better now.

Amber K     at 11:49 am

That is such an adorable onesie and such a sweet thing for your hubby. I’ve never been a big fan of the gender specific clothes or bibs either, but that is so cute!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 12:46 pm

My husband is also a math nut and no one has any idea what he does. He starts talking to me about work sometimes and I am trying so hard to “get it” but it’s just never going to happen. :) So awesome that baby is making his presence known now!

Karolina     at 1:01 pm

It always amazing to me how something so big can fit inside…crazy! Congrats on your sister on her new baby:)

Gina (Yogattude)     at 1:02 pm

Congrats to your sis! That onsie is so fun!

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 1:17 pm

I’m so glad that your feeling movement! Kicks and wiggles are my favorite part of pregnancy, hands down. Especially as they keep getting stronger.

And I am baffled every week, too, but how big the baby is. At 28 weeks, Baby D weighs 2.5 lbs which sounds just huge to me!

Looking good! :)

Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted     at 1:42 pm

Spaghetti squash seems so much bigger than a carrot!! I’d be surprised too! Even though I know it was just the length of a carrot!

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 1:43 pm

congrats to your sister & family! so exciting!

Amy @ Elephant Eats     at 1:56 pm

So exciting about your nephew! He’ll make such a good playmate for Baby G :) And I LOVE the name Jonah. So cute.

Jess     at 2:28 pm

I was also sad to discover that I am not a pregnant runner. I was able to run for a while, but then my body told me no more.

You look great! I think at 22 weeks I had gained about 8 lbs.

Julie S.     at 2:43 pm

That onesie is PERFECT! Love it!

You are right to listen to your body & not push the running. You look fantastic & will continue do great w/ the walking & weights. So glad the nausea is behind you & you’re finally able to enjoy your pregnancy. I think that squash looks huge, too! :)

Maria     at 3:41 pm

You look great!!! I hope I look as cute as you when it comes time to having babies :-) I think to feel a baby kick (from the outside) is the most bizarre thing in the world. Like there’s a tiny little person with it’s own little personality inside you now! Wierd :-) I’m looking forward to being on the other end of it some day.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 6:04 pm

Woah! A spaghetti squash is too cute! I know I always say “well my sister…” but I feel like I should share because she’s about 5 weeks ahead of you. She was around the same weight gain around week 20-21, and now she’s up to 26 POUNDS gained!! Seriously, there was like a 10 pound jump almost immediately.

Natalia - a side of simple     at 8:03 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve been to your site and I’m having such a great time catching up :) You look fantastic and I’m so happy for you and Casey.

Lindsay     at 9:46 pm

I hope that when I have children, I can find a onesie like that, because I am studying to be an Actuary and I love math t-shirts! :D
P.S. Maybe you could ask your husband to blog about what he does, I know that I am an Actuary Student and I would love to know what he does everyday!

Meagan     at 9:18 pm

Thanks for this post :)

Ashley     at 11:02 am

LOVE the update!!! Glad you’re feeling great! I love all organic cotton clothes…SO soft. :)

running shoes