Week 23: My Pregnancy Journey.

This week has felt like a weird turning point in my pregnancy.  As much as I still love it all, I’m getting to that point where pregnancy becomes a little more difficult. I finally feel like my stomach is much bigger, I’m much more uncomfortable, and it’s starting to be more more of a struggle to do basic things that used to be easy for me.  With all of that said, I am loving every single minute of it.

And it makes sense that I’m starting to feel uncomfortable when you consider that the baby is the size of…

A large PAPAYA!

Measuring between 11-12 inches long, and weighing over 1 full pound now, my sources tell me he is working hard to develop millions and millions of brain cells this week.  Pretty cool!  I hope he is a smarty pants like his daddy.

How I’m Changing

Holy stomach, I feel HUGE!  And not in an “I feel fat” type of way, but more like “my stomach now feels like a giant extra appendage.”  Casey and Sarah both agree that I look massively pregnant now.

It’s funny how the stomach can suddenly become a bit of an obstacle.  I can’t eat on our couch comfortably anymore because I can’t physically lean over to the coffee table to reach my plate.  I have to prop my dinner up on a pillow and lean back in order to be able to eat and breathe at the same time.

We are finally having delightfully sunny summer-ish weather here in Seattle, and so yesterday I wanted to make sure to shave my legs so I could rock some shorts and sundresses.  (TMI?)  I literally had to stand up every ten seconds while shaving because I was unable to breathe while attempting to bend over and reach the bottoms of my legs.  It was quite exhausting!

I wrote about a few other ways my belly is starting to get in the way over on Babble today!  These are definitely the little types of changes that are funny, sometimes frustrating, and definitely something to experience.

How I’m Feeling

Other than out of breath a lot of the time, I still feel really good.  I’m not quite as gung-ho “I can do anything” as I was a few weeks ago, and these days I’m happy to let someone else carry the grocery bags or take a large box downstairs.

I also feel a lot of the “pregnancy brain” creeping in.  At least once a day I find that I’m either repeating myself, with no memory of what I said the first time, or asking someone a question that they had literally just answered.  Pregnancy appears to have disabled my short term memory.  At least I haven’t done anything like this again recently!

What I’m Buying

Last weekend I dragged Sarah on a massive baby-related shopping spree.  Poor girl.  We started out in Babies R Us so that I could test out some of the registry items I had picked out online.  It was important to me to see and feel things in person, and make sure I had picked things that would work well for our needs.  Three hours of pushing strollers around the store and testing out every single gliding rocking chair, I left with only a $19 rug, but also a much better feeling about our registry and baby needs.

As if the Babies R Us trip wasn’t exhausting enough, we then headed to the mall where I was determined to find a nice dress for Casey’s fancy office dinner that evening.  For some reason I find the majority of maternity clothes to be over-patterned, sized HUGE, and generally unflattering.  After several unsuccessful trips to maternity stores, I decided to give regular clothes another shot – specifically looking for dresses.

I quickly discovered that the maxi dress I had loved so much before pregnancy, was also a perfect substitute for overpriced maternity wear.  I picked up this regular I.N.C. dress at Macy’s, excited that it will fit me through the rest of my pregnancy, as well as afterwards when the bump is (hopefully) no longer there!

I also picked up a few more decorative nursery items this week, and I’m hoping that once one more thing arrives, I can show you guys a sneak peek of how it’s all coming together.  It’s still pretty bare bones right now, but the general concept and look are there.  The only big thing we still need is a nursery glider, and for some reason I am being very particular and indecisive in choosing one.  I have a feeling I’ll be spending a LOT of time in it, and I want to be sure I make the right choice!

Thoughts this Week

• Total pounds gained to date:  Nine and climbing
  • # of visits to the ice cream truck: A disappointing ZERO
  • Vacations I’m looking forward to:  Two in July!
  • Bathing suits purchased for vacations:  Zero – I’m afraid
  • Popsicles consumed:  Infinite
  • Rocking chairs tested in BRU:  At least 25
  • Pineapples sitting on my counter: Two, large
  • Next doctors appointment:  Tomorrow
  • Degrees F in Seattle today:  A glorious 76, our highest yet!

Next week we are getting ready for an exciting 4th of July BABYMOON, which I will tell you all about shortly.  I am counting down the days!

Freya     at 4:02 pm

Wow, you’ve changed so fast! It seems like just yesterday you announced you were pregnant :-)
I know I said it on Twitter, but that dress looks SO stunning on you!!

Freya Reply:

Oh – and the ice cream truck hasn’t visited my way either :’(

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 4:06 pm

Congrats on the maxi dress! Looks great

Marissa     at 4:06 pm

I am with you on the bending over. Sometimes I forget I am pregnant and will lean over and think, “Oh, never mind.” ha ha! It is crazy how ugly most maternity stuff is. I have been looking online for a dress to wear to my baby shower in August and everything is ugly and over priced. I think I am going to look at normal dresses in larger sizes and hopefully that will work!

Mari @ itsgoodno.blogspot.com     at 4:07 pm

You look so gorgeous in the maxi dress!

Clare @ Fitting It All In     at 4:08 pm

You are handling your pregnancy so well! You are a BEAUTIFUL pregnant woman – truly!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet     at 4:09 pm

That dress is gorgeous!!! I love INC :) And I’m also loving the bare pregnant belly.

It looks like you’re finally gaining weight. It’s so crazy that your baby will probably grow to at least 6x as heavy until he’s due.

I’m sure you’re so excited about your appointment tomorrow!

Erin     at 4:09 pm

Love that dress on you! While you may feel huge, please know that you look absolutely gorgeous! I hope to look that good during my next pregnancy! My first pregnancy I was a train wreck in the gaining too much weight department:)

Melissa @ HerGreenLife     at 4:09 pm

I love the dress!

It’s funny how individual the pregnancy changes and experiences are. I didn’t LOOK anymore pregnant than you when I was 23 weeks (back in March), but I had already gained over 20 pounds at that point.

I guess I gained early (and thankfully no morning-sickness-related weight loss) and then it slowed down a good bit, but the belly’s definitely out there now. While the stomach gets in the way, it’s also an excellent crumb catcher ;)

Lisa Fine     at 4:09 pm

It’s amazing how quickly the weeks are going by and how your tummy is growing quickly too. :)

Still having fun with this journey of yours, and I love hearing about the way your body feels. Pregnancy is fascinating to me.

Katherina @ Zephyr Runs     at 4:10 pm

Above your belly and below your belly no one would have any idea you were pregnant! When I started my job, the owner had just had a baby and was still suffering from “Mommy Brain”. My orientation ended up being 3 hours of talking about babies! Afterwards I couldn’t help but crack up at how quickly it turned from business to babies!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 4:11 pm

I love that maxi dress, you look great!

Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife     at 4:12 pm

Wow, I never even though about how tricky shaving would be when pregnant! That’s crazy. You look beautiful though, and it’s amazing to see how fast you change!!!

Jessica S     at 4:13 pm

Try Merry Go Round and Go To Your Room, both in Bellevue. They have other chairs besides what BRU has. We ended up ordering a Best chair – it’s a glider/recliner/rocker and it swivels too. And it was cheaper than the glider/ottoman set we liked at BRU!

Sarah     at 4:14 pm

I remember feeling ‘huge’ around that point as well, and now (at 32 weeks) i think back and realize I was certainly not huge, nor are you. But I also remember feeling really out of breath and that seems to have diminished a bit — apparently your ribcage expands at some point so perhaps that happened? But, I imagine that will return with a force as I continue to head toward 40 weeks and the baby gets bigger. Love the dress!

Sara@BakingandWine     at 4:15 pm

Did you pick a glider from BRU? If so, which one? I have tested out so many of them, at two different BRU locations, and I hated them all. :( I don’t know where else to look.

Kaci     at 4:16 pm

You look adorable, and I LOVE that dress! It fits you perfectly and will still look wonderful after you have baby G. So cool! :)

Katie KS     at 4:17 pm

I’ve been very happy with our glider as far as mid-price ones go.

Happy babymooning. For swimsuits, they have the ruched sided ones now that I think are so cute in the maternity style. I wish I had one but I sort of have 3 from last go round so I am trying to avoid buying another one (even though these are getting a tad too revealing in the belly area for my preference.) I tried to get a link from Target but it was too long. Anyway, good luck!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups     at 4:17 pm

That dress is perfect! It looks gorgeous on you!

Graze With Me     at 4:18 pm

The whole fruit/veggie thing has been so helpful, its great having something tangible to compare baby’s size to. But answer me this: if week 23 is papaya, how is it that week 26 is eggplant and week 27 is cucumber? I think I’m being messed with…

I LOVE maxi dresses more than anything. They’re perfect for summer and not overpriced and baggy like all the maternity dresses out there!

Jen     at 4:19 pm

Ah, I never even thought about the leg shaving challenge. Now I’m scared!

You look so fabulous! You’re my pregnancy idol :)

Jessica Sinclair Reply:

With my daughter I was gigantic (as you tend to be with a 9lb baby tagging along)… I finally resortes to getting my husband to shave my legs LOL. He was a good sport and did a fabulous job, no knicks either…guess the daily practice he gets is transferable LOL. You look beautiful, and happy.

Kim @ girlevolving     at 4:23 pm

I hear you on the sitting up and eating thing – it’s difficult! I also lean the car seat back when I’m riding because sitting up feels so constricting!

You look awesome! It’s so fun to read about your pregnancy journey!

Sheri     at 4:25 pm

You look wonderful in the maxi dress! I am currently 22 weeks a week behind you with my pregnancy. I just went searching for a swimsuit and it was not really that bad. I ended up buying a maternity suit as it did fit best in the end and ended up being way cheaper than a regular suit. I did try some regular suits but they just did not fit right.

Ashley     at 4:28 pm

LOVE IT!! I could go for a popsicle right now! You are so happy + cute and I miss you!!

Melissa     at 4:28 pm

Pregnancy fits you! You look great! I enjoy your posts about your pregnancy. Miss them being on the blog regularly. I can’t wait to have babies! :)

amy     at 4:28 pm

you look so cute!!

Katie KS     at 4:31 pm

Ooh, and as for the shaving thing. I got one of these and put this in my standup shower to shave with my foot on it last time.

Unfortunately now my daughter uses it in her bathroom and we keep the bath toys in it (it really is a great product!) but I may bring up another stepstool.

Katie     at 4:33 pm

Your tummy is so cute! Glad to hear that your pregnancy is progressing well! I can’t wait to hear more! :)

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 4:33 pm

You’re glowing with that precious belly!

I think you put it perfectly when you said the belly feels like a giant extra appendage. It’s like having a massive beach ball shoved between your ribs and pelvis. I have to recline to breathe or eat, too.

I’m starting to count down instead of up because 11 weeks to go sounds closer to me than 29 weeks preg! :)

Belinda     at 4:36 pm

You look SUPER cute! I love that Maxi dress. Great idea on picking something that will be used during and after the pregnancy!

Elizabeth     at 4:36 pm

You look great!! That dress is beautiful. I totally agree about not realizing what you are no longer capable of doing. I tried to give myself a pedicure and realized after I was done and in pain that this was no longer an option (I’m just a few weeks ahead of you)
I’m also doing what Brittany says, counting down ;)
Almost there, enjoy the summer and babymoon

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed     at 4:38 pm

I love your fruit comparisons! I love the dress, you look beautiful :D

Stefanie     at 4:38 pm

Your dress looks great on you. It is great that you will get more then one use out of it once the baby comes.

Susan     at 4:38 pm

I love that dress! I have a Macy’s gift card and will have to check it out!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 4:39 pm

The dress is beautiful! I have had much better luck finding flow-y regular dresses than cute maternity dresses. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

Molly     at 4:40 pm

You look wonderful! I am now 33 weeks along and have been able to make a few non-maternity dresses work too. For swimwear, I have had great luck with a couple of tankinis from JCrew (non-maternity). It is nice that you can mix and match top and bottom sizes. I started with one size up on top but then I found that I was able to get by with my regular size because they are so stretchy. This one in particular has plenty of room in the belly and hangs long: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/swim/patternsandprints/PRDOVR~41895/41895.jsp

This style works too: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/swim/solids/PRDOVR~34267/34267.jsp

Since I am due in early August I figure I will be able to wear them at the end of the summer after he is born when my tummy is not back to normal yet too (that is if I ever get any time to go swimming)! Good luck and enjoy the babymoom.

Katie KS Reply:

Those are cute … I feel like my maternity tankini tops are already getting too short (I am 29 weeks) so I am impressed! (Also, not sure where you live – maybe it is warm for awhile – but it would probably be awkward to go swimming until about a month at least after delivery due to reasons there’s not a great way to put delicately ;) ) I guess you could still wear the swimsuit but you probably wouldn’t be able to get in the water….

Kath     at 4:40 pm

You just look better and better each week!!!

Hope you’re babymooning to Cville!!

Sarah     at 4:45 pm

A papaya?! That’s incredible. You are one beautiful mama; thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Amy @ Elephant Eats     at 4:52 pm

I love your “maternity” dress! You look gorgeous in it!!!

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 4:55 pm

You look unbelievably stunning in that dress!!

Cara     at 5:01 pm

Your blog makes me happy :) You are such a beautiful pregnant women!

Katherine     at 5:04 pm

Baby bump is looking big and adorable :)

SAMANTHA     at 5:04 pm

GORGEOUS!! : )

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 5:05 pm

Oohh, that maxi dress worked really well! I’ve stayed away from them due to my issues about being a shorty, but I think yes, they’d be great for this purpose!

Mandi     at 5:09 pm

You are GLOWING! :)

So happy for you and baby Malone

Kristen @ The Concrete Runner     at 5:11 pm

Like I said on Babble, holy belly mama! You are looking good! I still pass you in weight, but I think your belly is getting bigger than mine! I’m actually a little jealous! You look incredible, as always!

I have some beach vacations coming up and bought some maternity swimsuits awhile back online from Old Navy. I like them, but I still don’t feel like I fill them out enough or at least as much as I would like to be. With them not being as tight as I would like, I feel like they are a bit frumpy. I actually think I will be hitting up Target and looking at regular tankinis (I don’t think I can pull of a preggo bikini belly at this point) since I think they won’t look nearly as frumpy. Just a suggestion! But, I DO like the ones from Old Navy.

Jo     at 5:13 pm

LOVE that dress! and totally hear you with the leg shaving issues – i am 32 weeks now and finding that really difficult! have given up trying to paint my toenails and been for a pedicure, highly recommended and very relaxing to be pampered, especially when your ankles don’t look quite how they used to!

hope you continue to feel well :-)

karin     at 5:16 pm

beautiful glowing mama!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy     at 5:17 pm

Ah, you look so cute! I looooove that dress. Looks great on you. I had to pop on over and see your latest post because of all the dress talk I saw on twitter. Not that I wouldn’t have read it later…

Kate     at 5:17 pm

You look lovely! I just cracked up when I saw the maxi dress you bought though — I just bought the same one (and I’m not preggo). It looks fab on you!

Katy (The Singing Runner)     at 5:21 pm

I love these posts every week! It is so amazing to see this process!!!

I LOVE that dress! It is so so pretty!

Reading (and chickens)     at 5:44 pm

Ooh, LOVE that dress.

katie     at 5:52 pm

For some reason this made me giggle out loud – “I have to prop my dinner up on a pillow and lean back in order to be able to eat and breathe at the same time.”

Can’t WAIT to see you in person in July!!

Elizabeth     at 6:01 pm

My bestie got this glider and LOVES it: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/comfort-rocker-and-ottoman/ – it was a tad spendy, but it’s also real furniture that can transition out of the nursery. Thank you for doing these posts – they’re so fun!

Monika @ Powered by Paprika     at 6:12 pm

How beautiful! I love preggo bellies :)

Sondi     at 6:14 pm

Wow, you do really look pregnant now! You look fantastic.

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life     at 6:17 pm

There’s no mistaking you’re pregnant now! LOVE that dress on you!

Skyoga     at 6:33 pm

You look amazing and so pretty in that dress!!!!

Skyoga     at 6:34 pm

You look amazing and so pretty in that dress!!!!
I love following your pregnancy. Thank you so much for sharing

Abby     at 6:42 pm

You look so incredible in that maxi dress! :)

Brooke @ bittersweetb     at 6:49 pm

You look stunning in the dress! It’s the perfect color!

Melissa @ Mouth Watering Morsel     at 6:51 pm

you are such a pretty mama!! that dress is gorgeous on you. (: do you work out when you’re pregnant? not sure if you addressed that yet but I know some mama’s do so that they don’t have a lot of weight to lose when they’ve given birth.

Yep, workout almost every day!

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 6:59 pm

you look beautiful! i just got a regular tankini from lime ricki (www.limericki.com/) and they have maternity suits that are pretty cute too :)

RhodeyGirl     at 7:28 pm

Emily you look incredible!!!!

Yay for the little papaya! I love the dress. Maternity styles that are priced reasonably are so hideous right? I had to hunt just to get a few nice pieces. (Target and NOM maternity were my lucky places)

Jennifer (The Gourmetour)     at 7:32 pm

You are seriously the prettiest pregnant woman I’ve ever seen (and I tend to think they’re all gorgeous)!
That printed maxi dress is stunning on you!!!

Katie     at 7:46 pm

Hi. I’m mostly a reader, not a commentator. But I had to day that you were so beautiful in that dress.v you look so pregnant & so beautiful. I totally understand the discomfort. You really can feel as if your not in your own skin. And at that point you also are just out of patience and want to hold the baby! But pregnancy is fleeting. (especially you first). So really take care and enjoy all the discomfort and the anticipation. I love the updates. And ( from someone who called herself a reader only!) the day that the baby is born is undebeliveably special. A day where for a little bit time stops. It will be beyond.

Jamie     at 7:47 pm

Hi Em,
I bought an amazing glider at a store in Kenwood called Room To Grow. Not only did it rock/glide, but the back of the chair *leaned back* instead of sitting up stationary. Believe you me, this was priceless for a new mom.. I slept way too many hours in that chair and it was comfortable because i could lean back with baby laying on me. Other gliders that have a fixed back are quite uncomfortable for sleeping. Just a thought! Know you aren’t in Cinci anymore, but you may be able to see what brand they carry and find it online? Email me if you have questions!

(Long time reader..) Jamie

Thank you Jamie!!

Meghan     at 7:50 pm

I have three children and really regret not getting a recliner instead of a glider with ottoman. There have been many times (especially when dealing with a fussy, congested baby) that it would have been easier to just let the baby sleep on my chest and get a little sleep myself! I will definitely be seeking out a (somewhat attractive) recliner should we have more children! Good luck!
That dress looked great on you!

meagan Reply:

Totally, totally THIS. I bought a glider that I only started using when my baby was 7 months old because…the couch was better. Next time, we’re buying a recliner.

Lauren     at 7:57 pm

I have always heard that the stomach grows massively overnight it seems when you are pregnant. Regardless, I still and will always think you look sensational! Have a wonderful well deserved Babymoon! :) That sounds like a perfect idea.

Jenna (Hello, I Love You)     at 8:03 pm

You look beautiful Emily! It is crazy how one day the belly just appears, right? And then it just keeps getting bigger (and cuter). Just wait until you are at the end of your pregnancy and you are like, “I can’t believe I thought I was big at ___ weeks.” So fun!

SaraRM     at 8:05 pm

Aww I just love reading your journey! This week has been a big change, but you are still looking amazing!

Love the maxi dress, great color for you.

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion)     at 8:24 pm

You look great!

I love that maxi dress! The pattern is beautiful. :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 8:29 pm

That dress was the PERFECT choice! You look gorgeous. And can’t wait to hear about your upcoming trip. So great you’re doing a babymoon type of getaway.

Holly @ RUST BELT RUNNEr     at 8:31 pm

Love these updates for real!

Love the dress too. You look great!

Victoria     at 8:41 pm

You look positively glowing! Absolutely gorgeous and that dress suits you so well :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 8:47 pm

That maxi dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you. You are such a beautiful pregnant mama!

Ally     at 9:04 pm

Emily, I just bought that same dress (in red) yesterday!!! I’m pretty sure it looks better on you and I’m not even pregnant ;) you look stunning!

sarah (sarah learns)     at 9:51 pm

you are a beautiful pregnant lady!!! i love your maxi dress too. it looks great on you!

ashley @ cooking for john     at 9:56 pm

look at that belly!

you look gorgeous in that dress, it fits you and your little nugget perfectly! :)

Janine     at 10:10 pm

You have to go look at Bump in Bellevue Square if you haven’t already! I’m sure they are pretty pricey but everytime I pass the storefront I wish I were pregnant – so very cute!
Janine

Juliene     at 10:13 pm

I love reading about your pregnancy. I am 34 weeks pregnant and if I could turn back the clock and have my 23 week belly back I would. It just gets bigger and bigger. Just wait until you can’t see your feet anymore, that’s when it starts getting really scary. Haha!

Alaina     at 10:18 pm

You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress!!

Mai     at 10:36 pm

I love that dress. Seriously, I want to buy it, and I’m no where near being pregnant!

I love these updates, so fun to read, and such a good resource too!

Namaste Gurl     at 11:26 pm

Aw, you look great Em! So good to hear all your pregnancy updates and how you’re doing :)

Elisabeth     at 11:33 pm

Oh, wow! You are definitely looking very pregnant these days – so cute! I love that maxi dress – the colors are beautiful and you look awesome in it :)

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run]     at 1:31 am

such a beautiful belly!

Stacy H     at 1:35 am

I love the dress you chose. Makes me want to go Maxi Dress shopping. lol.

This is just my opinion, but I’d say skip the glider in the nursery and go for a full-on lazyboy recliner! That’s what I did when we had our first daughter almost 5 years ago and LOVED having it in there. I spent many nights sleeping in the recliner and was so glad I chose that over an uncomfy glider. When we had daughter #2, we had to take it out of the nursery since the girls were sharing a room and there just wasn’t enough space for my chair, a toddler bed, a crib, and the dresser/changing combo. I missed having it in the room at night, though, that’s for sure.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy remainder of your pregnancy!

saikhan     at 1:56 am

beautiful

Kim     at 2:30 am

Ooooooo Emily you look WONDERFUL!!! And RADIANT! :D
Adore the blue maxi dress you bought, it looks perfect!
I have soooo loved following your pregnancy! Looking forward to following your journey until Baby Garnish is born!
And beyond! :D

Hayley @ Oat Couture     at 4:17 am

That maxi dress looks fab on you Emily! :) Pregnancy really suits you, you look great!

Megan     at 5:40 am

You look gorgeous in that maxi dress. It’s great to get non maternity items, then you can wear them after the baby is born. I am pregnant, still in the 1st trimester, and am trying to think ahead to what I can wear. Already the pants are tight so this is going to be an interesting journey. I agree with you about maternity clothes, I’ve been looking around and noticing that things are not that amazing.

Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out     at 7:43 am

That’s the cutest papaya I’ve ever seen!

Meagan     at 9:54 am

Emily, you look great! I am so happy to read that you are doing well :) I look forward to hearing about your babymoon!

Cindy Robinson     at 9:57 am

You look beautiful in that dress!

Nikki T     at 10:16 am

You look awesome, Emily! Great pick on the dress! I’m totally with ya on buying something you can still use after that little guy arrives.
Can’t wait to hear about where you are travelling to!!

Erin @ Naturally Addicted     at 10:30 am

I’m loving these pregnancy updates. It’s amazing how fast your little one is growing… such an exciting time!!

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen     at 10:38 am

You look absoloutely beautiful in the picture of you wearing the maxi dress.

Julie S.     at 12:18 pm

Ok, I know everyone has already told you, but you look GORGEOUS in that dress!! PERFECT choice! :)

I went out & bought a new rocking chair for the nursery & maybe used it a handful of times. I also exchanged the baby swing I got at my shower & upgraded ‘cuz I knew we didn’t want to skimp on such an important piece of furniture… She hated it! I think we used it like twice! :P

You look happier and are glowing more and more every time you post pics. It’s such an exciting time :)

Chase     at 12:56 pm

That dress looks amazing on you! Perfect choice!

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.)     at 12:58 pm

I’m SO excited for you, Casey & the pups. That dress looks stunning on you. It really highlights your cute belly!

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers     at 1:29 pm

What a cute post! It sounds like everything is coming along so well, even the popsicle eating!

lauri (RedHeadRecipes.com)     at 1:37 pm

LOVE reading your pregnancy updates!! We are *hoping* to start a family soon (Fingers crossed) and I am learnign so much from your updates!

I think I have pregnancy brain everyday. Scary.

I LOVE you maxi dres, SO pretty!

www.theevolvinghomemaker.com     at 2:09 pm

You look adorable. And tiny! In a, “I am a fit pregnant Mama” way! You make me miss pregnancy. But I am certain that the fact I only have two hands means I PERSONALLY only need two children. The expecting stage is just so dang fun.

Jen

Lauren @ La Dolce Pita     at 3:01 pm

I luuurve your maxi dress – so cute! As others have said, you def have that glow. You have made the whole concept of changing physically during pregnancy so much less scary for me too, btw.

Kelly @foodiefresh     at 4:43 pm

I absolutely love it when pregnant ladies start to really show. When I see them out in public, I just want to give them a hug and shout, “Congratulations!” But I restrain myself because I don’t need any further proof that I’m certifiably crazy. :) You are glowing, Emily!

liz     at 4:48 pm

“I have to prop my dinner up on a pillow and lean back in order to be able to eat and breathe at the same time.” — Can totally relate to this! I am due Friday — have been using this pillow trick for quite a while! You look great — love all your posts!

Tricia B     at 4:59 pm

You are absolutely beautiful!

sallymae     at 10:30 pm

Your dress and belly button are so cute!

Michelle @ From Seed To Tree     at 10:30 pm

The pic of two … you in that blue dress – you guys look stunning! That colour looks beautiful on you!

Heather Eats Almond Butter     at 2:39 pm

Emily, Just wanted to chime in to say I agree with Stacy H above. I registered for a glider, and then one of my good friends who had just had her 2nd baby said the best advice she could give me was to skip the glider and get a LaZBoy recliner. Oh my gosh, best decision ever. You will be in that chair so often, and it was so nice those first few month b/c after a feeding, I would just recline back and we would nap together. It’s so comfortable, and once we’re done with babies, it can go in another room of the house. I’m pretty sure my husband already has big plans for it. They are pricey, but it was worth every penny in my opinion, and it comes with a 5-year guarantee, and I was told they would replace my fabric for any little spill. Love love LOVE my LaZBoy…and also, it is so soft and cushiony. I could not IMAGINE sitting in a hard rocker/glider chair those first few weeks post delivery. I had to use my Boppy pillow as a donut for any kind of hard seat. For the first couple of weeks, my husband didn’t even realize it was for breastfeeding. He thought it was specifically made for new moms to sit on – hehe.

By the way, you’re looking beautiful.

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family     at 2:53 pm

I know you are having a boy but next go round, in case you have a girl, you and Casey might want to think about:

Bess @ Bess Be Fit     at 4:36 pm

you are so beautiful!!! not that you weren’t before, but pregnancy suits you :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 12:18 am

You look amazing! I never bought a single article of maternity clothing. I was mostly big pregnant in the summer and maxi dresses were definitely my friend! I used the belly band a lot though and I know you don’t like that so much.

20 Week pregnant     at 3:16 pm

False positive tests can be caused by anything that disturbs the cervix or uterus.
Cigarettes aren’t the best way to practioce taking pictures of smoke.
The utferus is fast rising and as such there is a tad bit shift in the center of gravity.

http://ihometaxebay.com/board_VNmW93/281458     at 4:43 pm

A lot of of whatever you articulate is supprisingly precise and it
makes me wonder why I had not looked at this with this light before.
This particular article really did switch the light on for me as far as this particular topic
goes. Nevertheless at this time there is just one factor
I am not too cozy with so whilst I attempt to reconcile that with the central theme of the
issue, permit me observe exactly what the rest of
your readers have to say.Nicely done.