Beach Bums.

For the next week, I hope to be doing nothing but this…

Is there any place more relaxing than the beach?

We are spending our week on Sullivan’s Island, just outside of Charleston, South Carolina.  The island is really remote and quiet, and I absolutely love it.

Look at our cozy beach house

And my giant BUMP!

We spent the first half of the morning lounging in the sun, bobbing in the waves, and reading our books.

Eventually we all felt hungry and toasty, and came back to get lunch and take a break from the sun.  In the afternoon, four of us ventured back down for some beach walking time.

I am beyond lucky to have an amazing sister and sister-in-law to spend the week with.  Lots of stares and smiles at the big belly as we walked down the beach – 28 weeks and seriously round.  :)

Now that Casey and I don’t work at home together, I realize how precious it is to get to be together all day long.  Beach walking is my favorite way to relax.

Around 4:30 we decided we’d had enough of the sun and sand, and all retreated back to the house to shower and get ready for our evening.  It was burger night, so I got to work making our favorite black bean burgers

The beach house doesn’t have a food processor, so I improvised with an old blender.  It worked out pretty well for grinding the oats and almonds!

Tina cut up a fresh watermelon, and I hate half the bowl while I worked on dinner…

Burgers in the works…

Mashed by hand due to lack of utensils.

Fresh corn on the cob = summer!

Our group is coming together from Seattle, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Atlanta – so happy we can all have this time away together.

Even though I’m making a goofy face here, I think this picture is really cute.  :)

Love him.

Burgers prepared and ready for grilling…

Good looking Malone men manning the grill…

And finally – dinnertime!

My favorite thing to grill is PINEAPPLE!  Nothing better.

Served on top a black bean burger with fresh corn and watermelon.  Such a perfect summer meal!

Hoping tomorrow brings more of the same!

Monday, July 25th is the day of The Great Fundraising Act auction!  All proceeds will go directly towards covering medical costs for Susan from The Great Balancing Act, who has recently been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.  Among many other awesome auction items donated by hundreds of bloggers, Casey and I have donated lifetime service with Recipage!  If you are a blogger who likes to post recipes, this is a great item to bid on for a good cause.  Bid early, bid often!

Lindsey     at 11:40 pm

You look awesome! Have a great vacation!

Army Amy*     at 11:41 pm

Y’all look so relaxed! And the food, of course, looks deelish! Does Casey have a tattoo?*

Jackie Smith     at 11:43 pm

You are gorgeous!

Katherina @ Zephyr Runs     at 11:44 pm

Yeah look at that bump! So cute! Looks like the perfect kind of vacation. Take me to the mountains or the beach, they both leave me feeling relaxed and rejuvenated!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen     at 11:52 pm

I never would have thought to put pineapple on a black bean burger, but it looks awesome! I love grilled pineapple too. Try grilled peaches sometime – that’s my favorite grilled fruit!

lena     at 11:58 pm

Love the beach bump!

Jessica     at 11:59 pm

I am so jealous, that looks like so much fun! You look adorable!! I LOVE your black bean burger recipe, I make it about once/week. They are delicious and freeze well. Have a great vacation!

Kaci     at 12:00 am

Gorgeous photos, and you look amazing!!

Elisabeth     at 12:08 am

Great photos – especially love the cute one of you & Casey together! Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing week together :)

Bethany @ More Fruit Please     at 12:10 am

You have such a cute baby bump! I’ve always thought that it would be more fun being pregnant in the summer over the winter just for the chance to show a bump off in a bathing suit or summer dress. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Elyse D     at 12:20 am

I absolutely love grilled pineapple! I love to coat pineapple rings with honey and a few of pinches of cinnamon and nutmeg, and once they’re grilled serve them warm with toasted peanuts for dessert – they’re fabulous! I love your website and am a first time commenter and a lonngg time reader! You really do inspire me!

Sarah     at 12:23 am

Hottest bikini ever!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run]     at 12:23 am

LOVE that photo of you and your sis cookin’ in the kitch :)

Hayley @ Oat Couture     at 4:52 am

You have a lovely tan already!! :) Gorgeous photos as well btw!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 5:30 am

I love that bikini! Looks like a perfect summer beach day, enjoy!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups     at 6:34 am

Grilled pineapple is so delicious! Glad you’re having fun!

Hwasun     at 6:53 am

I just love pictures of you in the bikini! It makes me smile :) You look gorgeous and the bikini is very very cute!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 7:47 am

What an awesome time!! Vacations are the best!

Lee     at 7:48 am

Looks like you have a great week in store for you. My brother and sister in law live in Charleston and we always mean to go visit them, but haven’t yet.

Anne @ The Denim Pixie     at 8:18 am

You look so cute and relaxed!! Enjoy your vacation!!

Lauren     at 8:33 am

You are one of the hottest pregnant woman I’ve ever seen! LOL So glad you are enjoying this vacation! :)

Claire @ ThinkingClairely     at 8:56 am

What a great vacation! My family used to go to Seabrook Island (about 30 mins from Charleston) every summer. It’s so beautiful down there. Enjoy the time with family – you look stunning!

Jen     at 9:13 am

emily – i love sullivan’s island. brandon and used to live just across the bridge in mount pleasant and sullivan’s was our beach spot every weekend.

enjoy your vacation!

Melissa     at 9:17 am

Aaaah, I ran that same 5k that your sis is wearing the shirt from! I’m not even a Butler student, I just picked it for my first 5k since it was cheap, low-key, and super close to my house!

Small, small world.

Cait @ Beyond Bananas     at 9:18 am

LOVE beach vacations. I am off on one in a couple weeks. Have so much fun!

Kristina     at 9:35 am

This looks like so much fun! I’m going to Thailand on my honeymoon at the end of the week and I can’t WAIT to sit on the beach!!

Kara     at 9:56 am

You all look so very happy! Glad you are enjoying your much deserved break!

Grilled pineapple is awesomeeee. I once grilled burgers with pineapple in the middle – so so good. I’m not sure it would work with bean burgers though, since they are so crumbly.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma)     at 10:13 am

It looks beautiful where you are! I’ve never been anywhere like that…the beach is such a nice place to relax. :) Have fun!

Laura     at 10:29 am

Your bump is beautiful!

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life     at 10:32 am

You look stunning and absolutely amazing pregnant!!! I hope to be as confident in a bathing suit when I get there too!

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 11:54 am

You look absolutely stunning and gorgeous Emily! You’re glowing in your swimsuit and I am loving the bump…where is your swimsuit from? Super cute!

You and Casey are too cute (so in love <3) and it looks like you're having a wonderful time! Enjoy your vacation…and that burger looks delish too! :)

Yolie @ Practising Wellness     at 11:55 am

You look soo blooming beautiful in every single one of these photos, bikini, bump, and all! Honestly, pregnancy really suits you, you are radiant!
And I love how much you and Casey love each other, it’s so cute! I agree, that photo of you two is lovely and very sweet…and no, you are not making a silly face…it’s more like an adoring face, lol! :-) xyx

Yolie @ Practising Wellness     at 11:56 am

And may I say that your summertime meal looks absolutely incredible. I MUST make those black bean burgers as soon as possible, and that grilled pineapple and corn on the cob = divine! <3 xyx

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 12:22 pm

Wow, your burger patties are well-formed! Mine always crumble, but maybe I just need to be more thorough.

I’m so glad you’re getting this relaxing vacation! What a great time to take a break and renew.

Jackie @ That Deep Breath     at 1:01 pm

You look beautiful! And happy! I love your bathing suit. This looks like a super relaxing vacation. I honestly don’t think there’s anything better than a family vacation

Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl     at 1:06 pm

Pregnancy suits you!! I really have to try those black bean burgers soon…. Have a great holiday!

Jessica     at 2:08 pm

Welcome to SC!!!
Its crazy to know you are in my hometown….you are truly a beautiful person

Tameika     at 2:09 pm

I went to college in Charleston. I hope you guys venture to downtown and check out the Market, the Battery, and Waterfront Park. And the views driving into downtown over the Cooper are really nice. Also Marion Square and King Street are fun spots. I’m sure it’s crazy hot down there so if you don’t make I can’t blame you but I love downtown so much thought I’d put it out there.

Meagan     at 3:01 pm

Your bump is cute. I think you should show more “goofy” pictures of you. We only ever see you smiling from the front :) I REALLY like your navy top in the burger photos. I wish they made one “non pregnancy” – it’s too cute!

Katherine     at 3:27 pm

I love that beautiful baby bump!

Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites     at 4:11 pm

Emily, what a perfect summer day you had! That beach house is absolutely breathtaking! It sort of reminded me of the beach house we stayed at with friends in Situate, MA a few weeks ago but yours is MUCH nicer! I need to try your black bean burger recipe! I buy way too many veggie burgers and it doesn’t really make sense when I love to cook and I’m sure it would save money! Do they freeze well??

You’re baby bump is too cute! You really look as though you’re glowing and you’re staying in super shape! I hope that when/if I have kids I will be able to stay in as great as shape as you. You’re truly an inspiration girl!

Michaela     at 5:23 pm

thx for the information!! Made a note of the location. Seems absolutely amazing!
I love the sea and the beach soooo much (maybe that is because I am a scorpio?) and I can´t wait to have a beach holiday myself soon.
You look gorgeous and I love the photos! Especially the “bum comparison pic” ;)

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal     at 5:48 pm

You are super cute!! I love the bump. Can you believe in less than 12 weeks you will have a baby!! So exciting :) My best friend had her baby today and so I am feeling the baby fever!! Umm and I am obsessed with lighthouses…I literally could look at pictures of them all day. Hope you have an amazing week.

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope     at 8:09 pm

So cute!!

Nicole     at 9:29 pm

You have the cutest baby belly!! Own that bikini!

Emma     at 9:46 pm

i live in downtown charleston! hope you’re enjoying the lowcountry!

Kristen, Sweetly     at 11:52 pm

It looks so blissful and relaxing!

Even though I have to leave someone at home… I’m really excited for my vacation next month. (I think North Carolina instead of South.) I’m going to Topsail Island like you did last year!!! I cannot wait. I started talking up those popsicles immediately. ;)

Jamie Walker     at 1:55 am

Hope I look as cute as you in a bikini when I’m pregnant someday…such cute photos!

Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats     at 10:11 am

I love grilled corn on the cob. It 100% reminds me of summer as well!

Enjoy that beach! I can’t wait for summer to “start” at the end of this week for me! ^_^

Lauri (Redheadrecipes.com)     at 2:01 pm

Welcome to Charleston!! We are headed to Folly Beach this week!! Hope you have a great trip!

Tara Deal     at 10:42 pm

Hi!

I just started reading your blog and it’s great! You are such a cute pregnant lady :) I hope that your vacation was amazing….it sure looked like you all enjoyed yourselves. So, this is weird, but I was wondering who was wearing the bright yellow Phi Psi 5K shirt in one of the above pictures…I just graduated from Butler University in Indianapolis and I have that shirt! My fiancee was a Phi Psi and I ran that race a couple of times to support their philanthropy…small world :)