For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Comfort.

We are back in Seattle after a week away in the South Carolina sunshine!  We made it home safe and sound very early Saturday morning, and it felt very strange to be returning here just the two of us.  My little sister, Sarah, has been living with us for the summer, but it’s time for her to head back to school soon, so she flew home to Ohio at the end of our trip.  The house feels very different without her, and I’ve found myself to be really weepy all weekend.  I’ve been spending a lot of time in here…

And because I felt really down and sad about her being gone, I did what anyone would do.  I went to Target and bought things I didn’t need.  A crib mattress cover (okay, I did need this)…

Baby boy’s very first stuffed animal.  We decided a dog seemed fitting.

Accessories for the bathroom nursery.

And an adorable hooded shark towel for after bath time.  TOO cute, right?  Just in time for shark week, too!

The nursery was Sarah’s room all summer long, so other than the wall decal, I haven’t really done much arranging or decorating in here yet.  I decided that instead of being sad that she’s not here anymore, I’d see it as a fun opportunity to start really pulling the nursery together.

This week’s project will be to turn this closet into a cute and functional changing table space.

Assembling and organizing baby stuff makes me happy.

With shopping crossed off the list, there was only one other way to cure the post-vacation-missing-my-sister blues… Comfort food.

I saw Jenna’s recipe for dairy-free spinach stuffed shells, and immediately knew that I had to have them for dinner.  I had all the ingredients already in my kitchen other than the shells, and I was able to score a box of manicotti during my therapeutic trip to Target.  Ignore the giant blob on my baby bump – it’s hard not to spill things on a stomach that protrudes 10 inches from your body.

So I spent my Saturday night piping vegan ricotta into manicotti shells using a Ziploc bag.  Didn’t you?

And after 30 minutes of patient baking, dinner was finally served.

I made zero changes to her recipe, as none were needed – it is perfection.  I can assure you these will be making a frequent appearance in our kitchen from here on out.  Truly delicious, and just the right thing to bring back a much needed smile.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  To read about a few of my favorite vegan recipes, check out my guest post over on Oh She Glows today!

Bitt     at 3:29 pm

Seattle has a plethora of baby consignment and boutiques. Check out bootyland, sugarlump, birth and beyond. I Love them and some great finds. Great to support local businesses too.

I have heard of Birth and Beyond, but will definitely check out the others! Thanks for the tips!

Therese     at 3:44 pm

I am so in love with your nursery! It’s perfect!!!

And yes, yes I do stuff my manicotti using a ziplock bag! Glad I’m not the only one!!!

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 3:51 pm

Love the look of your nursery…it’s so organic, clean, and natural looking…and I love how it’s baby looking without it being cartoon-ish…I would love ours (someday!) to have that kind of look to it :)

And I love how you made the closet into a functional area, so creative!

Zestful Lou     at 6:56 pm

I just made this and used it in a gluten-free, vegan lasagna using zucchini in place of the noodles! It tastes awesome!

Faith A.     at 9:41 pm

The nursery is looking adorable – I am really loving what you are doing with it. It looks so serene. Also, those manicotti look delicious and I am definitely inspired to try them myself – thanks!

Kristen, Sweetly     at 9:58 pm

I’m sorry you had to say goodbye to your sis. It’s nice you had a big relaxing vacation to end your summer together! And now you can get Baby C’s room all set. :-)

Megan     at 11:42 am

Hi Emily – I am a frequent reader, but infrequent commenter. Congrats on your baby to be! I have a six month old boy and have been having a blast. Boys are the best! I thought it would be helpful to tell you one item in our nursery that we couldn’t live without. It’s called the Ultimate Crib Sheet (can be found on Amazon or Babies R Us). It’s a super absorbent mattress pad that goes on top of the sheet and it snaps to the crib rails which makes it super easy to get on and off. And it also means you don’t have to worry about removing the bumper and changing the sheets in the middle of the night if there is spit up or a blow out. You just unsnap the crib sheet and either put a new one on (I have two) or just put baby on the regular sheet. The best part it you can still see the cute sheets because the Ultimate Crib Sheet is just a thin top layer. I highly recommend it!
And I love your nursery!

claire     at 3:26 pm

That is SERIOUSLY the cutest wall decal I’ve ever seen.

Sarah     at 4:32 pm

Emily! Your nursery looks great!

Week 29: My Pregnancy Journey. | Daily Garnish     at 4:32 pm

[…] urges to do things like clean the windows in the car or wash all the sheets in the house.  I worked a little bit more on the nursery this weekend, and am hoping to finish a few more projects this […]

Alice     at 8:53 pm

Shockingly I could not find any sort of stuffable shell at Whole Foods so I thought Lasgna might work with this stuffing—and it did!

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

jtjwkzqihv     at 7:52 am

nQM3Uv ayjikadgjxkb

Augustus     at 6:37 am

Great weblog here! Additionally your website loads
up very fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate link for your host?
I wish my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

website (Augustus)