For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Discovering Seattle.

It’s Friday afternoon and our weekend is almost here.  Which makes me realize I didn’t show you our fun adventure from last weekend – whoops!  We took advantage of a perfect cool Seattle summer day, packed up a backpack, and went hiking in Seattle’s Discovery Park.

It was much more of a trail hike than I was expecting (like paved roads), and it turned out to be really fun.  At the bottom of a giant hill we discovered gorgeous views of the mountains and the water.

And look who else got to come…

Now that we are living in the Pacific Northwest and there is all this fun outdoor adventure to be had, I am determined that we are going to have normal dogs that can do normal dog things – like hiking with us on Sundays!  Our city dogs are a bit pampered and don’t always behave well in public, but bit by bit I think they are getting the hang of it.

It’s so much more fun when we have them with us too!

Absolutely gorgeous.  I can’t wait to explore more of this park on a day when I have more energy.  Only had a few miles in me this time!

Time to keep moving…

Attempts to get a family portrait.  Probably the best you can do with two moving targets!

Days like this make me so happy that we live out here.  The air is cooler and different, and definitely in a good way.

I was always mesmerized when I saw the monuments in DC, and it never got old to drive or walk and around and see their massive presence.  Out here, I feel the same way about the mountains.  This could absolutely never get old.

If you can believe it, this coming weekend is Sarah’s LAST weekend here with us in Seattle.  It truly feels like she just got here, and I think I’m in denial that two months have flown by so quickly.

We are going to fill it with as much fun as we possibly can.  Have a great weekend!

Allison     at 12:50 am

I can’t believe it’s been two months already that your sister has been with you. Time is really flying. It looks beautiful there!

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts     at 5:37 am

It looks like a great walk – and the dogs are clearly loving it! Not too long until your family portraits have an extra addition :)

Alex     at 7:32 am

Take her to Theo chocolate for a tasting and the flying apron bakery!

Elisabeth     at 8:46 am

Wow! Your summer together sure went fast… Hope you all really enjoy your last weekend together. (PS – those photos of Seattle are beautiful – makes me want to move there right now!)

Marie     at 9:01 am

My husband and I just got back from a vacation in Sidney, Victoria and Tofino, British Columbia. It’s just a hop, skip and a jump away from Seattle (but a full day’s trip from my home) and I fell hard for the breathtaking views and the climate. We saw orcas, seals, bald eagles – went hiking through rainforests and along the coast – kayaked through gorgeous inlets and saw more sea stars than I knew existed. So jealous of your new pacific northwest home, especially as I swelter down here in the deep south!

Jackie @ That Deep Breath     at 10:28 am

What a gorgeous hike! Summer went by too fast…enjoy your weekend

Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out     at 12:01 pm

Dogs are very hard to photograph. You guys did pretty good!

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions     at 4:54 pm

Be sure to say hi to my family! They’re all out in Seattle right now visiting my grandparents/aunt who live out there (I’m at home working…lameski).

Amanda P     at 5:03 pm

The Pacific Northwest looks so gorgeous! I hope to live near water someday, and definitely visit Seattle!

olivewineandfood     at 7:27 pm

aww i love hiking! i can’t wait til it cools off a bit for some nice hikes!

Shannon @ My Place In The Race     at 8:11 pm

What a beautiful city! You and your sis are so stinking cute! :)

Katherina @ Zephyr Runs     at 9:25 pm

gahhhhh I want to live there. I keep petitioning!! Looks like a beautiful day :)

Chelsey @ Chew with Your Mouth Open     at 10:10 pm

You and pups are too cute! I have lived in the Seattle are my whole life and have never been to Seattle Discovery Park! It is amazing sometimes, the great things you miss when you live somewhere. Looks like fun, I will have to check it out sometime!

Elly     at 5:45 am

Wow, that’s really beautiful. I want to go for a run there!

Sarah @ EatRunGarden     at 9:04 am

So beautiful and looks like a fun time.

I have a confession to make: I have been reading your blog for a while and I always love reading about you and your family and your adventures but for the last 2 months every time I read your blog it makes me want to pack up and move to Seattle!

Gena     at 5:12 pm

So glad you’re settling in to your new home! And oh so mad, still, that you aren’t here in DC to frolic with me.

Brooke @ BittersweetBrooke     at 9:02 pm

That scenery is gorgeous. I want to travel to the west coast so badly. I know what you mean about the scenery never getting old, I moved to DC 6 months ago and I agree the monuments never cease to amaze me.

Kim @ vegan mama-to-be     at 11:00 pm

You look wonderful – you give me hope that one day I will be out of the first trimester blues, and able to enjoy the summer :) I love seeing your posts about Seattle. We live in Portland, and would like to take more train trips up to the area.

Jen R. (emeraldsunshine.org)     at 11:30 pm

Wow, I can’t believe two months have flown like that either. I hope you enjoy your last weekend together!

Steph @ Running in the Kitchen     at 12:37 pm

What a lovely weekend! I know all about having to manage a city dog in the outdoors. My dog Rooney doesn’t really know what to do with himself when he gets off leash and can run wherever he wants. But within a couple minutes he realizes he can terrorize squirrels and goes on his merry way :)

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Discovery Park Adventures.     at 11:02 am

[…] and headed over to Discovery Park in the Magnolia neighborhood.  I had only been there once last summer, and we didn’t explore too far because I was pregnant and tired.  This time we did quite a […]

running shoes