For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Essentially Seattle.

Since this was Sarah’s last weekend in town with us, we did our best to make sure we did as many quintessential Seattle activities as possible.  Starting with – what else? – Pike Place Market…

Sarah had been before earlier in the summer, but we had arrived just as it was closing so she’d never seen the market in a full swing of activity.

My favorite part of the market is always the flowers.  I just can’t get enough.

Sarah, please don’t leave us!

The market is also a great place to see farmer’s market basics mixed in with exotic fruits and vegetables that might be hard to find elsewhere.  Garlic spears?

Gorgeous fresh lavender that smelled so amazing I wanted to buy up every stalk.

We had a few other errands to run after the market, so I didn’t grab any flowers this time.  I’ll have to get my fix this week from all the beautiful peony pictures.

The market was PACKED since it was a Saturday afternoon, and we were all starving by the time we finished walking through the whole thing.  Quick stop at a local bagel shop for pesto bagels with tofu and veggies.  Yum.

We hung out downtown for a bit and did some shopping, including a stop into Verizon where I ended up getting a new phone!  Casey really wanted me to give him my phone (because it is the only one compatible with his work email system), which meant that I could upgrade early for a new one.

I went back and forth and back and forth a million times, trying to decide if I should stick with the Droid (which I have LOVED) and get a newer model (Incredible, Charge, etc.), or switch gears completely and get an iPhone.  The major deciding factor for me was that I don’t have an iPod, and so I figured that if I switched to an iPhone I could essentially get both with one device.

I went against my gut instinct and got the iPhone, and then as soon as we got home I promptly freaked out that it wasn’t working with any of my mail or calendar programs.  I am an obsessive Gmail and Google user, and my things are not working quite like I want them to on this new phone system.  I’m trying to get used to it and am giving myself a week to adjust.  But if I’m still not loving it by this weekend, I’m going back for a trade!

After my mini phone tantrum, we headed back out for a glorious Seattle evening at our first Mariners game!

Sarah and I waited while Casey bought tickets, expecting to just sit wherever was available for our last minute purchase.  Imagine my surprise when we walked to our seats and I discovered that he bought us tickets 13 rows behind home plate!

It was a fun treat to have such great seats, and I guess it was a special evening at the ballpark because the 2001 Mariners team was all there.  Apparently this is a big deal, but it was kind of lost on me.

The sun was shining and the weather was perfect – the stadium roof was wide open!

I was terrified of being hit by a fly ball, even though we had netting in front of our seats since we were close to the action.

Back in Cincinnati we used to go to a lot of Reds games, and this was my first major league game elsewhere.  The Mariners played horribly, but it was still really fun.

Before we even got there, I did my research to see what our dinner options might be, since I was slightly scared we might be having cotton candy for dinner.  Imagine my surprise to find this gem hidden in section 132…

Healthy, organic, vegan, gluten-free food at the ballpark.  Seriously, is this a dream?  Compared to the prices of traditional ballpark food, it wasn’t even more expensive!

Glorious Field Roast frankfurter veggie dog topped with relish, ketchup, and mustard.

Truly does not get better than that.

A great day spent in downtown Seattle, followed by a great night out at the ballpark.

I’d say Sarah’s last weekend here was very well spent!

Lots to do this week before we head out of town for vacation on Friday.  Back soon with a fun nursery update!

olivewineandfood     at 6:07 pm

are you kidding me?! veg food at a baseball game?! so jealous.

Alaina     at 6:50 pm

Oh man, you are making Seattle look more and more appealing! If I was Sarah, I wouldn’t want to leave! :-)

Kristin @ FoodFash     at 9:41 pm

The tofu and veggie bagel looks amazing! Was the tofu marinated in anything?

Peta     at 10:24 pm

Emily – can you please tell me – what are ‘banana walnuts’?! My family has an organic walnut farm in Australia and i’ve never heard of these delicacies!

Ashley     at 11:02 pm

What I wouldn’t give for a field roast sausage!! So sad I can’t eat them anymore. Your flower photos are gorgeous!! And I would love a tofu bagel! mmm

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts     at 5:28 am

Gorgeous weekend, gorgeous market photos, and seriously amazing vegan / vegetarian food at a sporting event! Wow.

Orla     at 6:22 am

I love your series of posts about discovering Seattle. My partner and I are headed to Seattle for 2 weeks in october. We will be there for my birthday and Sutra is already on the list of places to go for a celebration meal. I am using your posts to build a sort of itinerary! thanks!

Anna Crouch     at 2:12 am

What????? That Gluten free, vegan place at Safe Co HAS to be new!!! I’ve never ever EVER seen it there before!!!!! That’s awesome, though!!!

Zita     at 7:07 am

Hello Emily,

iPhone changed my life… in a good way! :) It is the best! Don’t give up, be patient and learn how to use it. All the photo apps are amazing for example. Do you know Instagram? You should check it out (download it – free) and you will know what I’m talking about. You will be addicted. :)

The iPhone knows everything you need, you just need to be able to learn how to use it!

Go to Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendars and add YOUR Gmail account and when adding make sure you’ll authorize the use of Mail, Notes and Calendar. If you do, everything has to work fine, I have several gmail accounts being used on the iPhone without any problems.

Emily     at 12:03 am

Looks like you had a very Seattle weekend! Glad you enjoyed it!

Heather     at 11:37 am

Where is the bagel shop that makes pesto tofu bagels?! Looks delish!

Weekend. | Daily Garnish     at 10:20 am

[…] for me the whole point of going to the games is the fun of the crowd, and the stadium FOOD!  Last summer I discovered that Safeco Field is very vegetarian friendly.  We headed to an entire stand serving nothing […]

capillus272 tummy tuck before and after     at 12:10 am

The beginning of the end came the day Nia’s boyfriend didn’t take up
her offer of caring for him when he was ill.
Zinc absorption and vitamin C intake could be synergistic.
These products work the best in younger men who have only begun to
lose their hair, and in those whose androgenetic alopecia is still in the early stages where hair is thinning but continuing to grow.

weight loss hcg dr oz     at 10:06 pm

Low calorie and low crab diet is one of the safest rapid weight loss diet plan. Using good times ahead for your weight loss situation can give you awesome results each time you
want to do something effective in making sure you can fit in those pants or that dress for the special occasion. The benefits from HCG diet are
proven; it knocks down weight from the body faster than other diets available
in the market.

chloe sims sulfate free dandruff shampoo for color treated hair     at 1:26 am

Loose, cooling clothing, preferably the kind that will wick moisture away
from your body is an absolute must. The destruction of the prewar establishments left everyone starting and rebuilding from scratch, and those who had a wider perception of the people’s
needs seemed to had the greater advantage. It is because he takes
the song and makes it his own.

Angelina     at 8:37 pm

If you have any questions pertaining to where and ways to utilize web site ( super fast reply
), you can contact us at the web page. Laser procedures
are also used to diminish the emergence of age spots and wrinkles
and also to resurface your skin. If nothing else, it is more “beach and tan” culture than the West LA So many people seeking cosmetic
surgery and there are many thousands of them who can afford it.

best wrinkle cream     at 2:34 am

Good day I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really
found you by mistake, while I was researching on Askjeeve for something else,
Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the
theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the
minute but I have bookmarked it and also
included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do
keep up the excellent b.

Fort Lauderdale Plumbers Eemax Sp2412 Reviews     at 10:03 am

Bamboo is tough and durable and a quick-growing sustainable material.
This is made of vitreous china, a ceramic fired at high temperature to form a non-porous body coated.
Read the easy instructions for making narrow
hallways beautiful, a cunning home improvement project for women in smaller homes.

chloe sims walmart com walmart 1 hour guarantee card     at 10:22 pm

Lucky for you, I’ve discovered two places online where you can get some sweet deals
on lotion and other awesome supplies. A tanning lotions is their hottest selling product and provides you
with amazing results within a few applications for short time periods.
Here is a sample list of 20: abortion, addiction, adolescence, break-ups, crime, death, depression, eating disorders, humor, lucky breaks, mental
disorders, moral dilemmas, pets, poverty, racism, religion, sex, suicide, turning points, and war.

halloween horror night 2014     at 9:59 am

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a
blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

tracey walker san diego     at 6:58 pm

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it
up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later.
All the best

Some Utile Oppugns On Manoeuvres Of Tracey Walker | Search Worker Search Service Search Manpower     at 6:51 am

[…] pop”. at last, in a combat with his son has, two walks. happen out which gimmick tracy walker Detroit you require to be leaving to walk a hitter hittings a home in the takeaway? India tracey walker is […]

Scents to Transform Your Mood & Productivity | Dormify     at 11:01 am

[…] Image via The Daily Garnish […]

best deerfield Beach cpa     at 6:05 pm

BCL’s CPA in Bangalore Enable Effective Running of A Business opportunity Lender.
Jonathan Medows, CPA, MBA iis thhe Managing Member of MEDOWS CPA, PLLC, a boutique Neww York CPA firm serving the needs of individuals, freelancers, self employed individuals & small businesses.
Thhe conflict arises when a certain goal is achieved bbut the return nevber seems to be at the
sme levrl of your expectations.

running shoes