For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Week 25: My Pregnancy Journey.

Week 25 has been a fun one, mostly because we took the bump on vacation to Las Vegas!  Prior to our trip, I was really worried about how I would do with the traveling and heat at 25 weeks pregnant, but I ended up feeling great the whole time.

How Big is the Baby?

Growing and growing as usual!  This week he’s as big as an…eggplant!  One of my personal favorites

More about him this week…

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight is about a pound and a half, and he’s beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he’ll start to look more and more like a newborn. He’s also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you’d now be able to discern its color and texture. (source)

I can definitely believe the size too, judging from how big my belly is and how I am feeling this week.

I noticed last night that I could actually feel him moving on both sides of my stomach, which made me realize just how big he is in there!  Until now it’s been little pokes and jabs in certain sections, but recently I can feel him all over.  He’s taking up a lot more space than he used to!

How I’m Changing

Only one real noticeable change this week, other than the obviously growing stomach.  I told you before that my stomach has gotten disturbingly hairy (ew), and now there is something new to add to it.  I am so ITCHY!  Seriously, my stomach itches.  I find myself scratching my belly like an old man far more often than I am proud of.

Most women also get something called a linea nigra, which is the dark line that appears on your stomach under your belly button.  So far I don’t seem to have this, and I’m crossing my fingers that it stays away, even though I know if it does appear it will fade eventually.  We have another trip to the beach planned in a few weeks, and I’d love to feel comfortable wearing a two-piece again.

How I’m Feeling

I’m feeling a little slower and more exhausted this week.  Simple tasks are becoming less simple, and I’m learning to ask for help more and more.  Traveling this weekend, I found that reaching over into my bag from my airplane seat was nearly impossible, and flying for even 2-hours was pretty uncomfortable.  Makes me a little nervous for the 2 cross-country flights I still have booked during this pregnancy!

I’m having more back pain this week, and I find sitting for long stretches of time to be really hard on my tailbone and lower back.  To be honest, not many positions or ways of sitting are very comfortable anymore, but I think that’s probably to be expected by this late into pregnancy.

But other than a few discomforts and trouble sleeping, I’m still feeling great, eating well, and staying active.  There is so much KICKING now, and it makes me happy all day long.

Odds and Ends

My baby shower invitations went into the mail this week, and it’s just one more thing to make it feel very real and very special.  Could these invitations be any cuter?

Since we aren’t sharing the name until October, the tree is etched with Baby Garnish – TOO CUTE!  I haven’t actually been home since we first told our families that I was pregnant back in February, and it will be fun to go home looking much different this time.

A lot of you asked about the dresses I wore on our Vegas babymoon, so here is the rundown on where I’ve been finding my clothes that fit my new shape…

Purple and white dress worn at the VenetianLiz Lange Maternity from Target.  It’s a little big, as most maternity gear seems to be, but I figured it would grow with me for the rest of my pregnancy.

Long print dress from the Bellagio – not a maternity dress, and from Forever 21!  I found a million cheap and nice looking maxi dresses there, and was able to find a few that hit me in the right spot to not affect the bump.  I was able to get this one in my normal size too, so I should be able to wear it for quite a while.  (And for those who asked, Sarah’s dress is from Target!)

Yellow and blue strapless dress at the Red Rocks – this one I got on sale at A Pea in the Pod (maternity store).  A Pea in the Pod is mostly designer maternity wear, but I have found some really nice pieces on sale there, and it’s worth having a few nice things for special occasions.  Fore more maternity talk, check out a few more of my favorite maternity essentials over on Babble today!

For previous weekly updates or other pregnancy-related posts, make sure to check out the pregnancy page!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 8:44 am

You are absolutely radiant and beautiful!

Love your shower invites too!

Jen     at 9:25 am

You continue to look so amazing :) And my belly is already itchy!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 9:26 am

You seriously rock pregnancy. :)

And those invites are precious. Wish I could be there at your baby shower. I want to shower you with love!

eva @5fruitsNveggies     at 11:08 am

oh you bring me back so many memories! mine are now 9 & 7…i remember the itchy skin—oh and the charlie horses in the middle of the night!….never got the ‘linea’…you look absolutely lovely! glowing to no end : )

Cindy Robinson     at 11:37 am

You look so cute in all of those dresses! A few of my girlfriends had the issue with itching, and found that an over the counter lotion called Sarna worked good for them. Hope you find a little relief soon! :) Happy Friday!

Melissa {west coast nest}     at 12:02 pm

Your babymoon looked so fun! I’m so happy you shared where you found your fun dresses — I was so curious! I’ve been following your pregnancy from the start — so cool of you to share this amazing time in your life! Best wishes in the last 15 weeks! :)

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 12:47 pm

You look so beautiful Emily and I love your long hair too…pregnancy definitely fits you well and you’re absolutely glowing. I hope to look just as good as you when I’m pregnant! :)
And I love love those dresses, I’ll definitely have to check out Forever 21 and Target!

Wow, an eggplant? Those little buggers sure grow fast :) You’re glowing as usual!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 1:19 pm

You look amazing! I can’t believe how much the little one has grown. You wear it (and the dresses so well)! You look stunning!

Katy @ MonsterProof     at 1:50 pm

You’re looking great! As for the linea nigra? Mine only appeared after I gave birth! Weird… Still have it, but it’s only been 6 weeks.

www.theevolvinghomemaker.com     at 2:45 pm

Adorable. Simply adorable. :)

Jen

Elisabeth     at 3:18 pm

You look so beautiful & healthy in this week’s baby bump pics!

MeAgan     at 3:21 pm

You look amazing! :-) I am 32 weeks and had a lot of the same fears in the beging but once I felt my baby girl move its like a calm washed over me! I still have times when I worry and then she’ll kick or squirm and everything feels alright :-) It’s such an exciting time! I am super happy for you and wish you the very best!!!

Stacy @ Stacy Eats     at 4:28 pm

You look beautiful and so happy! Love it!

Jessica @ Jess Go Bananas     at 5:34 pm

You truly have that motherly glow! Happy to hear all is going smoothly with the pregnancy! :)

erica     at 8:59 pm

You are so cute and your invites are so cute!

I didn’t have a linea negra until AFTER I gave birth…it’s a little noticeable still but every day I was pregnant I looked for a line!

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family     at 10:24 am

I did get the line on the belly, but it does disappear. I also we super itchy…I just kept lathering up with cocoa butter (or any lotion that was close by).
You look FABULOUS!
Thanks for sharing all of your clothing finds.

Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength     at 4:20 pm

Love love love ur dresses and invites! And you look wonderful! The best thing for me when I was pregnant if my back hurt was to stretch my hips. Many times back pain just comes from tight hip flexors. Hope it helps. :)

Meagan     at 8:11 pm

Your belly is beautiful!

pregnancy info     at 5:07 am

Great Website & Information , Maybe You Can visit My Website Too at Pregnancy Info

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 1:15 pm

Oh my gosh you are gorgeous!

I love your maxi dresses, they seriously got me through my my pregnancy as, like you, I found that maternity wear was just too big for me.

Kirk Wilcox     at 9:08 am

Well congrats i hope you are doing well ?

Kirk Hamilton     at 9:26 am

I hope everything is well with the baby?

running shoes