Week 26: My Pregnancy Journey.

I think this might be one of the last weeks where my updates are in terms of the baby’s length.  After this, I think he becomes something gargantuan like a melon!

But for this week, he’s a LONG as an English cucumber

He weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures ~14 inches from head to heel.  I cheated and used the regular cucumber that I already had in the refrigerator, so he’s probably actually much longer than this!

How I’m Changing

Not much to report on changes this week, other than the fact that my stomach just keeps on growing.  Kicks and thumps continue, which I absolutely love, and I’m starting to be able to predict his sleeping and kicking patterns.  I have also developed a slightly irrational fear of falling while pregnant.  I am trying hard to be extra careful!

Exercising for Two

I’m doing really well with my pregnancy exercise and feeling great about how much I’ve been able to do.  I’m hoping to write a detailed post on my pregnancy weight-lifting routine later this week.

For other expecting moms, check out the maternity fitness clothes giveaway over on Babble this week!

As part of my fitness routine, I try to walk 3 miles almost every day around a beautiful spot here called Greenlake.  More and more I am starting to need to go slower and slooower.  Usually somewhere around mile two, I’ll feel some dull pains on my lower right side, and I’m pretty sure it’s round ligament pain.  Last week, I even took a break and sat in the grass for a bit half-way around the lake!

Working out feels great, but also really exhausting.  As I explained to Casey yesterday, imagine doing all of your normal daily activities with a 15 pound weight plate strapped to your stomach.  Carrying around this big belly and the extra pounds definitely takes a toll on me by the end of the day, but overall I still feel really good.

Buying for Baby

We made some exciting progress in the nursery department this week!  I finally broke down and ordered the glider/rocker that I had actually picked out weeks ago.  For some reason I kept going back and forth on this and procrastinated actually placing the order.  Of course, when I went to order it this weekend I was told that because I picked custom wood and fabric, it would take 12-14 weeks to come in.  OOPS!  I placed the order anyways and am hoping for the best (due in 14 weeks!).

This isn’t the right wood or fabric, but the chair will (hopefully) look something like this…

pTRU1-6540251dt

It’s not really my typical furniture style, and Casey claimed his grandma had the same one when he first saw it, but it’s really comfortable and practical, and I think it’s what will work best for our space.  The main reason I chose this over one of the more modern upholstered chair types of rockers is that:  1.  This one reclines, which I feel will be VERY important for nursing and napping.  And, 2.  It is much, much smaller than a big upholstered chair!  Our nursery is teeny tiny, and space is premium.  I also ordered the matching ottoman – I can’t wait for them to arrive!

On Babble today, I wrote about my 10 favorite all natural bath and beauty products.  I think cleaning up health and beauty products is an important thing that we should ALL consider, not just expecting moms!  I’m planning to eventually write more about the rest of our products and cleaners as well, as we’ve done a pretty major overhaul in our house over the past year or so.

Odds and Ends

• Pregnancy length:  26 weeks, 4 days
  • Total weight gained:  13-14 pounds
  • Weeks left:  A little less than 14 – wow!
  • Favorite food this week:  TJ’s Caribbean popsicles
  • Days ‘til next appointment:  seven
  • Days ‘til beach vacation:  nine!
  • Days I will be spending at the beach:  seven!
  • Bathing suits ordered for vacation:  four (hoping two will fit)
  • Baby registries created:  two – hurrah!
  • Months until baby shower:  one, exactly
  • Mystery baby gifts received from unknown senders:  one (?)

Back next week with the LAST update from my second trimester!  How did that happen!?!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope     at 4:49 pm

Wow, you look so beautiful!!

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life     at 4:50 pm

You look amazing I can’t get over how great you look! I’ve been reading your blog since before you annouced you were pregnant and it seems like time is flying!!!! Each week I love love love reading your update posts!

I’m so glad – thank you!

Hannah     at 4:52 pm

I can NOT get over how good you look! Just glowing!

Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous     at 4:53 pm

Yay!! Looking absolutely beautiful!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 4:53 pm

Gorgeous! I think pregnant women look so great in athletic wear. Not to mention yoga pants have got to be super comfy for a tired momma!

Yoga pants and sweatpants are my pregnant uniform. :)

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 4:54 pm

Baby shower already? Can’t wait to read about that soon enough!

I know – time flies! We have to do it a little early since I need to fly out of town for it, and don’t really want to fly after 32 weeks.

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin     at 4:54 pm

I can only hope to look slightly as good as you when I’m pregnant. You are GLOWING!!

You are so nice – thank you!

Anne @ The Denim Pixie     at 4:57 pm

LOOOVE the belly pics! You look amazing!!!

Caitlin     at 4:58 pm

Did you get a plate? If so, it was from me!!!!!!

Ahh YES! That was you?? Haha, THANK you!! It came from Utah with no note, and I was so confused! :)

Caitlin Reply:

I asked you for your address like, last week and said I was shipping something to you :) LOL.

He won’t be able to use it for a long time, I suppose, but I thought it was SOOOO cute and right up your alley.

Haha I know, but the Utah address confused me. :) I love it and can’t wait to use it! THANK YOU again!

Caitlin Reply:

That’s true about Utah! They had no space to write a gift wish on their site. Something fun to blog about one day, too!

Allison     at 4:58 pm

You do look amazing! I am so excited for you.

RhodeyGirl     at 4:58 pm

What was the gift you received from the mystery sender?

You look GREAT Emily! I love your baby belly! So gorgeous.

I’m glad you have a fear of falling- you should be careful like I wasn’t! My back got so bruised from my fall and I had to spend 6-8 horrible hours at the hospital all because I wasn’t paying attention in my flip flops.

Also, where did you register?

It was a kid’s food plate, but I think the sender just identified herself! :) Registered at BabiesRUs and Land of Nod because they are the two main stores we have here in Seattle. Wish we had a Buy Buy Baby here!

RhodeyGirl Reply:

I’m so creepy and just stalked both registries. LOVE what you’ve picked out!

Any thoughts on toys/entertainment stuff? Are you going to wait and see what you need? My friend last night just convinced me I need to register for at least a couple of toys so I did, but I hate that they are all made in China.

Thanks! :) I did a few wooden toys at Land of Nod, but I know I need more plushy/stuffed animal type of stuff. I also hate that they are all plasticy and obnoxious colors – hoping to find some natural stuff somewhere!

Katie G. Reply:

These are some of my favorite organic cotton plush baby toys. Great for teething too (you can even soak them in some water and freeze them to sooth painful gums when teeth are coming in). http://www.underthenile.com/underthenile/categorybyDept-196.htm

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey     at 5:00 pm

You look particularly beautiful this week, Emily (we all seem to agree!). :)
I look forward to the Baby Garnish updates every week.

~

Thank you so much! I have fun writing them. :)

Meagan     at 5:01 pm

You look amazing! Does Casey take these pictures every time?

Sarah takes them since she’s home with me during the day, but after next week she’ll be gone and I’ll have to start recruiting Casey again! I wonder if anyone will notice a difference… :)

Sana Reply:

Hahaha, we will have to see who does a better job ;)

Brittany @ a healthy slice of life     at 5:05 pm

You are so darn cute pregnant! An you won’t regret the glider. Check out my nursery post tomorrow because I think I got the same one. I ordered it with custom wood and pillows, too, and it arrived sooner than they predicted.

It’s my favorite chair I’ve ever sat in!

Julie S.     at 5:10 pm

I think you will be so glad you got the ottoman, too. For some reason, I HAD to have my feet up while nursing!

You’re going to LOVE your baby shower! One of my all time BEST days EVER!! :)

Cara     at 5:12 pm

Your hair is so long – it’s gorgeous! Are you growing it out?

More just avoiding finding a new hairdresser in Seattle. :)

MegaNerd     at 5:18 pm

I remember my sister waddling around the last few weeks practically holding her belly up. I can’t even imagine how strapping 15 lbs around my stomach would feel. Great job for keeping up the workouts for two. :)

Side note: I find it funny that I am from Florida and don’t have four swimsuits from the past like 5 years combined… and you ordered that many for your vacation. Maybe I need to get a new suit… lol.

Weeeeeell none of my old bottoms fit around my new gigantic waistline. I’m hoping that two of four fit, and I can return the others! :)

colleen     at 5:23 pm

Wow – 14 weeks to go! What happened to the time? Enjoy these remaining weeks. You’re still looking fabulous!

Lisa     at 5:28 pm

Oh my gosh, look at you!!! You look amazing and definitely have the pregnancy glow :-) At 26 weeks we were moving into our new house, I still can’t believe that happened. Now at 36 weeks 4 days, I can barely keep my eyes open while sitting in front of my computer working :-) Can’t believe how quickly time is flying by!

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.)     at 5:31 pm

I can’t believe how big your belly is (I mean that in the nicest way possible :) ). It seems like just yesterday I was reading that you were pregnant, and now you have 14 weeks left! Crazy!

You look so cute though :)

….am i the only one who thinks its weird you got a gift from someone and you have no idea who it is?

Haha I figured out who it is from. :) And I can’t believe how big my belly is either!!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 5:34 pm

Emily- you look great! You’re exactly as I hope to be if I ever have kids some day. (hope that doesn’t sound too creepy!) It’s great how you’ve been able to keep up a healthy, fit lifestyle even with a 15lb weight around your stomach :)

Thank you so much!

eep     at 5:38 pm

I think I bought the exact same glider, for many of the same reasons. I didn’t really want and couldn’t fit one of the larger gliders in my house. My youngest is now over 1, so the glider gets less use than in once did, but it still has a fond place in my heart. I go back and forth about getting rid of it now that it can be replaced by a more versatile piece of furniture.

Caroline     at 5:59 pm

You are seriously such a pregnancy inspiration! Babies are FAR off into the future for me, but I love these posts anyways. Oh, and I’m sure you know this.. but your arms look amazing!!

Silvia @ skinny jeans food     at 6:06 pm

Wow, your belly is growing! And time flies, already 6 1/2 months… but 14 weeks still seems quite a long way to go, but you seem to really enjoy it.

Michaela     at 6:16 pm

you look fab, fab, fab!! As others have said already, I am reading your blog for a while now, and if it seems time is flying for me, how does it feel for YOU? It is amazing! You have changed so much.

Feels amazing! And FAST!

Mandy     at 6:30 pm

How many calories do you estimate you are eating a day at this stage in your pregnancy? You look great!

No idea. Probably 2,000?

Jessica Sinclair     at 7:04 pm

You look beautiful…pregnancy definately is agreeing with you! The new fear of falling is because your center of balance is constantly changing as you get bigger….fear not I’ve been pregnant twice and I only fell once (in the winter putting the dog out during an ice storm (I live in the Ottawa Valley where they had that huge ice storm in 1997/98). I actually fell on the dog (poor her) but she patiently let me climb off of her before proceeded into the yard.

Ciera @ Rose & Thistle     at 7:14 pm

Your bump is looking super cute! I hope I look like that whenever I eventually have kids :) The glider is a great choice, I used to work in a daycare (in the baby room) and we had one which was a total lifesaver. I think the babies prefer the movement of the glider to a rocker and it really saves your arms (and back) when the babies get bigger. Might not be the cutest, but whatever, totally worth it!

Kristin     at 7:15 pm

u look SOOOOOO good!!!! I can’t wait to see pictures of your little guy soon ! he is going to be adorable i’m sure and u will be the best mom and dad! :) PS- I am now addicted to your mediterranean quinoa salad!!thank you so much for making that recipe! do you think it would work with millet as well?? im out of quinoa… :(

Yep, just toast the millet first!

Kristin Reply:

Thank you!!! :)

christina cadden     at 7:39 pm

Cute photos! You look great!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt     at 7:45 pm

You look amazing, Emily! I loved reading your Babble post. I am really into natural products myself (I am actually doing a series about them on my blog now) since I am trying to conceive. I am definitely going to check out some of your recommendations!

Kristen @ Change of Pace     at 7:51 pm

Wait till you are 40+ weeks walking! You’ll go like 20 steps and be like omg I can’t breathe haha!

Elizabeth     at 7:57 pm

I am not event pregnant and I can’t get enough of your pregnancy posts. I’m engaged and my fiance and I both want a bunch of kids. I especially enjoy all of the product reviews and suggestions even though I know that that’s a lot of work for you it’ll be worth it. Would you be willing to make a list of some or even all of your chosen baby products I could keep for when my time comes?

Sarah     at 8:07 pm

You look so healthy and vibrant! I’m loving reading your posts, and I hope you have a great upcoming appointment and vacation.

Ashley     at 8:24 pm

!!!! You look tremendous !!!! That color is amazing on you. Awesome update! Glad you’re doing so well. :)

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions     at 8:24 pm

That Training for Two shirt is ridiculously adorable, as is that picture of you looking down at your belly. I seriously love these updates so much.

olivewineandfood     at 8:27 pm

you are beautiful!

Gina (Yogattude)     at 8:29 pm

Haha, I laughed out loud at Casey’s comment on the glider! That is so awesome that you are out walking Green Lake every day, it’s such a nice walk!

Lauren     at 8:32 pm

Do you ever get tired of hearing how amazing you look? Because I feel like I tell you this every time you post a preg update, but I just can’t help it. You are my pregnant inspiration!! :)

Kim     at 10:32 pm

You do such a great job recapping each week of pregnancy — and I seriously look forward to these posts!! Love the belly : )

Katherine     at 10:33 pm

I am loving that baby bump!

Danica     at 10:53 pm

You’re looking fantastic! I’m also pretty sure every woman dreams to look as great as you do when they’re pregnant-way to go for exercising and eating right! :)

marissa     at 11:03 pm

what a super adorable baby bump! Just found your site and LOVE it! Found you from a link from Bess Be Fit on your blueberry banana bread! looks so yummy and I think my boys will LOVE it! Might make tomorrow! Can’t wait to read more on your blog!!!

I’d love to share this recipe on my blog and then link back to you? If you don’t mind! I think my readers would LOVE it,

Welcome to the blog! So glad you found it. You are welcome to link to the recipe. Thanks!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com     at 11:11 pm

Love love reading your pregnancy updates! Times do fly by so quickly and you would be hitting into your 3rd trimester soon :)

Jen     at 11:18 pm

You look SO GOOD Emily! Love those toned arms and can’t wait to read about your pregnancy strength training routine.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn     at 11:46 pm

Oh my gosh. Girl, I love the picture of you looking down at your belly. You are so beautiful!!!!

p.s. your baby is big enough to hold!!! Ahhhh so exciting!!

Kim     at 3:25 am

Wow! You look absolutely INCREDIBLE Emily!
Just beautiful… :D
Hope you have a fabulous time at the beach!!

Laura (A Swiss-American Life)     at 4:18 am

You look fannnntastic! Such an inspiration to other expecting moms, or women like me who *hope* to be expecting soon! I’m excited to see your post about your weight-lifting routine.

Hayley @ Oat Couture     at 6:46 am

You look amazing! :)

Cassie @ Back to Her Roots     at 7:38 am

You look AMAZING! I love these posts!

And can you imagine what it feels like and how exhausting it is to be 25, 50, or 100 pounds or more overweight? I had no idea why I was so tired until I started losing weight. That’s a lot of extra work!

Katherina @ Zephyr Runs     at 7:58 am

You are the cutest pregnant woman! You probably look how most women want themselves to look when they’re pregnant. I just realized every comment before this says the same thing, but whatever. You GLOW!

Kristen @ The Concrete Runner     at 8:50 am

Aw, you look so cute! It’s amazing how much rounder your stomach is than mine! My baby sits really funny – I think she actually punches/kicks my back most of the time! Enjoy the last week of your 2nd trimester – at 27 weeks, I’m experiencing all new amounts of aches and pains. Not fun!

Nic     at 8:50 am

I just LOVE your belly pics!
Especially the ones you look down kind of like “whoa where did you came from?!”!
Thanks for sharing your expirience!

Jackie @ That Deep Breath     at 9:21 am

You look amazing! It’s so fun getting to look back through previous Pregnancy Journey posts to see how quickly you’ve changed. It feels like just last week you made the announcement to us!

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family     at 10:27 am

You look gorgeous. I think pregnant women just have a look about them (I don’t want to say glow) and you can just see how happy they are.
I can’t believe you only have 14 weeks to go. I have enjoyed every week that you have shared with us…and like everyone else we cannot wait for Baby Boy Garnish to arrive.
Congrats again Emily and Casey.

Kate @ NaturaStride     at 10:37 am

Looking fabulous, girl! I’m really enjoying these weekly updated – I have honestly learned so much from you.
“Training for Two” – love it.

Danielle Sparavalo     at 10:52 am

You look so great!!! Love the post. Working out has been getting tougher and tougher for me as well. Glad to hear I am not alone. Keep up the amazing work!

Brooke @ bittersweetb     at 10:55 am

I love that tank you have “training for two”, its adorable. I’m hoooked on these weekly updates about baby garnish. Thank you so much for sharing all this every week!

Rebecca Pleasure     at 11:05 am

I walked around Greenlake every day during my pregnancies too. The perfect distance and always something to see. I still jog or walk it several times a week. If you’d like to meet up sometime, let me know.

eva @5fruitsNveggies     at 12:05 pm

your fear of falling is rational…with my first pregnancy, i fell 3 times!…ridiculous, i know…my 2nd pregnancy, i was so much more stable–never fell, but also did not gain as much weight…2 times were on a bicycle–getting in a couple of rides before month 5 when i would have to completely stop…and the 3rd time, i did not see something on the floor at my inlaws, and i did a face plant…

Balancing Sylvia     at 12:37 pm

I agree with everyone else here. You’re making quite the beautiful mama! I can totally tell you’ve been hitting the weights too. Your arms look awesome :D

Emily     at 12:49 pm

You’ve never looked more gorgeous! This is one lucky boy..

It seems so cheesy and stereotypial to say, but it really is true. You are one glowing pregnant woman! The happiness just glows from within. It’s so exciting getting to see a pregnancy this up close. I really hope I get to experience it myself someday!

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 12:57 pm

Still loving these posts so much and I love your baby bump! You’re seriously the cutest pregnant mama ever and you’re absolutely glowing! Awesome job on keeping up with the workouts, I hope to be able to do the same! :)

Connie     at 1:02 pm

I just read your article over on Babble on Natural products. Loved it. I would love to hear about your thoughts on makeup.

Lily     at 1:39 pm

I also love your pregnancy updates, especially since I’m considering trying for a pregnancy within the next year…fingers crossed. While I 100% concur with everyone that you LOOK amazing (you hella do), what I really want to focus and comment on is that you seem to FEEL amazing – the most important part. Keep glowing, girl – can’t wait to “meet” Baby G through your blog!

sarah     at 2:10 pm

Emily, you look wonderful! All smiles and all belly! I especially love that “training for 2″ tank, it is so unique. I will be in Seattle next week if you want to grab some tea! xx,
Sarah

Ali     at 2:33 pm

You are the cutest lil’ pregnant lady ever. I LOVE going to Greenlake… my best friend lives near there and when I go visit her, I make sure I get one walk/run around there:)

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed     at 6:46 pm

You look amazing, Emily! Stunning. & I LOVE your workout top – training for two – far too cute :)
Heidi xo

Katy (The Singing Runner)     at 3:14 pm

You look fantastic and so beautiful!

tman     at 10:00 pm

is that what i think it is in the first picture? a Dil** HAHAHAH

Jill     at 9:19 am

Congrats to you. You look great and happy. Have fun with your new baby

Jill Porter     at 9:21 am

You look so happy. Good luch to you and the new baby

Alexis     at 12:29 pm

Hi,

I realize this is an old post, but where did you get your glider? In the market for one and trying to figure out what’s best! Yours seems pretty sweet. Are you happy with it some time later? Thanks!

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Project Nursery: Here We Go!     at 7:24 am

[...] also planning to move the glider and ottoman that are currently in his room to the nursery, and replace it with a big bean bag chair [...]

benjaminstravels.com     at 3:57 pm

I blog often and I genuinely thank you for your content.
Your article has truly peaked my interest.
I will bookmark your site and keep checking for new details about
once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed too.