Week 28: My Pregnancy Journey.

I am beyond excited to be doing this week’s update from the beach!  And I was even more excited when I realized that this week’s vegetable worked well in our weekly meal plan (coleslaw).  :)

How Big is the Baby?

This week, he weighs as much as a big ol’ cabbage!

He’s up to almost three pounds now, and measures over a foot – close to 15 inches!  I can definitely feel he is getting longer – mostly in my ribcage where he is kicking and pushing.

How I’m Changing

There has been some serious belly growth this week.  I feel like I have a basketball strapped to my stomach and I absolutely love it.  It’s funny – the bigger I get, the more I love being pregnant.

Outtakes.  :)

IMG_1294 (427x640)  IMG_1295 (427x640)

How I’m Feeling

Physically I feel great.  Other than discomfort sleeping and back pain from sitting for long periods of time, I have no complaints.  I did find that the cross-country red eye flight at this point in pregnancy was a little rougher than I expected.  By the end I felt really swollen, and had some serious cankles.  Nothing a good night sleep and a long walk on the beach couldn’t fix, but I’m already dreading the flight back home.

I had a bit of an emotional week too.  Pregnancy hormones are in full swing, and I have cried through more episodes of Grey’s Anatomy than I care to admit.  On Wednesday I had my 28 week prenatal appointment (and first gestational diabetes test), followed by my three-hour glucose screening test on Friday.  I have to be honest – I was really surprised at the reaction I got from my post about the first diabetes test.  It just goes to show that there is always room to learn and evolve as a writer, and writing in the moment does not always come across as intended.

I was definitely upset at first to learn that my glucose numbers were high, but once the initial surprise wore off, I was prepared to manage whatever came next.  I never expected pregnancy to be perfect, and I’m actually pretty proud of how I’ve spent my first 28 weeks.  Pregnancy has given me a new respect and appreciation for both my own body, and women in general.  The human body is incredible

I am happy to report that I received the test results for my 3-hour diabetes screening test, and I passed with flying colors!  I feel very relieved to not be diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  But I’m also thankful for the experience as a whole.  It not only caused me to take a second look at my sugar consumption, but to also realize that no matter what bumps might come our way in the next few months, we are most definitely ready to be parents.

Even though he was traveling for business, Casey was such a huge support through the whole week.  He’s going to be such a wonderful dad, and one of the things I look forward to the most is getting to see him hold his son for the first time.

Odds and Ends

For as much as some women might shudder at the thought of going to the beach at 28 weeks pregnant, I am loving it!  I shared the many reasons it’s great to be pregnant at the beach on Babble this week – there is no place I’d rather relax than in the sand with a good long book.  For the official belly bump photos, a bathing suit seemed most fitting given our surroundings…

My bump has definitely gone from a big curve to more like a hanging beach ball.  Compared to other pregnant ladies I’ve seen, it seems like I’m carrying really low – don’t you think?  I find myself with my hand under my stomach a lot, supporting it more and more as it gets later in the day.

In between beach reads and naps, I’ve been spending my afternoons day dreaming about our next beach vacation – when we have little Baby C running around splashing and discovering the waves and the sand for the first time.  My heart feels like it could explode just thinking about it.  I can’t wait to teach him how to build a drip castle!

Twelve weeks to go…

creativecripple     at 11:39 pm

Yay on passing your 3hr glucose test! I’m very happy for you! You look awesome and I’m super jealous you get to spend so much time on the beach! :D

Kate     at 11:44 pm

Yay- so glad you passed! You DO look like you’re carrying low. Is that common for boys?

Love the colourful bikini, and SO jealous of your beach vacation (though luckily I’ll be doing something similar when I’m at the same stage!)

Katy @ MonsterProof Reply:

That’s why everyone always assumed I was having a boy! In front and low.

Ashley     at 11:49 pm

Awww, so sweet. It does seem like you’re carrying low and aren’t as popped out as I’ve seen before. Cute either way. :) That dress is gorgeous on you + you look radiant. So happy to hear you’re in the clear for the gest. diabetes. Great news! Jealous of your beach adventures!

Kim @ vegan mama-to-be     at 11:49 pm

You look gorgeous and I love, love your dress!

Vanessa     at 11:50 pm

You look absolutely glowing in these photos! :-)

Jaime     at 11:50 pm

definitely carrying low! so adorable.

I LOVED making drip castles when I was little. Brings back the best memories :)

Kathleen     at 11:52 pm

Emily, first, I love your blog and the honest portrayal you give of your life. No one is ever going to be perfect, but you embrace your imperfections with so much grace! Also, you look so vibrant in all of these pictures. Can’t wait for Baby C to be introduced to your blog readers :)

Maya     at 11:54 pm

ohhh WOW that comment section on your last post is ridiculous! Way to still put yourself out there & stay strong. I remember that happening to Jenna (Eat, Live, Run) over a few posts a few months ago and was just shocked at peoples’ ability to be rude over the internet with someone they don’t even know! So strange!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat)     at 11:56 pm

I didn’t think I’d ever say this…but you make me WANT to be pregnant! You look beautiful, Em!

Kristin Reply:

AGREEDD!!! Ahhh! I need to hold off for at least 2-5 more years until my husband is out of chiropractic school and we have money saved up!!! Emily, you look soooo wonderful and congrats!!! I knew you’d pass :)

Michaela Reply:

I was just thinking the same thing :)

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma)     at 11:58 pm

Lookin’ great & so cute in that bathing suit!

Anna     at 12:12 am

I’m so glad you passed!!! Yay!

Even though I’m no where near pregnancy, I really enjoy these posts.

I love your dress too!!!

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion)     at 12:15 am

Yayy, congratulations on passing the test! :)

You look gorgeous… and I absolutely love your dress!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 12:28 am

So happy for you that you passed the test :) You look great, especially in that bathing suit!

E     at 12:33 am

So glad the 3 hour test was normal! Now you can really enjoy your vacation. You look so cute in this week’s pics – love the sunkissed glow on your face & the striped bikini. Being pregnant really seems to ‘agree’ with you :)

Sana     at 12:35 am

Yay for awesome test results! ANd you look STUNNING int the dress :)

Kate     at 1:08 am

Hi Emily!

I pretty much never comment online, but I’ve been really into your blog for a while now and I just wanted to say that I love it! I really enjoy hearing about your healthy eating and pregnancy progress. I hope mine (one day, not now, ha) goes well. I feel like I’m learning so much from you! And I’m glad you post your real reactions to things, because I’m pretty sure I would feel the same way… :) Way to rock that belly!

Kathy Vaughn     at 2:10 am

I’m a nurse and glucose testing should always be done fasting. Your first time would have been perfect if you had not just eaten lunch. You are in great shape, not to worry. Boys seem to carry low, I should know, I’ve had three. That’s a whole ‘nother story. Be safe with all the air travel. Keeps those ankles elevated as much as possible when you are not doing your normal walking. Been pregnant four times and a grandmother twice, plus those tours in labor and delivery as a nurse. Everyone is different. Listen to your body, follow your instinct, and you, baby, and Casey will be better than fine. Hey you gave me the joy of cooking with tofu, it’s the least I could give back.

Jackie @ That Deep Breath     at 4:12 am

you guys are going to be great parents!! congratulations on the test results!

Katie B.     at 5:06 am

You are too cute – way to bare the belly!! You definitely have that beautiful pregnancy glow about you!! Random question which I might have missed, what do you do in the ways of prenatal vitamins?

Hwasun     at 6:06 am

Looking at you so beautiful and happy makes me smile and also emotional. I can’t see myself pregnant at least in 5 years but whenever it happens I think it will be a really beautiful thing.

Much to My Delight     at 6:54 am

Wow, you look absolutely beautiful! You look so glowing, healthy and strong. Pregnancy definitely looks good on you.

Katie KS     at 6:57 am

Congrats on passing the test! I will have to go read the comments. I know I was trying to be supportive in mine – hope it came across that way!

You do seem to be carrying low, at least compared to what I looked like at 28 weeks – both times!(Considering we are fairly similar proportion-wise elsewhere.) But also your belly is tan and great looking and mine is veiny and pale and has a bunch of chicken pox scars all stretched out so … yeah :) :)

Up close mine is veiny and hairy. No worries. :)

Katie     at 7:13 am

Hi Emily,

I have been following your blog for awhile, have never commented though. Just wanted to say you are GLOWING and look like a super healthy and relaxed mumma to be!! I love the honesty in your writing, one of the many reasons I keep reading.

Can’t wait to see pictures of little Baby C :)

Thanks Katie!

Staci     at 7:44 am

So happy your 3-hour is done and you can now move on with enjoying your healthy, pregnant self.

I had the same feeling when I was pregnant – the bigger I got, the better I felt. I think a lot of it tied in to me finally being okay with gaining weight knowing that I was carrying a precious gift.

You look ADORABLE in that suit. Have a great, relaxing time!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 7:45 am

You look beautiful! Your stomach looks so good too! Are you using a cream for stretch marks or anything like that? I’ve seen some of the other bloggers use various things so I was just curious. I’m so nervous about getting them (so trivial, I know) when I’m ready for a baby.

Not really – just my usual body lotion!

Kelly     at 7:47 am

Congrats on the glucose test! I agree with you…I enjoyed my pregnancy the bigger my belly got (until a few weeks ago…I’m 38 weeks now!). I loved having my growing belly showing for all to see. I look forward to reading your posts throughout the rest of your pregnancy and beyond!

Emily     at 7:51 am

You look beautiful! I hope I look as glowing and pretty when I’m pregnant. Plus– bathing suit is super cute.

I write in a journal every day. If I had to post everything I’ve written in the moment, no one would think I was sane or capable, even though I know that I am both. I’m glad you were able to take the criticism some people made in the last entry in stride and with great poise!

Paige     at 7:55 am

Congratulations on passing your glucose test! You look so cute in your photos too! I love your honesty about everything you’re going through – and I think it was probably good for you to get your disappointment over failing the glucose test last week off your chest. Have a great vacation!

Shari     at 8:07 am

You just radiate happiness – both in your smile and in your words. What a beautiful, magical time this is for you :)

And WHOOHOO for getting great results on the glucose screening!!

Lee     at 8:10 am

Haha, I love that you got excited to use the cabbage in your meal. A sign of a chef, for sure!

Congrats on passing the test.

Haha is that not normal? :)

Bethany @ One Girl's Taste On Life     at 8:11 am

Love your bathing suit! I am currently 20 weeks pregnant and am planning a Florida vacation around 32 weeks. You mentioned a few posts ago that your maternity bathing suits came in on time. I have been searching the past few days for some cute maternity bathing suits to take with me, but am not having very much luck. Where did you find yours? Thanks in advance!

PS I hope my little baby bump is half as cute as yours when I’m that prego! :P

It’s actually just a regular two piece from Victoria’s Secret, but I ordered in a size up!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups     at 8:18 am

You already ARE a great parent! I’m so happy about your second test, and I hope you’re enjoying your trip!

RhodeyGirl     at 8:23 am

I think I am carrying low too. Other people complain about being short of breath or having the baby way up high at this point, and I am not feeling any of that. In fact, I hold up my belly all the time to support it.

You look great Emily, and I am happy to hear you passed the GD test (told you!)

PS- Regarding the comments in the original GD post, I completely disagree with them! You are NOT being dramatic at all! GD is serious as are thyroid issues. AND when it is your first baby it is very normal to be worried about every thing- especially the things you have been worried about!

Luna     at 8:26 am

Aww, you are so beautiful!!I love the swimming suit shot!I am so happy your test results are ok!

Amy*     at 8:28 am

I love your hat! Too cute!*

Tanya @ Vegan Faith     at 8:28 am

You are so beautiful Emily!

Christina     at 8:28 am

You might try support stockings for your flight back- like old people and diabetics wear. They are uncomfortable at first but you will feel so much better after the flight.

ally@girlVfood     at 8:30 am

My sister had a boy and by the end of her pregnancy, the kid had practically set up shop on her hip bones! She wasn’t in pain, just uncomfortable, but we all swore it meant the baby would come early. I kept telling her he was ‘cooked’, and he was! He ended up being about a week early. Low-carrying pregnancies, it seems, can be common when carrying a boy!

sallymae     at 8:31 am

Only 12 weeks left?!?!? That is crazy!!! You’ll be holding that baby before you know it! Enjoy your vacation – your bump is so cute!

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family     at 8:34 am

Congratulations on passing test #2!

You look fantastic and to hear you talk about Casey being such a great dad just brings tears to my eyes because I can just feel the love between you two just from your words.

Enjoy your remaining weeks because once Baby C gets here the roller coaster ride will start.

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 8:35 am

Squee! You are so cute in a bathing suit! You’re all belly. And all the wives tales say you’re supposed to carry lower with a boy. :)

I’m so glad to hear you passed the 3 hour and it wasn’t too bad of an experience! What was the feedback you got from the other post that surprised you?

Lisa     at 8:35 am

I am so glad you passed the second test–I knew you would! Compared to my belly, you are carrying low and I am carrying high, which I guess means we both fit the old wives tales :-) Enjoy your week at the beach!! Like you, I would have LOVED to be on vacation at the beach at 28 weeks pregnant–I’m not afraid to wear a bikini to the pool even now at 38 weeks and show off this big belly. A random little girl at the pool looked at me and said, “whoa, that is a huge stomach!” Yes it is, little girl, and I’m proud of it :-)

Erin @ Naturally Addicted     at 8:53 am

I love this post! Congrats on passing the glucose test. You look fantastic in your bikini… such a cute belly! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Hayley @ Oat Couture     at 8:59 am

Ahh thats great about the glucose test! :) Really pleased for you!! Baby C is getting so big now! It’s crazy as it seems like yesterday you were posting your first baby bump pictures! The time has gone by so quickly! Enjoy the rest of your vacay!! :)

Lily     at 9:00 am

Adorable bathing suit! Where did you find it?

Also, wow, what a conversation on that GD post…

Victoria’s Secret!

Jasmine     at 9:03 am

1) You’re gorgeous
2) Your arms look amazeballs keep up the weight training
3) I just said a little prayer asking that I look exactly like you when I’m pregnant

:D

Haha thanks Jasmine!

Katie KS     at 9:17 am

I read the comments – wowzers. I think just the opposite that you are usually cheerful and so positive and I sometimes wish I had more of that. I guess I am not so much anxious as a realist and I want to know EVERYTHING :) I hate being blindsided or finding out something that I should have known. I didn’t know I’d be so sick with my 1st pregnancy. I didn’t know nursing would be so hard in the beginning (we had ONE bottle at the house when we got home from the hospital – that is how unconcerned I was! And since it was late on Christmas Eve we couldn’t get another for two days and due to her weight and physical issues I had to give her the bottle early on!) I didn’t know that I’d be pretty much unable to run while nursing a baby. I’d never heard of half the things my daughter has been diagnosed with. I feel like I am a downer every time I say something “real” that is my experience, like I’m raining on your parade. But then I wish someone had said stuff to me so I wouldn’t feel alone or wouldn’t have felt blindsided. I WAS ready for a tough L&D after hearing others’ stories and then it was surprisingly not that tough. But I do think you sharing and putting your life out there will be helpful to others. Even if they are not pregnant for 5 or 10 years, they may look back to something you said and know that it is a possibility for them or that it is “normal” :) Keep your chin up!

Haha yeah your advice was definitely not one of them – no worries. :) I think hearing the warnings, while sometimes scary, is also helpful. I would so much rather be overly prepared than surprised (although I’m sure I still have many surprises to come…).

Brooke     at 9:19 am

LOOOVE the belly pictures! And I’m so happy about the 3 hour glucose test. I read your first post when you failed, and even as a nurse, I was scared for how it would turn out when I’m pregnant. I loved that original post, bc it was so honest. Hope you’re enjoying the beach. I’m SOO jealous!

Kate     at 9:22 am

Hi Emily-

I’ve been following all of your pregnancy posts with great interest. As a newly pregnant gal, I find them very helpful! I especially appreciate that you are honest about your ups and downs.

I was really shocked by the responses to your post about gestational diabetes. I don’t think that your reaction to the failed test was inappropriate at all. Our society places so much pressure on pregnant women to do everything perfectly, and is so quick to assign blame when things don’t go according to plan. We really can’t win.

Your approach to pregnancy and your willingness to share the journey are so inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

Maryann     at 9:23 am

You look so pretty in your pictures Emily and very happy you passed your GT test. I knew you would. Have fun on your summer vacation. Don’t forget to drink lots of water. I finally get 5 days off next week. Only 2x a year does that happen. Enjoy everyday!
Blessings
Lancaster CO PA Gal

Clare @ Fitting It All In     at 9:24 am

You look beautiful. SO CLOSE!

christina cadden     at 9:26 am

You look so pretty!

colleen     at 9:32 am

Happy dance for normal test results. You are looking great. Enjoy your time at the beach and keep on embracing that growing belly.

Kara     at 9:38 am

Emily! You glow more and more each week! Like I saw up above somewhere, I’m also nowhere near pregnancy, but you make me want to be, AND I sure hope I look even half as good as you when I am!!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas     at 9:44 am

you have that glow, girl!! stunning

Kristen @ The Concrete Runner     at 9:47 am

Happy 3rd trimester! So happy you passed your 3-hour glucose test. The nurse told me not to eat anything sugary 4 hours prior to the test, so I’m sure that’s why you failed your first one! You look amazing as always! And FYI, I can’t watch a Grey’s Anatomy episode without bursting into tears. It’s so much worse when they get a baby involved in the show.

Katherine     at 9:49 am

Emily, you are absolutely glowing. You look so beautiful, and I am so happy that you got good news from the glucose test!

Balancing Sylvia     at 9:51 am

Emily you look so beautiful :D I love your dress in the first pictures. Glad you’re enjoying your beach vacation so far and SO GLAD you passed your glucose test!

Brooke @ bittersweetBrooke     at 10:11 am

I am so glad you passed your test and you can relax fully! You are looking beautiful and I love that you are embracing the belly!

Nikki T     at 10:16 am

Wow Emily, you look so beautiful and sun-kissed! That dress (and the bikini too!) looks wonderful on you!
Yay for passing the 3 hour test!! :)
Have fun on the rest of your holiday at the beach!

becca (bellebottoms)     at 10:16 am

my goodness you look FABULOUS! seriously, I’m pretty sure you are “that pregnant woman”…you know, the one that looks amazing, and only seems to be gaining weight in the bump area? :) those walks every day are paying off! keep rockin the swimsuit!! :)

and congrats on passing the test, what a great piece of news while on vacay!

Lauren     at 10:24 am

Many many many congrats! You look wonderful. Enjoy the R&R.

Leslie     at 10:24 am

So glad to hear the 3 hour test went well.

I just have to say that because you referenced the comments to your post about the first glucose test, I just went and read all the comments (slow day at work!). Unbelieveable! I couldn’t help notice that the most caustic and critical comments were from folks whose names didn’t link to a blog, web site or email address, so in essence they were anonymous. Easy to throw stones when hiding behind that impermeable wall of cowardice!

Keep being honest. You’re the boss of your blog, your life style and all therein! You help a lot of folks, and provide good recipes to boot.

Thanks Leslie!

Aimee Reply:

Just FYI, an email is required to post a comment– so Emily can follow up with anyone if need be. Some of us don’t have blogs– the lack of one does not automatically equal cowardice, Leslie.

Ellie Reply:

I agree with you Aimee, I hate it when people levy that criticism. Probably the majority of blog readers don’t have a blog, does that make us less valued as readers?

Yes, there were two or three caustic comments on that one blog post, but there were also some posts that, while respectful, simply had an alternate point of view about the issue at hand.

It really bothers me when all comments that disagree, even politely, with something a blogger has to say, or that offer a different perspective, or critique a certain viewpoint, get lumped together as “Haters gonna hate” or “Wow, check out the crazy comments” or as contributing to rudeness and personal attacks on a blogger. Unfortunately, the occasional rude comments give politely expressed dissent a bad name. Discussion, even when that involves multiple viewpoints that people may feel strongly about, is almost always more interesting than 100 comments expressing the same sentiment, however genuinely felt.

becca     at 10:33 am

I agree with other posters…don’t take the comments on your previous post to heart. I appreciate your honesty…isn’t that what blogging is all about? Hope you enjoy your relaxing vacation and congrats on passing the GD test!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite     at 10:40 am

Always love these updates. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous!! Perfect for the beach :)

Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous     at 10:42 am

You are such an incredible inspiration Emily. You are such a beautiful person that seems to get more and more beautiful (inside and out!) with each week of your pregnancy.

Shannon @ My Place In The Race     at 10:52 am

BEAUTIFUL!!!! :)

Lindsay     at 10:58 am

Great photos!! And you are carrying low! You look great :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 12:01 pm

Looove the belly pictures! Seriously, you get more and more gorgeous as time goes on!

Darryn     at 12:07 pm

I just went back and read some of the responses from yesterday, and I am completely and utterly surprised. People telling you to go get professional help? Come on. (A) your reactions are certainly not overblown, (B) you’re pregnant, so, um, yeah, you have emotions and you have real concerns – it’s a stressful time, (C) What are blogs but outlets for thoughts and feelings? I know when I used to write my blog (and journals in the past) my entries reflected some of the overarching emotions that were happening in my life, and that’s because writing was an outlet for them. The only issue with this is that it is only one snippet of your life, and doesn’t give readers the “big picture” of all the things that you are content with and happy about. People can’t expect to see 100% of Emily Malone via blog. We only see a small part, and to believe otherwise is a little ignorant. Besides, I fully believe that the people saying those things to you (and suggesting that you are “setting yourself up” for postpartum) are the ones who are overblown, speculating on your life because obviously their own lives are not exciting enough.

So, I hope you’ve been encouraged by the other bloggers that stood up for you. I agree 100%. I think you’re handling this pregnancy and all the ups and downs very well, and I know you are going to be such a kind, considerate, and well-prepared (for whatever) mother.

and, CONGRATS on passing your test! Never any doubt :)

lee Reply:

This is sooooo what I was going to say. (Although mine might not have been quite so eloquent.)

I think what was so disappointing about all the disparaging comments was that they weren’t just comments…they seemed like the written equivalent of finger-pointing. But why shouldn’t you have the choice to be as genuine with your emotions as possible?! Thoughts written (or said, for that matter) in the moment are always more amped up than those expressed after time and space have passed.

Best wishes to you, and enjoy the rest of your vacation!! =)

Kate @ NaturaStride     at 12:10 pm

Great news about passing the 3-hour test. You look beautiful!!!

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.)     at 12:15 pm

I absolutely LOVE how you’re rockin’ a bikini while pregnant! You look absolutely fabulous.

& I’m so happy that you passed the 3 hour test. :)

Jen     at 12:31 pm

You have the glow! You look gorgeous!

L     at 12:38 pm

so gald you passed your test. You look awesome!!!

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 12:42 pm

Emily you look gorgeous!! You make me want to be pregnant NOW! ;) We’re currently trying and seeing these posts gets me so excited for when I get to experience these moments :)

And congrats on passing the test! And I see from above that your swimsuit is from VS, super cute, but where is the one you wore yesterday from? I love that one too!

Christie     at 12:46 pm

Hi Emily,

Just wanted to say that I love your honest posts! they definitely make feel more normal! if all of your post were perfect bliss then it would seem fake. In the past 18 months I moved with my husband from Columbus OH to Atlanta and we just moved to Seattle a couple of months go its been crazy stressful and I’ve done more than my fair share of crying along the way. I always thought you handled it a lot better than me so I was really surprised by the nasty posts. People can be very jealous. I hope you keep writing the way you do, your blog is the only one I’ve ever been interested in reading. Christie

These weekly recaps are so fun! You look so beautiful :)

Reading (and chickens)     at 1:00 pm

Congratulations on passing the GD test :) AND beaches + kids = best time ever. Seriously, nothing better.

Monique Koch     at 1:18 pm

You are too cute!

Kristine @ Running On Hungry     at 2:03 pm

If it makes you feel any better I’m NOT pregnant and blubber like a baby through most Grey’s Anatomy episodes!

You look so cute in your bandeau bikini! I have to ask where your maxi dress is from – I love it!

Jess     at 2:29 pm

I’m still loving the bared belly and you look great! Have fun on vacation :)

Lynn     at 2:35 pm

Hi Emily! Wowza – I went back and read the comments too. I just wanted to tell you that I started reading your blog about a year ago and haven’t stopped since. I love your writing style! And because of what you write on your blog, you influenced me to become a vegetarian about 6 months ago, and I feel wonderful. A big thank you!

Meagan     at 3:34 pm

I think you are the most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen. Your skin is radiant, your stomach is fully round and cute. And since I know you struggle with weight issues, I am gonna say it, you still look fantastic ;)

Shelley     at 4:11 pm

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a few months now and I just wanted to say congrats! I also wanted to ask where you got that adorable striped bathing suit. It’s so cute! Thanks for all the fun recipes and posts! :)

Jen     at 4:37 pm

You look so amazing! And you may have inspired me to try a two piece when I’m at the beach in a few weeks. My hips are much bigger now so I know any my existing bikinis won’t work.

Liz A     at 4:46 pm

you look great! so, I love sharing book recs and I have to know – what have you been reading lately?

Kristen, Sweetly     at 5:00 pm

The human body is incredible! And you are a beautiful pregnant. :-) So glad you can have this relaxing beach time with the fam.

Katherine     at 5:02 pm

I can’t wait to see Baby C!

Ang     at 5:11 pm

I cannot believe the rude comments. I have to assume those people have never had children. Everyone I know, myself included, was an emotional roller coaster during pregnancy! Minor freak-outs and being pregnant go together like pb&j!!! Hell I’m not pregnant and had a slight health issue last week and freaked out for an hour or two! It happens! I think you are doing great! Have fun relaxing on the beach! :)

Gabrielle     at 5:37 pm

I too went back and read some of the feedback from your previous post.

I’d just like to say that, while you may be dramatic, that is why I’ve loved reading your blog. For me, it really is not “drama”, it is “honesty”. I can feel myself getting anxious about similar things. I’ve been very apprehensive about crossing over to “baby land” especially since we live 3,000 miles from our families. Reading your blog has helped me prepare mentally for a lot of things to come in the future. I’m not pregnant yet but I am definitely more assured for when that time comes. I’ve learned a LOT from you alone.

Thank you.

Camille     at 7:15 pm

Emily you so gorgeous and glowing!! Where did you get your swimsuit- it’s not maternity is it?? I hope you’re having a great time at the beach!

Julie @ Wearing Mascara     at 8:03 pm

I have been LOVING your weekly updates. I must say that you normally are a gorgeous lady, but this week you are GLOWING. I love it! Have a great time at the beach!

Amy @ ElephantEats     at 9:13 pm

I agree with all the other comments…you look totally gorgeous! It must be that pregnancy glow, along with fresh air and some sun. Seriously, pregnancy definitely agrees with you :)

Sarah     at 9:55 pm

You look incredible!!!!

And good news about passing your blood glucose test!!! I couldn’t believe some of the comments in the post you wrote about not passing your first diabetes test…As a nurse, I know for a fact that not enough people take “managable health problems” such as diabetes and thyroid disorders as seriously as they should, so I think you had every right to be concerned. I wish you the best for the rest of your pregnancy!!!

Karolina     at 12:00 am

You are GLOWING! Seriously, you look awesome. I love the dress in your pictures too. I was just at the beach, and saw a number of pregnant people in bikinis, and I think it looks really cute. I’m so glad you passed your glucose test- yay! Enjoy the rest of your vacation:)

Samantha     at 12:18 am

You look amazing and I’m so glad you weren’t diagnosed with gestational diabetes! : ) you two are going to be awesome parents!!!

Emily     at 3:24 am

I wondering if Baby DG is going to be embarrassed later on in life when all his guy friends think his mom is a hottaaaaaaay! Lookin’ good girl!

Charlie (The Runner Beans)     at 4:23 am

You look absolutely gorgeous, positively glowing! Amazing dress too. I thought you handled the comments from the last post very calmly and with dignity! Have a brilliant time at the beach x

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine     at 8:10 am

You look beautiful! I can’t believe there are only 12 weeks left!

allpointswhole     at 8:52 am

You look absolutely radiant in those pictures!! I failed my first glucose test as well and some people believe you get a lot of false positives with those…but agreed we can always cut back on our sugar consumption.

Rachel     at 3:43 pm

Hi Emily,

I really enjoy reading your blog, including your pregnancy journey. I think it’s important that you bring up the medical and emotional issues that you deal with during the course of your pregnancy. And while I admit that sometimes your posts can come across as overreacting, I also love that you talk about having a tendency to be anxious or controlling. My dad was a huge worry wort and control freak, and while I found that to be quite annoying as a teenager, it also was always a sign of how much he loved me.

Since you’ve talked openly about your medical issues, I was hoping you wouldn’t mind my asking a couple questions in the comments forum. First, I was just wondering if you did research on sunning/tanning and being pregnant? I have no clue if this affects pregnancy, so I’m not bringing this up to condemn you hanging out at the beach. I was personally just curious if doctors mention any precautions about it.

Second, I was wondering if you had considered banking your baby’s cord blood? I recently edited an article about this procedure for LadyLUX magazine and thought it could be helpful for expecting parents: http://www.ladylux.com/style/site/article/cord-blood-know-the-facts-when-it-comes-to-your-child/

Finally, I just wanted to say that I was born with a hole in my heart. My parents often talk about how finding that out was one of the worst days of their lives, and how they constantly worried that they had somehow caused it. I had surgery at age 3 and have had no problems with my heart ever since. (I wrote a guest post mentioning it on Dori’s Shiny Blog: http://dorishinyblog.com/2011/04/19/the-race-i-didnt-run/) Even though I have a big scar across my chest, I think my heart surgery made me the person I am today. I don’t think I would be as brave, strong and appreciative for my body if I hadn’t had this issue. Sometimes imperfections make life better in other ways.

Hey Rachel! Sorry for the delay – your comment was lost in my spam! To answer your questions…

I talked to my midwife about my vacation before we left. The only real concerns for being in the sun while pregnant are the same as just being in the heat – staying hydrated, wearing sunscreen, and making sure you don’t get overheated. I have been slathering 45 spf on during our trip, and spending usually half of each day under an umbrella. :)

I have read a bit about cord banking, but admit I don’t know that much about it. At this point I’d say we’re probably not doing it, but that could also change in the next 11 weeks.

My dad was actually born with a hole in his heart too! He also had surgery as a child, and has been healthy every since. I have no doubt that medicine these days is advanced enough to deal with the majority of issues that might arise during pregnancy, childbirth, etc. I have a few big scars as well, and I know what you mean – they give us character.

Rachel Reply:

No worries about the delay, Emily! Thank you for replying to my extensive comment. I was really curious about sunning and pregnancy. That’s good to hear since I plan to move back to LA and would want to start a family there one day, preferably spending pregnancy on the beach haha.

Cord banking is definitely a personal choice, but I wanted to raise awareness about it since I think more parents should be informed of the option.

Good luck with the last 11 weeks!

Emily     at 11:28 pm

Emily,

I love your dress! Where did you get it? And congrats on Baby C, can’t wait to meet him!

xoxo,
Emily

Forever 21

Lauren C. @ FocusedToBeFit     at 10:01 am

You are the cutest pregnant woman, EVER! Definitely glowing. I could go for some beach time, too! Have fun

Louise     at 11:50 am

Happy for your good result! I’m hoping for a good result when I take the test in a few weeks. I have PCOS and my doctor told me to prepare for the possibility of having it. I am trying not to worry about it. I just want a healthy baby boy.

Julie S.     at 4:56 pm

You are absolutely radiant!

Lauren     at 8:24 pm

Congrats on passing. What a relief that must have been. By the way, I know I always tell you this, but you look incredible. I only hope I look 1/2 as good as you when I am pregnant.

Amykinz @ Foodie4Healing     at 7:49 pm

You are absolutely glowing! :)

Thanks!!

Garfield Hudnut     at 12:45 am

I must tell you that it’s hard to find your posts in google, i found this one on 13 spot, you should build some quality backlinks in order to rank
your page, i know how to help you, just search in google – k2 seo tips

chloe sims list of sulfate free hair products     at 6:09 am

As we describe how to use the Suntan Tool, we’ll be using the
same digital photograph that we’ve been working with in other parts of
this series covering Paint Shop Pro’s makeover tools.
Allergies and chemical sensitivitiesare extremely common, and fragrances are notorious for
triggering them. It is because he takes the song and makes it his
own.

laser hair regrowth helmet     at 10:42 am

I couldn’t simply hide in my own bedroom until the balding area disappeared — if it was still going to vanish.

Zinc absorption and vitamin C intake could be synergistic.
Hair loss is of concern to most people at one point in their lives.

junior boutique dresses for juniors     at 2:57 pm

Besides of being the field of fashion, you may
also prepare the costly expenses of the profession you may want to take on. Indeed, Roberto Cavalli has drawn its own spot as one of Hollywood’s most sought-after Italian fashion brands.
Broadband and problematic stunts are their pastime right now.

chloe wigs alicia keys girl on fire     at 6:09 pm

This will help achieve a uniform appearance since self-tanners grab on to dry
surface skin cells, and you may have more dead, thickened skin cells in certain areas.

So, not only do you get a different shade while experimenting
with different looks, you also look years younger. The excuses the parents give for entering their children are always the same but
the real underlying reason is clear.

toilet cell phone repair pompano beach     at 8:43 am

Read on to find the vocabulary you will need and
links to sites with house plans. Will any walls, especially load bearing
walls, have to be knocked down. a) It is pricey depending on whether you might be employing a DIY system or you’re hiring the services of a remodeler.

Nose job In iran     at 11:01 pm

However, rhinoplasty can markedly improve your appearance if you arent happy with the
nose you have. Alternatively, if you are still not satisfied, then it’s still up to you whether or not you
must proceed the use of it up to a month. In particular, changes
were noted in the ways patients perceived their own voices,
and their emotional responses to them.

best weight loss tips     at 10:29 am

Follow a healthy food pattern and try and eat at home as much as possible.
Besides seafood a couple of times every week, rely of plenty of colorful fruit,
leafy green veggies and nuts to fill up your belly.
To be able to be in a kickboxing class in Royal Palm Beach,
FL and know that you are accomplishing many different aspects of
life is just amazing.