Friday.

Today has just been one of those days where I sort of felt like this…

Not sure if it was the nice sunny weather or the impending weekend, but I just didn’t feel like being strapped to my laptop all day long.  I still managed to get a lot of work done though, and checked a lot of things off my weekend to-do list!

To avoid my computer, I tackled one of the other big projects I had on my agenda for this weekend – mailing our new Recipage t-shirts!

IMG_2058 (640x427)

We have really great new super soft American Apparel shirts we are sending to all of our users, and now that they have arrived I was excited to get them into the mail so that people can start enjoying them!

IMG_2061 (640x427)

Lots and lots of addressing, stuffing, sealing, and double-checking.  It is really fun to have a side business that I can work on with Casey, and it’s something that we both put time into every day.  (For background on how/when we started Recipage, see the Recipage story!)

IMG_2060 (640x427)

With all my envelopes stuffed and ready for the post office, I also did a bit of cooking…

IMG_2083 (640x427)

And subsequently, some eating.  This delicious creation will be up Monday morning – YUM.

I finished my thank you cards for gifts from my baby shower

And now I am finally back on the computer and sipping an iced decaf coffee at one of Seattle’s finest coffee shops.  I foresee a nice long walk in the sunshine this evening, followed by a lot of this…

Have a great weekend, friends!

mi-an d.     at 8:11 pm

that’s how i felt ALL day today!!! ha!

Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well.     at 8:14 pm

Looks like you were pretty productive for have a blah day!!! I hope you were able to get some rest this afternoon :)

Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart     at 8:17 pm

I wish I had a productive day… there is always tomorrow! :)

Lauren     at 8:21 pm

I’m curious–which coffee shop? I’m from Seattle and I’m always up for trying new places! I actually tried a Mighty-O donut at school and didn’t like it–I found it weirdly oily? But you’ve got me convinced to give it another try!

erica     at 8:33 pm

super cute thank you cards! mind if i ask where you got them?

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 8:33 pm

I feel like this week has been on overdrive. So happy for a chill Friday night! :)

Amy*     at 8:34 pm

The thank you cards look super cute! Ever since my husband has deployed (and I’ve been sending lots of letters), I’ve become obsessed with cute cards!*

Shaya (Eye Girl Eats)     at 8:36 pm

Anything with roasted tomatoes in it is delish in my book :)

Which coffee shop is your favorite?? my fave in the U district is Solstice Cafe– I basically paid rent there when I was an undergrad ;)

Candy @ Healthy In Candy Land     at 8:51 pm

You deserve to take it easy. You might as well enjoy the time to rest while you can! Love those shirts!

Allyson     at 8:59 pm

Yum, your meal looks delicious. I have been getting the worst heart burn from eating tomatoes. I can’t help it though, they are too good right now.

Bet you guys are glad you aren’t on east coast right now, hurricane Irene is hitting soon.

Emilia @ Namaste Gurl     at 9:02 pm

I’m sensing a greek quinoa salad? Just made one the other day and it was fabulous. Perfect at home meal or packable one! :)
Happy weekend!

Tanya @ Vegan Faith     at 9:06 pm

I can’t wait for my shirt! ReciPage Rocks!

Amanda     at 9:34 pm

Cute shirts! Props to you to getting your thank yo cards our promptly. I just wrote our engagement party thank yous today…a good month and a half later. Oops. I blame school…for everything. :) P.S. LOVING the baby posts and I can’t believe how quickly your pregnancy has gone by!!!

Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife     at 9:35 pm

Oh my gosh I didn’t know you all were the creators of Recipage!!! How amazing! I wasn’t a reader yet when that happened. I’m in awe, it’s really an amazing tool and I’ve been seriously looking at it for my blog. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Morgan @ Endorphaholic     at 10:23 pm

Those thank you cards are so adorable! They remind me of the book Chika Chika Boom Boom. Did you get that book at your shower? I love it.

Kate     at 10:46 pm

OK, I cracked up when I saw your post. I’m due October 29, I am wearing the exact same shirt right now that you are wearing in those pictures, and I bought the exact same thank you notes for my shower gifts. Too funny!

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life     at 10:57 pm

I had the same kind of day — blah! Is it weird that I noticed you’re a leftie? Lefties = awesomesauce. Those thank yous are too too cute!

Suzanne     at 11:36 pm

I love that shirt. Any chance you’re going to sell them to non-recipage users (I don’t have a blog).

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.)     at 12:40 am

I had no idea you and Casey were the creators of recipage?!!?! That’s amazing!

I always am so impressed when I see people who see a need (in this instance, in the blogging world) and instead of just whining about the way things are… you do something!

So impressed!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 1:00 am

Cute shirts! Can’t wait for that recipe, it looks great. Don’t dogs just have it the best sometimes? Mine was passed out at my feet while I was working today and I just sat there thinking how nice it would be to do that whenever I wanted too.

Lee     at 6:43 am

Yay fellow lefty! I love seeing other left-handed bloggers.

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed)     at 7:29 am

I really love those thank you cards… super cute.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 7:44 am

You’re allowed to have days where you don’t feel like doing much! Sounds like you still got a lot accomplished!

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker     at 8:59 am

Hah! Those are the same thank you cards we bought!

Christine @ BookishlyB     at 11:18 am

Love that you do hand-written thank you notes. I feel like they’re becoming extinct. Nothing says “thank you” like taking the time to *gasp* bust out the pen and stationary.

Angela (Oh She Glows)     at 11:57 am

I’m so excited for the shirt! The pic of you doing all the shipping reminds me of my bakery work. I loathe shipping, especially when I have to fill out 3 different forms for each package. It helps to have music pumping, heh.

Those are such cute shirts! I think I will be doing some relaxing like that this weekend too :)

Beth     at 1:54 pm

I have the same thank you’s from Target! Funny :) enjoy your weekend!

Deva (Voracious Vorilee)     at 2:20 pm

I love the recipage shirts,and would totally buy one if y’all sold them :-). I think that the handwritten thank-yous are so sweet. I love sending and receiving hand-written cards and notes – there’s just something special about getting something in the mailbox instead of in my email.

Mandiee     at 6:27 pm

I sort of felt like that, too. Sometimes it’s nice to get stuff done and then just reeeeeelax for a little while. Your recipes are always so tempting when you show a picture. Such a tease haha. I can’t wait to see what you’re up to next!

Stephanie     at 9:34 am

I love those t-shirts! The slogan made me smile.

fittingbackin     at 4:31 pm

Great t-shirts! I love american apparel – fun store. Now I want tomatoes – yum!

Kristen, Sweetly     at 8:08 pm

you know i saw that laptop across the table while you were addressing envelopes! haha. i’m sure it was serving a good purpose, but you only halfway escaped it. :p

Judy     at 10:25 pm

Super cute thank you cards. You are looking great, almost there!!!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 10:27 pm

You were still very productive even though you felt lazy! Awesome job!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama     at 12:56 am

Recipage is brilliant! It’s definitely on my to-do list (along with A LOT of other things). I’ve been admiring it on other sites. :) The shirts are super cute too! You look great!

Jill B.     at 9:49 am

I love recipage! I find that I get frustrated when other bloggers DON’T have it! See – you’ve set the bar high, Emily. :)

Kristina     at 3:47 pm

This looks fantastic! I’ve actually never cooked with millet but it’s been on my mental to-do list for months. Might have to try it out this week :)

JL goes Vegan     at 8:52 pm

I can’t wait to get my Recipage “t”!

I talked Recipage up big-time at Vida Vegan Con (vegan blogger conference) and I hope it send biz your way. I think you are a great resource!

Yolie @ Practising Wellness     at 11:33 am

Wow, I just read up about Recipage and that is such an amazing function! And Casey is incredbile for learning all the web devolpment stuff in his own time…he is so smart, you’re right! You guys are an inspiration, truly :-) xyx

Envelope Printing     at 4:02 pm

Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to tears att work so I decided
to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.

I love the information you provide here and can’t waijt to take
a look when I gget home. I’msurprised at how fast your blog loaded
on my phoone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, amazing blog!