For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Week 29: My Pregnancy Journey.

I know I say it every week, but they really do seem to be flying by!  I definitely feel like I’m in my third trimester now, both physically and emotionally.  I can sense that the end (and beginning!) is in sight…

How Big is the Baby?

This week, Baby C has grown to be around 17 inches in length.  That’s about as long as a large bunch of celery!

He still only weighs around 3 pounds right now, but he’s almost up to what his full length will be at birth.  I can feel it too – I think he went through a major growth spurt this week!

How I’m Feeling

The most notable change this week is what’s happening inside my big belly.  Or more specifically, my ribcage.  This baby has GROWN, and he’s no longer fitting in the big round spot in front of me – he seems to be taking over my entire torso!

I read that right around this time is when babies should start preparing themselves for birth by getting into the correct position (head down).  My book said that when this happens, you’ll start to feel less movement from side to side, and more kicks in the stomach.  Just in the past few days, I suddenly feel lots of moving and pressure right under my ribs – pushing on my lungs and upper abdomen.  I hope this means he’s turned and his feet are kicking me in the chest!

I also read that week 30 is usually another big period of growth, and I’m actually looking forward to it.  I’m hoping that if my belly gets bigger, he’ll have more room and will be able to relieve some of this pressure.  He’s making it very hard to sleep or eat because my organs have no room in there!

How I’m Feeling

The most notable thing I’m feeling this week?  Emotional.  I spent my first trimester feeling weepy and hormonal, but it only lasted for a few weeks.  Then both the puking and the crying stopped, and I felt like myself again.  Here I am now in week 29 and the hormones are most definitely back again!

They are different this time though.  My early pregnancy tears were about feeling overwhelmed, grateful, scared, anxious, and all the other things that come along with the first trimester.  This time, I feel weepy in a “what did I do to deserve all of this?” type of way.  I keep finding myself looking at Casey and saying things like “can you believe we are really going to have a baaaaabaaay?” and then bursting into tears.  It’s embarrassing.  (At least I know I’m not alone – check out these other hilarious pregnancy meltdowns.)

Getting Ready for Baby

Nesting is in full swing at our house.  I’m feeling really motivated to get the house as pulled together as possible.  I keep having these strong urges to do things like clean the windows in the car or wash all the sheets in the house.  I worked a little bit more on the nursery this weekend, and am hoping to finish a few more projects this week!

As far as getting ready for actual delivery goes, I’ve continued to read my birthing books and watched another birth documentary this weekend.  I still don’t feel ready, but I feel educated and prepared.  I also went to my first prenatal yoga class, which I will write more about later this week!

Odds and Ends

• Total weight gained:  15 pounds
  • Days until baby shower:  11
  • Level of excitement to see friends and family:  Off the charts
  • 1st trimester travels:  Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Seattle (twice)
  • 2nd trimester travels:  New Haven, Cincinnati, Indy, Seattle, Las Vegas
  • 3rd trimester travels:  Charleston, Cincinnati, 1 more TBD
  • Days until Cincy BFF arrives:  3 (!)
  • Days until next appointment:  15
  • Onesies purchased this week:  2
  • Weeks left:  10.5 (what?)

To read previous weekly updates or other pregnancy-related posts, check out my pregnancy page!

Hayley @ Oat Couture     at 2:25 am

You look fab Emily!! :)

Kristina     at 2:48 am

Prenatal yoga is amazing! Not that I would know from experience per se, since I don’t have kids yet, but I know several new moms through my yoga classes and they all said they practiced practically up until delivery, and felt that yoga really helped them with the delivery process and afterwards. Have fun!

emily     at 3:03 am

You look so well!
I’ve been loving following along on your journey – you make it all seem less daunting :)

Lisa     at 5:56 am

If Baby C gets wedged under your ribs which will probably start happening soon, put a bag of frozen peas on his bottom and he’ll move right away. I only did it once with Liam, but it worked and I didn’t have to do it again!
Also, you probably have a few more inches of growth – the average length is about 20 in. :)

Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl     at 7:09 am

Pregnancy suits you, Emily! You are GLOWING and it’s not just from your tan! Can’t wait to see what your little guy looks like in just a few weeks…

meg     at 7:23 am

Do you get to see your new nephew for your shower ??

Jen     at 9:57 am

You look more gorgeous each week! And your beautiful tanned belly puts my pasty one to shame :)

Louise     at 9:58 am

You look great! I am about eight weeks behind you and I look forward to your updates so I know what’s ahead for me. I’m having some major growth and I’m trying not to panic about the fact that I have 19 weeks left and am already this big. I’m a short girl, so he has no where to go but out.

RhodeyGirl     at 9:58 am

You look great lady! Love how shiny your belly is!! :)

I’ve gained TWICE as much as you! Crazy. I really don’t think my body would have gained less though even if I tried to do anything differently, just like I don’t think you could have gained more at this point even if you tried. Our bodies just know what they are doing!

I’m getting anxious to get back to my old workout routine. You? I can’t wait to kick some butt at the gym this fall and winter!

Kristen, Sweetly     at 10:54 am

!!!!! Look at that beautiful belly. I am so excited to meet him on the blog. Aha, can’t imagine what it must be like for you.

So much fun to see this weekly updates. Baby C will get to see what you went through throughout his conception. Then again, he won’t care for a good long while, but still what fun!

Becca C-H     at 1:01 pm

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that your due date is my birthday! It is also Eleanor Roosevelt’s birthday, and that of the twins from the Parent Trap :)

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 1:33 pm

You look amazing! Can’t wait to “meet” the little guy!

Caitlin     at 2:52 pm

your bump is tan!!!!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope     at 6:15 pm

Your belly is so tan and adorable!

Karla     at 9:12 am

Wow – pregnancy looks GORGEOUS on you!!! I’m 100% convinced it’s also because you have taken such great care of yourself but you give new meaning to having a pregnancy glow!

Thanks! :)

Karin     at 10:35 am

You look gorgeous mama!

Kerry     at 6:15 pm

Your hair and tan look so pretty! Truly a blooming pregnant lady

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 1:41 pm

Yeah, the majority of my hormone overloads were in my third trimester. I was a little overwhelmed with the thought that I had chosen to do a natural birth and totally not know what to expect.

But you know what? It really wasn’t much different from what I thought. In fact, it was even easier! Now my son is almost a year old and I can’t believe how fast time has gone. I’m so excited for you!!!

Oh, and how the heck did you get so gorgeously tan in Seattle?!!? haha

Becca     at 11:14 am

Emily – Happy Holidays! I know you wrote this post a lifetime ago but I’ve enjoyed reading your weekly updates as I experience my first pregnancy. I’m at 29 weeks and am crying like crazy these days! It’s nice to read that the experience is one shared by many. (Although any advice on how to cope!? ha) Can’t wait till our little one comes and hope that our family is happy and healthy, just as yours is. All the best!

running shoes