Week 32: My Pregnancy Journey.

Well we all knew this day was coming.  At some point Baby C was going to have to turn into a large melon.  Apparently that time is week 32!

How Big is the Baby?

Weighing about 4.5 pounds and measuring around 19 inches, he is now as large as a cantaloupe!

IMG_2031 (640x428)

How I’m Changing

Honestly, I’m huge.  I went through a period of not gaining much weight or really changing for 2-3 weeks, and then all of the sudden – BAM – growth spurt!  I can tell that he is getting bigger and bigger, and I hope that my belly and skin can keep up.  On certain days when I’m out walking and my stomach is rock hard, I literally feel like my skin is going to burst open.  We have reached maximum capacity in here!

Other interesting recent changes…my boobs hurt again.  I think they are getting ready for another (welcomed) growth spurt of their own.  In general I think everything is just getting…bigger.

IMG_2026 (426x640)

It’s funny that I used to think all these body changes were such a big deal, and by now I just roll with it and laugh.  My workout shorts don’t fit anymore, my first pair of maternity jeans is too small, and honestly – I don’t care.  For all the aches and pains that have come with it, I am totally obsessed with my big belly.  I rub it and watch it move all day long.  Casey and I will spend time at night laying in bed just watching my belly jump around.  Moments like that make me completely forget all the dimpling on my thighs and roundness in my cheeks.  It’s all about perspective.  I feel happy and healthy, which is all that matters to me.

IMG_2032 (424x640)

How I’m Feeling

So now that I told you how much I love being pregnant, can I complain for just one moment?  I am in PAIN.  Seriously.  This week has been the pinnacle of discomfort, and I can’t find any way to relieve it.  When I sit while I work during the day, my tailbone hurts like it has been badly bruised.

I have tried every chair and surface in my house to find a comfortable way to work, and I’m starting to realize that perhaps one doesn’t exist.  The only time I find relief is at night when I can lay on my side and take the pressure off my tailbone.

IMG_2035 (426x640)

A think a big part of it is how LOW I am carrying this baby.  When I sit down, all the baby weight pushes down on my butt and tailbone, causing it to feel really sore.  Also when I sit, he’s hanging out so low that my stomach pretty much rests on my lap.  Ridiculous!  I am going to blow up an exercise ball tonight to see if that might be a more comfortable solution.  At this point, I will try anything!

But other than some serious discomfort, I’m still happy, healthy, and excited.  This big belly stage is definitely my favorite phase of pregnancy.  It sounds like a silly thing to say, but everyone is so NICE to me!  Everywhere I go, people smile, hold doors a little longer for me, and every cashier I encounter asks about the baby.  It never gets old!

Side note – how do so many people know I am having a boy?  Seriously, even random people in the airport have approached me with, “oh looks like a boy!”  I know I’m carrying super-low, but I thought that those were all just myths!

IMG_2040 (426x640)

Hi Indy!

Exercising for Two

Workouts continue, but I am definitely more limited week by week.  Casey and I have been taking the pups for our daily walks at Greenlake, but three miles is starting to feel much longer than it used to.  On several occasions I’ve had bad round ligament pain that has caused me to have to stop and take a break on a bench half-way around the lake.

I’m also not sure that what I’m doing is considered walking anymore.  It’s more like a waddle.  Yep, definitely waddling.  No shame.

IMG_2041 (414x640)

Buying For Baby

As I mentioned in the weekend post, we did a huge run to Babies R Us and Target this weekend, and now we finally have almost everything we need for the baby’s arrival.  We can now check baby monitor, car seat, stroller, stroller adapter, extra sheets, pacifiers, baby swing, and a few other odds and ends OFF the list!  The car seat is even installed and ready for a passenger.

IMG_1952 (427x640)

Nursery progress continues, including our $16 dresser-into-bookshelf makeover project!  We still need to get a pack n play, but other than that I think we’re in good shape!

It’s hard to believe that I am just 7 weeks and 2 days away from my due date.  I feel relaxed and ready, and am doing my best now to just soak up these last few weeks of pregnancy.  On Babble today, I shared 7 things I’m doing in my last 7 weeks of pregnancy.  I wonder how many weeks I actually have left, and if he will be early or late!  (My guess is early – I’m predicting October 12th.)

With that, I’m off to a childbirth class tonight all about techniques for making labor and delivery as pleasant as possible.  Should be interesting!

And just for fun, a few outtakes…

IMG_2024 (425x640) IMG_2036 (422x640)

For more pregnancy-related posts and previous weekly updates, make sure to check out the pregnancy page!

In addition, here is the latest on Babble:

Cate     at 3:41 pm

Ugh round ligament pain is SO annoying! I love going for walks but it definitely gets painful. I don’t know how people seem to know but I’ve had like 10 people in the last month correctly guess that I’m having a girl…not ONE guessed boy. So weird!

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey     at 3:41 pm

To answer your Twitter question… Nope! Not sick of these! :)

You continue to look lovely… so happy and healthy.

~

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 3:42 pm

Looking good, as always!! When your tummy gets rock hard, those are Braxton Hicks, so yay for your body beginning to practice for the big day!

And I know what you mean about the tailbone, and the exercise balls feels fabulous for me when I get an achy butt.

3 miles is great! I can’t go that far anymore- usually I’m around 1.5-2 because the ‘lightning’ pains get pretty bad. If you haven’t felt those yet, just wait, you’ll know what they are soon enough ;)

Only 7 weeks left- AWESOME!!

Elizabeth     at 3:44 pm

Waddling, can’t get comfortable, I remember exactly!!!

For me it was just one big whirlwind, pregnant, discomfort, delivery, yay I can sleep on my stomach again, staying up w/baby (what sleep!?), now chasing after a two year old!

OMG, and buying all that adorable little bitty clothes! Best advise I got and didn’t use…take two different sizes of clothes for the baby to come home in! =)

You look great! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers     at 3:45 pm

Gosh you look absolutely stunning, as usual! Sorry about all the pain- maybe you can work lying down sideways? ;)

Amy     at 3:47 pm

You look great! You don’t look like you’ve gained weight anywhere but your belly and it’s super cute, I’m sure it’ll all come right off after Baby C gets here =)

Have you tried sitting on a donut? I used one when I broke my tailbone and it helped a LOT. Just make sure it’s not jelly filled ;) Har har har, that as dumb, I know.

Jen     at 3:50 pm

I’m sittng on an ice pack right now as I read this. My tailbone has hurt for weeks! I’m scared to see it will only get worse. I’m carrying like you are- so it must be a low baby thing!

You continue to look absolutely gorgeous :)

vks     at 3:54 pm

I was just going to say the same thing! My mom was a freelance writer when she was pregnant with me and she had a big donut pillow she sat on to type (at the typewriter!) which then resided in the home office during my childhood.

I don’t know where you would buy one though, anyone have any ideas?

Kathryn @ Flopoodle     at 3:56 pm

Actually, your face doesn’t look different or rounder to me than before! You ARE glowing, though! :)

Meg     at 3:57 pm

I have to say that I so look forward to your week-by-week updates and all the nitty-gritty details. And no, I’m not pregnant, a mom, nor are my husband and I even trying for a baby yet (though I’m spending an awful lot of time on Babble & BabyCenter lately)! Reading your journey has been inspiring and exciting for me and I often find myself forwarding your recaps to my husband, saying: “Read this!” So, thank you for sharing! I agree with Jen, you look absolutely gorgeous, as always!

Kendra     at 4:04 pm

Hello! I just stumbled upon your blog and am so excited!! I only wish I would have found it sooner. We are just under a week apart as my due date is Oct. 21st! I am looking forward to going back through your posts, as I’m sure I can relate to almost all of them :) Good luck in your last 8 weeks or so!

Maria     at 4:07 pm

Almost there! I bet you’re just so excited for the next chapter :-) You look so cute by the way…all belly!

Kim     at 4:08 pm

Love these posts!

Lexi     at 4:08 pm

Aww your pregnant belly is so cute! I just love them:) Looks like you’re getting the linea nigra too!

Melissa S     at 4:09 pm

During my last pregnancy when having problems with back pain and sciatic nerve, my massage therapist recommended using a rolling pin to rub out back pain. I didn’t get to try it as I went into labor the very next day but I do recommend trying prenatal massage!

I am nostalgic for those quiet moments of watching baby go mad in the womb and the intense anticipation for baby. Love my kids so much but there is something so special about those 9 mos when we couldn’t be any closer.

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life     at 4:13 pm

I love these updates each week!! As a reader, it really seems like you just told us about being pregnant just a few weeks ago and now you only have a few weeks more to go! Once again you are glowing and look stunning!!!

Madeline @ Food, Fitness & Family     at 4:14 pm

You look super cute!

I totally understand about being uncomfortable all the time … getting comfortable at night has been a struggle for me!

Round ligament pain is no joke – I have been getting that a lot too when I have been walking.

Thank goodness we both only have 7 weeks left…I’m due a day ahead of you :)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 4:15 pm

I don’t know what it is, but something about having the car seat installed made it that much more real to me. :)

You still look GREAT, Emily!

Jen     at 4:17 pm

emily – you look fabulous! xoxo

Ashley     at 4:19 pm

Cuuuute post!! Your hair looks amazing. So shiny + thick. :) Also, your arms look solid and strong. Way to go girl. You sound so ready! Yay!

samantha     at 4:19 pm

you look amazing! all belly :)!!

Tricia     at 4:20 pm

The exercise ball worked for me! I had the same tailbone issues when pregnant with my son (who was also due in October!). I’m loving following your pregnancy b/c it takes me right back to when I was pregnant with my son who turns 5 in October! It feels like just yesterday! Enjoy your last 7 weeks as a twosome!!

Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well     at 4:26 pm

You look so adorable!! I’d love to hear more about the techniques for making labor and delivery “pleasant”! Do share!

fittingbackin     at 4:33 pm

Love your perspective! Great photos, you look beautiful and the nursery is coming along so well!

Mama Pea     at 4:34 pm

You are huge…hugely gorgeous, that is! You look amazing and I’m happy for you and your nice melon.

BB     at 4:34 pm

You look great! Get a doughnut pillow and talk to your midwife about the pain in your tailbone. I was sent to physical therapy for a similar issue during my last trimester and it helped me tremendously.

Janette     at 4:36 pm

A quick tip for the car seat, put a little towel under it to protect the seat and for easy clean up with spills and spit up. Made life a lot easier with my two kids. And you look great by the way, glowing.

ColleenS     at 4:41 pm

You are still glowing and look great! Unfortunately, the pains are here to stay until after the birth – okay a few days after the birth. Hang in there, you are in the home stretch – no pun intended. :)

Kathleen     at 4:42 pm

Having injured my tailbone in a snowboarding accident…oh how I feel your pain. I’m glad yours is just temporary. The pain aside, you look amazing and I love that your car seat is ready to go! I really enjoy and look forward to your pregnancy updates!

Kath     at 4:51 pm

Hee hee- love the outtakes! You are still one gorgeous woman!

Chelsea     at 4:56 pm

Puffy cheeks?! What are you talking about; you’re tiny and BEAUTIFUL! I’m so glad that people are being nice. I always wondered about that given pregnancy is so common and chivalry is disappearing. It’s good to know you get the extra special attention you deserve!

Have you ever tried sitting on one of those donut cushions?

Tami@Carpentiere.net     at 4:59 pm

Inlabored on the yoga/stability ball, it felt much better than anything else. So my unsolicited advice would be to get use to rolling and bouncing around on it now

Chase - the CHASE project     at 5:05 pm

Lookin’ good Mama!! I think we’re getting just as excited for C’s arrival as you are!

Lauren @ sassy molassy     at 5:18 pm

You look adorable! Love that blue tank. Hope you’re able to walk w/out too much pain for a while more.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 5:28 pm

You are still looking amazing Emily! I bet 7 weeks feels like forever and no time at all at the same time.

RunEatRepeat     at 5:32 pm

Emily, I know I’ve said it before but, you are the only mommy blogger that makes me excited to get pregnant for some reason.Seriously, it’s kinda nice :)

Marci     at 5:32 pm

I think 3 miles is great! It’s a long time when you aren’t going fast. Have you tried foam rolling your butt? My tailbone actually started hurting too, funny you mentioned it. I thought I just sit too much now, which I probably do. But foam rolling back and forth sitting on it feels really good.

Janet     at 5:40 pm

Hi Emily,

I have suffured from lower back pain when sitting for YEARS! I finally found this Gypsy Sit Upon that I put on my chair at work and it has helped more then anything else I have ever tried, and belive me, I have tried it ALL.

Just thought I would share what has helped me so much, hopefully you’ll find it works for you too.

Janet

sarah (the SHU box)     at 5:51 pm

i for one think you look fantastic :) baby c is going to be the cutest melon ever!

Katy     at 5:54 pm

wow, a melon!

I love these weekly updates – how amazing that in just a few short weeks you’ll get to meet Baby C and hangout ‘on the outside’!

Katherina @ Zephyr Runs     at 5:57 pm

Love these updates :) We should do a pool to see who guesses closest to Baby C’s arrival!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 6:02 pm

I think the exercise ball is a great idea–I’m sure it will be a big help. It’s nice to hear how happy you are feeling with everything. Enjoy your last few weeks!

Sara @ real fun food     at 6:08 pm

I love these posts – they’re so honest!

Jessie     at 6:17 pm

Looking great!! I feel u on the tailbone thing (OUCH) and I have not found any relief from it besides just switching positions frequently.

Oh and I’m carrying super low and EVERYONE keeps saying “it’s a boy!!” and I’m like “no sorry, guess again” and they don’t believe me. So frustrating! We’ve had 3 ultrasounds to double abd triple check, it’s a girl!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 6:17 pm

First off, you look amazing! Seriously, pregnancy is beautiful on you. Second, I hear ya on the pain! Not only that, you are doing the last part of the pregnancy during the hottest time of the year. My oldest was born in August and I was miserable!

Have fun tonight!

Lauren     at 6:26 pm

You look so happy and glow-y!
Haha, I think reading your blog is making me a know-it-all. My best friend is pregnant and does not read blogs, so even though my eggo has never been preggo I keep telling her about stuff I read on your blog!
Anyway, you look adorable.

Andrea     at 6:27 pm

You look beautiful! Yes- try the exercise ball- We have one of those chairs at work(well it’s a ball with a frame it sits on and has wheels. We have one at work. Very comfortable and forces you to keep good posture (or you’ll fall off) and it’s very comfortable.

Skyoga     at 6:36 pm

First off – you look fabulous. I hope when I have a baby I look half as good as you do. Absolutely stunning!
Secondly – Oct 12 will be a year away from my wedding!!!! Here’s hoping it turns out to be a special day for you as well :o)

Candy @ Healthy In Candy Land     at 6:48 pm

I didn’t read all the previous comments, so I don’t know if anyone else already suggested it or not, but something that might help with the tailbone pain is sitting on a donut pillow. I bought one after giving birth to my first son because I could. not. sit. down. The little donut pillow definitely helped. Just an idea. :)
You are one of the cutest pregnant ladies there ever was!

Sana     at 6:51 pm

I love looking back and seeing baby C just growww!

TanyaS     at 6:58 pm

I spent my last few weeks sitting on a stability ball. Partly for comfort, partly because I read it can help the pelvic region for labour prep. Not sure if it really helped, or if the bouncing all day just distracted me, but I liked it.

Michelle (The Runner's Plate)     at 7:00 pm

I seriously do not get tired of these updates! I am learning so much and getting more excited to be pregnant one day!

Plus, I hope I will be as cute as you are when I’m pregnant.

Rachel Lindner     at 7:06 pm

yi yi yi ligament pain sucks. I’m at 36 weeks and everything hurts! I’ve been getting Braxton-Hicks daily, and sometimes feel like I”m getting contractions in my thighs. Is that weird? My doctor says it’s ’cause my baby is transverse – with her head on one side of my belly and her butt on the other. I’m so excited to meet her that I don’t mind it all, but I do wish these last few weeks would go by faster.

Katie     at 7:15 pm

One of my friends is 5 months pregnant with TWINS! We walked Greenlake a few weeks ago, and she had to stop and take a bench break too.

Clare     at 7:21 pm

Yay! So excited for you! You look amazing. I swear the carrying low/boy thing is NOT a myth. I have two boys and a girl and the boys were both much lower than my daughter. Hang in there :)

Wendy Heath     at 7:22 pm

Donut pillow FTW. Definitely sit on a donut- my bestie just had her little little in December, and it was a godsend for her. She even took it to class with her!

Jessica     at 7:25 pm

Even your outtakes are beautiful! You look gorgeous and I am glad you are enjoying pregnancy!

Lauren @ vegology     at 7:49 pm

Can I just say… you look fantastic! Must be all the walking/waddling.

Army Amy*     at 8:02 pm

It’s amazing to think that the baby started so tiny and is now a cantaloupe!*

Macrae     at 8:28 pm

I love your most recent Babble post :)All 7 slides seems so heart felt and genuine! Great idea with backing now rather than later…my brothers wife made a lot of freezable items (breads, sauces, marinated proteins) to save for when the baby came. So even though they were sleep deprived and adjusting to everything new, they could always fall back on a home cooked (frozen) meal for comfort. They would highly recommend it!

Mary Beth     at 8:33 pm

Emily, I had lower back pain with all three of my pregnancies and I used a heating pad on low with a tennis ball underneath… I would roll around until the tennis ball hit the ‘sweet spot’ of pain and then gently massage it. It worked wonderfully!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 8:33 pm

You’re the cutest. I seriously think I will be super obsessed with my belly when I am pregnant too.

Lee     at 8:44 pm

It does sort of look like you have a melon under your shirt! You look great though. 7 weeks, how exciting!

Lisa     at 8:58 pm

I can’t believe you’re getting so close!!! Jeromy, Caroline and I are SOO excited to meet Baby C :-)

Christine @ BookishlyB     at 8:59 pm

I started reading your blog when you just started posting about being expecting. It’s been so interesting to read your updates! It makes me want to be pregnant (maybe I should have my husband read your blog, haha)!

Dani Delicatessen     at 9:13 pm

I love that you’ve been doing these pregnancy updates! It’s hard to find someone who is so healthy and active who can talk about what the changes have been like. You are glowing though! Congrats and goodluck : )

Meagan     at 9:28 pm

I can’t believe you don’t have any stretch marks! Do you do anything other than eating healthy and exercising to prevent it?

caitie     at 9:34 pm

I’m not sure if you’ve addressed this already (I dont think you have!) but have you decided if you are going to use conventional diapers or cloth diapers?

Kayla     at 9:36 pm

You look beautiful! I love that top, such a pretty color on you. It seems like your pregnancy has gone so fast!

sallymae     at 9:44 pm

Hang in there lady! You are doing awesome. :) Is it going by fast or slow or both? I’m 6 weeks behind you and it seems like your due date is coming up so quick, yet mine still feels miles away. ;) I love following your journey and can’t wait to meet baby C via the net!

Lindsay     at 9:56 pm

The exercise ball is a great idea. Hopefully it will help you. I’ve heard it’s good for pregnant women to sit on one–I think it helps loosen things up or something. I need to break mine out! Oh, and then after the baby is born, it can be really useful for bouncing the baby (holding him, of course) if he needs movement and you’re tired of walking around with him.

Mia     at 10:23 pm

A “cantaloupe” really does seem like such a milestone! By the way, gaiam.com used to sell those balance ball chairs, in which the ball comes off if you want to exercise with it, but there is also a frame so that you can sit on it without worrying about toppling over! I am not pregnant, but I use it while doing computer work. I’ve had it for years and it’s been great.

www.theevolvinghomemaker.com     at 10:25 pm

yeah, you can try a pillow with the tailbone part cut out. maybe that would help? i am shocked that at 32 weeks your baby is the size of a cantaloupe. I must just be forgetting the pregnancy week by week book…lol…my son was born at 36 weeks and was 6.2 lbs! They said if he had gone full term he would have been 10 pounds…yikes.

jen

Deva (Voracious Vorilee)     at 11:44 pm

I love your pregnancy updates and how open you have been about your pregnancy. I am still a couple years out from trying for kids, but I know that I will come back and read these posts when we are finally ready!

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed)     at 6:57 am

I love love these updates, I think I say that almost every time. You looked beautiful and so happy. Sorry to hear of the tailbone pain. Thankful though that you are embracing your pregnancy and all the changes that come with having a little one. I hope to experience it all for myself someday soon! Can’t wait for Baby C’s arrival!

Elisabeth     at 8:13 am

I just love these updates! I’ll be a little sad when they’re over, but so excited to see updates about Baby C. I’m thinking a weekly update on him will be needed then? ;)

Love that maternity top, too!

Megan @ On the Road Again     at 8:44 am

You’re still looking great! Love reading this updates :)

And I can totally commiserate on the lower back/tailbone pain. I can’t seem to find a comfortable sitting position these days. My Boppy maternity pillow helps a bit a night, but I can’t very well take that huge thing with me everywhere I go.

Nicole     at 9:56 am

Hey Emily! I love your weekly posts! I started a Baby Blog that I hope to eventually transition into more! I have a question, are you planning on natural childbirth or epidural or go with the flow? Im currently 28 weeks and I have been thinking about it a lot so I would love to hear another mommy to be’s take! Thanks!

Erin     at 11:22 am

Once again you look amazing! I have a boy and I also carried very low. Benefit to carrying low was that I never had any digestive issues or breathing issues at the end. Funny how that is. I can’t believe how quickly it is going.

Patty     at 11:51 am

Hi Emily,

I’m a new blogger and just stumbled on your blog today and am catching on on your adventures. I’m in the DC area and just read your post from the blogger meet up at Northside Sodial. Love that place but sad that I missed an opportunity to meet other bloggers! I look forward to reading about your new transition to motherhood. Exciting stuff. Wishing you the best.

Patty

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 12:15 pm

You look so amazing and adorable as always…it just looks like you swallowed a basketball! ;)

And I love that top on you, gorgeous! Where is it from?!

Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza     at 12:57 pm

You look great and sound like you are in a great place, just enjoying the moments as the come.

October 12th is a great day…it’s my birthday too haha! :)

Cardio Pizza     at 12:57 pm

October 12th is a great day…it’s my birthday too haha! :)

Alexa @ Simple Eats     at 1:08 pm

You look amazing! You look very calm and glowing!

So sorry that you have been in pain. I hope the exercise ball helps!

Noelle     at 3:13 pm

you think you are uncomfortable now…….thats what I thought and then I had the baby, talk about the WEEKS of discomfort after, everyone is different but for me it was FOUR solid weeks of serious discomfort, I didn’t know it would take that long to recover…ouch!

Alex @ Raw Recovery     at 3:21 pm

I’ve just started reading your blog and I really love it! Congratulations on your pregnancy, you look beautiful! I also wanted to say that I really enjoy the modesty and compassion that is pervasive on your blog. Many times I feel like bloggers boast about their lives and accomplishments, but I enjoy the non-threatening feel on Daily Garnish. Thank you!

Lolly     at 4:19 pm

I carried DS1 just like the traditional boy pregnancy–all belly, carrying low.

I carried DS2 just like the traditional girl pregrancy—huge all over.

Same sex twice, two totally different looking pregnancies. But yes, you are carrying in the traditional boy way.

I made it to week 38 with my skin feeling stretched to the limit and thought i was gonna escape the dreaded stretchmarks. Went to bed one night without them, woke up the next morning covered in deep purple mapping all across belly acreage. I hope you dodge them, but if not, you soon learn how incidental they are and you forget about them and move on with life.

You are the glowiest pregnant lady! It’s been awesome following along!

Dawn     at 4:19 pm

Emily, try sitting on a kid’s swim ring for your tailbone pain. It worked wonders for me!!

jeana     at 4:36 pm

Okay I just have to tell you that I LOVE your blog and especially your pregnancy posts. I am prego too, 32 1/2 weeks, so I love that the things you write about are just what I’m experiencing too. So fun! I also love the yummy recipes you post and have made a few. I’m not a vegetarian, but love healthy recipes that taste good and your blog is one of the best places I’ve found for motivating me to eat more healthy, for me and my baby! Thanks.

jen     at 5:07 pm

my friend had 2 exercise balls when she got to be about 8 months pregnant… one for her home and one for her car to take to other people’s houses. she said it was the only thing she could sit on and feel comfortable!

Julie S.     at 5:07 pm

I absolutely loved all the special attention I got from people when I was pregnant, too! :)

Claire     at 6:18 pm

To chime in with everyone else…you look fantastic! It seems that *most* people who have boys are mostly baby. They don’t visibly “spread” as much. People pregnant with girls are a little “softer.” Obviously, not a hard and fast rule, but it seems that is what happens. Maybe that’s why people assume you’re having a boy!

Courtney     at 7:19 pm

Emily, you are tiny!

Kristen @ The Concrete Runner     at 7:55 pm

You look great Emily! The big belly stage is definitely my favorite so far also, but I am also uncomfortable. However, I look like I’m carrying low, but she is all up in my ribs – so they hurt instead of the tailbone. And I TOTALLY think you should start using the Boppy as a butt cushion!

Sara     at 8:23 pm

The “carrying low if you’re having a boy” is just a myth…my 4 month old daughter is proof if it :). I carried low with her my entire pregnancy! In your case though it’s true! Enjoy these last few weeks of your pregnancy. As eager as I was for my daughter to arrive, I sometimes miss being pregnant, sore hips and all! I loved having a belly and watching her move inside of me. And like you said, it was so nice how people treated me. :)

Emily     at 9:22 pm

You look soooooo cute! :) And healthy and vibrant! I have loved watching your updates!

Elizabeth     at 10:16 pm

Look for a genius pediatrician. Bedside manner does not matter when it comes to your babies’ health. I also dig natural births!

Rachelle     at 12:31 am

So you probably get way more info on here than you want (sorry). I can’t recall if I sent you this info yet or not, and well, I am far too lazy to look through all bazillion comments again (Mommy of a 3 year old and I am tired!).

1) Google Jack Newman. BEST BREAST FEEDING ADVICE EVER. Do it. NOW! I waited until after I delivered. Bad idea. He has videos for correct latch, seriously this is gold! Best. Advice. Ever.
2) You are getting braxton hicks (when your belly gets all hard, but it doesn’t “hurt” a lot). No worries, it is a great way to exercise those muscles. I am sure people above me have mentioned it.

Ah, you have a great baby belly :-)
3) You are NOT huge, you are perfect and adorable :-)
4) At the end, well, lets just say I LIVED at the chiropractor. It really helps to have them adjust your hips and an additional plus… it helps put baby into alignment for birthing ;-) If you are familiar w/ Cat/ Cow in yoga, do that a ton right now, it also helps put baby in the right position.

Lauren     at 7:26 am

That shirt is so cute!!

Sara     at 12:23 pm

Love those cute thank you cards! I’m carrying a boy, too, and b/c I’m also carrying low, people seem to just know! (well, older women.)

Brittany     at 5:03 pm

You look stunning Emily!

It’s been so fun following your progress. :)

Megan     at 5:53 pm

Indy seems to be doing exactly what I’d like to be doing on this lazy Saturday! Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere along the way about your puffy vest collection. Looking forward to fall I’m in the market for the perfect puffy vest – where are some of your favorites from? Thanks!

Ahhh I am late to this! Sorry! My favorites are from Gap. : ) I cannot WAIT to wear vests again!!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run]     at 10:06 pm

Do you have Baby C’s Halloween costume planned out? =]

Sarah     at 11:14 am

I can related to so much of what you wrote here- including carrying low and people “knowing” I’m having a boy, not really caring about my size because I and the baby are healthy, and back pain. For the pain, one of my midwives suggested icing the small of my back. She said my pain was likely the result of a pinched sciatic nerve, and I think she was right, because her suggestion worked! Maybe the same thing will work for you?

Jill B.     at 9:40 am

Those were some breathtaking baby belly pics! You’re in the homestretch girl, and I admire you’re style. :)

Not sure if you “believe” in chiropractors, but please consider it. I went with DS#2 2x/week during the 3rd trimester for my sciatic. Dr. had one of those table for prego ladies with a hole in it for your belly so you could lay on your stomach (or lay on your chest since your stomach is thru the hole?) hee hee.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 2:44 pm

The rock solid belly? Braxton Hicks contractions!

I always am able to tell if someone is having a boy or a girl by their body. If they are mostly or all belly it’s a boy (riding low is definitely a factor) and if they’re wider in the hips and the belly is more protruding on the sides then it’s a girl.

I’ve only been wrong once.

Kelly B     at 10:22 am

I can’t thank you enough for these weekly posts! I’m a bit behind you, but I’ve been reading your weeks that carrespond with mine, and it’s so interesting to read the similarities.

Can you tell me what you use for you’re “baby measuring” site? I’m not very convinced mine knows what they’re talking about, unless they are going bey weight, because my nugget went from a sweet potato last week, to an heirloom tomato this week!!
Thanks so much for sharing with us!
Kelly B

I use Babycenter, and also a What To Expect app on my phone. Sometimes they measure differently. I usually pick whichever fruit/vegetable is more fun. :)

Week 33: My Pregnancy Journey. | Daily Garnish     at 1:17 pm

[...] the back pain and subsequent lack of sleep has continued this week.  I have tried a few of your suggestions, [...]

Mazie     at 8:26 am

I see a lot of interesting posts on your page. You have
to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of work, there
is a tool that creates unique, SEO friendly posts in couple of minutes, just search in google – laranita’s
free content source