For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Week 33: My Pregnancy Journey.

I am definitely to the point where the weeks are starting to run together.  I remember back when I was like seven weeks pregnant, and I would hear women with giant bellies claim to not even remember how far along they were, I would think “how can you not remember?  THIS IS THE BIGGEST DEAL IN THE WORLD.”  Because back then every day felt like a week just waiting to get to the point where my pregnancy felt “safe” and real.

And while, at least in my personal world, it still is the biggest deal, it really is easy to lose track when you are counting forty-ish weeks.  But somehow, I have ended up at thirty three!

How Big is the Baby?

Casey’s eyes got really big when he saw the size of this pineapple.  “Which part are we talking about?  No way is anything that large inside of you.”

But it’s true!  At almost 5 pounds and 19-22 inches long, this baby is the real deal.

The pounds are what really amazes me. I know so many babies that have been born in the 5-6 pound range, and I can’t believe that one of those is in my belly. I imagine it won’t really feel possible until I see him for myself!

How I’m Feeling

More of the same – giant stomach and sore boobs.  Casey turned to me the other day and said, “I wonder what the dogs think is going on with your stomach…”  It’s funny to think about.  Have they noticed that there is something gigantic on the front of me?  Indy curls up with me sometimes and rests his head on my stomach.  I wonder if he feels the kicks.

Unfortunately the back pain and subsequent lack of sleep has continued this week.  I have tried a few of your suggestions, and have started sitting on a giant exercise ball, which definitely helps.  Tomorrow, I’m splurging and getting my first prenatal massage.  Crossing my fingers that it helps relieve some of the muscle pain and lets me get some much needed sleep.

I had a bit of a third trimester pity party last weekend when I had to face some serious realities about my activity level, and what I’m capable of at this point.  But now I’m trying hard to just listen to my body, and let it do what it needs to do to prepare for the main event.

How I’m Changing

Check out the growth just ten weeks apart – this third trimester is NO joke!

Week 13 (1st trimester) and week 23 (2nd trimester)…

IMG_8907 (425x640) IMG_0385 (425x640)

And now week 33 – the third trimester!  Yowsas!

The main problem I have now is that I’m running out of clothes.  Many of my maternity pants aren’t fitting around my ever expanding waistline anymore, and the tops are even starting to feel too small in the boobs.  I can’t bring myself to buy more clothes with just a few weeks left, so I’m trying hard to make do with what is left, and hoping Casey doesn’t notice that I wear the same three outfits in a rotation.

It’s hard for me to imagine that I can get much bigger than this, but I guess I’ve been saying that since the very beginning.  At least my second pair of maternity jeans still fits, and I pretty much wear them every day.  I will miss this giant elastic waist when I have to go back to actually buttoning my pants closed.

IMG_2172 (425x640)IMG_2173 (426x640)IMG_2174 (427x640)

Exercising for Two

More of the same – walking, weights, and yoga.  I’ve still been able to keep up with our 3-mile lake walks, but more often than not I need Casey to take both dogs now.  The leash pulling gets to be too much for me, and it’s easier for me to just walk beside him with the pups.

We ordered our stroller last week, and it arrived over the weekend!  We ended up choosing the BOB Revolution CE in a fun plum color.

Capture

I have been threatening to take it to the lake and walk with it (empty) just for practice.  That’s not crazy, right?  We also got the infant car seat adapter, and I can’t wait to use it!

I’m also really enjoying my prenatal yoga class, and I hope I’m able to keep going up until the very end.

Speaking of the end, I have this gut feeling that this guy is coming early.  As of my last midwives appointment, I was measuring about 1.5 weeks ahead (in belly size), and I believe it.  I have no signs of labor and overall I still feel great.  I just feel kind of…done.  My hope is that he hangs out in there for a few more weeks until he’s fully grown and truly ready.  But I should probably start thinking about washing sheets and clothes now just in case…

Speaking of baby clothes, he is super spoiled and got another adorable gift yesterday from our Seattle friend, Lacey.  Check out this adorable gift bag!  I wish I was crafty.

Inside – a precious American Apparel onesie with a big C on it.  Absolutely perfect!  Huey and I both thought it was pretty great.

I have another midwife appointment this afternoon, since I’m down to going every two weeks now.  Just 45 days left until my official due date.  Trying to make each one count!

For more pregnancy-related posts or previous weekly updates, please visit the pregnancy page.  Also check out this week’s Babble!

Sara@BakingandWine     at 10:13 am

You’re looking so great! I just had my baby last Friday and even though she is teeny tiny she also seems SO huge when I think about where she was! It’s surreal thinking about her being in my womb and then, BAM! Out here with us. Haha.

My last few weeks I also rotated the same two pants and shirts, and even those were too small by the end! :)

YAY congrats!!!

Amber K     at 10:30 am

Seeing the pics from the 1st and 2nd trimesters really shows how far you’ve come! I can’t believe there is a whole pineapple in there. Wow!

Jennifer @ Sweetly Vegan     at 11:25 am

you look amazing emily!!! I only hope stay as fit as you when I am 33 weeks pregnant!! I will probably be living in my yoga pants everyday :) going to make your roasted tomatoes and millet for dinner tonight! can’t wait!!

Shannon     at 1:05 pm

HA! Cc for Carbon Copy! How cute!! I love it. OOh i hope Baby C stays in until he’s fully done too. Time to start thinking about maternity photos :D

I need you to come take newborn pics!! Get on a plane! :)

Lacy     at 1:14 pm

Congrats on your growing family! I am a new follower of yours and have truly enjoyed your posts. I remember thinking, there is NO way I can get bigger too but somehow my first born was 10 lbs 7 oz!

You look great and talking from experience the BOB is the best gift to a mother especially one who runs! I don’t leave home without it!

Heather     at 1:22 pm

Hi! Congratulations on being almost done! I’m about halfway through my pregnancy and thinking about registry items. How did you decide between the Revolution CE and SE? Just wonderin’! :)

We pushed both around in the store, and the CE is just a little bit smaller. Since we live in the city in a TEENY tiny townhouse, we thought the CE would be easier for storage purposes. They are very similar though!

Heather Reply:

Thanks! We live in a townhouse as well, so storage is definitely a concern. Do you think you’ll be able to go on long runs with the CE? I read that it was best for short jogs. My goal is to complete a half marathon or 10 miler with my little one!

I don’t know why not! I definitely plan to use mine for long runs. The only real difference is that the back tires are a bit smaller, and I think the overall frame is 3 pounds lighter.

Sarah@The Flying ONION     at 3:53 pm

You’re such a cute mama! I can’t believe it’s almost time to welcome your baby into the world. Time flies! :D

Meagan     at 7:16 pm

You have 45 days left? NO way. You look like you’re ready now! Maybe he will come early :)

Christine     at 7:41 pm

I remember reading in my child development book that typically a larger baby is more healthy/well fed and should have overall better brain and general development. This may be below a reasonable limit (i.e. below 10-11 pounds perhaps) but the higher the birth-weight and longer the pregnancy, the more healthy your baby will be overall now and in the future. This includes things like heart disease, cancer and diabetes too when they’re adults. Just a little tip of encouragement that I thought of when you commented on your baby’s weight. Good luck!

Casey read something like that too, and now he’s constantly telling me to eat more so that we have a big smart baby. :) I’m just scared of how to get a big baby OUT of me!

Kathy     at 10:38 am

You make the cutest little mother. I can really see the difference in your belly size since last month. I can remember the feeling all too well. My grandson was 10 lbs 10 oz when he was born. He was amazon baby. But so adorable. My two were both over 8 lbs. I am as anxious as you to actually see the little one make his appearance!! The anticipation is killing me!!

Me too! :)

ปวดหลัง     at 5:42 pm

One of the actions you can do to help relieve back pain is to strengthen your core.
The problem isn’t in your muscles; it’s in your brain, the organ of learning and the center of long-term
reflex actions, such as postural reflexes. By carrying
out spinal manipulations and corrections, chiropractors can actually treat most nerve and musculoskeletal system disorders.

ksw29-transmisje.pl     at 7:58 pm

I believe this is among the most vital info for me.
Annd i am glad reading your article. However
wanna remark on few common issues, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really
excellent : D. Excellent task, cheers