Prenatal Preparations.

Yesterday was a fun day for me and the bump.  We headed out in the afternoon for our first prenatal massage!

2011-09-01 12.00.35

I’ve mentioned it here before, but I’m having a lot of back pain and muscle tightness.  By the time I lay down to go to bed, sometimes it is so bad that I can’t sleep.  I toss and turn all night wishing that there was some way to relieve it.  I used to be a big back cracker (probably not good), but now that I’m pregnant I can’t crack my back anymore.  I think all that tension is just building and building!

So yesterday I shopped around and found what seemed like a good price for a 60 minute prenatal massage.  I’m funny about money and have a hard time splurging on things that seem like luxuries instead of necessities.  I have only have two other massages in my life – one after my first marathon, and the other using a Groupon!  I am so glad I went though, because it was more than worth the price!

I was taken back into a little room with yummy smelling candles and lotions, dim lighting, and soothing music.

2011-09-01 12.08.04

I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect since I knew I wouldn’t be able to lay face down or flat on my back.  My massage therapist had the table all set up with pillows for propping myself up on my side on top of a heated table.  Heaven.

2011-09-01 12.08.11

She did thirty minutes on one side and thirty minutes on the other.  One of the major areas that has been bothering me the most is my tailbone, and after I told this to the masseuse, she ended up giving me a hard core butt muscle rub.  I never would have been brave enough to ask anyone to rub my bum, but she totally did, and I absolutely loved it.  I told her I wanted lots of pressure on my back, and at certain points she pushed so hard it was painful – in a good way.

Sixty minutes of pure heaven, and I slept so much better last night.  I’m hoping to go at least one or two more times before Baby C arrives!

2011-09-01 12.08.19

After the massage ended, I felt like I needed a nap.  Instead, I continued my afternoon of prenatal preparations and headed to Target.

Like I said in my last update, as I get bigger and bigger I’m starting to run out of comfortable clothes.  I figured I’d see what was on sale at Target, and ended up getting a few more things that were on sale – score!  First up, this new grey top.  It’s really lightweight and comfortable – a new favorite.

This dress would probably not have been my first pick, but it was SIX dollars, so I bought it anyways.  It fits, it’s comfortable, and it was cheap.  All that really matters at this point, right?

The other thing I really needed was more clothes for my – ahem – expanding bottom-half.  Another clearance find, some denim-ish shorts that will look nice for either dressing up or down.  It’s also really hard to find shorts with the full panel, which is totally essential this late in pregnancy.

Beyond maternity clothes, my main mission for the trip to Target was to get some things I will need in the hospital.  First up, a new sports bra.  My others are all too small at this point, and I have decided I don’t want to wear a big dumpy hospital gown while I’m in labor.

My sister told me that she wore a sports bra and loose skirt in the hospital, and it was one of her best decisions for being more comfortable.  Also, she said that seeing her belly exposed made her feel more connected to what was going on during contractions and pushing.  Makes sense to me!  So, I picked up a new sports bra to wear while giving birth.  Totally weird.

I also knew I would need some nursing supplies and comfortable bras/tops for afterwards while I am figuring out this whole breastfeeding thing.  I have NO idea what I will like, what will fit, etc – so I just bought a range of options and kept the receipt.  Hopefully at least one thing works!  Nursing tanks, which came highly recommended from many moms…

And nursing bras, both sleep style and traditional.  Yes, I am posting pictures of my bras.  Pregnancy has ruined my filter.

Last weekend I dug out our big duffle bag that will be our hospital bag when the time comes.  Now I actually have something to put in it!  So far we’ve got nursing tanks/bras and comfy slippers.  Seems like a good start to me.  :)

There are still a few more personal items I probably need to go buy, but I’m taking it one step at a time.  More and more, I’m feeling relatively ready and prepared.  Hoping to spend our holiday weekend finishing up some nursery details and starting to wash all the baby clothes and linens!

Sorry for all the girl talk about butt rubs and bra photos today.  You can always click away and make lasagna if it is too much.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day celebration!

Jackie @ That Deep Breath     at 11:10 am

I love the print on that dress…I want that for myself!

Angharad     at 11:29 am

Love hearing about every aspect of it! I find it so fascinating so thanks for being so willing to share with your readers. On another note, um, where did you get those slippers?! I really love em!

Slippers also from Target – last season! But I’m sure they have them every year. SO comfortable. I have 2 pairs.

Noelle     at 11:30 am

I totally have that sports bra. My friend told me there was a sale on nursing tanks at target so I am heading there tomorrow! You snagged some nice tops. Sounds nice that you got that massage!

Sarah C     at 11:30 am

I love those nursing tanks! They were the biggest lifesaver for my sore boobs. Lol

Your massage sounded fun. I am the same way about paying for things like that, but maybe I will have to look into one of those for my next pregnancy.

Have a great long weekend!

Hayley @ Oat Couture     at 11:35 am

Ooh I’m getting so excited for you, not long to go at all now! :) So crazy how time flies! Glad you enjoyed the massage and it relieved your back pain, there is nothing worse than being unable to sleep! I’m gonna ask as well, where are those slippers from? Love the fleece inside!

Slippers also from Target – last season! But I’m sure they have them every year. SO comfortable. I have two pairs.

Erica     at 11:37 am

Oh this post makes me so happy and excited for you! You are so close! I am only 11 weeks pregnant and I love going through your week-by-week journal, and I even started one myself (not a blog, just a word document!). I can’t wait to get to your point!

Congrats to YOU! So exciting!!

Sara T.     at 11:38 am

One item not to forget…big old granny panties. Trust me on this one. You’ll need them for the gigantor pads they give you at the hospital! Also another must, nipple cream. Earth Mama Angel Baby has a vegan one, although to be honest I found the Lansinoh cream worked much better, although it is not vegan.

That was on my list for yesterday too, but after I tried on ten million nursing tanks I was so hungry for lunch that I decided granny panties and pads would have to wait for the next trip. I did get the Lanisoh creme and breast pads!

Michelle (The Runner's Plate)     at 11:38 am

I love that you share it all because this is stuff I have no idea about!

I am a perpetual back-cracker too! Never considered I won’t be able to do it while I’m pregnant, yikes!

Trust me, I had no idea either! I am just figuring it out as I go. Luckily, I am in a position to get a LOT of feedback and advice through the blog, which is usually very helpful! Just trying to pass it all along. :)

Linda     at 11:39 am

I used to be a back cracker before I got pregnant too! Unfortunately, I was never able to do it again after my kids were born. Weird what pregnancy does to you!

I had no idea – it’s so uncomfortable!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed     at 11:43 am

You need precisely 357643579843168 pads in there. Just sayin. Lol

Hahahaahah. :) Those would be the “personal products” I still need to go buy. I was so overwhelmed by bras and tanks (and hungry for lunch) that I decided giant pads and diapers will have to wait until my next trip. :)

Chase - the CHASE project     at 11:47 am

Butt rubs and bra photos, hahahaha! I had a massage therapist rub my butt (without me asking, she must have known my glutes were so tight) and wow did it really relieve my lower back pain! It’s weird to say, “Can you focus on my, um, butt?” but it feels so great for when you have a really tight lower back. :)

YES! I couldn’t ask for it, but man did I love it. :)

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups     at 11:48 am

I’ve heard mixed reviews on prenatal massages, so I’m glad yours went so well. I’m a huge back cracker right now too–multiple times a day and constantly when I’m laying in bed. Maybe I should try to kick that?

Keri R.     at 11:49 am

I have that white nursing tank and I love it! Also, The Lansinoh Ultra Soft Nursing Pads are the best. I know that they have them at Babies R Us!

I got those when we went to BRU – glad to know you liked them!

Lisa     at 11:50 am

Ha! We bought the same stuff at Target :-) I’m wearing the black nursing tank right now!! And I bought one of the bras you bought too–the white one. Because the cups are so rigid I found that it doesn’t work that well as a nursing bra–I end up taking the whole bra off to feed her when I’m wearing it (TMI, sorry). I bought sleeping nursing bras at Target, same brand as the black nursing tank and they’re awesome. I also was fitted for and bought a Bravada nursing bra at the hospital and I love it, I think I need to get one more of them, it’s so comfy.

Also, I totally overpacked for the hospital, you definitely don’t need as much as you think. At least, I didn’t :-) So excited Baby C will be here soon–Caroline can’t wait to meet her left coast boyfriend!

RhodeyGirl     at 11:51 am

You need to book your next prenatal massages now! You are going to become addicted like I have.

I’ve gotten one a month for the last few months, but I got one last week.. and am getting one next week. Yippee! Guilt free too because trig bought me a bunch of gift certificates!

Love that you’ve starting packing your hospital bag.. I’m starting to freak out at how close we are!

RhodeyGirl     at 11:51 am

oh and I make Trig massage my butt like dough every night to relieve that pain you’re talking about. it doesn’t really work but I still have him try every night.

I used to be a back cracker too and can’t wait to crack it again.

I ask Casey for butt rubs every night too. :) But this woman used some SERIOUS pressure, and it was amazing. Cracking my back is literally one of the first things I will do once I can!

Amy     at 11:53 am

I’m glad your filter is ruined! I’m going to need to start looking into things like nursing bras in a couple of months, and I’m completely clueless. Also, that prenatal massage sounds heavenly. I might have to look into getting one!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 11:54 am

All those clothes look super comfy! I tried my 15 week pregnant friend’s maternity jeans on (just for fun) the other week and seriously didn’t want to take them off. A stretchy waistline alone might be reason enough to get pregnant ;)

The jeans are MONEY. I can’t believe I’m going to have to go back to wearing things with waistbands – horrors!

Hannah     at 11:55 am

I never realized you could give birth in a hospital and NOT wear one of their gowns. I’m super young still and no where near having kids, but I think the #1 thing that turns me off about hospital births is having to give birth in a hospital gown — like you’re a sick patient or something!

I think it depends on the hospital, but it’s definitely worth asking when you are choosing one!

Christina     at 11:55 am

Aw I love how you’re in complete nesting mode! You’re definitely ready :) I didn’t know you could wear a sports bra with just a shirt in the hospital! Someone told me you had to wear a hospital gown and that was that. That’s great to hear though!

P.S. for those who ran off to make lasagna maybe they’ll freeze you a tray and send it over for your return home with baby!

Lauren     at 11:59 am

Just wanted you to know that those nursing tank tops are great! I used the same exact ones and loved them to sleep in, wear around the house…they are super comfortable and “easy access” for the baby. I also liked that they looked like something I would normally wear.

Lauren     at 12:02 pm

OH! And you probably you know this already, but take as much as you can when you leave the hospital. Meaning pads, a “squirt bottle” for your lady bits, witch hazel pads, etc. I bought pads but ended up using the ones from the hospital since they really got the job done. :)

Omg a squirt bottle? I am so afraid.

Lauren Reply:

Let’s just say that the last thing you want to be doing is wiping with toilet paper once the baby is out.

Nothing feels better than that warm squirt bottle let me tell you. I also had a third degree tear so that was part of the issue….

Have I scared you yet? ;)

Lauren Reply:

HA! It is than MORE worth every single thing. :)

Lindsay R. Reply:

I agree! Take the bottle home!

Danielle     at 12:03 pm

I basically lived in nursing tanks from Target for the first few months after my daughter was born. I’ll be picking up some more before baby #2 arrives.

Katie KS     at 12:04 pm

I would not recommend underwire nursing bras – and I wear regular underwire bras almost exclusively. Yeah, you won’t need all that at the hospital … It’s unlikely your milk will come in while you’re there if you have a vaginal birth … and each to her own but I preferred the hospital gown because everything is messy and I did not want anything binding. Then as soon as you give birth they take it away and you get a fresh one so at least you feel better. Don’t buy too many giant pads. They’ll give you some at the hospital for there. Then an overnight pack for when you get home and see how it goes from there if you need more. Maybe a pack of super and then regular and thin.

I made sure to get ones without underwire! I am all about comfort – whatever it takes. I plan to throw AWAY whatever skirt/bottom option I end up wearing. No worries. :)

Ginna Reply:

Did you/are you wearing special maternity bras as well? I am curious about that. I have read that underwire anytime during pregnancy is bad and its better to wear wireless so the milk comes in?

I have worn normal (underwire) bras through pregnancy, but I did go buy bigger ones since the old ones weren’t very comfortable anymore.

shera Reply:

Why would underwires possibly be bad? They support you. If you are a DD or DDD pre-pregnancy, no underwire is bad.

Ginna Reply:

Shera – it has to do with compressing milk glands. I am finding, early on, even my underwire are very uncomfortable and I am a full C. Always used to wearing underwire but think I need to switch to wireless.

Ginna!!! ARE YOU PREGNANT?? :)

Ginna Reply:

I sent you a fb message :)

Shera Reply:

Hmmm. If you reallly think you need the support, you might need to get professionaly fitted as you grow. Once that tissue stretches, there is nothing you can do to get it back. I wore underwire bras for 2 pregnancies & 14-15 months nursing for each kiddo, no problem. Even my sports bras have to have the wire support. :)

Holly     at 12:07 pm

I am like some of the other non-moms here! This is news to me!

I like the sports bra idea. That does sound much nicer than those gowns. It’s like even going to the gyno is awful because of those gowns. YUCK.

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 12:17 pm

I buy those same sports bras in S. =(

I’ve received one massage, and when they got to my butt, I flinched because there was a huge knot or something. Afterward, the masseuse asked, “You didn’t like being massaged there, didn’t you? It was very tight.”

Haha well my sports bras are now being bought in a LARGE. It happens!

Michaela     at 12:55 pm

So happy you are feeling better now! I absolutely adore massages, but, like you, I am mostly too cheap to treat myself to one…
Love the girl talk! Keeping it real :)

katie     at 12:57 pm

nursing tanks are awesome (i have the same ones) and ditto to no underwire for your nursing bras. i bought 2 with underwire and 2 without and i basically wash the ones without every day because i hate the ones with underwire. you have to wear these bras when you sleep and fold them under every time you nurse. waaaay easier to do that with no underwire ;)

I made sure to get ones without underwire! I had been warned. :)

Kristen @ The Concrete Runner     at 1:20 pm

I would have never thought about a sports bra and loose skirt! I am totally going to find a loose skirt to wear for birth (I am still attempting to squeeze myself into my sports bras). That massage sounds incredible! Luckily, I’ve been so exhausted by the time bedtime rolls around that my aches and pains haven’t been keeping me up! Poor girl! Get some rest while you still can!

Ellen     at 1:28 pm

I don’t mind the butts and bras. It’s all part of the journey, and I’ve really enjoyed reading about it! Even though I’ve never had kids, I think your approach to pregnancy is really admirable! I can’t wait to hear more!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 1:35 pm

I am the same way about spending money on luxuries, it really bothers me to drop that kind of cash on pampering type stuff. That said, I think the pains of pregnancy one day will finally inspire me to get a professional massage.

TC     at 1:55 pm

“pregnancy has ruined my filter”

Ha ha! That is really funny. My mom always said that after having two kids, she isn’t embarrassed by anything.

Ashley     at 1:58 pm

“pregnancy has totally ruined my filter…” hahahaha :) Cute post!!!

Anne     at 2:35 pm

Hahahah, you are funny ! (In a good way !)

Jessie @ Graze With Me     at 2:39 pm

Holy crap I just bought that EXACT same sports bra (same size & all) on Tuesday for the EXACT same purpose. Weird.

Also I grabbed a couple nursing bras, tanks and stretchy pj pants at target for post birth. Since we’re talking underwear I will also let u know that boy shorts seem to be the preferred option for keeping those giant pads in place. Can’t hurt!

I’ve been getting regular chiropractic adjustments throughout this pregnancy and it’s worked wonders. Glad you found a way to help get comfy for these last few weeks!

Too funny!! Matching labor outfits! :) Thanks for the tip on the boy shorts. I haven’t bought my giant granny panties yet, but it’s on my list!

Marci     at 3:11 pm

I have heard of good socks for the hospital to wear around the room or halls. Beware of the sports bra if you end up with an IV and can’t get it off. That’s the only thing I could think of with that. I also thought prenatal massages would be strange. I don’t know if I want to be rubbed when I’m big and wobbly, but since you loved it, I’ll reconsider in 20 weeks.

Marie R Reply:

Once you are headed out of the labor room they will most likely unhook your iv so you can take the sports bra off and change in to another bra. I wish I would have thought about it and bought something in a cute color- mine was just white. I second the socks for the stay- they will give you some probably, but I found mine were more comfortable.

shera Reply:

I suggest the mary-jane slipper socks from target with grips. You do NOT want to slip in regular socks.

Kristin     at 3:15 pm

I recommend trying Chiropractic too!!! my hus is in Chiropractic school right now and he’s learned how much it can help pregnant women and the back pain they may experience :)

Angie     at 3:37 pm

I used this skirt in the hospital and recommend it to everyone! So comfy and cheap. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55402&vid=1&pid=809741&scid=809741002

Awesome!! That’s basically exactly what I want!

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 3:50 pm

I’m liking the sports bra during labor idea. What kind of skirt will you wear?

Also, do we need to wear a bra while sleeping while breastfeeding?

Probably something cheap and stretchy. I have no idea on the sleeping bras, but since they sell them I assume so?

Kiki Reply:

depends on how much milk you have. I had to wear a stretchy bra while sleeping so that I could have pads, otherwise I leaked all over! sorry if TMI

Lindsay R.     at 3:52 pm

I think the nursing tanks are awesome! I loved mine from Target. The sports bra in the hospital might not work though. Can’t really nurse in a sports bra!

Well the sports bra is more for pre-baby. The other bras are for afterwards! Who knows what I am doing. I am clueless! :)

Kait @ One Love Run     at 4:03 pm

make sure you have some comfy pillows ready to pack and take with you also!

m     at 4:29 pm

Good you are packing your bag now! My little one was born very fast and early and we had nothing packed. After she was born I sent my husband home to get some “comfy clothes and pads” he came back with non-maternity jeans, a blouse and panty liners! It was all well intentioned, but I was definitely in that hospital gown awhile!

Some people hate them, but I liked the mesh underwear they give you at the hospital – and no need for granny panties!

I would so much rather be overly prepared and ready early than scrambling and late. That’s why I’m trying to get everything together now! Laughing at the jeans and blouse – too funny. :)

Shaya (Eye Girl Eats)     at 4:31 pm

So happy you got some relief from your back pain! Go every other day and tell your hubby it can be your push-present to yourself ;)

I saw an article the other day on Jezebel that highlighted some websites where you can get cute/frilly nursing bras, in case you’re interested!

Haha I dont think I can justify that, but I might go one or two more times. :)

Emily     at 5:33 pm

haha wait to see your filter go out the window even more when you have nurses, students, doctor, etc all up in your business in labor haha i lost any and all modesty i once had haha

Emily     at 5:59 pm

Glad the massage helped!! I never ever get them (have had one in my life) but they are such a worthy splurge every once in a while compared to all the other things I spend money on weekly. Hopefully you will be sleeping soundly tonight :)

sarah     at 6:11 pm

AWESOME! this solves my problem. Let me get you a gift certificate for a massage. email me how to do that. =)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 6:11 pm

I love it when bloggers get personal. And I love the idea of wearing something other than a hospital gown for giving birth!

JenRD     at 6:14 pm

Looks like you got some great finds, and cute stuff! Inalso saw good reviews of those nursing tops. Just want to throw this put there, in case your bras have underwire–I have read that underwire nursing bras can cause clogged milk ducts and other breastfeeding complications, so they are generally not recommended.

Jen

Katie@Real Food Katie's Way     at 6:46 pm

“Pregnancy has ruined my filter”

haha I’ve heard that happens ;)

Jillian     at 6:49 pm

I understand what you mean about massages (reasons why you’ve only had a couple)- I used to be the same way! Honestly, though, now I take every opportunity to lecture people about why they should consider it to be part of their health regimen if they are in pain. I had years of neck and back pain from bad habits and stupid high heels, and when I finally realized I was being silly about the way I viewed massage, I started getting them regularly. I *have* to get them on occasion to stay pain-free, it is not a luxury for me. I got addicted to seeing a chiropractor after it got really bad, but since I don’t feel comfortable about doing that all the time, massages are my first choice. I got used to people acting funny when I would say I went for a massage, and the more I started talking to people about why (ahem, being in pain all the time is not normal), the more people I found who admitted that they often have neck, shoulder and back pain and they just don’t do anything about it. Anyhow, that’s my rant- I applaud your decision to take care of yourself! :)

christine @ Life's a Lasagna     at 7:36 pm

I don’t know if anyone mentioned it but definitely bring snacks! I have celiac and was in labor for 14 hours = no eating or drinking. by the time I had my daughter and all the ‘other stuff’ was done and cleaned up it was well after 9pm and kitchen was basically closed with no one there that could accommodate my food needs. I WAS STARVING! My husband had to run out and try and find something Gluten Free at 10pm, all he was able to find was french fries.

It was terrible.. and like one of the ladies above said, take everything, they throw it away anyway. Especially take those ice pack giant pads if your hospital has them… seriously, it’s like heaven for your lady bits. :]

This is an exciting time for you! I tear up remembering mine.

Amber K Reply:

I’m so glad I read this comment! It’s going to be quite awhile before I’ll have to deal with it (considering I’m not even pregnant yet, lol) but I have to remember to bring snacks! I am gluten-intolerant in addition to a slew of other food intolerances. must bring snacks!

christine @ Life's a Lasagna Reply:

Definitely Amber! Even though we prepared the hospital as soon as we arrived for my need of gluten free meals, it wasn’t until the day I was going home that I finally received my first full GF meal! It was very disappointing. You’re already so emotional, exhausted, trying to nurse a newborn, deal with visitors and not having a real meal is just defeating. :[ Glad this could help you, in the hopefully near future. :]

Liz     at 9:12 pm

That prenatal massage sounds heavenly! I’ve never been pregnant, but my tailbone often hurts during my period, so I can’t imagine how it would feel during pregnancy…. Sounds like you’re really getting everything set – have a fun holiday weekend doing some more prenatal preparations!

Katherine     at 9:26 pm

I ended up wearing almost nothing during labor….at some point I just couldn’t take having anything touching me. You really do lose all modesty especially when moving all around/attempting to find comfort during natural childbirth. Maybe this is TMI, but I sat on the toilet (and was in the shower) a lot during my 24 hour labor! And I agree with the ladies above – take all you can from the hospital! And you will love that peri bottle. I had a 4th degree tear and lots of stitches and that water felt so good! I am 2 months in to mommy-hood and it’s the greatest thing ever. People told me that before I gave birth, but I had no idea until she actually arrived. Best of luck to you. Savor this time of preparation!

PS – Do you plan to use a doula? I loved my midwife, but my doula was truly the rock that pulled me through. She was such a support for my husband and I – especially after I gave birth and needed some special attention (i.e. stitches that took about an hour). She held my hand while my hubby held the baby. I’ll never forget that support.

No doula for me this time, but I hear they are wonderful. Casey has promised to hold my hand through whatever I need! :)

Julie     at 8:42 am

Good pick on the nursing tanks! I’ve pretty much lived in them for the last um..16 months! And good luck with your breastfeeding journey! Read up and just take it one day or latch at a time! Totally worth all the effort at the beginning! Kellymom.com is an awesome resource and they have a wonderful board for support!

Shannon @ My Place In The Race     at 9:46 am

I love all the girlie talk :) And butt massages are the best!!!

jen     at 11:06 am

for after you have the baby it was suggested to me i use tena (bladder) pads instead of normal maxi pads by a friend and they were so much more absorbet and comfortable.

glad you enjoyed your massage. i am much like you and don’t get them often and had 1 while i was pregnant. they had a table though with a cut out for my belly.

Emily     at 11:35 am

I tried your lasagna recipe: so delicious! Thanks!! http://thedivinecarrot.wordpress.com/

Alissa     at 12:48 pm

I’m so glad you got a prenatal massage! Check out chiropractic, too. And I’d highly recommend the website Spinning Babies (dot org, I think?) for optimal fetal positioning tips (like the ball, which you just broke out, right?). Might help with the back pain.

And I totally recommend the Bravado nursing bras and tanks. They are amazing!

I had both my boys on October 14th (2 years apart) and reading your posts makes me awfully nostalgic!

Alissa     at 12:48 pm

And not to be a pest, but have you looked in to using a doula for your birth?

I have thought about using a doula, and did a bit of research. Ultimately, we’ve decided to not use one this time. Casey is ready to be my supporter! :) I know doulas are wonderful, but hopefully our experience will be okay without one.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 5:43 pm

Pregnancy definitely decreases the filter that’s for sure! LOL

And love the idea of a sports bra and loose skirt. That is genius!

fittingbackin     at 6:22 pm

Cute stuff! Love the print on that dress and those denim shorts are REALLY cute!

Maria@La_Piattini     at 7:26 pm

I just bought that exact same sports bra at Target the other day! I love these Champion ones- I’ve bought three so far. They are just super comfy to work out in.

Marie R     at 9:11 pm

I have the same bra from Target (the white one). It was the worst bra I have ever owned. It seemed comfortable at first but the first day I wore it I noticed that the seam on the back by the hooks was very rough and scratched me and dug in to my back all day. Also, after washing, the cups became all dimpled. Wish I would/could have returned it.

Oh no! Really? I figure I will try it all on once I need it and probably end up returning half of it. Just wanted to have some options.

Alex @ Raw Recovery     at 9:19 pm

How exciting! Massages are always wonderful. You may want to ask if there are any oils you could use to help alleviate pain in your back. Aveda makes a great one called Active that has wintergreen in it but I’m not sure if it is safe for pregnancy so you may want to double check. If you are interested though, I work at an Aveda spa and could check, just send me an email or let me know on my blog.

I will check out the Aveda store here – thanks!

Stefanie     at 9:20 pm

The best purchase I made for delivery/after were sports bras with a zippered front. They were very comfortable and perfect for breastfeeding at home. Hanes makes them.

Good idea! I will look for some.

Shelia     at 10:14 pm

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but relaxing in a pool was the best thing I did when I was pregnant with my daughter. The water helped lift the belly off my lower back and it was the heavenly!

I do agree that pregnancy & nursing completely destroy your “filter”. Things that you would never, ever talk about before find their way into normal conversations. Accidentally bare a “girl” in a crowd… no big deal, baby’s gotta eat!

Welcome to mommyhood!

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 6:29 pm

So exciting! I love hearing about this stuff :-) PS I think that dress is super cute! Love the green.

Jules     at 12:45 pm

I just found your blog and will be following it religiously from now on. :) Best of luck with Baby C!

Glad you found it – welcome!

Lara     at 1:52 pm

Would you mind messaging me on faebook or something with the name of the place you went to for your prenatal massage? I’ve been looking for a place and it would be super helpful! :)

Sure thing!