Ready for Baby: The Nursery Tour.

While I have shown you plenty of glimpses of our nursery as we’ve worked on it throughout this summer, now that it’s ready to go, I thought it was only fitting to give an official tour!

You might remember back when it looked like this, earlier this summer when my sister was using it as her temporary summer bedroom…

While I am sad that Sarah is no longer living in the nursery, it is definitely looking much better these days!  Let’s begin…

The first thing you see when you walk in the door is this full length mirror.  It was already in the room when we moved in (in a different spot), and I decided to leave it up since I know babies LOVE mirrors.  I can’t wait to hear him giggling at his own reflection – too cute!

The inside wall has our antique dresser, scored at a farmer’s market earlier this summer.  I cleaned up the inside of the drawers by lining them with cute striped wrapping paper, and then added IKEA spice racks to help it do double-duty as a bookshelf!

Hanging above the dresser are a few family pictures I wanted to include so that our little guy always feels surrounded by the people and dogs who love him so much.

I really liked these frames since they were a good price and perfectly matched the wood on our crib, but they only came in this 8×10 size.  I thought 8×10 photos would be a bit overwhelming, so I ordered 5×7’s instead and used the leftover wrapping paper from my drawer project to make a striped backing for the pictures.  I think it turned out really well!

On the far side of the room, we have the crib and the glider.  I bought these yellow “thermal blackout curtains” at Target to help keep the room dark during nap time.  Doesn’t seem like much blacking-out is actually happening, but I like the yellow color and am too lazy to return them.

I talked about picking out our crib and artwork in a previous post, and I’m really happy with how it all turned out.  We are crossing our fingers and hoping to be able to have several more kids, so hopefully this can all be used for many years to come.  I tend to prefer gender-neutral colors anyways!

One of the very last things we did in here was decide where to hang our wall art.  Even though the chance of something falling off the walls is so slim, I was really nervous about hanging something directly above the crib.  Casey came up with a great solution, and used L-brackets to literally bolt the pieces to the walls.  Now they aren’t going anywhere!

We ordered the glider way back in July and it finally came in a few weeks ago.  Now that I have a place to sit in the nursery, I have been reading in there on the weekends and enjoying how peaceful it is (for now!).

Our nursery is pretty small and has limited wall space, so in order to maximize what we have, we decided to open up what used to be a double-door closet.  Inside, we have our second dresser (for storing diapers, blankets, etc.) with a changing table on top.  There are storage bins up top so that I can stay relatively organized, and I repurposed some old green curtains I already had to hang down the sides.

On either side of the dresser/changer, I have some extra (messy) storage hiding behind the curtain panels for hanging clothes, extra diapers, a laundry basket, etc..  For a small, sort of awkward room, I’m pretty happy with how we were able to make the space work to be efficient and useful.

View from the back of the room, which shows off my favorite feature – our awesome wall decal!

And from the other side of the room, you can see the doorway that leads into the nursery bathroom…

I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do in the bathroom at first, but when I saw this shower curtain on sale at Target, I knew it was perfect.  A little girly perhaps, but I think he will forgive me.  I love how the trees look almost identical to the ones in the nursery wall art!  (The paper flowers on the windowsill are from our wedding!)

Inside the tub, we have an adorable whale bathtub for shower time until he is big enough to use the real thing.  My sister gave this to me, and asked me to be sure to let him know that she lived in the nursery before he did.  :)

Whale spout cover, so that he doesn’t bang his head on it once he is learning to stand and splash and play.  Safety first!

And that’s our nursery!  While I know all a baby really needs in the beginning is food, sleep, and a whole lot of love, we have had so much fun putting this room together and dreaming of rocking him to sleep, changing his little diapers, and singing to him.  And when he is older, he’ll enjoy looking in his mirror, picking out bedtime stories, and splashing in his bathtub.

Now we just need to him to come enjoy his new space!

For more pregnancy posts and weekly updates, please visit mypregnancy page.

Dan Helfgott     at 12:02 pm

Emily, the effort you’ve put into the nursery (super cute), keeping healthy during pregnancy (very impressive), and still posting great recipes (yummo!!) is unbelievable. I hope my fiancee and I are able to do half of what you’ve accomplished. Best wishes!

Awww thanks Dan!! :)

Dee Reply:

I totally agree!

Carly Reply:

I agree as well! You are amazing Emily! You are going to be an incredible Mom! :)

Kamaile     at 12:02 pm

So cute and cozy!

ashley     at 12:04 pm

Super cute! All of it! you guys did a great job. I love how you really made the most of the space with the closet and even adding the spice racks for book shelves. That was a great idea that Casey had for the artwork! Definitely going to remember that one! I LOVE the shower curtain!!!

THANK you! :)

Ali Reply:

I have that shower curtain! :) It seriously makes me happy every single time I look at it…and I’m a lot closer to age 30 than to birth. Haha.

Kathi Reply:

We have that shower curtain too, for teenage and older boys! It makes me smile every time I see it too. So whimsical and fun.

Christine @ BookishlyB     at 12:07 pm

You’re making me want a baby! Very cute.

Shanna, Like Banana     at 12:10 pm

Your nursery turned out so cute. Love the soft colors and espeically the personalized photos — great, great idea!

We’re going on a major nursery decoration push next month since I’m now in my 3rd tri. Meep!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers     at 12:11 pm

It looks great Emily! I love the almost-matching trees in the nursery & bathroom! Your little boy is going to just love growing up in there. :)

Catherine     at 12:12 pm

What a wonderful peaceful space you have for your little guy! I can’t wait until we all “meet” him – every time I see a new tweet from you, I have to stop myself from thinking, “She’s announcing she’s in labor!”

What do you think of the glider now that you have it and have tested it? (I know you researched a lot!)

I love it! It’s the basic Dutalier from BabiesRUs. We got custom fabric and wood (which doesn’t cost anything extra, just takes longer to arrive) and it all looks really nice. Very comfortable, and I’m really glad we got one that reclines.

kathleen @ the daily crumb     at 12:12 pm

so cute, emily! i love how bright the room is! what a lucky baby boy that will be joining you so very soon :)

Lyn     at 12:12 pm

it is gorgeous!

Haley S     at 12:13 pm

I LOVE the nursery!!!!! You guys did a fantastic job. Can’t wait to meet Baby C when he decides to make his appearance :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 12:13 pm

The nursery turned out so well! I had no idea there was a bathroom in that room until this post. That will make clean up and bath time nice and easy :)
I love every bit of the room, it looks super cozy and I think I’d be spending my time in there too waiting for the little guy to arrive!

The only reason I’m even willing to try cloth diapers is because there is a bathroom so close by, haha. :)

Emilia     at 12:13 pm

I have been tracking your nursery progress from the beginining, each piece of furniture, each decision and now I can’t believe is ready and just waiting for your baby to come home.

You guys did an awesome job! And also gave me a lot of ideas for the nursery I am putting together.

Best Wishes and please keep on Blogging, it makes my day :)!

Of course! Thanks!

Felicia (Natural + Balanced)     at 12:14 pm

oh my gosh, this is perfect and so beautiful emily! i love it. i’m so excited for you and baby C’s arrival :)

sarah (sarah learns)     at 12:14 pm

you guys did such a good job decorating! the nursery is ADORABLE. good work!

Suzanne     at 12:16 pm

“Several” kids? Sounds overwhelming to me but power to you! I’m definitely not ready for kids yet, but I leave reading your and all the other pregnant bloggers’ pregnancy posts. The whole process is so exciting, and I can’t wait to go through it myself one day. I’m happy to live vicariously through all of you until it’s my time!

We’ll see! That’s the hope, but we’ll see how it goes. :)

Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife     at 12:17 pm

It looks amazing! I love that yellow light that the curtains bring to the room, it makes it look so cozy! You can tell how much thought and effort you both put into the room, and I’m sure you’ll make many wonderful memories in there.

Devon     at 12:20 pm

Your nursery turned out wonderfully, Emily! I love the gender-neutral colors. It reminds me a lot of the nursery of a baby boy I used to nanny for. There’s nothing sweeter than tip-toeing in to watch a sweet baby sleep! So excited for the arrival of your little guy.

Thanks! Me too! :)

Gwen     at 12:20 pm

It’s beautiful Emily! Baby C is going to be spoiled with love and comfort in his new home, just as babies should be! xo

Kelly     at 12:21 pm

Looks adorable!! I love how non-matchy matchy it is, yet it all fits together perfectly! Nice job :) I hope to finish our nursery soon!

Thank you!

Whitney     at 12:21 pm

You did so well! You should be proud of how it turned out because it looks very good!! :)

Giulia @ Tutupa's Lab     at 12:21 pm

the nursery is incredibly nice, I love it! i hope I’ll be able to make one like that one day :)

Dorsa     at 12:22 pm

What an adorable room :) I love it!

can’t wait to see baby!

Nicole     at 12:22 pm

So cute!

Are those picture frames from IKEA? I’ve been trying to hunt down light wood frames, but no one carries them! I saw some on the IKEA site, but they wont’ ship them and the closest store is Cincy (I’m in Columbus).

I can’t wait to decorate a baby room- hopefully next year! And if we’re still in this condo, I’ll be decorating a closet, LOL.

They are actually from Land of Nod. They were only $20 each though, and I scored them at 30% off during a weekend sale. Ikea frames have weird measurements, which always throws me off for some reason.

Leah     at 12:23 pm

So relaxing just to look at your photos. Well done!

Lisa     at 12:29 pm

I LOVE how the nursery came out!! And I’m jealous–Caroline’s is still a work in progress and she’ll be 7 weeks tomorrow!

That’s why I wanted it DONE! I knew it was never gonna happen if I waited for him to get here.

Lisa Reply:

So true! But, we are making progress! As soon as I the wood shop opens again Jeromy can build the shelves and I hang some art, we’ll be done :-)

Cheryl     at 12:32 pm

Love the nursery! And maybe its because I’m female but I think the shower curtain is super cute and not gender-specific at all :)

Jennifer (The Gourmetour)     at 12:34 pm

You did SUCH a wonderful job. I have never seen a nursery that I absolutely love, and you’ve finally done it for me!

Also, weirdly enough seeing that baby bath in the tub made me realize how real having a baby is? I don’t even know you personally and I was like “wow she’s about to have a baby”

So funny (and weird?)

Thanks for sharing!

Aww THANKS! And no not weird. Trust me, I think that every day.

Katie @ Serenity in the Storm     at 12:35 pm

Totally adorable. What a lovely space! Nice work! I’m sure it will be a lovely spot for you all to hang out.

Erin     at 12:39 pm

Such a sweet room!

If you want to make the curtain blackout you can buy blackout material at any fabric store and put it behind the drapes you have.

Love the L-bracket idea. I was too worried about pictures falling, especially once they can stand in the crib.

We have the same infant tub and love it! Perfect for baby and really grows with them. We also had the whale spout cover. I recommend removing it until you actually need it and even then removing it to dry fully after every bath. Ours got super moldy and gross underneath after only a few months.

Oh wow, great tips on both the blackout curtains and the spout cover (GROSS!). Thank you!!

Elisabeth     at 12:39 pm

I love how the nursery turned out! I love the earthy feel to it, with animals, trees, etc. and love that it will easily transition to a child’s room (or a nursery for more babies!) :)

Deva @ Deva by Definition     at 12:43 pm

I love the nursery, it is so homey and inviting! The shower curtain doesn’t say “girly” to me at all! I think it’s perfect for a teeny one’s bathroom!

Amanda @ Cucina Amanda     at 12:47 pm

Such a cute nursery! You guys really made it look amazing! Baby C is going to love it!!

Paige     at 12:48 pm

That is such an adorable nursery and really the best use of the space. Good job!

Tay     at 12:56 pm

I love the color theme, very soothing and peaceful. And the wall decorations/pictures- how cute they are. :)

This is unrelated to the nursery, but where did you find a mattress cover big enough to fit both the mattress and box spring (referring to your sister’s airbed in the first photo)? Thanks in advance!

It’s actually just a queen sized fitted sheet!

Kath     at 12:59 pm

Fun!!!

Jaclyn @thejaxoflife     at 1:04 pm

this is absolutely precious. i love every detail- especially the picture of daddy holding the ultra sound pictures! GREAT job!

I love that picture too. :) Thank you!

Julie (A Case of the Runs) Reply:

I also love that picture!!!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) Reply:

Me too! I wish my parents had taken more photos like this when they were having me 24 years ago, haha. I guess its a LOT easier now with digital! :)

Laura @ prettylittlewords     at 1:05 pm

This is SO sweet…looks like you guys are ready as can be. Congratulations and good luck on the amazing journey ahead of you!

Maryann     at 1:15 pm

Love how it came totally together. The tree is my favorite. I remember you and your sister putting it together. Keep all your memories.
You are so ready now come on baby C so we can see ya.
Blessings Lancaster CO PA Gal

maria @ a life to bragg about     at 1:26 pm

I already tweeted to you earlier when I saw your babble link but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the nursery so much! It’s perfect and it’s amazing how you pulled it together with a rental. And I have that same whale tub and spout cover, they’re adorable :D

We lucked out since it’s a rental that I already liked the wall cover. And the decal should be easy to take down (sniff).

Heather @ Get healthy with heather     at 1:26 pm

Your nursery turned out adorable! I love the wall decor… I bet he will too!

Lu     at 1:27 pm

I love the way it turned out. Everything is so pretty and comforting. The picture of Casey holding the ultrasound is precious. I love that it’s in the room. Hope he arrives soon, and safely, to enjoy it with you both! And the pups, too.

Gina (Yogattude)     at 1:27 pm

Aw, I love how the nursery came together…so cozy! I’m so excited for Baby C’s arrival…just a couple more weeks…hopefully;)

Jackie @ That Deep Breath     at 1:28 pm

The nursery is absolutely beautiful!! Great job!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga     at 1:30 pm

Congrats on setting up a beautiful nursery and you’re sooooo close to meeting your lil man!

Heather @ girlyeverafter     at 1:30 pm

Your baby is so lucky to have such loving parents(and dog brothers;). The detail in everything is so sweet and I always beleive that love is in the details.

Meghan @ CarmanClan     at 1:31 pm

I love your nursery and how calming it is! I actually bought that shower curtain, and am making it into curtains for our little boys nursery. Love the idea of the mini bookshelves too, I would have never thought of those before.

Angela     at 1:31 pm

Such a lovely room. Will you come decorate my house? :)

Haha NO! I am done. :)

Brooke @ Veggie Table     at 1:37 pm

Emily! I absolutely love the nursery! I can tell you guys have put a lot of thought, time, and love into creating the precious space!

colleen     at 1:42 pm

The nursery looks great. Only a few more weeks to go.

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat     at 1:51 pm

Absolutely adorable and perfect! I prefer gender neutral stuff too. We aren’t even pregnant yet and before we moved into our new house, I decided to paint our 2nd bedroom the color “mojito” which is very neutral :)

Mojito – I love it!

Nine     at 1:51 pm

Love the woodland theme! I would really reccommend making the curtains darker though (by getting some blackout fabric as suggested, or hanging blinds behind them maybe?). I found my little girl started sleeping SO much better, and waking up later in the morning when I made her curtains more light proof. And since I sewed my own, it was a big hassle trying to do it quickly in between naps, so I wish I had done it from the beginning!

Angela (Oh She Glows)     at 1:59 pm

There is SO much love beaming from this room. It’s really a labour of love. :) What a lucky baby!

Julie S.     at 2:04 pm

LOVE it! You are so creative! I also love the gender neutral colors. I think your concern about the pic over the crib was totally valid, & Casey came up w/ a great solution. Depending how full (& therefore heavy) you have the dresser, you might want to consider anchoring it to the wall also. Those book shelves will most likely be used to pull himself up with. I don’t think the bathroom looks girly at all. It looks great next to the room. You guys did an awesome job!

Mai     at 2:14 pm

Ohmygoodness. Everything looks SO adorable. I love it. You guys did such an amazing job!

Tanya @ Vegan Faith     at 2:15 pm

Emily it is so beautiful! You did a wonderful job decorating!

janetha     at 2:17 pm

I especially love that you have framed photos of the pups. That makes me smile. xo

Um of COURSE! I restrained myself and only included one…for now. I also just booked newborn photos with a photographer, and made sure to let her know that if possible I wanted to try to get a “family shot” that included the dogs. :)

LoriV. @ For the Run of It     at 2:21 pm

Hi Emily, I would never ever try and darken the room for naptime anyway. You want the baby to be able to sleep anywhere, anytime, in any light. Same is true for noise, don’t keep the noise down during naps ever. You want him to sleep through anything, anywhere, anytime, in any light. There’s my unsolicited advice for the day. :-) Your nursery is stinkin’ cute!

That’s a good point. Definitely something to consider! I guess we’ll need to see what kind of sleeper we have. :)

Katy @ KatyRunner     at 2:24 pm

Oh it’s beautiful!! You’ve done such a great job, I’m sure he will feel loved and welcomed straight away!

Shari     at 2:30 pm

Oh, I just LOVE it! It’s been such fun following along with you on this journey, and this post seems to encapsulate it all so well. I’m beyond excited for you and Casey :)

P.S. Love that you included a framed photo of the dogs on the wall, too. So cute!

Of course!

Kris     at 2:30 pm

So beautiful! You’re going to have a happy baby in that lovely nursery. One thing I noticed is the very pretty rug in front of the changing table. Just a little caution that may be a tripping hazard when you have a fussy little one needing a diaper change in your arms. LOL — can you tell I’m cautious?

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie     at 2:31 pm

This is one of the cutest nurseries I have ever seen!! I love the use of colors and that tree is amazing! I’ve always envisioned a Winnie the Pooh themed nursery for when I have kids someday, and there is a lot of that vision that overlaps with this! I’m so excited for Baby C to get here for you to get to enjoy the nursery with him!!

Thank you so much!

Lisa     at 2:41 pm

wow – this all looks so amazing!!! Great job!

Katie | @wholelivingimprint.tumblr.com     at 3:05 pm

So cute!!! I love all the colors. It is so bright and cheery! I am so excited for you and Casey!

Lolly     at 3:08 pm

It’s so serene and organic looking, I love everything about it. Little things will need to change as your baby grows into a toddler, like the closest drapes hung on what looks like tension rods (unless Casey bolted them in too LOL) because he will pull himself up on them and down they will come. But for now, they look great. May I recommend some cheap but effective roller blinds behind those supposedly “black out” curtains that are obviously not blacking out anything. Roller blinds are inexpensive and practical and roll out of sight. You are going to need to block out more light than that eventually. For now, he will sleep willingly, but in a few months, he will resist sleep with all his Malone might! He’d rather play and have you entertain him, trust me!

Haha when we were hanging the curtains I said the same thing – we’ll need a new solution when he starts pulling himself up on everything! I think some sort of black out solution is definitely necessary – that room gets so much light!

Dee     at 3:18 pm

Your nursery is simply beautiful! Love it.

Katie KS     at 3:28 pm

Do you have a bassinet in your room for first few weeks? It’s a lifesaver, let me tell you! Matthew hasn’t slept in his crib yet! We’ll probably transition at 6 weeks or so. I miss sleep …

We are actually going to attempt to start in the nursery from day one. I’m planning on writing about it, since I know that’s not the typical way people do it. We’ll see how it goes! If needed, we have a pack n play.

Katie KS Reply:

I’ll be interested to read it! Our pack n play is in the kitchen/family room so we can change him on the first floor – and put him down! It’s funny even tho he’s in our room I feed and change him in his room. It’s more for the times he struggles to sleep we take turns giving him the paci, rocking, burping, pacing etc. I hope he’s like his sister and sleeps longer stretches – at night – soon!

Sarah     at 3:45 pm

Baby’s room looks FABULOUS, Emily! You did a great job putting it together:-).

Jessica     at 3:49 pm

Super cute! We started in the nursery since day 1 with 3 kids and it worked well. We had a baby monitor and everyone slept well. I didnt wake up from every little baby noise, and vice versa. Ditto to needing to blackout those curtains. Do you guys have a swing? Are you short enough to stand under the shelf in the closet to stand at the end of the changing table to change a diaper? I find changing a diaper at a 90 degree angle to baby to be painful on the back and difficult.
Super cute!

We are planning on starting in the nursery from day one too, so that is great to hear! I think it will help ALL of us sleep better. We do have a swing – it’s downstairs in the living room. And I have only ever changed diapers (I nannied for a year) standing next to the table, hmmm. I never thought about standing at the end! But nope, definitely not short enough, haha.

Army Amy*     at 3:50 pm

The nursery is gorgeous! I love the tree decal!*

STUFT Mama     at 3:58 pm

Emily- the nursery is gorgeous! Every time I read your posts I get more and more excited for you! :) You may love that glider now, but just wait when you’re in there in the middle of the night. You might not love it as much! ha! Just kidding (well, kind of).

Kate     at 4:04 pm

You are both amazing and talented! Perhaps another side job could be designing nurseries for people! You look so beautiful and happy. This is going to be one loved child…which is the way it should be!

Haha you are nice! One was plenty for me. :) I don’t think I’m very good at decorating, so I just try to copy what I see other people do. :)

Laura @ Backstage Pass     at 4:18 pm

What a lovely nursery, Emily. Everything looks wonderful and I love that each area has your own personal touch, from the framed family photos to the flowers from your wedding in the window. Kudos to you for arranging such a great room for your son!

gina (fitnessista)     at 4:19 pm

i love your belly- you look fantastic and the nursery is absolutely perfect. i can’t believe he’ll be here so soon!!!

Aimee     at 4:32 pm

Just a couple quick thoughts on the changing table set up– you will have to see how it goes for you, but I find changing babies easiest if they’re laying in front of me, so standing at 90 degrees might get tricky. Another thought, safety wise, is that you might want to transition out of the closet with the changing station when Baby C starts getting more squirmy because babies can get away from us so fast and I would hate for him to roll off the table and get stuck in the closet where you can’t reach him between the dresser and the inside closet walls!

Someone else said that too about the 90 degree angle! I worked as a nanny for a year and I always stood next to the table like that – weird. I never even though to do it another way. As far as the table itself goes, it’s actually bracketed to the wall in the back, so no space to roll off!

Katie Bucco     at 4:36 pm

Emily,
I love love love your nursery! I especially like your dresser/bookshelf idea, so clever:) You did a wonderful job.
p.s. Aaron and I have bets on when you will deliver…He says you will be one week late and I say one week early:)

THANKS, friend! I am hoping you are right and Aaron is wrong. :) Hoping life as a mama is going well!!

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 4:48 pm

I second what Dan said up top, such a beautiful nursery and I love all the personal touches, especially all the wall art, it’s adorable! And you’re looking absolutely wonderful…you’re seriously the cutest pregnant woman ever!!! I hope to look half as good as you when it’s my turn ;)

M     at 5:13 pm

Gorgeous!!!

Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart     at 5:28 pm

I know I have said this before but I love your nursery! I might have to hire you to design our baby’s room..when the time comes :)

Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness     at 6:01 pm

OMG Emily – I cannot get over how ADORABLE you look!!! I cannot wait for the baby to arrive (not as much as you I bet)!!! :)

The nursery looks WONDERFUL!! :) Way to go!! Hard work pays off! I only hope that my nursery (although I am not close to having a child any time soon) is as beautiful as yours!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 6:13 pm

LOVE the finished product!!

Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection     at 6:16 pm

You two did such an amazing job utilizing all of the space and the whole nursery is just so cute!!

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed)     at 6:19 pm

Emily – your nursery looks absolutely adorable. I am in love with the wall decal and every other detail. You did a great job. Can’t wait to see your little one in there.

Sara @ RunnerWife     at 6:19 pm

I can’t believe how close you are!! You did a GREAT job on the nursery! I LOVE it!

Megan     at 6:24 pm

My goodness – that is the CUTEST nursery. I just love the feel. It’s making my biological clock go tick tock! :)

Mollie     at 6:43 pm

hey…not sure what kind of window frame you have, but i bought blackout roller shades at target for seriously a couple bucks. it doesn’t look like they have them online, but they have a sticky top so you can quite literally stick them to the inside of the window frame. i believe they are considered temporary, but they worked for the entire time i was in my apt and i didn’t have to worry about putting holes in the window frame since i was renting…and they worked amazingly!

Chase     at 6:48 pm

Okaaaayyy C!! We’re ready for youuu!! Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!

Alexa @ SimpleEats     at 7:32 pm

Seriously adorable. I’m still in love with that dresser you spotted in Seattle and picked up. It’s so whimsical. Great job!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run]     at 7:35 pm

It’s beautiful! I especially love the bathroom.

Emily     at 7:37 pm

super cute! the little rug in front of the changer will be money when your little guy is spraying everything haha we have one like that and I just throw it in the wash when it gets dirty…if only he had good enough aim to ONLY hit the rug…we’ll have to work on that ;)

Karolina     at 7:47 pm

You really have done an absolutely fantastic job decorating this nursery! It’s beautiful:)

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 7:49 pm

GAH! Too adorable! I’m in love with it.

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats     at 8:03 pm

The nursery looks amazing! :)

Mahealani @ Pu`uhonua     at 8:09 pm

Your nursery is beautiful! Not too overdone and sooooo cozy. I love how you secured the pictures over the crib! I have a huge/heavy chinese crane mural, framed with glass, above our bed and I have to admit that sometimes I worry about it crashing down on our heads if the back wire snaps. And in earthquakey Los Angeles, this is a great solution. I am also addicted to anything leafy so that tree is totally going in my kid’s room one day!

Halley     at 9:24 pm

This looks amazing! I love it all.

mi-an d.     at 10:19 pm

hey emily, i always feel a sense of calmness every time i read your blog. and i see your little man’s nursery and i just get the calmness looking at it. it’s soo perfect. i appreciate you sharing everything with us!

Thank you so much! :)

jennifer @ peanut butterand peppers     at 6:17 am

Ahhhh, I must be emotional today because your nursery brought happy tears to my eyes. It’s just beautful.

Meg     at 6:19 am

Emily, this is precious, precious, precious, and I couldn’t help but smile the whole time I read your post and looked at your pictures. Baby Malone is so blessed to have you and Casey as his parents. May Jesus richly bless you as you take on the new and exciting adventure of parenting!

Tanya     at 7:49 am

Aaaaa, so cute! My fave parts are the family photos and the whale spout cover. Great job!

Marci     at 8:03 am

I love the frame idea with the wrapping paper, and the bookshelves to the side of the dresser. Y’all are so crafty! I need to get thinking about decorations, but we are trying to move houses so can’t start yet! And funny comments about including the dogs in pictures. Duh, they are your first children!

Katy @ MonsterProof     at 8:08 am

It looks incredible! Love the spice/book racks on the dresser. What a neat idea!

Kora     at 8:51 am

Wow, I love your nursery. It combines a lot of cute things with a kind of “adult”, comfortable beauty that allows both the parents and the baby to enjoy the environment. It’s wonderful.

Amber K     at 9:22 am

Wow, thank you so much for showing us! It’s absolutely beautiful. I remember you mentioning each piece as you got them, but they all really go together nicely. I hope that I can create something just as beautiful if I have my own one day.

Sarah K.     at 9:26 am

Awww, the nursery looks amazing!

Aimee     at 9:35 am

Filled with love. Nice job!

Cat     at 10:26 am

Your nursery is GORGEOUS!! You mentioned returning the yellow curtains, but I love that it make the room very subtly bright. It’s so very peaceful looking!!
FANTASTIC JOB!!! It’s absolutely perfect!!

Joanna Bodie     at 10:48 am

I just begun following you! You look amazing! Pregnancy suits you.. Your recipes look fantastic…cannot wait to try some!Are you still running?

Candy @ Healthy In Candy Land     at 10:50 am

The nursery is absolutely adorable! It looks like something from a magazine. I love that you put the photos of you guys and the dogs in there.

Danielle     at 11:51 am

So cute! I love how you’re using the closet space.

Marie@feedingfive     at 1:19 pm

To be honest when I saw those sweet pics above the crib I thought ‘I can see baby boy grabbing and pulling those down’. Then when I saw the L brackets I realized you two have thought of everything and really don’t need advice from any of us. So truly excited for you.

Lindsay @ Schnoodle Soup     at 2:39 pm

Beautiful! Love the photos of you, Casey and the pups! Adorable.

tammy     at 6:16 pm

Not sure how I found your blog, but I like it. Lovely nursery. Congrats!

Brittany     at 6:33 pm

I have been reading different food/weight loss journey/etc.etc..blogs for the longest time and one of them is yours! Also for the longest time I thought I could not reply because I didnt have a blog myself or something else special. I was pleasantly surprised to discover today that I could reply without anything fancy. (I am, however, considering my own blog :) Anyway, I just think you are the cutest! I am not exactly vegetarian but I love vegetarian recipes and many of yours have appealed to me :)I think it is awesome that you followed your dreams in life. I am very much at a crossroad with my life at this point. I am happily married to the love of my life and the proud mama of a cat named Mogli but I am now considering being honest with myself about “what I want to be when I grow up” and also wanting to makeover my health! It is so awesome that you have a husband who supports all your endeavors. I feel very Blessed to have a husband who supports me. We sometimes compare ourselves to “Dharma and Greg” (that one sitcom that came on way back when). I am very much the artsy fartsy quirky one and my husband is a teacher lol. Anyway, you have an awesome blog and I just wanted to tell you this!! :)

Hi Brittany – so glad you finally commented – you definitely don’t need a blog of your own! :) I am so glad you’ve enjoyed it – thanks so much for reading!

Brittany Reply:

Thank you for replying! And silly me, I forgot to mention congratulations!!!! on your upcoming bundle of joy and the nursery is adorable!! I am huge fan of trees-love the wall decal!

Alexis @ hummusapien     at 6:34 pm

you must be quite a busy mama to be! the nursery looks great! what a lucky baby :)

Danielle     at 6:42 pm

We have that same shower curtain in our guest bath-turned baby bathroom :) it’s sort of become an inspiration for the nursery! Love how the room came together- great job!

Emily @ Life on Food     at 4:33 am

That little whale cover is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I love your nursery. I hope everything is as functional as it looks once he arrives.

Sarah     at 8:18 am

The baby’s nursery is beeeeeautiful! I love the tree. It looks like such a great space to spend time with your little guy.

Nicole     at 8:23 am

So cute and well put together! You’ve though of everything! Lucky little guy!

Suzanne     at 9:52 am

Your belly is so cute! Can’t wait to see pics of the little guy and hope the labor goes smoothly for you. I have a similar closet and was wondering where you got those cute green cloth storage bins on the top shelf of your closet?? I would love to find some for my closet!

They are (or were) on sale at Land of Nod – I think they were like $8? So useful!

Christie     at 6:45 am

The tree wall decal is so stinkin’ cute- I am in love with it =)

Gabrielle     at 11:05 am

Gah, Emily, I LOVE this nursery! You are so prepared, and it’s so perfect. I can’t wait to see the pictures of you and Casey in there with baby C and the pooches. The whole fam! :)

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Project Nursery: Here We Go!     at 7:09 am

[...] color selection goes, we are just reusing Cullen’s nursery “theme” and bedding (you can see his first nursery here!) and carrying it into this new space.  So I used his bedding quilt as inspiration to pick out [...]