Week 34: My Pregnancy Journey.

The melons are back!  Is it just me or are these fruit and veggie comparisons all over the place?  Some weeks they are based on length, sometimes on weight, and some on size.  This week, I believe we are back to weight – 5.5 pounds to be exact.  Otherwise known as a honeydew!

At my midwife appointment last week, I shared my fear that I have a giant oversized baby because my stomach seems to be much bigger than the other girls in my group (all due within a week or two of each other).  The midwife did a lot of belly feeling and said that she could estimate that (as of last Wednesday) he weighed between 5 and 5.5 pounds – right on track.  My belly however, is still measuring a week ahead.

How I’m Feeling

The main issue right now is SLEEP.  I am well aware that sleep will be at a premium once he makes his arrival, so I’d really like to avoid starting off mommy-hood as a sleep deprived zombie.

The problem is that I’m having major pregnancy-induced congestion and sinus trouble.  Pleasant, I know.  I’m sorry.  Because of this, when I sleep I end up having to sleep with my mouth hanging wide open.  It is insanely attractive, I assure you.  Since I can only breathe through my mouth, after about 30 minutes of sleep, I wake up completely dehydrated and scrambling for the trusty water bottle I keep on my bedside table.  I then chug said water bottle and go back to sleep.  Thirty minutes later I wake up now needing to pee.

See the cycle?  Can’t breathe.  Mouth open.  Throat as dry as the desert.  Chug water.  Head to bathroom.  Go back to sleep.  Can’t breathe…

It goes on all.night.long.  Eventually by around 4:30 or so I think I get so exhausted that I just pass out and allow myself to sleep through the dehydration.  So needless to say, sleep is minimal and very interrupted.  Beyond that, there are a few other symptoms that have me feeling like this third trimester is very reminiscent of the first one!

But honestly, at this point if lack of sleep is my biggest complaint, I think I’m pretty lucky.  Other than feeling tired, I still feel great otherwise!

Getting Ready for Baby

Last week I went on a technology registering spree.  I had written a Babble post asking other moms and pregnant women about the most creative baby gifts they have received.  Someone replied back that they had been given their baby’s domain name and email address as a gift and I immediately thought it was so clever and creative.

Now being the nerd that I am, I was already all over the domain.  We purchased that long ago when we first decided on name.  When he is grown and famous, he will thank me for preserving his spot in cyberspace.  (I am kidding.)

I’m not sure what I’ll actually do with the domain name yet.  Most likely start a photo and update site just for friends and family, to keep people posted from far away.  But beyond the URL, I took it a step further.

I registered his Gmail address…  And his Twitter handle…  And yes, you can believe that my husband laughed at me and told me that email and Twitter will not exist by the time Baby C is old enough to use any of it.  But I’m a nerd, and I thought it was fun, and I don’t care.  :)

I mentioned it on Twitter, and was then sent about 10 links to this Google video…

Which I watched while sobbing hysterically and blubbering on and on to Casey about how “we are really going to have a baaaaaaaaaaaaaby.”

My favorite part is, “You wanted to name him Salt.”  :)

Pregnancy has made me a total whacko.

Beyond his virtual profile, I haven’t bought anything new since we checked off all our big items a few weeks ago.  I have, however, been browsing newborn Halloween costumes, assuming he arrives in time (and he better).  Seriously, check out how cute some of these are!

I’ve had a lot of you ask how Casey is feeling about all this baby stuff, and how he’s doing getting ready to be a new dad!  Other than totally hating me for making him pose with a random melon, I think he’s very excited.

He was even more excited this weekend when instead of asking him to assemble our baby swing, I decided I was perfectly capable of doing it myself.  One hour and 400 pieces later, it is assembled and will hopefully not collapse and kill my first born.

More nursery progress bit by bit, and I should have a final update to share with you guys in the next week or two!  Crossing my fingers for a few finishing touches to arrive.

I spent some time in the nursery this weekend organizing drawers, moving things around, and just generally trying to get things in order.  The cloth diaper drawer is ready to go.  Now I just need to figure out how to use them…

And until we are ready for that, there will be disposables as we adjust to life with a teeny tiny newborn.  Pretty sure I will need a LOT more than this.

As I was organizing diaper drawers, I asked Casey if he had actually ever changed a diaper.  Since he didn’t think he had, we did some practicing.

I think we’re in good shape!

Odds and Ends

• Total weight gained:  23 pounds
  • Gestational age today: 34 weeks and 5 days
  • Miles walked per week:  15 (average)
  • Episodes of House Hunters watched:  infinite
  • Baby sheets or clothing washed:  zero
  • Friends on baby-watch:  2 – Sabrina and Brittany!
  • Days until due date:  37

For previous weekly updates or other pregnancy-related posts, check out my pregnancy page

Kate (What Kate is Cooking)     at 12:41 pm

Ahhh, that video is so cute!! It’s crazy to think what kind of technology kids nowadays grow up with.

Alyssa     at 12:42 pm

You should try sleeping with a Breathe Right strip. They helped me a ton with nasal congestion at night.

Lauren Reply:

I agree, I’m using them now and they help SO much.

amy     at 12:43 pm

You look fantastic!

Have you tried sleeping sitting up? I had to when my allergies hit hardcore a couple years ago and although a tad uncomfortable, I didn’t get congested and slept through the night. just try and prop yourself up with a ton of pillows =)

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.)     at 12:48 pm

I love the sheep you put a diaper on! Hahaha so cute!!

I hope the sleeping situation improves!

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 12:49 pm

i totally recommend breathe right strips too! they are amaaazing!

p.s. i love that you already have baby’s gmail! hilarious! a couple i know made a facebook profile for their daughter…she’s 6 months now. :)

Kaitlin     at 12:50 pm

holy cow! For some reason this week your belly seems so big! I’m sure you feel that way too :) you look great though, of course!

I would totally register my future baby’s name all over the web! The web will probably exist in 10-20 years, we’ll just all be beaming tweets to each other through our brains!

So excited for you!

I agree! :) Every day I say there is no way I can get bigger.

eep     at 12:50 pm

I suffered from terrible pregnancy rhinitis, and no one takes it seriously! It can absolutely impact your quality of life, even if it is just a stuffy nose. Here’s what worked for me: a saline rinse with a neti pot or saline nasal spray right before bed to shrink the tissues, and a Breathe Right strip. Didn’t totally solve the problem, but it helped.

Thank you! And YES, it is definitely for REAL! So uncomfortable and has lasted for months and months. I will try the nasal spray before bed. Those neti pots gross me out, even though I know they are effective.

Sarah @ w30 Reply:

I know the neti pot seems gross at first, but you won’t believe how good you feel afterward! I really thought it would feel like getting water up your nose at the pool, but it doesn’t at all. Just don’t look at yourself in the mirror, or let Casey see you, because you may start laughing and *then* you have a problem! Not like anything like that has ever happened to me…

jen Reply:

I have hey fever neti pot is awesome, I was a little weirded out at 1st but as long as you don’t breath in the water won’t go up your nose. trust me try it and you will be hooked. I have not been pregnant but hear it the hormones that cause the nasal issues.

Christina Reply:

When I read this post that’s what I was going to say- Neti Pot! So unpleasant to do and I blow my nose so much afterwards- but I can breathe!

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey     at 12:50 pm

You look more beautiful every week, Emily!
I can’t believe you are as far along as you are – and the little guy will be here sooooon. :)

And I pegged the melon sizing a long time ago, when he was a wee little fruit! hee, hee.

~

Thank you so much!

Colleen C     at 12:51 pm

As a new mom – 3 weeks old today! – the one advice I’ll give – since I know very little else – do NOT wash all the clothes!! Especially the newborn sizes. My little man was not so little and all the cute “NB” sizes, welp a big waste because he never fit in them. Also there is a very big difference from 0-3 month size and 3 month size … I suggest getting some 0-3 sizes if you don’t have too many. Good luck. I love watching your belly grow. Keep on growing!

The clothing stuff still totally confuses me. Some things say 3-6 months, some just say 6 months, and I have no idea what any of it means. I think we have a good range of all of it? (I hope.) Most of what we have was either purchased so long ago or was given as gifts, so I’m afraid even if its useless I won’t be able to return it at this point. Maybe I can still dig out some old receipts…

Megan Reply:

consignment shops are good for things you never end up using. you can just take in a stack of too small, and turn around and use the credit to get things that are just right :) there are lots of wonderful baby/kids consignment shops in PDX- probably Seattle too.

eep     at 12:51 pm

Oh, and you look beautiful! Almost makes me miss my baby belly. However, former inhabitants are demanding snacks as a type, so off I go!

Former inhabitants, hahaa! :)

katie     at 12:52 pm

Aww, there’s our lil lamby! I love him.

We love him too! Huey is NOT a fan of Sophie though. Terrified of the squeaker. TERRIFIED.

katie Reply:

I have heard from EVERY mother I know that that Sophie thing is amazing. I just think it’s suuuper cute. Huey will just have to get used to that bad boy.

Angela     at 12:55 pm

I cry at that Google ad every time it comes on TV. I dread to think what sort of an emotional mess I will be if I ever get pregnant!

Katie @ Serenity in the Storm     at 12:56 pm

I may have missed this in an earlier post, but how did you decide on/ choose cloth diapers?

And the lamb practice diapering is so cute; made me laugh.

Katie @ Serenity in the Storm Reply:

to clarify, i meant how did you decide WHICH cloth diapers to use…

I actually don’t think I ever wrote about it, so you didn’t miss it! I ended up getting three different kinds. Two that I researched and heard lots of good recommendations for, and one that my sister says is her favorite. I got 6 of each for 18 total. Still have a LOT to learn, and I figure with three different brands, hopefully one or two will be a good fit for our baby!

Katie @ Serenity in the Storm Reply:

Cool, thanks! I’ve had serious baby fever lately and was just curious. You know it’s bad when you’re not even trying to get pregnant and you find yourself researching cloth diapers online. Eek!

anh Reply:

i noticed you had disposable diapers as well. what kind of disposable diapers did you get?

Right now I have the Seventh Generation newborns, which obviously I haven’t used yet, but they seem kind of…flimsy? I was surprised at how thin and fragile they feel. We’ll see how they work! I think we’re planning to try a few different kinds in the first few weeks.

Samantha Reply:

I’m curious to know also which diapers you picked. I feel like I recognize some as bum genius. If so, what are the other two??

Yep, BumGenius, and the others are Charlie Banana and TotsBots. I have heard great things about all three!

Erin (Travel Eat Repeat)     at 1:02 pm

Wow, I don’t even HAVE kids or want them anytime soon and that video gave me chills. Wow.

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 1:03 pm

Such a cute post. I’m so excited for you guys!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers     at 1:04 pm

I think it’s so cool the midwife could feel around and estimate baby size! My biggest fear is having a 20 pound alien baby.

I am still not totally convinced…

Katie KS Reply:

12 hours before I gave birth on my due date, the dr in the office said mid 7′s. He was 8-11! Don’t trust them!! Also couldn’t believe I pushed the kiddo out in 15 minutes! He seems so big!

Melissa T     at 1:07 pm

Yay for cloth diapers! But we did learn that baby will sleep longer if we used disposable diapers for overnight. Every extra hour of sleep is a blessing! :)

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 1:07 pm

I, too, have never changed a diaper. Good thing we’re taking an infant care class

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life     at 1:08 pm

Another awesome baby update post!!! I can’t wait for you to actually post when he has arrived and we get to see the little guy!!!!!

Ashley     at 1:09 pm

I even got teary eyed from that video and I’m not even pregnant! Nice work on the diaper. ;)

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 1:11 pm

Maybe this is a weird compliment, but your belly is so pleasantly round! I see so many pregnant bellies that are pointy like a torpedo, yours is adorable. :)

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 1:13 pm

I wouldn’t know, but I believe staying hydrated is key to preventing pre-term babies, so you’re doing yourself a good thing by drinking up at night. Do you take naps? Maybe that will help? I hate getting up in the middle of the night…………….. not ready for parenthood yet, I guess.

Reading (and chickens)     at 1:14 pm

Ha, my midwife totally lied to me throughout my last pregnancy. “Oh, you look so tiny!” and then out came my 8.5 lb gigantor and I said, “I thought you said he would be small!” and she said, “Uh, yeah, about that…” (I still love them, and it was the right thing to do or I would have been begging for a c-section had I known!)

Carre     at 1:16 pm

ahh that I remember seeing that commercial shortly after my son was born and balling my eyes out! AND I teared up once again watching it! It is crazy how fast they grow…mine will be 1 year old in 1 week.

Oh yes, and I to had the pregnancy congestion ordeal…and the peeing every hour or 2 at night. Not much advice except it helped me to sit propped up a little and to run a humidifier :)

Cassie @ Back to Her Roots     at 1:18 pm

HA. This made me LOL.

RhodeyGirl     at 1:23 pm

I love the diaper practicing! My husband has definitely changed more diapers than I ever have. I’ve changed 2 in my whole life, and never alone!

You are looking radiant as always!

RhodeyGirl     at 1:24 pm

Oh, and Trig registered bambino’s email address! I received my first email from him during a week where he was kicking hard and hurting my ribs. It was too cute.

(PPS- I always leave you two comments on these posts. Random)

Nina     at 1:24 pm

Em,

I’ve been meaning to say this for a while now… honestly, you are such an inspiration! I’m so amazed how beautiful you look, and how you have managed so stay so healthy during your pregnancy. As someone who has struggled with disordered eating habits, I really hope I can get it together by the time I’m ready to have a baby, and emulate your style. Your baby is so well-nurtured by the food choices you’ve made. As a long-time reader, I am so proud of you!

P.S. That google chrome video is insanely cute.

Thank you so much! :)

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions     at 1:27 pm

That stupid video made me cry, and I’m not even close to parenthood. SO adorable.

Madeline @ Food, Fitness & Family     at 1:29 pm

Love your pregnancy posts! My hubs and I keep looking at each other and are like in 5 weeks we are going to be someone’s PARENTS. Strange! It’s hard to believe the little poker inside of me is actually a baby!!

I feel you on the 3rd trimester discomforts … so over not sleeping! Guess we better get used to it.

Meghan     at 1:31 pm

Have you tried the nosestrips? I suffer from sleep apnea, plus pregnancy so I feel your pain. The strips actually help a little, though my husband laughs at me. Love the idea of registering the domain name, as soon as we find out our baby c’s gender this month I will have to do that!

Paige     at 1:34 pm

I think you are an absolutely adorable pregnant lady, so don’t worry about your stomach size in comparison to other people! I had a good LOL at your diapered lamb hahahaha.

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 1:34 pm

omg I love that you practiced putting diapers on! So cute!

Marie@feedingfive     at 1:45 pm

You are absolutely stunning! I can feel your excitement for your little one jumping off the screen. I would never think in a million years to buy a domain name for my child, pretty clever. Technology escapes me for the most part, I am trying to keep up.

Stacey     at 1:46 pm

I agree with the others who suggested a breathe right strip. I am 33 weeks pregnant and have used them for most of my pregnancy at night. They work wonders for me.

Heather @ Get healthy with heather     at 1:47 pm

You look great! It’s funny how you go from long squash to round melon the next week… I thought that butternut looked bigger!

I totally agree!

Jesse     at 1:50 pm

awww that video totally made me cry, just sent in on to husband who is sure to think it’s cheesy:)
and these fruit comparisons are crazy, i’m 20 weeks and baby is supposedly the size of a cantaloupe and 10 ounces. i think the fruit charts need updating!

What cantaloupe is 10 ounces? That’s insane! Congrats on 20 weeks. :)

Jesse Reply:

my thoughts exactly!

Lindsey     at 1:58 pm

I’m not sure if this is rude to point out, but I think you have a typo in your post. When describing Casey you wrote, “Other than totally hating me for making him pose with a random melon, I think he’s very exited.” I don’t think you meant to infer that he’s checking out!

I still love your posts!

Not rude at all – thank you! I missed it before, and fixed it now. :) I sure hope he’s not checking out!

Emily     at 2:16 pm

That teddy with the diaper on is the cutest thing ever.

Also, you say you’re waking up dehydrated, but actually its dry mouth/throat from it being open. So maybe swirling water but no swallowing would help. I know that means spitting, but if it helps reduce trips to the bathrooom..?

You could also look at those sponge things that you dip in water and then push around your mouth.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 2:17 pm

Oh, Emily, I’m so excited for you two! Sounds like things are right on track! You look amazing. Hang in there…not too much longer!

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 2:30 pm

You diapered the sleep sheep!! That might be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen and I may or may not want to run upstairs and diaper our’s now ;)

You look fantastic, Emily, especially for being short on sleep. I think you’re glowing. And no worries about the ‘ugly sleep’ because you aren’t alone. I’ve turned into the drool monster, which dehydrates me, so I chug water… you know the rest ;)

Ashley     at 2:48 pm

Love the “friends on baby watch!” The swing looks great to me. Test it with one of the dogs. ;) That video was way.too.cute. Doing good my friend!!!

Lisa     at 2:49 pm

Sending you lots of comfy sleep vibes!!!

Mai     at 2:50 pm

You look so pretty! How exciting that the the due date is right around the corner!

Sara     at 3:27 pm

Try breathe right strips for your congestion-they saved my life from about month 4 till the end of my pregnancy, as I had the pregnancy Rhinitis so bad!

Tammy     at 3:36 pm

Don’t worry about the weight… I measured 1 week ahead with my son and he was big 9lbs 6oz at birth. But I had him at home in a birth tub and it turned out great. I’m only 5’3″ and not that big so we were all surprised by his weight but I don’t know if it made it any harder. And the perk of having a big newborn you don’t have to worry about him sleeping and missing feedings or not being able to roll over or pick up his head sleeping. Plus… big babies are just so cute :) Hope you have a wonderful birth!!

Patricia     at 3:44 pm

As a mother of three I think the sleeplessness of pregnancy is preparation for living with a baby’s sleep schedule.

Might I suggest you go with the flow and begin tring to take a morning and afternoon nap. Doesn’t have to be long–1/2 hour? Think of it as a different kind of training. Plus you’ll get some added rest.

You look great.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma)     at 3:53 pm

wooo! Reuseable diapers! I know it’s kind of gross but it’s so much better than disposables!

emily     at 4:13 pm

You should totally try a NETI POT w/ saline wash, if you haven’t already. Absolutely saved my life during pregnancy. I had no allergy or sinus probs at ALL (and I always did prior).

Jen     at 4:25 pm

Your midwife can feel how big he is?! How cool! For some reason, I don’t think my midwife is that talented :(

You look amazing!

They just started doing that last week, so maybe yours will too once he’s a big bigger! I also brought it up – you should ask at your next appointment!

Dee     at 4:42 pm

I love that video! I have loved reading about your journey Emily! Thanks so much for sharing it all with us!

Katherine     at 4:49 pm

You look great! I was much bigger than other gals, too and ended up having my sweet girl 10 days early. As weird as this sounds, my placenta and cord were HUGE and beautiful so I think that had a lot to do with why I was so big. My sweet girl was 7 lbs 11 oz. Savor this part – in many ways I miss my big belly!

Laura     at 5:07 pm

You really are such a gorgeous pregnant lady :)

And I am loving your nursery! Especially the little turtles (I think they are turtles) over the swing. I’m dying over those!

Sana     at 5:19 pm

I can’t wait to see baby C on the blog, I keep picturing him as a fruit and a veggie :) I can’t wait till he sees these posts!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 5:31 pm

Wow I wonder if my doctor would be able to feel around my belly and estimate my baby’s size. That’s so cool!

You look beautiful!!

Kath     at 5:35 pm

I want to give you a big hug!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the lamb diapers!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 5:42 pm

I love that Google video – I saw it a few years ago. You’re pretty tiny of a lady, so that might be why you think your belly seems big! I think you look just right!

Sheri     at 6:08 pm

I am also pregnant two weeks behind you actually and have suffered from horrible congestion as well. I asked my doctor about what I could use and she suggested Hydasense Nasal Spray which is all natural. I got the one with Eucalyptus and it works wonders. I use it before I go to sleep and pretty much keeps me clear all night. However, I still wake up and of course need to pee 10 times a night still.

sallymae Reply:

Thank you for the recommendation! I’m at 28 weeks and my Neti Pot doesn’t even seem to help. I’m definitely going to look for this stuff:)

Me too! Thank you!

sallymae     at 6:24 pm

You are such a strong lady Emily! Although it seems like it’s beginning to drag you are so close to the end!!! It’s going to fly by and you will have that baby in your arms before you know it. Good luck getting some rest and go easy on yourself in these last few weeks – big changes take time to adjust to and you will be an awesome new mom!!!!! I’m 28 weeks and beginning to feel the aches and pains of the final trimester. Taking one day at a time is all I can do to prepare myself for the seemingly long road ahead of me. Seeing your “melon” belly gives me something to look forward to – you are super cute!

Brenda     at 6:36 pm

I laughed so hard when I read you bought your baby a domain, got him an email and twitter. I would probably do that and my husband agreed before I said I thought I would. You should ask your husband to talk nerdy to you. lol

I truly enjoy your blog. I have been really busy lately but I always make it a point in my day to check my google reader at least once a day if time permits and yours is the first blog I ever read and repost on facebook.

Oh wow. Thanks! :)

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life     at 6:57 pm

That video ALWAYS leaves me teary eyed!

Cristina L     at 7:16 pm

I’m 19 weeks pregnant with triplets and I’m as big as you at 34 weeks! YIKES!

TRIPLETS!!! That is amazing!

Madeline     at 7:27 pm

You always look like you are glowing in your weekly updates. Your belly is so cute and I am so impressed as it does not look like you have any stretch marks. Hope you have some restful nights.

Deva (Voracious Vorilee)     at 7:31 pm

You are so beautiful! I have loved the fruit/veggie comparisons, and Casey looks super excited :-)

Jessi @ Quirky Cookery     at 7:39 pm

Loved the video.

And I can’t wait to see you guys being parents in action. I know we’ll only see what you show us through your blog, but you’re such incredible people and I just know you’re going to be great parents. <3

Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection     at 7:40 pm

That video is amazing.

And those baby Halloween costumes? Oh my gosh–that strawberry is the cutest costume I’ve ever seen!!

Hope your sleeping troubles go away soon!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats     at 7:46 pm

You look so great! :) Nice work on putting the swing together on your own! Doing handy projects like that always makes me feel accomplished. I am like the least handy person on this Earth. lol.

Koko @ Koko LIkes     at 8:41 pm

Um I just watched that video and CRIED! It was SO sweet, even if it was advertising, I don’t care, that was adorable!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups     at 4:18 am

I’m a nerd too so I love that he already has a domain, twitter and email address!

leatitia     at 5:40 am

Oh I see some Bum Genius there! I’ve been using them since our little guy is about 2-3 weeks old. They have a newborn extra padding included, so they fitted real well. I recommended putting the extra padding (the longest padding) front of the baby so his back is not curved up because of the extra big diaper.

Washing the diapers had not been very pleasant though. :-/

Thanks for the tip! We’re hoping to start them after a few weeks in disposables. Not looking forward to the mess, but looking forward to saving $$ in the long run!

Colleen     at 6:42 am

Hi Emily,
Which cloth diaper brands did you purchase to try out? My baby is the size of a medium shrimp this week, haha.
Thanks,
Colleen

We are trying Bum Genius, Charlie Banana, and Tots Bots. I’ve heard good things about all three!

Noelle     at 6:43 am

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear someone lse is measuring a week ahead. My midwife said this and it made me worry saying that perhaps I will have a big baby. I really really dislike not getting enough information especially if it does not seem beneficial. Hope you get to sleeping better!

Yep, giant belly, right here. You are not alone! :)

Katie of Cabbage Ranch     at 6:51 am

I found that having a newborn was easier on me than that last month of pregnancy! Although parenting will feel more demanding in some ways, you don’t ever get a break when you’re pregnant. After Baby C is born, between his naps and your husband, you will get some respite. Right now, it’s all you, all the time! You’re doing great, keep it up!

Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites     at 8:15 am

I seriously hope that when I have kids that I am as well prepared and organized as you are! I am afraid I will be too much of a bundle of nerves! LOVE these posts Emily. It has really been something to follow you on such a special journey. Thank you for sharing it all!

Dorsa     at 9:13 am

That video is seriously amazing :)

Amy Kaye     at 9:15 am

If you want a great, simply baby Halloween costume, my boyfriend’s parents dressed him up like a monk for his first Halloween. All you need is a brown robe and a rope for the belt- then you’re good to go since babies are bald! :)

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 9:30 am

Omg I’m a blubbering baby watching that video…and I’m not even pregnant, ha! So cute, I absolutely love it :) And you look so gorgeous and glowing as always…

I have to admit I’m going to be sad when these pregnancy posts are over, I look forward to them every week and I’ve loved them so much! But then again, we’ll all have a baby to swoon over ;)

Amber K     at 10:14 am

I hope you can get some rest! Because there won’t be too much sleeping soon :)

Kait @ One Love Run     at 10:48 am

You look so great!

Are you doing centering? (The group prenatal care?) It may be called something else for you, but I am a co-facilitator for a group with one of my midwives at my hospital and I love it! My group is only about 20+ weeks along, but I am so excited for January when they all start to deliver and hopefully I will get to be the nurse for some of them! I think group pre-natal care is so great, we get to pass on so much information and education to the patients. 2 hours covers much more than a quick 20 minute appointment! Glad to hear you are doing that!

Anne Weber-Falk     at 10:57 am

I’m glad to hear and see you are doing well throughout your pregnancy. It’s wonderful that you will have all of this to look back at and show Baby C someday. I am 47 years old and have three children ages 20, 16, and 10. You never forget any of it. Sometimes it all feels so far away and other times it seems like just yesterday. Oh, and I always tear up when I see that Sophie video too. Enjoy all of this. It gets better and better.

Lee     at 11:35 am

You look great!

A melon seems more comfortable than a pineapple, but I guess it’s really not. I just kept imagining those spiky pineapple leaves in your last post and thinking that it sounded painful!

Alaina     at 11:44 am

You are absolutely glowing and are gorgeous!!! He’s almost here! :-)

Kristin @ STUFT Mama     at 11:45 am

What a cute video. :) You look great. The big day will be here before you know it. I hear you on the sleep issues. Not a fun thing the last month of pregnancy. :( Sorry you’re dealing with those. That sleep sheep is going to be a life saver! :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 12:56 pm

A week ahead!? Wowsers. You do look great for sure though. It’s getting close!

Cloth diapers are so easy but like you, I used the disposables we got at my showers for a little bit to get acclimated to actually changing diapers. Totally helped!

Ellen     at 3:39 pm

So exciting! I was looking at this today and thought of you. I wasn’t sure it this is something you’d be interested in.

Jessica @ Fit Chick Wannabe     at 5:11 pm

O.m.g. that video made me cry.

Kristen @ The Concrete Runner     at 6:29 pm

You are entirely too cute! Looks like you’ve been reading up on your Young House Love too with the cloth diapers! We are getting the exact same ones for our little girl! Can’t wait to see the rest of your nursery!

mi-an d.     at 11:43 am

i was on a vacay in orlando with the fam bam this past week for my nephew’s 1st bday!! so fun (but also missed reading your blog!) so great to hear you are doing well! and your belly is so smooth and no stretch marks! :) are you rubbing it with anything?

Heather     at 11:00 pm

Oh my gosh, that diapered lamb chop is so cute! And so is the Dear Sophie video! Glad to hear you guys are doing well and are all organized and on top of even the littlest, coolest things! Enjoy this!

R*     at 11:11 pm

I love that commercial so much, I almost cried too and I’m not pregnant. No excuse for my whacko-ness besides the awesome background piano! Salt was definitely my favorite, but face plant came a close second.

R*     at 11:12 pm

and +1 for your practice subject being adorbs!

SeekingAmy     at 8:21 am

That video game me CHILLS! love it! Also giggled a bit with the diaper practice! I can’t wait until Baby C arrives! :)

Carolyn     at 10:26 am

Hey Emily! I followed your blog for sometime now, just never left you any comment! I loved that video you posted! I’ve been showing all the new mommies around me so they can start one too. Good luck with everything :)! I love your blog :)!

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family     at 10:54 am

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the diapering issue. I have been using G-diaper and Seventh Generation disposable for 4 years (but with 2 kids). I LOVE Seventh Generation they don’t have that “powdery” smell you get with Huggies, Luvs, or Pampers. I have never had any trouble with leakage or falling apart (they aren’t as flimsy as they feel:)!
The G-diaper was a learning curve. Figuring out the inserts and stuff caused me a little heartburn, BUT once I figured it out I thought they were fantastic and I felt so good about using them.
You look set and gorgeous. I am amazed at how big your belly is :)

Renee B     at 4:14 pm

It’s so exciting to see your progress over this entire pregnancy!

Iseka Mayara     at 5:18 am

Hi Emily, I think your problem of sleep is not new like others to be Mom. But I know many who have same problem before they begin to practice Yoga to eradicate the issue and for their surprise it helped them. Now they compliment Yoga for their well health, safe pregnancy and healthy baby.