Week 39: My Pregnancy Journey.

We made it!  My last “official” week of pregnancy before I go beyond term.  It’s truly hard to believe that 39 weeks have passed since that quiet morning that I crept back into the bedroom at 5am and told Casey I thought I was pregnant.  I think that moment will stick in my mind forever as one of our most special.

Since this is the last week I get one of the “your baby is as big as a ____” emails, I thought only one thing was fitting…

Hopefully he doesn’t wait until Halloween to leave his pumpkin patch, or I will likely turn into a werewolf.  I had my last group prenatal appointment this afternoon (which is why this post is so late!), and my midwife guessed that as of today Baby C is somewhere between 7.5 and 8 pounds.  Yowsers!

But as big as I feel, my stomach is measuring perfectly on track for 39 weeks which makes me realize that I am exactly the size I should be for a healthy baby.  And he is most definitely active and still having fun in there – so many kicks and squirms, even while trying to get a heartbeat reading at the office!

The end of pregnancy is strange.  I sort of feel like a ticking time bomb that could go off at any time.  At any given moment, I feel like I need to be totally ready and caught up on everything – laundry, dishes, work, etc.  Doing laundry every day is pretty much a necessity anyways though since I only have a few pieces of clothing left that fit.

Lucky for me, I just got a gorgeous new Shabby Apple maternity dress that is both cute and super comfortable.  For all my expecting/trying friends, I’m actually giving away another one over on Babble right now!

IMG_2784 (426x640) IMG_2786 (420x640)

I’m fluctuating between feeling ready and feeling absolutely terrified on an hourly basis at this point, but I assume that is normal.  This baby is already very loved, and I know that people are so anxious for news – I get texts and calls from friends and family all day long!  Everyone keeps apologizing for asking for updates, but I feel like I should be the one apologizing for not having any!  He seems pretty happy to stay put for at least a few more days.

No one is more anxious or excited than his two grandmas.  My mom is actually flying out on Friday – I think she just can’t stand to wait at home any longer.  I feel bad that I don’t have a baby here for her to snuggle, but hopefully that will change over the course of her week in Seattle.  Casey’s parents will be out to visit the following week, and my brother and sister-in-law the weekend after!  We feel very lucky and loved, and can’t wait for Baby C to feel it all too.

I also cannot WAIT to finally get to call him by name!  The anticipation is driving me nuts!

Odds and Ends

• Total weight gained:  30 pounds
  • Today’s blood pressure:  110/73
  • Baby’s heart rate:  145 and beating loudly!
  • Next appointment:  Tuesday
  • Massive house project done this week:  two
  • Days left until due date:  three

IMG_2832 (426x640)IMG_2826 (425x640)

For previous weekly updates and other pregnancy related posts, please visit my pregnancy page!

Recent Babble Posts:

Army Amy*     at 7:36 pm

You look great!*

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga     at 7:38 pm

“I sort of feel like a ticking time bomb that could go off at any time.” — LOL!!

But you’re kind of right. I was having brax hicks for weeks (months) leading up to the birth and one night I popped up in bed and told my husband, this is IT! And he was like are you sure? And I was like…oh yeah. And 9 hours later I was holding my daughter :)

I love the pumpkin shots…it’s so fitting and you look….amazing!

Caileigh     at 7:38 pm

I feel like I need to make one final name guess, and I’m gonna go with Colton. You look great, by the way! The pumpkin is so cute.

Karolina     at 7:39 pm

I’m going to definitely miss the pregnancy updates, although I’m excited to read baby updates now!

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey     at 7:40 pm

That dress is gorgeous… so flattering!

Good luck with everything. I’ll be “waiting” to hear your big news on Twitter. :)

~

maria @ a life to Bragg about     at 7:41 pm

Haha you ARE a ticking time bomb, it could be any day now! I’m only 36 and feel the same way haha. I’m glad he’s decided to stay in to term though, babies need all the cooking they can get to stay healthy :) I can’t wait till you have him!

Madeline@ Food Fitness and Family     at 7:42 pm

You look fabulous! Hopefully this is your last pregnancy update and your sweet baby will be in your arms! It’s been a pleasure following your journey towards mommyhoo – especially since our due dates were a day a part!

Good luck and know there are a lot of positive thoughts headed your way ;)

Did you have your baby yet!?!

Madeline @ Food, Fitness & Family Reply:

I did! I had her October 6 … good thing too because she was 8 lbs 14 oz haha. Quick labor too – start to finish 6 hours. Wishing you luck!

amy     at 7:42 pm

how exciting!!! you look great!

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie     at 7:45 pm

Ahh its almost baby time! I’m so excited you’ll be surrounded by friends and family when the little guy gets here! Will your sister that stayed with you this summer be visiting?

She’ll be here for a week at Thanksgiving!

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie Reply:

Oh yay! I know when I have a baby I will definitely want my sister there with me!

jane richardson     at 7:47 pm

YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!

:) Thanks!

Catherine     at 7:48 pm

Gosh you look so lovely. I hope I look half as good as you when I’m 39 weeks pregnant! Confession: I checked your Twitter feed multiple times a day, just in case now…you have so many people on Baby C Watch, and I can’t wait to read that he’s here! :)

Deva @ Deva by Definition     at 7:50 pm

You look amazing! I love the pumpkin, and I, like many many others, cannot wait to “meet” Baby C!

Felicia (Natural + Balanced)     at 7:57 pm

you look so beautiful! and i am so excited for you. i can’t believe you are already 3 days to your due date!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie     at 7:57 pm

I’ve been thinking of you all day! I hope he comes soon and not late like my son. You look amazing of course and have nothing to be afraid of. Labor is a strange and wonderful experience and I’m so excited for you to go through it.

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life     at 8:06 pm

Girl, you ROCK pregnancy like no other! Can’t wait to read when he’s here!!

jenny     at 8:11 pm

you look amazing and the dress looks fabulous on you! now you and casey need to go somewhere in it… maybe one last date night?? enjoy! see you soon!

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run     at 8:13 pm

Emily, just found your blog! I love it! Your belly is so beautiful!!! I’m dying to have a third…I have two girls, Hannah 4, and Madelyn 2. Wishing you the best of luck in delivery! :D

hippierunner     at 8:14 pm

You look so adorable and stunning! :)

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen     at 8:14 pm

Good luck Mama Garnish! I’m sending you and hubby all of my good thoughts :-)

Katie KS     at 8:18 pm

You look great! I gained 31 lbs w this last pregnancy and have lost all but a pound! Totally get the ticking time bomb. I cleared my desk every day and gave detailed updates to coworkers on anything hanging. But I usually do laundry on sundays so it was not done prior to M’s sat. Birth. But I am woman… Came home from the hospital sun and started laundry – even changed sheets on Mon! BTW – I pretty much read and comment on your blogs while nursing so thanks for the diversion!

Lisa     at 8:20 pm

How very exciting! You look positively amazing!!! not long to go now!!

Ella, RD     at 8:28 pm

I have absolutely loved your pregnancy posts – I’m sure I will keep referring to them in the next 14 or so weeks myself (i’m 25.5 weeks now). I hope to look as beautiful as you do at 39 weeks! Best wishes in the week to come!

Lisa     at 8:28 pm

I am DYING to know Baby C’s name! Jeromy, Caroline and I are cheering for you and Baby C :-)

Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes     at 8:33 pm

You look amazing!!! This is so exciting! I was in your shoes 6 months ago. Weeeeeeee!!!!!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme)     at 8:36 pm

I’m one of those people that have been sending tweets your way! Can’t help it, I really am excited to see him and finally know his name.

Hopefully you won’t have to wait much longer!

Kathryn @ Flopoodle     at 9:38 pm

You look amazing and I love that black shirt! I can’t wait to hear his full name!

Kathleen     at 10:01 pm

You look gorgeous! Love that you went with a pumpkin and my fingers are crossed that the waiting is over soon. So excited for you and Casey!

Leah     at 10:08 pm

You look amazing!

6 years ago I too was 39+ weeks pregnant. Trick-or-treating with my older two kids (ages 2+4) was NOT fun!

Colleen     at 10:26 pm

Hang in there. The end is near!

Elisabeth     at 11:25 pm

You look beautiful, Emily – pregnancy really ‘suits’ you :) I especially like the black top with the ruching – very flattering on the belly! I don’t even ‘know’ you, but I’m anxious for you, just like your friends & family. I always think when I’m about to head to your blog, ‘wonder if Emily had Baby C yet?’! I, too, cannot wait for you to start using his actual name :D

Susan     at 3:31 am

You look absolutely radiant!! I have been keeping you in my prayers. So excited for both of you!

Brittney     at 3:42 am

Can’t wait to see this baby and hear the name you picked out!!

Casey W. @ thislittlechickpea     at 3:49 am

You look so beautiful! I have enjoyed your weekly updates so much since my little one was due so close to yours – Oct. 18th. Bennett had other plans however and arrived 2 weeks early! I swear for almost a week he seemed like a dream. I’m so excited to read your birth story and hear your perspectives on labor! If you have any remaining fears about labor or just want to chat with someone who JUST went through it, feel free to email me :) I can’t wait for Baby C to join your family!

Casie     at 4:16 am

Wow, just wow. The side photos are telling! I hope you have an uncomplicated birth and look forward to laying eyes on Baby C. All the best.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 4:21 am

Can’t wait to “meet” baby c!

Jenny     at 4:52 am

You look beautiful! You seem so happy and full of energy! Good luck! I admit I check the site a couple of times a day to see if baby C has made his entrance!

Lee     at 4:54 am

So excited for you and your family! And I can’t wait to find out Baby C’s name. I have my guesses but I’m sure they’re not right.

That’ll be nice for you to have family with you for the first few weeks. Does Casey get to take any paternity leave?

Brittany     at 5:00 am

This is so exciting!! It will be so amazing once the baby is finally here. Congrats again :D

Shari     at 5:12 am

The color of that maternity dress is BEAUTIFUL!

So excited for you!! :D

Michaela     at 5:13 am

gosh, this is so exciting! I really hope all goes well! according to your stomach I think the baby stays put for more than 3 days ;)
and you look just stunning, you are so slim and that belly looks gorgeous!

Jen     at 5:31 am

A pumpkin?! That really scares me! Lately I’ve been wondering how the heck I’m going to get him out.

You look amazing as always. :)

Priyanka     at 5:33 am

You look beautiful and absolutely ready!

Jamie @ FoodinRealLife     at 5:39 am

My goodness, you look amazing. I’m so sure that you will be one of those women who walks out of the hospital at her pre-pregnancy weight. There is no denying that you are all belly! I’m so envious! Can’t wait to meet Baby C, but I will certainly miss these updates!

Christine     at 5:39 am

I usually just lurk here, but I have to say – you are one of the cutest pregnant women I’ve ever seen!

Sharon Owen     at 5:52 am

You (& Casey!!) have done an amazing thing!

This Baby C is very lucky to have y’all as parents and when he grows up, He will be able to see the excitement leading up to his birth.

Are you going to print the updates as a little book for him?? THAT would be AWESOME!!!

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 5:56 am

You are so beautiful and all belly! I can’t wait to hear his name and see his adorable face. You’re going to do awesome at labor- no worries.

I’ll Stalk… I mean SEE you on twitter ;)

Sarah @ w30     at 5:56 am

YAY for healthy babies! Sounds like he’ll have some nice chubby rolls. Nothing better than baby rolls!WE can’t wait until you can call him by name, either! ;)

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family     at 5:59 am

I echo everyone’s sentiments in that we will all miss the baby posts, although I think seeing the real deal (instead of in utero) will be nice.
I am stumped as to what the “C” actually stands for. I have had a couple of guesses in my mind and I guess now is as good a time as any to put it out there:
Casey
Caden
Caleb
I think I really like the CA combination with Malone.
Here is to having a fabulous remaining couple of days of pregnancy and safe travels for your mom on Friday :)

Tanya @ Vegan Faith     at 6:05 am

YOu look beautiful Emily! Behind that pumpkin you can hardly tell you are pregnant!

Anne     at 6:13 am

When I’ll have a child, I think I will want to come back alone with baby and my boyfriend at home, and for 2-3 days without visits… // You look very nice in that outfit (jeans and black top) at 39 weeks wow !

Paige     at 6:13 am

You’re so close! This could very well be your last pregnancy progress post! I hope you share those massive house projects with your readers as well in the meantime. :)

Hannah     at 6:15 am

I feel like you were just sharing all the news with us! I can’t believe baby is almost here! You have done such a wonderful job throughout your pregnancy. Thank you soo much for sharing it with all of us. You are going to be a fantastic mom!

Dorsa     at 6:16 am

You look amazing, I pray that I look as good as you do when I am pregnant :)

ahh I am so excited for you!

Marla     at 6:30 am

I was thinking Caleb Malone first too!

(otherwise…hmmmm-still prob missed the mark!)
Callum Malone
Cameron Malone
Carter Malone
Coley Malone
Charlie Malone
Casey Jr. Malone
Colin Malone
Campbell Malone
Cooper Malone
Carleton Malone

Catherine     at 6:35 am

You look amazing! I am also pregnant with my first baby, but I’m only 6 weeks along. I hope I look as good as you at 39 weeks!

Kelly     at 6:46 am

Oh I am so excited for you! I just reached 37 weeks on Tuesday and I kind of feel like a ticking time bomb at this point too.. Especially since my last two friends to give birth did so just before they were 38 weeks!! Good luck w/everything! Can’t wait to hear the good news :)

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 6:56 am

I cannot believe it’s almost time! You look gorgeous in that blue dress too.

Sara     at 7:09 am

You look SO pretty! Have a great week!

amy     at 7:13 am

You look so great! It’s funny, I am totally feeling the anticipation every time I’m waiting for your blog to load to see if you’ve gone into labor!

Lindsay @GetHealthywithL     at 7:37 am

You look so happy and healthy- that baby boy is going to have a great mom and dad to come into the world to. Hope your labor is quick and easy.

Haley S     at 7:41 am

You look so beautiful and I love that dress! The pumpkin shots are so festive. Can’t wait to hear all about Baby C when he decides to make his appearance. I think he’s waiting for your mom…

Sarah     at 8:02 am

For some reason I have a sudden feeling your naming him Carter. We’ll see if I’m right :)

Kim     at 8:04 am

you look amazing!! i can’t wait to read all about baby c when he decides to make his debut.

Maryann     at 8:43 am

You continue to look great. Hope he comes soon while your Mom is there. Take a bumpy car ride. There was that marathon runner she ran and then that same day she delivered. Don’t know how one can do that. It’s so hard to move let alone run/walk which is what she did.
This weekend could be it I have a feeling.
Blessings,
Lancaster CO PA Gal

Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous     at 8:55 am

Awesome post Emily! I recommended your blog to a pregnant friend of mine as soon as she told me she was expecting and I realized that you would be due around the same time. Her beautiful daughter was born on Friday and I got to spend a few precious moments with her last night when I brought the parents dinner. Can’t believe it is nearly time. You are doing so great.

Katie @ Shared Bites     at 9:38 am

Good luck, Emily! It’s going to be so amazing when that little guy comes out to join you. From what I hear, being a mom is better than you can ever imagine. :)

Amber K     at 9:46 am

I swear it feels like you were just posting the blog about finding out you were pregnant, and now here you are at the end! It feels so fast to me, probably because I’m not the one with constant kicking reminder!

You’re glowing, as usual :)

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat     at 9:48 am

Best wishes over the next week or so. Hopefully it won’t be much longer. How wonderful that family is coming in town to love on you all :) Looking forward to hearing of Baby C’s arrival and what his name really is ;)

Brooke @ bittersweetBrooke     at 9:52 am

Oh I am so excited for you! I have read every pregnancy update and can’t wait to see baby C on the screen!

anne     at 10:18 am

I think I stumbled upon your blog maybe 50 weeks ago, and it has been so fun to ‘go on this journey’ with you! I’m really excited for you, and excited to keep seeing how you will raise baby C to have healthy choice :)

Tammy     at 10:25 am

You look great LOVE the bare tummy shots :)
So I’m thinking almost everyone one I know myself included have been “late” with first babies – so my guess is only your brother and sister-in-law will actually be able to see baby :( But at least you will have family to wait with you… those last days over due feel like forever – but then it’s all over and you are looking in your baby’s eyes and nothing else matters.

Ali @ Around the VeggieTable     at 10:28 am

You look so great! I’m so glad that you have been sharing these updates…I have been following your journey since the very beginning and it is so exciting that your baby is almost here! It was fun to watch you grow and hear about all the different changes, etc. Thanks :)

Jen @ The Well Read Fish     at 10:38 am

The out-take pix are always so cute!

Tricia     at 10:46 am

Man do you look great! I was more like a beached whale at this point. You look amazing! I must admit….i check your page and twitter a lot for updates too! I hope he comes soon! I remember the waiting game all to well.

cara     at 10:52 am

Hi, wow, thats a lot of visitors, I want to spend the first month with just me the baby and husband, to help us get into a schedule and learn how to breast feed etc. I think they say its important to spend the first week alone together to bond. You must like having people stay over, I can never relax. Enjoy.

Sara Johnson (SaraJohnsonPhotography)     at 11:24 am

You look so great! I have to echo everyone else’s sentiments about the black top. You can tell where you got it if you want? ;) I’m just 35 weeks and hoping I can look as good as you at 39 weeks.
Sending postive labor thoughts your way!

Angela (Oh She Glows)     at 11:24 am

You are officially the cutest pregnant woman ever.
That’s so nice that you have family coming to help out. It’s nice to have moms around who have been there and can help with questions!

Shannon @ My Place In The Race     at 11:24 am

Oh I love that dress! So pretty! The color is awesome :)

Melissa     at 11:51 am

Emily you look gorgeous! I am sure you are going stir crazy waiting! He will be here soon and I can’t wait to know what his name is either! How awesome you will be surrounded by loving family!

Christina     at 12:46 pm

Wow I think feeling scared and excited is definitely normal! I can’t even imagine! Hopefully you’ll welcome baby C this weekend :)

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions     at 1:05 pm

GAH I cannot WAIT for this baby to be born!! I want to “meet” Baby C so bad!

Lindsey     at 1:07 pm

Hi Emily!
I don’t comment much, but I really enjoy reading your blog. All the recipes I have made from your blog have been fantastic. And it’s been fun following along with your pregnancy journey. Congrats to you and Casey. I can’t wait to see photos of baby C.
Lindsey

katie     at 1:24 pm

I’m soo excited to MEET HIM!! We leave three weeks from tomorrow. So weird we’re coming to see someone who isn’t even here yet. Haha!

Meredith     at 1:49 pm

You look beautiful!

P.S. My sister gave birth to a little girl yesterday… 9lbs.6oz.! I don’t know how y’all do it. :]

Angela     at 2:19 pm

Congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing your journey. I love your recipes and pregnancy updates ;).

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More     at 2:50 pm

You are glowing! I love the pregnancy updates and can’t wait for the tweet saying you’re on the way to the hospital! ;)

Kristen @ The Concrete Runner     at 3:45 pm

So so close! I hope he’s on time! Going past your due date will slowly drive you insane! ;)

Emily @ Life on Food     at 5:04 pm

So perfect that it is a pumpkin this week. I have enjoyed these weekly updates so much. Keep up the patience…the time will come.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 5:12 pm

That pumpkin better get itself out of there!

And I remember those anxious/excited fluctuations. You know I’m here if you ever need a chat. :)

Marie@feedingfive     at 6:37 pm

Honestly I think you are stunning. I hated when people said this to me because I didn’t feel like it at all, BUT….. your pregnancy has gone so fast.

Julie @ Wearing Mascara     at 6:52 pm

I am SO excited for you! I may have told you this before, but don’t you find it kinda awesome that the fruit you have been featuring in all your posts have actually been in season?? :-)

Mahealani @ Beauty, Brains, and Balance     at 7:30 pm

Congratulations!!! You look so wonderful in that dress, hope everything goes well bringing your little punkin into the world!

Mari @ itsgoodno.blogspot.com     at 9:16 pm

So stunning and gorg every week! Love the pumpkin…also whenever a day goes by without a post I always think its THE day! :)

Pam C     at 2:15 am

You’ve been an inspiration since before your pregnancy but even more so now. I’ve loved following your journey and aspire to embrace my future pregnancy the way you do. You look awesome and I love the outtakes photos that you’ve been adding because it just proves it even more!

Jamie     at 4:29 am

So excited for you Emily!! Wishing you all the best. It’s been so fun to watch the weekly updates. Can’t wait to see pictures of your little guy!!

Katherine     at 6:39 am

I can not wait!!!

Heather     at 7:46 am

gah! I have been following since the beginning (and before that!) and my how time flies! I cannot believe your due date is almost here! I am so excited thinking about how excited you must be!! all these blog babies are starting to give me baby fever!

Emily     at 3:29 pm

You look great! I’ve loved seeing your maternity wardrobe. Where do you get your clothes– like the black top, for example? I’d love to know!

The black top is Gap Maternity! Most of my maternity clothes are Target, Gap, and Old Navy.

Kelly     at 8:10 am

You look truly beautiful, Emily. I think this week’s update photos of you in the black shirt are my favorite. You look healthy and so full of life. So happy for you and Casey (and the other excited family members). Babies are special!

Ashley     at 5:28 pm

Ok so I’m 39weeks pregant and 1cenmeter dilated and this is my first baby I got told that if I don’t have her by the 18 I’m going to get inducd on Friday moring and today I took the distress test cause I don’t fill her move the ten times and when I took the test and within 5to ten Mintues of it she was moving the way they like to see them move but the thing is I didn’t fell her move at all

Dare dorm Accounts     at 11:26 pm

Dare dorm Accounts…

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Week 39: My Pregnancy Journey….