For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Weekends With Cullen.

Check it out – a rare weekend post!  We’re having so much fun with our new little family, and I thought I’d pop in to share a few pictures of what we’ve been up to since coming home from the hospital last Saturday.

Since my mom came out on October 14th (someone was too excited to stay home and wait for the baby!), she ended up being here when I went into labor.  This turned out to be a huge blessing, since we were in the hospital from Tuesday through Saturday.  She stayed at our house and took care of the dogs, which was a huge relief and help to us.  Plus she got to be here on the day he was born – so special!

The day we came home from the hospital, Casey’s parents were also flying into town so we had a VERY full house.  Emotions were high (hormones!), and when we pulled up in front of the house and saw this, I started sobbing.  Too cute!

Casey is a natural with Cullen, and I have so much fun watching them.  He is convinced Cullen doesn’t like him, but that’s just because he is usually on diaper duty, which is baby’s least favorite activity.

He gets lots and lots of kisses and snuggles.

It was nice having all our parents here to celebrate Cullen’s arrival, and everyone wanted to hold him and spoil him all day long.  Occasionally Casey and I would escape with him so the three of us could have a little alone time.  On day three, we took our first walk with the new stroller!  Because of my limited mobility, we only went around two blocks, but it felt great to get out and get him into the neighborhood.

Many of you asked about how the pups are adjusting to our new addition, and I can’t believe I forgot to mention it in the weekly update!  The initial reaction when we came home was a little tougher than I initially imagined.  Indy ran around the house whining and acting like he had been traumatized, and Huey was absolutely terrified of Cullen.  They both acted like freaks for a few days, afraid to get near him, barking when he cries, etc.

Slowly but surely, I think they realized this change is permanent, and they are starting to warm up to their new little brother.

I won’t leave him with them unsupervised because they are definitely still adjusting, but things are much much better now that a week has passed.

Now that the grandparents have all gone home and they realize they aren’t going to get spoiled by anyone else, they have warmed back up to us and are pretty much back to their normal selves.  We’re making sure to give them extra scratches and cuddles as much as possible.

I’ve also been experimenting with all my baby-wearing devices – the Ergo and the Moby wrap.  It’s so nice to strap Cullen on and go about my business while he naps.  He is such a snuggle bug down in there, and he naps so peacefully on my chest.

Now that it’s just us three (or five!), Casey and I are finally getting a feel for what life is like with our new family member.  We’ve been spending extra time cuddling in bed with him in the mornings, taking him to coffee shops, going for walks, and doing our best to blend our “old life” with all that is new.

So far so good!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I didn’t even think about how difficult it would be for the pups. Glad they are slowly adjusting to the new addition!

Elisabeth     at 9:03 pm

I just love reading the update posts about Cullen! He is so sweet – especially like the first picture of him with Casey :)

colleen     at 9:19 pm

Glad everyone is adjusting. Hopefully the pups can be trusted with Cullen. My lab was great with mine, but she was a female not a male. She always slept near the babies, let us know when we needed to check on them, was their play/climb toy, cleaned up any dropped food, and she loved the stuffed toys. Definitely continue giving the pups a little extra lovin’ so they don’t get jealous or Cullen.

Michelle (The Runner's Plate)     at 9:37 pm

I am obsessed with reading these posts about your “new” life and family!

Leah     at 6:43 am

You guys are doing an amazing job! :)

Shayla @ The Good Life     at 7:09 am

Cullen is the most beautiful, precious baby ever. I loved your preganancy journey posts so much and I’m so happy to hear you’re going to continue posting about your journey, now with of your lives with Cullen. I am so looking forward to following you along this journey and can’t get enough of baby Cullen pics! :)

Laura     at 7:31 am

What kind of stroller did you get? Do you love it? I’m making up the list for my baby registry and can’t choose one. Help! BTW–Cullen is adorable and you both seem like amazing parents. It’s so nice to hear how you are all (dogs included!) transitioning to this new life :)

Erin Reply:

I was wondering the same thing and found what she bought in a previous post :)

Yep – thanks for finding it Erin! Taking me a little longer to get to comments these days. :)

Christina     at 7:46 am

On my commute in I was actually thinking about how pets adjust to new babies…total random thought on the subway lol. You guys seem to be doing well!! And Cullen is absolutely a cutie pie, how are you taking all these wonderful photo’s? Sheer luck or are you a photographer in disguise :)

I just take a LOT of pictures, and hope for a few good ones. :)

Christina Reply:

Ha! Well it works! You have some amazing ones just from the few you put up on here :)

Carol @ Lucky Zucca     at 7:55 am

You just have the cutest family. Thanks for sharing your story with us! Every last detail is so interesting. Wishing y’all a continued journey of happiness! <3

deena     at 8:13 am

Beautiful Baby…. Beautiful Family……but those huge dogs are to close to the baby……an Animal is just that and they do animal things…..You guys should keep those dogs from your baby……he is so small and they are just to BIG!

Shannon @ My Place In The Race     at 8:22 am

Such sweet pictures :)

Verna     at 10:12 am

Do you have an infant insert for your Ergo? Are you using it in the picture? I don’t really like mine.

I didn’t get the insert – I just roll up a blanket and put it in the bottom to give him a little boost! My sister taught me that trick. :)

Amanda     at 10:28 am

Hi Emily! First Cullen is so cute and I’m loving these updates! I’m due with my first baby in March and I’m wondering what kind of stroller you are using? I was thinking of getting a separate jogger but it looks like yours is a jogger too? Have you thought about doing a review post of the things you are loving to use with Cullen? It’s great info for us expecting active Moms to be!!

Thanks!

We have the BOB Revolution CE. Only used it once so far, but so far so good! I will definitely write a post about our gear – probably over on Baby’s First Year, but I’ll link over to it.

Jesse     at 10:32 am

so glad to hear that life at home is going so well.

Kate     at 10:37 am

Looks like a Bob Revolution! What model is it, though? I can’t decide between the CE and the SE. Thoughts?

We have the CE! We got it because it’s a little smaller and we are TIGHT on space here in our townhouse.

Coco     at 10:43 am

Cullen is gorgeous- and you look great! I doesn’t even look like you had a baby!! I hope that I’m the same way someday.. I’m totally in LOVE with the star outfit :)

deva @ deva by definition     at 10:48 am

He is absolutely adorable! I love the photos of him all swaddled up, and Casey looks like such a natural!

susan hawrylow     at 11:36 am

This is my first time commenting on your blog. I have been following you for a little while now and really enjoy your posts. When my first son was born, we had a Wheaten Terrier (Chester), who felt very ‘put out’ by the new addition. I too had to eventually have an epidural (my son’s head was the wrong way around and put too much pressure on my back, labour pains were intolorable). My recovery was slow…I did find that taking Chester for walks with the baby reconnected us all. The picture of your dog lying so close to Cullen…we have so many pictures of Chester like that with our son. In fact, my son was crawling before 6 months…trying to get to Chester! Susan H. @ the food allergy chronicles

susan hawrylow     at 11:40 am

Sorry, I have commented on your blog…brain fog!

Sarah     at 11:42 am

You all much such a gorgeous family, I love the family of five photo with the doggies :)

Kelly     at 11:49 am

You’ve got some of the best pics of your new little boy! He’s so cute (and I’m not really a baby person)! :)

Brittnie (A Joy Renewed)     at 3:33 pm

He is so cute! I love your newborn photos in your other post. They are awesome!

Christin@purplebirdblog     at 7:02 am

Love it love it love it!! And I must say, you look FANTASTIC!! :)

Sara     at 10:49 am

I have so enjoyed your entire pregnancy–with the weekly updates, etc.–and really enjoyed your detailed posts about delivery. I am not pregnant but hope to be one day in the near future and it’s good to hear others’ experiences (I think). He is absolutely adorable and you and Casey and Cullen make an adorable family :-) (Plus the dogs.) I am really interested in how the dogs react to Cullen as time goes on. We have two dogs about the size of yours and we also have cats. Hoping that transition will go OK. Our dogs are the center of our universe right now.

Kat @ living like the kings     at 5:55 am

We love our BOB stroller!

running shoes