For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Week 9: Headed Out Of Town.

This little man is 9 weeks old today!

This week has felt like it has flown past since we’ve been getting ready to go out of town.  Tomorrow is our first plane ride with Cullen, and I’ll admit I’m a little nervous.  I’m so excited about taking him to meet our family and friends, but at the same time, I’m worried about being in a new space, being off his schedule, and not having all our usual resources (like the swing!).  Let’s hope he’s a flexible guy.  I’m also finding that packing for a baby is an event in itself!  The boy does not travel light.

Casey is working from home today, which always makes the day more fun for me and Cullen.  At nine weeks, he is definitely recognizing faces and voices, and this boy absolutely loves his daddy.

His other love?  Blankets!  We have these really soft bamboo blankets from Aden + Anais that are one of our most used baby items to date.  Cullen’s new way of napping is to lay on either his pillow or in the swing, and then cover himself with a blanket that he rubs on his skin.  He loves getting his arms underneath and then rubbing the blanket all over his face.  I’m glad he likes it so much, but I find myself checking him every ten minutes to make sure he’s not suffocating under all that fabric!

We had is eight week doctor’s appointment yesterday where he got all his current weights and measures.  He’s up to a whopping 13lbs 3.5 oz!  I’ve been a little worried recently that his nursing time has gone down in both frequency and length, but he is clearly getting plenty of food.  I can’t believe that in two months he has gained 5 pounds!

I took a few pictures of him this week that resulted in some fun before and afters.  Here’s a picture from the day he was born…

IMG_3062

And another at nine weeks.  He really doesn’t look that different, right?  He never really had any of the newborn swelling or wrinkles that you see so often.  His hair is definitely a lot longer now!

IMG_5106

And here is another crazy before and after.  I took this picture of him playing the other day, and then realized it was the same profile shot as his ultrasound.  When I put the two side by side, I was shocked.  I tend to think that ultrasounds all pretty much look the same, but there is no mistaking that his really LOOKS like him!  (Of course that’s because it is him…)  You can click to make it bigger – check out the nose and chin!

Cullen - Before & After

I also recorded a short video this week to show Cullen in 3D!  It’s hard to really capture a baby in photos (even though I’ve taken 5,000), so I try to do a video with him every week so that we can look back on them when he’s big and all grown up!

I can’t believe that his first Christmas is coming up this weekend, and I already feel all weird and weepy about it.  I can’t believe how lucky I feel to have this little man in my life.

At two months postpartum, I’m feeling great.  Definitely not getting in as many workouts as I’d like to, but I’m also finding that my attitude toward them has changed too.  I need a swift kick in the pants to take my workouts more seriously, because I find myself much more inclined to stay home and snuggle than to go for a run out in the cold.  At least I’m still making sure to get in my 3 miles a day of walking!

We’re off to Indianapolis tomorrow, and we’ll be gone for a week!  I’ll be popping in here and there to share our holiday adventures, but I hope you will all be enjoying family and holidays yourselves.  Safe travels to all who are visiting, and have a wonderful weekend!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers     at 6:44 am

Have a safe trip and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Leah     at 10:19 am

Surreal to hear you speak, Emily! I’ve never heard your voice outside of the written word. Thank you for sharing and have a very Merry Christmas!

Allie@LiveLaughEat     at 10:22 am

Oh Emily, I love him already! You are hilarious. Love seeing you and Cullen “in person.” More videos!

Mehr     at 10:38 am

Thank you for sharing all the beautiful pictures and the video!! I have to agree with you — even though most ultrasounds look the same, you can DEFINITELY tell this is Cullen! So adorable :)

Safe travels!

Amber K     at 10:55 am

I can’t get over how sweet and precious he is. Babies are so cute! Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

lisa @ early morning run     at 11:58 am

OMG. He is absolutely precious! That smile is adorable! Enjoy every minute of his first Christmas!

Katie@Real Food Katie's Way     at 2:10 pm

What a transformation!! How blessed you are!

Merry Christmas!

Ahath     at 6:25 pm

Awe glad you put up a video! He is so precious I smiled the whole video!! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

jenny     at 7:05 am

merry christmas, emily! i love love love the video. keep ’em coming! hope the travel went well!!

radhi     at 8:26 am

i’ve been loving all your awesome posts lately! it’s been fun to have some insight into all the aspects of the first weeks & months! hope the travels went as smoothly as possible! happy holidays!

Alexis @ hummusapien     at 12:07 pm

Cullen is too cute!! I love seeing new pictures! I made your chocolate chip cookies yesterday and they were a hit! I’m plannning on making your lentil chilli and jalapeno cornbread tomorrow….YUMYUM!

Have fun with Cullen tomorrow–hopefully he won’t cry too much on the plane!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More     at 12:23 pm

I hope the plane ride with the little guy went well and that you’re all having an amazing holiday. Merry Christmas! :)

Alex @ Raw Recovery     at 8:50 am

You have such a beautiful family! I’ve been away from the blogosphere for most of the last 6 weeks and so when I was finally able to check out the blogs I usually read, it was such a surprise to see how much he has grown! He looks like such a happy baby! Safe travels!

Lexi @ A Spoonful of Sunshine     at 10:59 am

He has such a distinctive little smile! It’s like a shy little grin–so cute :) I agree that he definitely looks like the ultrasound in that one photo too!

TeenyLittleSuperChef     at 12:35 pm

Oh my goodness that kid is cute! And you look absolutely beautiful. I’m telling ya, motherhood definitely suits you. Good luck on your adventure to Indianapolis. Should be interesting :)

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions     at 1:35 pm

BAH. He is just such a precious little chunk. Hope he’s handling travels well! I did almost the opposite flight when I was just a little older than him–I was 3 months old when I took my first flight from the Midwest to Seattle. I imagine I was nothing but angelic the entire trip ;)

Kinder     at 6:59 pm

Cutest little guy ever! Hope the trip went well!

Dorsa     at 5:23 am

Very sweet video :) Thanks for sharing Emily!

Atara     at 7:01 am

I loved that video! So different seeing Cullen in action! He is so lucky to have a mama like you making all these memories so well documented for him! Happy holidays and enjoy your family time!

Paige     at 3:45 am

Just got around to watching this but just wanted to pop in and say that you look so happy! And Cullen is super cute, as always. :)

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Nine Months.     at 4:29 pm

[…] we are just nine short weeks […]

Paintless dent repair in Plano     at 8:02 pm

00mm oversize, then put the cylinders in a mill to flatten them out again. You may have already
spent a lot of money at a repair shop to get those dents corrected.
Sit on a lot of bikes to get a feel of height and
riding position.

low carb     at 8:13 pm

Hurrah, that’s what I was looking for, what a data!
existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this website.

attorney services sacramento     at 3:36 pm

Since its inception, a prepaid legel service plan has gained a lot
of important acclaim because of the number of benefits provided by these companies.

www.gameswizardx.com     at 8:05 pm

Brain Age: Train Your mind in Minnutes a Day featursd several briwf gammes that designer Dr .
Ryuta Kawashima claimed might increase bblood flow to thhe prefontal cortex.
While they produce a dinner banquet for their plaything aand filed animals, you will get
hours associated with enjoyment viewing thm figure out how to be
innovative. The other issue is that We have asted about 4 hours in the past week playing this.

It is a page to organize the video games I’ve produced or modified significantly
which includes note about content. The house in Long gone Home” will bee
filled with nods too the style of online games that inspired it; 1
subtopic challenged students to collect tthe concealed references.
There aree many different games that cann be effdctive when used by the right instructor for the correct group
of learners, ” Husøy explained. Once i look
for online games to put in the particular classroom, I use the
same method as any additional media. They are destroying the normal values
and lexicon that allow us too get in touch with each
orher plus hold alll of uus togetner like a society. Nearly all
games having a sexual style feature a man character and a lot of naked females.

A new series of games come up regularly and thus you do not get
bored actively playing the same video ames again and again, theyy get a new variety off
video game every time each goes online. The most recent series of online games tyese
day’s are get away games to have to emerge from tthe capture solve the
puzzle, find the keys plus score as more as possible. Be aware
though, because the game increases as you go. If
you like Code Lyok games you will discover others upon mygames4girls.

This is a web page to organize the particular
games I have created or even modified considerably with sokme records about content material.
The house in Gone Home” is full of nods
towards the genre associated with games that inspired it; one
subtopic challenged students to collect the
hidden references. There are plenty of various games which can be effective whenever used by
the proper teacher for that right number of students, ”
Husøy described. When I search for games to set up the
classroom, I use exactly the samne approach every other media.

They are wiping out the common ideals andd lexicon that allow us in order too communicate with onee another and keep
us collectively as a community. The majority of games with a sex theme have a male personality and lots of nude women.
The parfticular legacy still left by Russia’s first
winter season Gaes is one of sparkling purpose-built arenas
with little if any post-Games use, a massive overhaul of infrastructure at the Dark sea holiday resort and
a report price tag tht will triggered changes for long term Olympics.

By blaming the European problems on wages and the cost of labor and ignoring thee partiicular role
of credit floows within the financial union, economists are letting
Big Banking institutions off the catch, absolving them from any responsibility, keep alone blame – plus unjustifiably so.

running shoes