Do Over.

I baked you cookies.  And I was so excited to share them with you!

They were delicious – Casey and I both agreed.  Huey agreed as well – after he ate all two dozen…

I had hoped to share the recipe and photos with you today, but the cookies made their way into doggie doom before I could photograph the final product.  I also made you soba noodle salad.

That disappeared as well.

And while I was indeed cooking for you, I was also cooking for my mom’s group, who was headed to my house within about two hours of all my food disappearing.  Enter panic mode.

Cullen graced me with a one hour nap that allowed me to frantically shower, get dressed, vacuum, and quickly re-make noodle salad and throw together a chickpea dish (no time to re-bake cookies!).  With five minutes to spare, I moved the coffee table out of the way and prepped our living space for the arrival of our mini guests.

I dished up what I had quickly re-made for lunch…

And I wiped down the counters to hide the cooking mess so that no one knew that it looked like a tornado went through just minutes prior.  Our kitchen is such a dream to cook in!

I set out a few flavored kombuchas so we’d have something fun to drink while the babies played.

And PLAY they did!  Rolling, crawling, tugging, crashing – it’s amazing how much this group has changed since our first meetup when they were just two months old.

They used to lay like lumps and just stare at toys and colors…

Jan 25 (640x415)

And now they are four distinct, hilarious little people.

I can’t say enough about how rewarding it is to have such wonderful moms and babies in my life.  So fun!

Unfortunately, just as our friends were leaving, Casey called to tell me that his wallet, phone, and watch were all stolen from his locker at the gym.  Someone ripped his lock right off!  So the rest of the afternoon was spent cancelling cards and making phone calls.

And now, I’m headed back to the kitchen to make you another batch of cookies.  I apologize on Huey’s behalf for delaying them an extra day.  You can bet I will be guarding this batch a little more closely…

Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family     at 7:40 pm

That sucks for Casey (and you)! My engagemt ring was stolen out of my locker at the gym. So violating!

Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family     at 7:40 pm

Kaitlyn @ Keeping up with Kaitlyn     at 7:46 pm

That is ABSOLUTELY horrible about Casey’s thing:( People are so cruel!

On a happier note, I can’t wait for the cookie recipe!

Heather (Heather's Dish)     at 7:47 pm

yikes, what a day :( so glad you were able to spend time with mama friends though! makes such a difference :)

Sarah     at 7:48 pm

Oooh, I hope they catch the perp! Hugs to you all.

Katie @ Creature of Habit     at 7:52 pm

That’s such a bummer about the wallet.

Unrelated but I just have to gush over your kitchen. *drool*

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen     at 7:57 pm

Oh man, what a day! There’s nothing worse than the feeling of your wallet being stolen. Been there, done that. Not fun! My dog covered her entire body in some other animal’s fecal matter in the woods today 10 minutes before a work conference call and I thought that was bad but honestly, I’d be more pissed about the cookies! haha

Krystina (Krystina Yogini)     at 7:57 pm

HAHA he looks so sad and guilty. Your kitchen is beautiful! Love stainless steel appliances.

Bonnie     at 7:59 pm

I wasn’t phased by the fact that your pup at your cookies and what not but I did gasp that the wallet was stolen. Don’t people realize that is your bread and butter money. I guess not.

I’m glad all worked out in the end. Did you forget the recipe?

Your food is quite tasty.

Alisha @ Pink Spatulas     at 8:06 pm

Aw, poor Huey. He might look guilty, but I bet he’s quite pleased with himself!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries     at 8:06 pm

oh my, what a day! i think i would’ve been pulling my hair out. i hope tomorrow is better for you! :)

Ashley     at 8:13 pm

Those cute babies!! Ahhh!! So sorry about the card stuff…what a hassle.

Sana     at 8:47 pm

All the babies look so grown up!

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See     at 9:24 pm

Mmm I love soba noodles, but I rarely have them! Thanks for the reminder :)

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More     at 9:27 pm

So sorry about the wallet!

I’m glad to hear you got some quality mommies & babies time in. Hope it helped!

Alyson     at 9:43 pm

What a day! Bless. Those days happen to all of us, an they’re rotten when they do. Kudos to you for having a great attitude through it all—I hope the second batch of cookies smoothed some o the rough spots, and that nothing bad comes from Casey’s stuff being stolen.

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run]     at 9:57 pm

your new house is beautiful!! can we get a virtual tour? ;)

Carley     at 10:00 pm

That is so great that you are having your son with other little people and mamas for you to talk with!

Maybe they can play security tapes of people walking out the front door?! At any rate thank God for stellar customer service at most card companies these days.

Melanie     at 11:12 pm

LOVE the kitchen :) and the adorable mini ppl sitting on the couch (so funny!). So sorry to hear about your hubby’s wallet :(. That is a major bummer and saddens me.

brandee     at 11:14 pm

what kind of person breaks into a locker at the gym? No good. The new dishes look really good though…I love soba noodles!

Fabiana     at 11:33 pm

lol You actually made me laugh out loud. Oh Huey.

Michelle@PeachyPalate     at 11:34 pm

All the babies are so cute! That is hilarious about the cookies though! :)

Courtney@Translating Nutrition     at 12:09 am

I just have to tell you, I love your new kitchen!Looks like a great space for cooking and entertaining!

Maya     at 1:12 am

wow, what a roller coaster! Is sounds like you did amazingly under the pressure!

Jess     at 3:16 am

I’m sorry your day was so stressful! It seems like play group was a nice way to lift your spirits for a while. Don’t worry about rushing the recipe – we’ll enjoy it whether we get it tomorrow or next week!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 4:20 am

What a day! Sounds like you handled it better than I would have!

Simply Life     at 5:13 am

your entire home (from what we can see) is absolutely gorgeous!

Lee     at 5:22 am

Oh Huey! He looks so guilty in that picture.

Sara     at 6:02 am

When our dog was a puppy, she ate two large trays full of dog cookies! They were for her birthday present. I guess she wanted them early, ha. I was so disappointed. I had worked so hard to make them perfect … and then she ate them all at once while I stepped away for a moment!

Erin Hack     at 6:19 am

OMG, your kitchen is GORGEOUS! It pretty much looks like my dream kitchen. I can’t wait to try the amazing recipes you cook up there. :)

Emily @ Life on Food     at 6:37 am

That sounds like a stressful day. I hope things improve today. And the baby photos must make you smile.

Samantha     at 7:01 am

LOL! The Huey picture! Hopefully you didn’t have a long night of doggie bathroom trips which would have been my result.

Share the recipes later. :)

And I want to cry I want your kitchen so bad!

Jules     at 7:11 am

I hope Huey enjoyed the cookies!

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life)     at 7:15 am

Hanging out with other moms is the best because even if you didn’t have time to remake lunch and clean, they’d understand :)
Love the time lapse picture of the babies!!

But poor Casey :(

Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves     at 7:24 am

What a hectic day! It’s so frustrating to have something stolen. It feels like such a violation of privacy. I’m sorry that happened to Casey. And I’m sorry Huey ate your cookies!

Abby @ Change of Pace     at 7:26 am

Sounds like a bit of a rough day with some super cuteness thrown in there!
That sucks about Casey’s locker. And, is Huey ok after eating all that?!

Ashley     at 7:55 am

p.s. how much do you LOVE the white cupboards? i’m still obsessed with ours!

Hallie     at 8:24 am

Your kitchen is amazing! Looks like something out of my “dream kitchen” list! Jealous.

Curious, how did you find your group of Moms with kids all the same age?

I am in a MOPS group but our kids are different ages so not good for actual playdates.

Jessica     at 8:38 am

Is there a baby that the mom didn’t want photographed? When they are on the couch, there is part of a baby next to Cullen :)
Between you and Janetha, I feel better about my naughty dogs. Just last night they got into a bag of popcorn kernels. What.a.mess.
Can’t wait for the cookie recipe! And your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness     at 8:41 am

“Doggie Doom”: that’s a frequent destination for many great recipes for me too, thanks to our labradoodle, Lola. Her favorite? Homemade croissants. So glad she has a taste for the most time-consuming and painstaking recipes.

And those four little guys are so stinking cute I can’t even handle it!

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie     at 8:48 am

I’m so sorry you and Casey had to deal with that!! What a nightmare! But your house is STUNNING! Omg I love how you decorated!

Kathy     at 9:33 am

I think I know why Huey made quick work of your goods… he wanted some attention. LOL Since the addition of the wee one, moving, race season, and all things busy.. we haven’t heard much about the four legged babies on here. I think he just wanted to be seen and heard again. You know how pets LOVE to be fussed over. My big dog did the same thing, swiped everything that could be reached on the counter. Too funny.
Oh poor Casey with the wallet fiasco. Why do people feel the need to steal? Such a headache to make all those calls. I’m certain they will get caught. At least I hope so!!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama     at 10:09 am

Oh boy, what a day! I’m with Huey – cookies right out of the oven are very hard to resist!

What a headache about Casey’s wallet!

Julie @ Running and Riley     at 10:22 am

The little babes are so cute! That is awful that someone would go through that much work to rip a lock off and steal everything. I HATE calling all the companies and cancelling cards..it takes FOREVER!

Jessica     at 10:33 am

Can you share with us what you use on your countertops? We have dark granite countertops and it is so hard to keep them clean, especially using environmental cleansers — so frustrating! yours still look new and shiny; any suggestions are so appreciated!

kristen @ verbs and vignettes     at 11:16 am

oh wow. at least you sound surprisingly calm after such a problematic day! maybe it was the
mamas’ group keeping you sane. the cookie DOUGH looked delicious. I’d probably pick that over the cookies anyway. :p

Leah     at 11:28 am

I’m thinking it’s time to invest in the hipster wallet with the chain. That’s the 3rd theft I’ve heard about in recent days.

Is it wrong to workout with everything connected to one’s body by chain?

Alison (Fueling for Fitness) Reply:

No, I’m starting to think all of that will just add character to your work out. Seriously, I bring my bag everywhere with me now when I work out. Even at yoga studios… I try to pick a spot in the back so that I can lean my backpack against it. I just don’t trust anyone anymore :S

Amber K     at 11:35 am

That’s awful! I can’t believe someone would just rip the lock off like that. I hope you can get everything all together!

Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement     at 3:02 pm

Theft and fraud are serious problems here in South Africa, so I am surprised to see this in America (Seattle seems safe!). I came home from honeymoon to two of my bank accounts drained…to like 0.00. That caused quite a bit of tears. Lots of paperwork, time with the police, and 2 months later, I got my money back. Is there any cameras you can look at to see anything?

Kat     at 6:21 pm

I need a mommy group so bad, but it seems like there will never be a time to meet one.

ps- hope the pup is ok! that’s a lotta cookies

Maria     at 9:35 pm

Getting your stuff stolen is the absolute worst feeling ever. I had a suitcase stolen out of car about a month ago. I stuff in there was expensive, but luckily most of it has been replaced already. Good luck on the second round of cookies!

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Sesame Soba Noodle Salad.     at 9:36 pm

[...] was supposed to be cookies.  I baked them again, Huey ate them again.  I don’t want to talk about it.  Yes, I am a fool.  Moving [...]

Christine @ reikalein     at 10:22 pm

Amazing picture of Huey! He looks so ashamed, bless him!

What I love about the second baby picture is that the little girl looks a bit like she is groping both the boys either side of her and they look like they don’t mind one bit! Cute!

Kristina     at 5:36 am

Ahaha…Cullen’s face in that last photo is just amazing.

Erin     at 7:21 am

Ugh. What a crappy day. My wallet was stolen last summer, and it was SO FRUSTRATING. Especially since the perp only made off with $11 and a card for a free cookie. I wanted to scream “WAS IT WORTH IT, CHUMP?!” Such a pain to cancel cards, get a new driver’s license, etc.

I wonder if they redeemed for the free cookie…

Amykinz @ Foodie 4 Healing     at 3:00 pm

Emily,
I LOVE your end table! And we’ve been looking for end tables everywhere. Can I ask where you got it?

Pottery Barn!

Pure2raw twins     at 7:22 pm

OMG those pictures of the little ones are toooooo cute!!