For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Juanita Beach Fridays.

Since we were traveling for races last weekend, this was our first real weekend in our new house.  We’re just over the water from where we used to live, and while all of that is still very accessible, we also have some new territory to explore in our immediate area.

I’ve been reading and mapping, trying to figure out some spots we might like near our new house.  This past Friday was the opening night of the Juanita Friday Market, and so it was our first trip to Juanita Beach!

Casey was able to take the bus directly to the beach from work, so Cullen and I packed up and met him there.  He surprised me by showing up with Mother’s Day flowers!  What a sweet way to kick off a great weekend (pictured below once I got them home!).

The beach and park area has a really cool walkway that extends out into Lake Washington over the water.

The beach had lots of families and kids – swimming, digging in the sand, and sleeping on blankets.  Such a great spot for a sunny day!

I imagine Cullen and I will be taking lots of walks here this summer.  We will wave to downtown Seattle in the distance!

The park also has a huge playground, and we decided to give Cullen his first ride in the baby swings!

He wasn’t so sure at first, so we started off slow.

But within minutes he was cracking up and loving it.

I know I say it all the time, but he really does just keep getting more and more fun.  For so long I had looked forward to him being able to enjoy things like this, and now that it’s finally happening, it’s even better than I could have imagined.

Once the swings were old news, we checked out the market.  It was small, but I have a feeling it will get bigger later in the summer.  A good mix of crafts, food, produce, and other artists.

Casey and I were both already hungry for dinner, and we were excited when we saw this giant pile of veggies grilling…

Patty Pan Grill had good veggie options, as well as cute healthy messages geared toward kids – loved it!

Vegan bean tamales with grilled vegetables.  Out of this world.  Already looking forward to next Friday so I can eat this again!

A great way to start our first weekend in our new ‘hood.  It’s fun to have all the places we already know and love in Seattle, as well as new parks and spaces to find in Kirkland.  Back soon with our Mother’s Day fun!

Rose Rabbit     at 4:42 pm

What a great way to spend a weekend! Cullen is v. cute and that food looks yum. Can we have a new house tour? :) I am seriously in love with the glimpses I have seen of your kitchen. Would be great to have that much bench space!

Andrea     at 4:57 pm

I didn’t realize you moved to the Eastside! Fun. My husband works right there in Juanita Village :)

Kim     at 5:05 pm

Looks like a wonderful place! I am loving your new kitchen, cant wait for some cooking action shots in there!! :)
Yaaay Cullens first swing ride, so so so awesome introducing babies to new things, especially when they make them laugh! Nothing better than a baby laugh I reckon :)

Whitney     at 5:20 pm

Oh, how I love watching you explore my world! :) I grew up in Redmond (just a hop, skip, and jump to Kirkland) and I work 2 seconds from Fremont. Hope you are loving your new place on the Eastside!!!

Abby @ Change of Pace     at 5:59 pm

That beach park looks awesome! You and Cullen will have a blast walking there often in summer.

Alex @ Raw Recovery     at 6:23 pm

Happy for you that you got to spend Mother’s Day with two great guys :)

Elisabeth     at 7:07 pm

Hope you had a wonderful first Mother’s Day! (in that gorgeous new kitchen! ;) )

RachelSD     at 8:13 pm

Your neighborhood looks great! Glad you found a new place to hang on the weekend. :)

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More     at 8:58 pm

I think he likes the swing!

Kristen     at 10:02 pm

What a gorgeous day to head to the beach! Glad you enjoyed your first mother’s day…those flowers are beautiful :-) Cullen is too cute on the swing…love how his expressions let you know exactly what he’s thinking (‘you seriously want me to swing in this thing?!?’)

Emily @ Life on Food     at 3:17 am

I cannot get enough of that smile…you must adore it. Glad you got a chance to explore in the sunshine and those flowers are beautiful!

Bridget     at 6:16 am

I just made your almond butter coconut chocolate chip cookies this morning. They are really amazing, totally exceeded my expectations. thanks for helping me expand my culinary skills (and pantry contents!). Have a great day.

Leah     at 7:20 am

Amazing! I can’t wait until our farmer’s markets start again for the season in my area. We have a gap between winter and summer markets. :)

alex     at 5:58 pm

looks like you moved to Kirkland at just the right time! Will be so nice to enjoy those parks this summer!

Andrea     at 8:02 pm

Was the weather awesome in Seattle last weekend or what?!!! We were out and about in the area over the weekend to. It was almost… dare I say.. HOT?!
So glad you are getting accustomed to your new neighborhood.

Mallory     at 8:44 am

Hi Emily! I don’t comment much, but had to speak up about your recent move….we just moved to the Juanita area (after a couple years in downtown Kirkland and a couple in Seattle). I am excited for our first summer of walking to Juanita beach…we love it here. Hopefully you do too!

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Memorial Day Memories.     at 10:26 pm

[…] night was our weekly trip to the Juanita Beach Market – fresh flowers, vegan bean tamales, a Nutella banana crepe, and round on the baby swings.  […]

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Seattle Weekend.     at 5:19 pm

[…] so the weekend stretched into Monday.  Friday night was a family night at our favorite Juanita Friday market.  Can you believe that we still have what seems to be an endless supply of summer […]

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Moving To Magnolia.     at 4:40 pm

[…] headed down to our very last Friday night Juanita Beach market.  I’m sure we’ll go back at some point to visit with friends we made over there, but it […]

running shoes