For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

I have all these other things I want to tell you about – a sweet potato recipe, a one year postpartum post, and more – but life has limited my time at the keyboard this week.  And today, well – today is Halloween! – so we’ve been celebrating in style all day long.

Last year, Cullen was just 10 days old on Halloween.  He wore a pumpkin hat (made by my friend Lisa!), and I turned our light off because I couldn’t deal with trick or treaters and a newborn.

IMG_3477 (640x427) (2)

This year?  Totally different.

We’ve got a mini marathoner in the house!  I had so much fun putting his costume together this year.  I figure by next year he’ll probably want to pick his own, but for now mama gets to make him a runner.  :)

It’s amazing how something as silly and simple as a costume can brighten up a day.  I couldn’t help but smile and laugh at him all day long.  His ridiculous sweatband and tiny short shorts had both of us cracking up!

One of the reasons I picked this costume was that I knew anything involving an elaborate hood or headpiece wasn’t gonna happen.  He hates hats, and I didn’t want him wearing a headless costume.  I’m actually amazed that he tolerated the headband!  His long shaggy hair made it that much more ridiculous looking – I loved it.

I shared all the details about his costume over on Babble, but most of it came together with things we already had.  Just had to make a quick stop into American Apparel for the shorts and sweatbands.  Hopefully we have a baby girl someday who will appreciate the tiny purple shorts.

We spent our afternoon at storytime with friends.  It was fun to take him out of the house in his costume – it got a lot of laughs.  I was also shocked that he didn’t mess with the bib number – guess he was having too much fun to notice.

Tonight, we headed over to my friend Katie’s house so all the babies could play in costume together.  Sadly, the little sushi roll was sick, so she stayed home.  The boys club missed her!

IMG_1329

Just as it started to get dark, the runner and the pilot headed out in their Halloween chariot.  They both LOVED the wagon, and it really kicked the adorable factor up a notch.

It was funny to watch them trick or treat – they weren’t quite sure what to think of it at first!

After a few houses, they discovered how fun it was to choose candy from the bowl.  Honestly, I assumed all the trick or treating fun was still a few years ahead of us, but I had such a great night tonight!

Today has been so fun, and it just makes me that much more excited for all the holidays to come.  I might have to start dressing Cullen up more often!

We got home just in time for the big Halloween rush in our neighborhood. I bought three huge bags of candy and it is ALL GONE! I feel so bad – it is 9pm here and we still have kids knocking on the door and I have nothing left. Now I know for next year.  Hope everyone had a safe and spooky evening.

Lesley T.     at 6:52 pm

Adorable costumes on Cullen and his friends!

elizabeth     at 6:54 pm

Your boy has the best smile!
Looking forward to the sweet potato recipe, I have a whole box to use up.

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie     at 8:30 pm

Cullen is so cute!! What an awesome costume idea! I’m so glad you enjoyed your Halloween!

Megan S     at 9:16 pm

Emily, you might need to start warning us:)that is seriously so cute I can’t even stand it.

Cindy     at 9:24 pm

I never comment and am a frequent reader of your blog. I literally laughed out loud when I saw how insanely cute Cullen’s costume was. He could not be any cuter! Love it :)

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen     at 9:29 pm

Cutest costume ever! I’m not a big fan of Halloween, but looking at your pics I can tell that will change when I have kids someday!

kristin     at 9:30 pm

TOO FUNNY!! Cullen is adorable, as always! And he looks pretty enthusiastic- maybe it’s all the attention he’s grabbing? haha! Genius costume idea for a lil one! :) Glad you had such a fun Halloween!

lisa     at 5:15 am

Cullen looks so cute in the costume! Great idea and glad to see how much fun he had!

Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement     at 5:52 am

That costume! TOO CUTE. He looked adorable, it was homemade, and he was warm. We only had one trick or treater in our building…lame.

AMANDA     at 5:58 am

I dont usually comment, but have been a reader for a long time but I just had to say this now ( after thinking it for the past year ) You have the most beautiful little boy I’ve ever seen. He is just adorable and is gonna be such a heartbreaker!!

Thank you so much, Amanda! :)

Haley S     at 8:56 am

Cullen seriously has the BEST smile!!!

Alexis @ Hummusapien     at 9:44 am

Okay, hands down, cutest marathon runner I’ve ever seen!!That smile just kills me.

Emily J     at 3:16 pm

That costume is SOOO CUTE! He looks adorable and super funny at the same time. :)

Ashley     at 4:35 pm

This is the most adorable thing ever! What a great idea! I love his smile! So cute! :)

Carrie @ The Cook's Palette     at 8:53 pm

This may be the most adorable post ever. Those little purple shorts…gah! I bet Halloween is even more fun for you now that you have a little one!

Marian Schembari     at 10:02 pm

Dude, I’m not just saying this, but you have the most attractive child on the planet. That face!

Lani (@armytbonegirl)     at 2:01 pm

That is the cutest little runner ever!! What an awesome idea for a costume!!!

Christina     at 1:07 pm

His little costume is absolutely hilarious! I was literally laughing out loud.

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Cranberry Orange Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts.     at 9:57 pm

[…] one on us this year – am I right?  Thanksgiving feels SO early!  I swear I was making a Halloween costume last week.  I had a small panic attack last weekend when I realized that Thanksgiving is next […]

julienne peeler     at 11:00 am

Hi there, I want to subscribe for this weblog to get moswt up-to-date updates, so where can i do it plrase assist.

TonieWBalo     at 8:33 pm

Fantastic beat ! I desire to apprentice even as
you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a weblog site?
The account helped us a acceptable deal. I were tiny bit familiar on this your broadcast offered brilliant clear idea

running shoes