A Week of Barre3 for Free!

A few weeks ago I shared a post about my love affair with barre classes.  I think fitness is something that has to ebb and flow with life, circumstance, and age.  In my adult life, at various times I’ve been really into hot yoga, casual running, distance running, weight lifting, spinning, and now – barre!

Here in Seattle, I have mostly been going to the local Barre3 studios.  Aside from the great workout, the other major incentive that keeps me coming back to Barre3  specifically is the childcare!  It is so hard to find fitness centers with good childcare options, and having this has been such a big motivator for me.  Unfortunately, the only studio in our area without childcare is the one closest to my (current) house in Kirkland, so I drive to one that is about 25 minutes away.  This morning, I got an email that starting next week – the day after we move – the Kirkland studio will be offering childcare.  Of course, right?  Sad face for me, but happy that this studio will be even more accessible to other local moms now.

But back to the studio – I’ve been lucky enough to connect with people there who have kept me motivated and encouraged, and I know they are always excited to read about how many of you are enjoying the workouts too.

2013-01-06-15.53.57_thumb_thumb

After my last post, they got in touch with me after reading your comments – so many of you are interested in trying barre workouts, but are deterred either by the price or by the lack of accessibility to classes where you live.  So my friends at Barre3 reached out with a special promo just for Daily Garnish readers.  Here’s the deal!

For you:  Access a week of online Barre3 workouts for FREE!

barre2

Here’s some info about the online workouts, and what you can expect:

• Get long, lean muscles with barre3 online workouts.
  • For the price of one yoga class (regularly $15/month, but free for you this week!), you get access to over 80 online workout videos.
  • Stay balanced and fit at home. Perfect for nap time!
  • Workouts are easy to follow and range from 10 to 60 minutes.
  • Other benefits include: a toned upper body, strong core, lifted seat, and shapely legs.
  • No extra equipment needed.
  • Online workouts range from 10-60 minutes in duration and with over 80 workouts (and growing!), options are endless. We break our 30, 40 and 60 minute workouts into 10 minute segments, making it super doable and fun to create your own.

barre3

barre

How Does It Work?

Click here to get started with your free week of workouts.  You can get started whenever you like – it doesn’t have to be today!  (But the code must be redeemed by June 1st!)

Promo Code:  7daysbarre3

This is just something fun I wanted to share with you guys, since I love to spread the word when I find something I personally use and value.  This isn’t an affiliate link, and there is no kickback for me.  I hope some of you find it useful, and enjoy the opportunity to try something new!

And for my local friends, heads up that there is a new Barre3 studio opening tomorrow in the Roosevelt area!  To celebrate their opening week, all studio classes are FREE from Wednesday – Monday.  Now that we are moving back into Seattle, this will probably be my new home base – I can’t wait to check it out.

Happy barre-ing!

KB     at 11:22 am

Thanks, Emily! I’ve been intrigued ever since you first mentioned it, and I can’t wait to try it out!

Sarah     at 11:38 am

I can’t wait to check this out! I have an 11 month old little boy and I have been so inspired to get back into running and eat healthier through your blog. I’m thrilled about a workout option for nap time. I’ve also been so helped to see the coming stages of my little guy through reading about yours. Thanks!

Alicia     at 11:43 am

Awesome! I’ve been intrigued but have a super expensive gym membership and haven’t been able to justify trying a class. Thank you! Who knows maybe I’ll ditch the gym and switch to Barre.

Su     at 11:49 am

Thank you so much!

Amelia     at 11:50 am

Wohoo! So cool. Thanks for sharing Emily, and also to Barre3 For their generosity. I have wanted to buy the groupon that is being offered in Charleston, but didn’t know what to expect ($55 for unlimited month long classes compared to $220). I am just scared that if I happen to really like it, then my wallet may start to cry.

Thanks for the at home teaser to try!

Jacquelyn @justjacq     at 11:51 am

Wow, this is awesome! There is FINALLY a studio opening near me but this will tide me over until it opens!

Angi     at 11:51 am

This is fantastic! I’ve already been using the online videos for a few months, but I have a few friends who have expressed some interest and just haven’t pulled the trigger because they weren’t sure they’d love it – I’m excited to share this with them! Thank you!

Laura     at 12:01 pm

YES! I have been dying to try barre classes but there are none in my area! This is so perfect.. I will definitely be trying it.

Ashley N.     at 12:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this! I have been wanting to try this for awhile online as there is no studio locally. THANK YOU! Looking forward to it :)

Lindsay     at 12:14 pm

So fun! Can’t wait to try it.

Megan (The Lyons' Share)     at 12:19 pm

Thank you so much – can’t wait to try it!

Krystie     at 12:36 pm

Yay! Thanks for sharing, I love that they have a specific prenatal section. You’re the best ;)

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed     at 12:39 pm

I thought this was a contest and then I realized it was free for everyone! Yay :)

Kerry     at 12:44 pm

Woohoo! Thanks! I have been wanting to try out a Barre3 class after reading your reviews of it. There is a studio just down the street from me…But I’m a student and definitely can’t afford the price of going a couple times a week! Hopefully I’ll enjoy this and it will provide incentive to go to a couple classes a month at the studio.

Megan     at 12:54 pm

Thanks Emily! We don’t have classes near where I live. My friend has been doing the online classes and loves them so I was gearing up to check them out for a naptime workout at home. Now I am super excited to check it out for a week to see if it’s something I would like.

Julie     at 1:12 pm

Thank you so much for this offer! I have a 8 month old so this will be perfect for a nap time workout. Yay, exciting, can’t wait to try it!

Pam K.     at 1:14 pm

This is fantastic! I’ve been wanting to try Barre3 since they opened in Portland, but keep putting it off. I had a patient tell me about it several years ago. Thank you Barre3 & Emily! Can’t wait to check it out!

C.D.     at 1:21 pm

Thank you for the offer. Quick question, how do you modify the exercises performed on your back due to being pregnant? I realize you can do some standing up but definitely not all.

Kait Hurley Reply:

Hi C.D.

I work for barre3, and I can help you! You are totally right. We don’t recommend that women who are expecting lie on their back. Instead, try sitting up in a comfortable cross legged position and do more arm work and back body work. If you’re looking for more guidance, try our 40 minute Pre-Natal Glow workout her: http://www.barre3.com/videos/74. You can also email onlinesupport@barre3.com with more questions.

Hope that helps!

Jenna     at 1:36 pm

Thank you so much! I can’t wait to try it out!!

Heidi     at 2:14 pm

The online classes seem worth a try! I waited too long to sign up for the free Roosevelt classes, and they all seem booked, darn it. I should have jumped on that a bit earlier…..

Misha     at 2:27 pm

Thanks for sharing about Barre3. I live in Ravenna and have noticed the new store opening! When you get settled into your new place you should also check out Community Fitness. They are completely class-based and have two locations in the Ravenna/Roosevelt area (though no daycare).

Emily J     at 2:33 pm

I’m so excited! Thank you!

Linda     at 2:48 pm

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!! I am 32 weeks pregnant and have been looking for ways to stay fit and healthy during this pregnancy, especially since there are not many prenatal options in my area. This is a great addition to my routine :).

Lara     at 2:49 pm

Woo hoo! Thanks!

Allison     at 2:52 pm

Awesome!

Christy     at 3:53 pm

thank you!!!!!!!!

Gina     at 4:38 pm

Awesome! I didn’t realize they had online classes!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy     at 5:14 pm

Awesome! I believe I got this link in my email also – I bought a Barre3 DVD a couple of years ago, and I still get the newsletters. I love it!

Kristonlion     at 6:05 pm

Awesome! I live near Roosevelt but had no idea! And thanks for the online sample! I am SO excited I might do it right now!

Kaitlyn @ Keeping up with Kaitlyn     at 6:18 pm

YAY! This is awesome! We do not have ANY studios in my area and I’ve been wanting to try this!!

Jen G.     at 6:37 pm

Awesome! I’ve been wanting to check it out, but don’t have a studio in the area. I’m looking forward to trying this!

Meagan     at 6:59 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I so wanted to hit up some of those free Barre classes this week but I am booked up at all the free times! Oh well :) They always have to train new instructors right?!

Amanda     at 7:31 pm

Wow! Thanks so much Emily! This is awesome!

Amy     at 1:58 am

YAY!!!! Thanks so much! How long is the promo code good for? I’m going out of town for the holiday weekend and want to wait until next week to get the most out of my 7 days :)

Dawn     at 5:12 am

Awesome! I have exactly one barre DVD, so having more options (since there isn’t a studio nearby) would be excellent. And I’m definitely getting more into online workouts — they’re becoming really popular. As someone with a pretty consistent at-home routine and a lot of workout DVDs, having access to even more options online is fantastic. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to try this out!

brittany     at 5:48 am

Oh my gosh….I love you. Thanks Emily!!!!

*cue Oh Happy Day song*

You are a rockstar :)

Marie-Eve     at 6:06 am

That is awesome! I have been looking for a class after your last post, because it sounded so cool. But there is no bar class Montreal (shame on Montreal;). Thanks a lot! I am looking forward to try this :).

Kim     at 6:13 am

I’m also wondering how long the code lasts. I understand that you don’t have to use your free classes right away but is there a cut off to actually enter the promo code?

Thanks!

Sarah Reply:

It says by June 1st.

Catherine     at 6:52 am

I may try these videos just to compare them with my Barre Amped classes! I don’t know if I’m crazy but I swear after four classes, I’m seeing a tiny change to definition in my arms. And that’s with one pound weights!! Now if only my abs will catch up… these classes are no joke but I love how low impact they are. Thanks so much Emily for offering this!!!

Shannan     at 7:20 am

Amazing!! I can’t wait to try this out. Thanks so much!

sara     at 7:59 am

Thank you SO MUCH! I’ve been wanting to try barre classes ever since you started raving about them, but the nearest studio is over 30 miles away. This is perfect!

Kim     at 8:35 am

Awesome! I have been wanting to try the online workouts and this is perfect! I’ve been rocking Barre3′s first workout video since 2011 and I still love it. The closest studio to me is DC and I live way out in the VA suburbs–so regular in person classes for me is out. Thanks again!

AN     at 9:32 am

Thank you so much! I have been thinking about looking for a studio but I was a little shy since I am also expecting and have never tried it. This is the perfect way to try it out in the privacy of my own home. Thank you Emily!!! I love your blog!!!

Luv What You Do     at 9:35 am

That’s a great offer. I really want to get to the studio and try a Barre class.

Elle     at 12:13 pm

This is awesome! I’ve been wanting to try a Barre class, but unfortunately none of them work with my schedule. I love things I can do at home.

Amy Ramos     at 1:05 pm

Awesome!! I am always looking for new workouts at home to supplement with my boot camp classes. :-)

Thank you so much!
You look great!

Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life     at 5:48 pm

Thanks for sharing this! I can’t wait to check it out! I’ve been looking online for good Barre workout DVD as we don’t have any classes or studios in my area. Plus it’s nice to do at home when my 16 month old sleeps!

Amy @ Molly Learns     at 6:47 pm

Just did my first class. How awesome! Thanks so much. I read your posts and was jealous of the studio. . .we don’t have one close enough for me to attend regularly. The online classes are just the thing! Thanks!

Tiffany     at 12:31 am

I’m so glad you are loving barre! I started taking Pure Bare in Redondo Beach, CA in 2011 when my local studio opened and fell in love with the workout and amazing results! My backside is higher and tighter at 42 years old then it was in my 20′s! This technique works! It’s perfect for us women and all our trouble areas…arms, abs, thighs and seat. I got certified to teach in 2011 and have been a certified Pure Barre instructor since December of 2011! Let me say that never in a million years did I see myself teaching a workout class EVER so this shows you how much I love and believe in the technique! I highly recommend barre style classes to everyone! I’m a marathoner who also takes a ton of gym classes like RIPPED, Body Blast, kickboxing, etc, plus a ton of weekly runs, but barre has changed my body and my life! Everything in my body is tighter and more defined and those isometric moves kick your bootie! Highly recommend checking out this style of exercise! Zero impact but hugely effective! Keep it up girl!

Tiffany     at 12:39 am

Let me also say for those worried about judgement and feeling nervous that everyone is so focused and shaking through their own workout that you will never feel singled out. As an instructor I can tell you that in Pure Barre we put huge focus on new clients without embarrassment by encouraging and making sure the moves are being done correctly with hands on corrections. Anyone in the so cal area come visit me at Pure Barre Redondo Beacj! First class FREE! Try barre! It will change your bod and your life!

kristen @ verbs and vignettes     at 4:01 am

thanks, emily! i definitely want to try a free week online. honestly, i didn’t know anything barre was available online. and living where i do in jersey suburbia, i don’t think anyone’s even heard of barre yet. ;)

Meredith @ The Veggie Doc     at 6:08 am

Thank you for doing this for your readers! I don’t have a barre3 near me, but I have been doing Bar Method for 4 years. When I am away at med school, there are no bar classes whatsoever– I rely on the videos, so after this week trial I will most likely do the online monthly membership with barre3! Thanks so much again, Emily!

Leah     at 7:21 am

Thanks Emily! Huge fan of barre classes here in the Boston area (but I don’t get to go nearly enough because they are pricey (and I already belong to a gym and an MMA studio). (I know, I love variety).

Erika @ balancedspoon.com     at 10:54 am

I just signed up! I’ve always wanted to try barre classes but don’t have any in the area. Super excited! Thanks Emily!

Keri     at 12:09 pm

Yay! I’ve recently been forced to take a break from running and have been wanting to try Barre to accompany yoga and walking! It’s nice to get a feel for it at home before navigating a class around here. Thank you!!

Caroline     at 1:48 pm

Well, I signed up and entered the promo code and now I have 6 days left!! :( wish I hadn’t signed up until I knew I had the full week to try out the workouts…

Marina     at 8:51 am

Thanks so much for posting this! I’ve never been one for workout videos, but I gave it a try a few days ago and am LOVING it! I love how you can choose the length of time, too. I just tried a 10-minute workout and it was much more challenging than I was expecting. Who knew?

Thanks!!

Julie Reply:

At what point did you enter the code? I can’t see it anywhere and had to enter my credit card details to continue.

Marina Reply:

On the initial page where you sign up, I think there was a box that said “promotion code” or “coupon code” or something like that. I didn’t need to enter any credit card information. Hope that works!

Julie Reply:

Thanks! I guess I was too tired or something when I was trying because I can definitely see it now. I signed up for the month anyway & have done 2 workouts so far. I love it!

Caitlin     at 10:15 am

I’d love to win!

Julie     at 8:49 am

I just signed up but couldn’t see where to enter the promo code so I entered my credit card… I’m in Canada, is it only valid in the US? I’d love to try it for a week before I commit to a month, can I redeem the promo somehow? Thanks!

Julie Reply:

Never mind… It’s just my brain is not what it was before I had a baby! Haha!

Gigi     at 11:19 pm

Thanks for the information. I went there last Thursday and had a great time trying something new… For free! Everyone was really nice and it was difficult enough to be a good work-out, but not so much that I was too sore to walk the next day.

Barre3 | The Clean Project     at 8:47 pm

[...] to try something new to remotivate myself. It was perfect timing when I saw a free week offer on Daily Garnish for a week of access to barre3 videos [...]

vasoconstriction     at 12:53 pm

What i do not understood is in truth how you’re no longer actually much more smartly-liked than you might be right now.
You’re so intelligent. You recognize therefore significantly in the
case of this matter, made me individually believe it from so many varied angles.

Its like women and men are not involved
unless it’s one thing to do with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs great.
All the time take care of it up!