February.

Are you ready for the longest post ever?

It’s my favorite month of the year!  February brings the promise of spring, (slightly) warmer temperatures, lots of birthdays (including my own!), and plenty more.  This year, I’ve been looking forward to February more than ever.

I’m not gonna lie – January was kind of a doozy.  Our year started off pretty rocky, and the whole month was just…tough.  It started with some major issues between our dogs.  I’m not going to get into the whole story here (because I could type for days!), but since many of you have asked about it, I’m happy to provide some details.

Long story short – Indy has always been dominant of Huey.  They have just naturally fallen into those roles, and for the most part it has never been an issue.  They still cuddled together and spent all of their time together, and seemed to be the best of friends.  However, there have been times – going back as far as when we lived in Cincinnati – that Indy has acted aggressive toward Huey, and has growled and snarled in a protective way (mostly over food or toys).  But like I said, it never really amounted to much, and wasn’t a huge concern.  He has also always showed aggression and dominant behavior toward other dogs (that he doesn’t know).

When Cullen arrived, we worked really hard to incorporate the dogs into life with a little guy, and we were appropriately cautious with their level of interaction with him.  There were no issues, and as he got older I felt more and more comfortable that the dogs were very gentle and careful with him.  Honestly, it was surprising how well Indy in particular did with him.

Fast forward two years.  I spent the summer super pregnant and then Graham arrived in October.  Over Thanksgiving, my inlaws were visiting and Indy decided to get territorial over the attention he was getting from our new visitors.  He turned on Huey and ended up giving him a big cut on the leg.  Even more upsetting than that, Cullen and Graham were both in the room, and while the dogs showed no intention to harm the kids, Cullen was (understandably) petrified.  We have been working for months now to overcome this fear.

A few weeks later there was another incident that resulted in no injuries, but I still didn’t like that the aggression seemed to be escalating.  And finally, right after Christmas there was a major fight in our living room that left Huey in a cone for a week.  This was our tipping point.

Capture2

Like I said, Indy has never, ever shown any aggression toward kids or adults, but he has always been slightly aggressive toward other dogs (doesn’t do well at dog parks, kennels, etc.).  In the past, this seemed to exclude Huey, but perhaps as attention in the house became more constrained and he felt more competitive for it, and that changed.

With emotions very high and the safety of our children being our top priority, we considered re-homing Indy.  We looked into a lot of different options and ultimately decided that for now – we will make it work with both dogs.  The thing is – he’s not great with other dogs, but this pup is unbelievably sweet with the kids, and he is the world’s biggest cuddle monster.

Capture

And so we spent much of January finding a new rhythm and system that would work for everyone.  Within the house, our dogs are now separated from each other.  We have various baby gates and spaces in the house to give everyone enough room to roam, and I rotate them around all day long so that each dog gets to spend plenty of time with us.  Turns out, they actually seem much happier this way.  Without the need to compete for attention and worry about the other dog, they are both much more relaxed and well-behaved.  It makes me sad that they spent eight years glued to each other’s side, and now their contact is relatively limited, but it is what it is.

The time that they do spend together is their chance for exercise and fresh air.  I have let them out in the backyard together a bit (as neutral ground seems to be the safest), and I’ve started taking them for daily walks together again.  With all the excitement of going for a walk, who has time to start a fight?

I’ve made the commitment to getting them more exercise and stimulation, and so far I’ve been able to stick to it.  I either walk them during the day with both boys (which is a circus, let me tell you).  Or I wait for Casey to come home and I walk them by myself in the dark – whatever it takes.

dog walking

I don’t think all of this is because of our recent life changes, but I’m sure some of it is.  Like I said, the issue of Indy being dog-aggressive has always been there.  It just seems to be escalating a bit now that he’s getting older and our situation has changed a bit.  We also might look into some behaviorist training soon.  I don’t know if it’s sustainable over the very, very long term, but our dogs are also sort of old (sniff – they are 8 and 10), so I’m willing to do it as long as we can.  So that’s my short (but actually long) update on the dogs.  Whew!

So our year started off on a pretty sour note, with dog drama taking center stage.  Luckily, we have the world’s best dog sitter, and also had the opportunity to spend a few days out of town, which we desperately needed!

We drove down to Government Camp at the base of Mt. Hood in Oregon to spend three glorious days with some friends.  This was the view we woke up to every morning – pretty amazing!

Cullen was really scared of Huey’s cone, and was still feeling very anxious around the dogs at that point, so it was a nice relief to take him away for a few days and to go have some fun.  We went with one of his best buddy’s families, and they had a blast playing together.  There was tubing and sledding…

And mini snowman-making with the paltry inch or two of snow we had.  Toddlers didn’t seem to mind though.

It was our first road trip (4 hours) with both boys, and they were total champs.  Our car was packed to the gills with baby gear, and Graham was a very flexible traveler.  He spent much of the trip zipped inside my coat!

The Mt. Hood area was absolutely gorgeous, and I want to make it a yearly tradition to take some sort of family New Year’s trip now.  So many wonderful memories made, and the perfect way to wind down from the holidays.

As soon as we got back from our trip, Casey had to leave to work in Cincinnati for a week.  Being alone with the two boys is tough, and a week is a long time!  Thankfully, my best friend from home flew out and spent half of the week with us which was amazing.  She hadn’t been out here in almost two years, and it was so fun for her to see how Cullen has grown and to finally meet Graham.

Just as soon as Casey got back into town, I picked up and left a few days later!  Graham and I traveled all the way across the country to Connecticut.  I got to spend a few days catching up with this guy – my precious nephew, Jonah, who suddenly seems way, way too old.

And for us to get to meet his new baby brother – little Levi!  Graham and Levi are just 18 days apart – so amazing.  It was so wonderful to finally see and hold him, and I loved seeing the little guys together.

Even more fun – my mom and Sarah joined us too!  Grandma was in heaven with two little babies and a happy toddler.

We hung around the house all weekend just talking, playing with the kids, and relaxing.  I have to admit – four days with just a 3 month old felt like a breeze compared to my usual day to day.  It was wonderful.

That said, we really, really missed Casey and Cullen.  It felt so strange to be with Jonah and not have Cullen there to play with him!  But it was also nice to get some extra one-on-one time with him that I don’t typically get.

Our journey home was kind of a disaster.  One small runway delay led to a (narrowly) missed connection, and a downhill spiral from there.  Graham and I spent 15 hours traveling home through four different airports!

Capture

He was a superstar traveler, but it was a lot even for him.  I was starving, dehydrated, and so sore from carrying him for so long.  Silver lining though – at least I didn’t have a toddler instead (can you even imagine??), and one of the many perks of breastfeeding is that you never run out of baby food.  Also, our trip home ended up being so late into the night that he slept through a lot of it.  We made it home eventually!

Two days after our trip, Casey left to go to London for another week-long trip.  Major sad face.  It was a tough week and we missed him desperately.  The weekdays are typically okay, since we have a regular schedule and lots of social (kid) things planned, but being alone for the weekend was brutal.  It felt like Christmas morning when he came home!

And THAT – my friends – finally catches us up to…February!  Everyone is home, no one is traveling, the sun has been shining for a week, and the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl.  Life is good right now.

We spent our first weekend all together in a month (!) just laying low and enjoying the sunshine.  Indy and I went for a four mile run together, and I feel like I’m starting to finally get back into a good groove.  (Huey ran with Casey after I got back!)

indy running

We went to our friends’ house to watch the Super Bowl, and I’m pretty sure we had the world’s cutest mascots.  The Seahawks homecoming parade is today, and this city is INSANE right now.

20140202_095258(0)

I’m getting back to my Barre3 classes regularly now, and it feels great.  More on that to come soon!

20140204_141011

And so where January brought some growing pains, February is already shaping up to be a great month.  I’m working really hard to get back into regular fitness, get organized professionally, and to just get a better handle on things in general.  So far so good!  Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Two quick links!

1. Last day to enter the rockaRoo giveaway!
  2. And, finally – today’s Babble

Have a great day!

Sana     at 12:12 pm

I am so glad you are able to keep the pups with you. I am sure it’s a tough balance :)

Kelli     at 12:42 pm

I’m soooo happy you guys are working on the dogs . As amom
Of two kids and a 11 year old dog who wasn’t a fan oft he kids at first I can totally relate ! He has really grown to like them (7 & 8) good luck!

Sarah     at 12:46 pm

Loved the long update! Hope February brings lots of peace and joy to the Malone family!

Katie     at 12:46 pm

The moment I read “Are you ready for the longest post ever”? I poured myself a cup of a coffee & grabbed a muffin! haha Oh how I LOVE reading your posts. Thanks for always sharing. My In-laws experienced this type of behavior with their dogs too, and the vizsla ended up needing to get his throat stitched back up! Thankfully everyone was okay, but I think it’s really common as dogs get older! So great to hear everything is going better. You look great & yes those are some cute mascots!

Jola Reply:

Haha, I went to the kitchen and came back with a huge cup of piping hot peppermint tea!

Amanda     at 12:55 pm

So glad you guys figured out a solution for the dogs! Maybe eventually they’ll have more time together again in the house. And man you deserve a medal for that crazy return trip! Whew! Just the thought of experiencing that with a toddler gives me heart palpitations.

Kerry @ Kerry Cooks     at 12:56 pm

So pleased everything is working out with the dogs, it was such a shame to hear about their issues! What a packed month for you! And, breathe!

Emilia     at 12:58 pm

I am so glad to read this post! At the end of the post I felt like I went to lunch with you and got an opportunity to catch up with you. Thanks for sharing.

Kelsey     at 1:00 pm

I’m so glad you figured something out with your dogs! It’s difficult to deal with that many personalities in one house!

That whole traveling fiasco did not sound very fun, either! Have a great rest of the week!

Shel@PeachyPalate     at 1:04 pm

Nice to hear from you!! Sorry to hear about the ups and downs on the dog front, hopefully it all works out. I think it is great in the long run for kids to be around animals growing up. I wasn’t and wish I had of been as I had this unwarranted fear for years as a result.

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life     at 1:12 pm

Wow! Definitely seems like a crazy month! I’m so sorry to hear about all of the dog drama – I can only imagine how stressful that must have been for you all. At least it seems like you’re making the smart decision and doing what you can to fix the situation! I hope February is better for you!

Ashlee@hisnHers     at 1:13 pm

I went through the EXACT same thing with my 2 dogs last month. Same story…not aggressive with people, children, etc..It’s heartbreaking! We ultimately made the same decision, but I feel like one more incident would make us reconsider. I hope your solution works out for you!

Dina     at 1:19 pm

Loved your long post! Glad things are working out with the dogs. Seems like you guys are handling it very well and are doing what is best for your family. Hope everything works out! You look absolutely amazing!! Keep up the great work! Also, Cullen looks EXACTLY like you in that last picture with Graham!! :)

sarah k @ the pajama chef     at 1:24 pm

i’m glad you figured out something with your dogs! we have (had) cat issues… and for awhile, the only way we could all coexist was to separate them within our apartment. over time, we’ve worked up the amount of time they can be together, supervised. i know cats and dogs are different but i hope you have the same success we did!

Tiffany     at 1:25 pm

So great to get an update! Glad everyone is doing well and you guys are off to a better start of the month. You look great Emily!

Charli     at 1:30 pm

I just have to say – Graham cracks me up! His expressions are the best.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun     at 1:41 pm

Aww I know how difficult it can be with dogs. I’ve noticed during the winter my dog acts out SO much more – I think it is because my schedule has been crazy and I too have slacked on getting her the exercise she needs. It is amazing how much difference that extra hour so can make for dogs – keep us posted! Hope it works out.

Emily     at 1:46 pm

So happy to hear that Indy is sticking around! I can’t even imagine how hard that must have been. Happy February!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More     at 1:46 pm

I’m glad you guys were able to work things out with the dogs for now. I had a kitten who I eventually had to give to some friends (who had 2 other cats who he could play with) because my schedule was just too insane. Making that choice (after only having him for about 6 months) was REALLY HARD.

Holly     at 1:46 pm

Why not bring in a dog trainer? They can work on aggression issues in particular. I think that would give more peace of mind and make life more manageable long-term.

Candice Reply:

Agree! Training has helped SOOO much for us. It looks like you have labs (not sure) and they are generally easier to train, so it might just be a few things you have to adjust. Definitely worth the money in the long run.

Pamela     at 1:48 pm

glad things are working out with your dogs. Ours are the same. A father and son that used to be joined at the hip and cuddle all day. But both are anxious and getting older and grumpier. We’ve had 3 increasingly bad incidents involving emer vet visits and stitches. We now keep them apart 100% of the time. It was really hard and felt like a lot of shuffling at first, and I know our friends think we are crazy. But it gets easier and seems “normal” now. Hope things cont to get easier with your dogs too.
Cullen and Graham are beautiful!!

Steph     at 1:52 pm

I very rarely comment on blogs, but this update really hit home with me. I have a dog with a similarly aggressive past. We have a 6 month old who is just really kicking up the mobility, and this is a good reminder to be cognizant of our dog’s needs and our baby’s. My husband also travels a LOT for work, so I feel your pain on that – it is not easy being on your own with little ones for so long. Glad to see you back into blogging – I really enjoy your updates and hope to see more of them as life settles down for everyone!

Emily     at 1:54 pm

I hope everything continues to go well with both dogs. What a challenge with two kiddos at home, too. We had to put our dog to sleep (he had inoperable cancer) when Avery was just a couple of weeks old. The rollercoaster of emotions in our home was insane, to say the least.

What a busy time for you guys. Hope Feb continues to be a peaceful respite.

Kaelin     at 3:35 pm

I am happy to hear you are working on things with your pups. It’s so sad to think one would have to find a home elsewhere. Exercise does wonders for human and animal minds! Keep at it :)

Also, I spy a Butler t-shirt! I am from Indy, living in Iowa now. My SIL is an alumna. Its always nice to see reminders of home. Yay for barre classes and running, too!

Jessica @ RunYourMuttOff     at 3:56 pm

I am SO glad you’re working through/around the issues you’ve had with the pups. Volunteering in dog rescue, I see a lot of surrendered dogs and it breaks my heart.
One tidbit (take it or leave it) – We have an older dog (he’s about 12) who has become a lot more snappy towards one of our younger dogs as he’s aged. We’ve had him on glucosamine for a while but took him to the vet and have added a couple pain management meds too (he’s exhibited joint pain, arthritis, back issues as he’s aged). He’s still territorial but his snipping has decreased a lot; he generally seems more content. Just wanted to suggest making sure Indy doesn’t have any additional medical issues that could be contributing to his mood and behavior.
Good luck, I hope the pups continue to be happy, thriving members of your family!

Linda     at 4:01 pm

No idea what breeds the dogs are but Huey looks like he might be part Lab. They are such loving dogs. I grew up with so many dogs and cats and they always got along. I lived in the country and there were no house pets. We always had a German Shepard and the cats would sleep on one in the winter time. So sorry you are having the trouble with Indy. The boys look happy and healthy. Think mama might be tired.

Melissa     at 4:27 pm

So glad January worked it self out! I felt like ours was a roughy start to the year too! Major props for taking both boys and boys (dogs) on walks! I can take our vizsla and our little dog with one our 12 month old in the stroller and my prego belly and that’s a challenge! Someone always wants to stop and chat or ask questions about the dogs and they start going in opposite directions ! Lol. Hope February is fabulous!

Shannon     at 4:28 pm

Emily…I have been following your blog for a LONG time. I never comment but I always enjoy your posts. We have been on a simimlar journey and timeline with pregnancies and breastfeeding and running {I’m a long distance girl too!}. The world has become so SMALL and the internet so AWESOME. Your nephew Jonah goes to school with my kids in Connecticut?!?! I couldn’t help but comment! Just to say, what a strangely small and wonderful world your blog just made me feel we live in! Cheers to a wonderful February! :)Shannon (in Connecticut!)

I am just now realizing I never responded to this (after mentioning it to my sister on the phone!). HOW CRAZY is that??? I can’t believe they are in class with Jonah. TOO funny! And sounds like an amazing school from what Rebecca tells me. Love it!

Samantha     at 4:31 pm

I have done the dog rotation, you will be surprised I think how much it just becomes a part of your life and that is great it has reduced their anxiety level. It is always amazing to me the dog communication that us humans just never see.

A friend of mine with all labs (up to three dogs at one point) + one baby had a lab that was in a cage muzzle in the house for years. Most of his aggression was towards dogs.

Mt Hood is on my list! What great photos!

Elisabeth     at 6:04 pm

Love reading your long posts! I always know when I read one of yours that it’s going to be actual quality writing. So glad you’re back posting more often :)

Alex @ Kenzie Life     at 7:42 pm

I thought about you when the Seahawks won. I’m a Denver native but not really a football fan, however, because the Broncos were in it, I *had* to support them…and the one time I wear my orange jeans and borrow my best friend’s Dad’s Elway jersey, we get annihilated. The Seahawks totally deserved to win and I’m joining the rest of my city dealing with the shame from such a terrible, terrible beat down. I hope you got to join in the celebrations because Seattle deserves it, no doubt. Also, I’m sorry to hear about the situation with your dogs. I think anyone who has read your blog knows you really love your pets. I hope things work out but I’m sorry it’s been such a stressful time.

Emily     at 7:44 pm

I don’t care how long your blogs are. I love how real and sincere you are. It is a joy to read your posts and I look forward to them. Thanks for always keeping it real.

anne     at 7:56 pm

Thanks for sharing :), I’m glad that the dogs are better now- that’s a tough situation. Graham is just about the cutest baby I’ve ever seen!! He just takes over every picture :).

Mere     at 8:27 pm

I am going through the same thing with pets – only with cats. They have always tolerated each other but the aggression has escalated over the last 2 months. And no major household changes (I do not have kids, and they are both spoiled). I had the vet out as she thought it could be thyroid or diabetes. It might be worth a check with the dogs? Mine turned out negative. So I am wondering if it is the addition of a bird feeder in the yard that has turned on hunter instincts? That would be weird but it is literally the only thing that has changed.

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs     at 4:12 am

What a recap! I’m so glad that things with the pups are working out!

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life)     at 4:22 am

Whew, what a month! The bright news is that February has to be better, as evidence by it’s start already :)

I’m nervous to see what life with two will bring my way n a few short months. I know I need to think about it at some point, but I just can’t get there yet…

Rachel Wilkerson     at 5:26 am

That sounds like such a tough month, but I’m glad things have turned a corner! Happy February!

Beth     at 6:24 am

Sorry to hear about the dogs scuffling. My German Shepherd started having issues with other dogs at about that age, and it turned out she had arthritis and was in pain, so she didn’t want other dogs around her. Certainly something to keep in mind, but I’m glad your separation plan is working!

Hope     at 6:53 am

Did I miss the giveaway winner announcement? I thought it was supposed to be announced yesterday?

Also, I’m sorry about your troubles with the pups. I’m glad it all seems to be working out ok now!

Kelsey     at 7:30 am

I know that was hard to write about your dogs, but thanks for sharing! My very first dog had a very similar issue with dominance. It was a very emotional time because even though he could be aggressive at times I still loved him to pieces. It’s nice to know that someone has gone through the same thing. You’re doing a great job with them! Keep up the good work :) PS. We now have a dog named Indy — funny!

Georganne     at 7:37 am

So happy to hear you are keeping the pups! We have two dogs and one is definitely more dominant. Over the years, they have had their fair share of fights (none that ended in blood yet, thankfully). We now have a 14 month old boy and they are great around him…just not always around each other, especially when food is involved. And now that we have a toddler dropping food often, they fight constantly it seems. On days when I’m mentally drained, exhausted and my toddler is testing my limits, I think we should find a new home for the dogs. But then I remember they were our babies before our human babies and so we try to make it work. Exercise definitely helps. We have also made it a point to give them 10 minutes of play or snuggles every night after the baby is in bed. It’s hard, but happy to hear you are committed to making it work!

Christy     at 7:47 am

I’m happy you found the best situation for you and your dogs! I’m a new mom (to a 3 week old tomorrow!) and I see that you are using a front carrier with Graham in your picture! I have a Baby K’tan and an Ergo and while I love both, it’s so cold outside to walk right now, and my coat won’t zip up over either carrier to keep our baby girl warm. Did you get a bigger size coat so that it would zip over the carrier? Any suggestions??

Lara     at 8:26 am

Thanks for the puppy update. I really feel for you because we have always had similar tensions between Lulu and Pippa. Pippa is the dominant one and they have had a handful of pretty bad fights (not involving humans, exactly like you guys). I have always said we are 100% committed to making it work UNLESS G’s safety comes into question. So far it hasn’t. Way to go for making it work!

Betsy     at 8:31 am

wow, your January does sound insane. I hope February goes much, much smoother for you and your family. I’m glad you were able to take a little family trip in there, it looks beautiful!

Jess     at 8:49 am

You all look great! Casey looks great with his hair longer too — saw on Twitter you’re sick, so sorry to hear that and hope you are feeling better soon, mama!

Vks     at 12:28 pm

As a fellow dog-owner and mom, thank you for sharing this! We’ve had some similar struggles and have found that behavior management strategies we learned from working with a behaviorist as well as lots of extra exercise have helped us find a happy place. Our two still aren’t the best behaved on the block, but they do well considering their background and individual temperaments.

I hope you will be able to work with a behaviorist! We found it SO SO helpful in understanding our dogs’ behavior and how we could manage it to make them as comfortable and secure feeling as possible.

Also for anyone who is reading and might be looking for more information on a happy home with dogs and kids, this site is amazing: http://www.dogsandbabieslearning.com/ She’s a dog-trainer based in San Diego who write mostly about children and dogs getting along. We have had a lot of trouble with our niece and our dogs (they are terrified of her) and the non-magnetizing/”be a friend to dogs” strategies have worked well in modifying her behavior around the dogs and helping us not magnetize our 9 mo old son to our dogs, creating future issues.

I hope things continue to go well. It sounds like you’re headed in the right direction!

Leah     at 1:02 pm

Oh, airports! Wonderful post (I was wondering about the dogs). And ahhhh snow. We finally got a REAL storm yesterday with just over a foot. No work and skiing with hubby (right out our garage to the trails…it was before anyone plowed).

I start to travel next week and I have not taken any barre since November. I’m going on a yoga retreat this month though so that should be a challenge (and rewarding experience).

Having one spouse that travels is tough (and I’m the travel one). It’s not easy.

Anyway, keep the posts coming…even if less frequent if need be. We all understand!

Andrea     at 2:30 pm

Glad to hear the dog issue is at least attainable. Our dog can NOT stand one our cats, no prob with one, loathsome of the other, its weird. We just moved into our new house last week and we haven’t had a problem- so much more space!!!
As for the parade- we attempted to go. We are in the south sound area and were going to take the Sounder train in… ha ha ha… went to the Auburn transit center. The line was snaked around the whole courtyard and the trains? The trains were already FULL coming up from Tacoma! Insanity. We left and went back home to enjoy it on the t.v. in the warmth of our home. lol

padma     at 2:48 pm

I don’t know how you do it. 2 kids and 2 dogs! You’re awesome! January was definitely a busy month, but February seems to be flying by too!

diane     at 6:30 pm

I know of a great dog trainer in Seattle if your family decides to go down that route.

You should check out Hood River/White Salmon esp in the summer time. If you enjoyed Mt Hood in the winter, you will definitely enjoy the local Columbia River gorge towns! Tons of outdoorsy family activities, great food, breweries, wineries… all with beautiful views of Mt Hood, Mt Adams and the Columbia River.

Meagan     at 10:35 pm

Thanks for the update :) I’m glad you’ve found a new groove. And I agree, the city IS nuts right now!

Ellie     at 6:22 pm

I’m so happy to hear you have worked out a manageable situation with the dogs. I was sad to read about the difficulties you were having with their interactions and I hope that it continues to work out. My dog definitely became less tolerant of things that bothered him as he aged.
Sorry to ask such a prosaic question but I absolutely love the workout pants you’re wearing in that picture – do you know what brand they are?

They are one of the Lululemon running capris! Bought them last year, not sure what style.

Emily @ Life on Food     at 3:59 pm

Woah what a month! Good luck with the dogs. My husband travels too. It is hard for me and I don’t have two little kids. I don’t know how you do it.

Sally Mae     at 4:29 am

I love how honest this post is. I try to figure out what life will be like with baby #2 (even though I’m not even pregnant yet!) Ups and downs I suppose…just like with the first little guy. Confession: I did get rid of my dog after kiddo #1 was born. I just couldn’t take the behavior problems and the added responsibility. I give you a lot of credit for making it work for your family.

No apologies! You have t take care of your kids first and foremost. Life happens!

Meaghan     at 7:21 am

Emily– Loved this post and I’m so happy to hear everything is shaping up for you guys. By the way, you have totally gotten me hooked on Barre!

So happy to hear it!! :)

Katie     at 9:57 am

Is this the Lodge at the Government Camp? I need to add this my list of places to stay when I move to the west coast next year.

Yes! It was so beautiful!