For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

February Flowers!

This post is sponsored by The Bouqs Company.  Thanks for your continued support of Daily Garnish!

It’s February!  My favorite month, and not just because it happens to include my birthday.  I love February because it is short and sweet, means all the New Years madness is behind us, and it usually brings the promise of spring.  And also – Valentine’s Day!

We have been married for seven years now, and together for almost 12 (how!?).  With two little kids and babysitters few and far between, we don’t get out for romantic nights very often (or really, ever).  So we do our best to plan at-home date nights, special meals for just us, or cozy movie nights on the couch together.  The idea of romance can mean so many different things at different stages of life!

We aren’t huge celebrators of Valentine’s Day in our house, but it’s always nice to do something sweet and simple just to say I love you.  And while of course you can do that anytime, Valentine’s Day is a timely opportunity to keep romance fresh and alive.  And nothing is more fresh than gorgeous freshly-cut flowers!

We got a delivery from The Bouqs Company this week, and I couldn’t wait to see what was inside when I arrived home to find the box on my porch.

I first learned about The Bouqs Co. when I saw them on Shark Tank a while back, and then we used them for some of our holiday arrangements a few years back.  They are different from the traditional florist service in a number of ways:

• The Bouqs Company is a flower delivery service that’s easy, fresh, and beautiful – flowers are cut the day you order and shipped the next day, so they should keep their freshness and last longer!
  • The flowers are shipped directly to your door from the farms, with super fast, on demand, same day delivery in some locations.
  • All flowers are grown at sustainable, eco-friendly farms that follow strict responsible farming practices and are 3rd party certified by and The Rainforest Alliance.
  • There is flat, affordable pricing – no upsells or hidden costs, and competitive prices on arrangements.

My mom was a florist for many, many years and when I was in high school I worked in her shop as an assistant. Twenty years later I am still incredibly picky about flowers!  I can’t stand bad arrangements full of died carnations and mini balloons.  What I love about the flowers from The Bouqs Co. is that you get exactly what you see in the picture – no swaps or filler flowers that take over the arrangement.

The flowers come wrapped up nicely within the box, ready for you to trim and arrange them yourself into a handcrafted arrangement.  It was so fun to pull out my scissors and find my inner florist again.

I chose the Lavendaria bouquet, because there is nothing quite as pretty as classic roses (and purple roses are my absolute favorite!)

The blooms were slightly open and such a beautiful, vibrant color.  And the smell took over our living room in all the right ways.

There is no question that I got my love of flowers from my mom.  She always taught me that fresh flowers can transform your space at home, and I wholeheartedly agree.  There is something so special about having a gorgeous arrangement on the table!

Many thanks to The Bouqs Company for this early Valentine’s treat as we kick off February.  If you’d like to send beautiful flowers to someone you love this year, use the code DG20 to get 20% off your order!

Happy February, friends!

Dad     at 9:40 am

I’m glad you have good memories of your mom’s flower shop days! I remember you helping, and Sarah playing in dirt piles! I’ ve not heard of this flower provider, but if they deliver in Cincinnati, I will be a customer. You look good!-Happy Valentines Day…love. Dad

Sana     at 10:31 am

I totally buy myself some flowers more often to brighten up my desk/workspace :)

It makes such a difference!

Leah G.     at 10:55 am

Purple roses are so special!

Is that a Stitch Fix shirt you’re wearing in the photo? :)

It is — good eye! One of my favorites!

Deirdre     at 4:05 pm

Hi Emily! I am a huge reader of your blog and you are quite honestly my favorite blogger. I do not in any way mean this disrespectfully, but I was a little disappointed in this post. Not the sponsorship company but because you haven’t posted often, that the time you did it was sponsored. I know you are very busy but I look forward to your posts. I know you mentioned doing a playroom overhaul post and I’d love to read that! Just would love to see more of your content. Thanks for listening.

Totally appreciate this, Dierdre! I know exactly what you mean, and I will move the playroom post up the list. I don’t like to do the “we are so busy” thing because I know everyone is, and it’s all about perspective. But in reality, we are moving our kombucha production space to a new (much bigger!) shop, and it is A TON of work, with very little outside help. I’m also finishing up a new blog design, and was holding off on some previously planned posts so that they would go live after that launch (because it will be so much better!). Always good to hear that you want more though! Thanks for the constructive feedback. :)

Anonymous Longtime Reader Reply:

I rarely comment but just to jump in on this thread… overall I actually tend to like your sponsored posts as much as any other post because, unlike most (any?) other blogger you really seem to put a lot of effort into making them relevant to your life, almost weaving it into posts that could otherwise stand completely on their own. I know I read comments from some folks who mentioned they didn’t appreciate that style because they felt it took away from the heartfelt post they were reading before the sponsorship bit, but I actually really liked that you did it like that! ..Especially when compared to this post that really was almost totally just about the flower service.
Anyways, I know you can’t possibly please everyone but I know I’d seen many people comment negatively about the way you handled sponsored posts so figured I’d toss my 2 cents in :)
Ultimately I actually kind of like sponsored posts because I really enjoy reading your perspective and I’ve found some cool products to incorporate into my own life as a result of reading about them here (Naturebox, Bombas..)! I do agree with some of what Deirdre was saying above though, that this post seemed pretty short & to the point for a sponsored post in the midst of not many other recent posts.
Anyways, I hope this came across the way I intended and apologize if it didn’t! All the best and enjoy your flowers :)

Michaela Reply:

I’m a long-time reader and I’m disappointed too, but only because I constantly hope you’ll get back to blogging regularly and posting recipes, and not sponsored posts. Living in Australia means I’m just not interested and it feels like every time I check in, it’s another sponsored post.
I just really hope that the overhaul you’ve promised will happen!

Anne Weber-Falk     at 6:53 am

Beautiful flowers in such a lovely pitcher. Please would you tell us about the pitcher? Where did you find it? What is it? The arrangement was made nicer by the vessel holding them. Thank you.

Jennifer     at 3:38 pm

Those flowers are stunning! Coincidentally, I ordered movie tickets for tonight on Fandango and after I paid, I got an offer for a free bouquet from The Bouqs! So I went to their website and had a choice from a bunch of different bouquets and all I had to pay was shipping. After seeing how beautiful yours were, I can’t wait to get them.

Bailey     at 9:24 am

Hi Emily,
I saw your review about the Bouqs a few years ago when you used them for the table arrangements.
I have been using them ever since and LOVE them, So do the many women in my life.
Bouqs makes it so easy to make the people in your life feel special.
Thank you for the sharing that sponsored post. I have learned about a lot of great products from your sponsored posts and I am never offended by them. :) (Long time reader support)
I would highly recommend them to anyone who want to try them out.
Take care,
Bailey

Jennifer     at 9:17 am

I love Bouqs and use them all the time. Unfortunately I just tried to use your code and it didn’t work, said it wasn’t valid on overnight but I scheduled my bouquet to be delivered on Saturday and in your post it didn’t say anything about restrictions. Just wanted to let you know…

Jen     at 11:18 am

I rarely comment. I love your blog and look forward to reading your posts. And honestly if I do not like one of your blogs due to content (I do not have boys, small children and am not a vegetarian) or if I am not into your sponsored post I just move on. Since your blog is free to me and I pay nothing I in turn take what you put out there. If it is not for me I move on. I of course look forward to a post that is relevant but I understand they cannot all be relevant.

Good luck with all of the growth and business changes. How exciting!

Melissa     at 1:42 pm

The color of those flowers are absolutely beautiful and I’m such a big fan of the shirt you’re wearing here, I love the colors!

running shoes