For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Healthy Peanut Sauce & Tofu Marinade.

It’s amazing the difference a good sauce can make.  Just a few simple ingredients whisked together can suddenly transport a dish from Asia to Italy – and generally, it all comes down to sauce.

As a self-proclaimed peanut butter addict, it should come as no surprise that peanut sauce is one of my favorite indulgences to find on a restaurant menu.  I use the world indulgence, because unfortunately most of them need to be just that.  While absolutely delicious, peanut sauce is right up there with alfredo – known for being one of the highest calorie and fat sauce offenders on restaurant menus.

My favorite dish in all of Old Town comes from Mai Thai restaurant, and is called Pa Ram Jae – sautéed tofu in a light yellow curry sauce on a bed of steamed watercress topped with peanut sauce.  It is so rich and delicious that it can only mean one thing – it is not even remotely healthy.

While I do like to treat myself to Pa Ram Jae every now and then, more often I choose to make my own back at the house.  With just four simple ingredients, you too can make delicious, healthy peanut sauce…

Four-Ingredient Healthy Peanut Sauce (& Tofu Marinade)

Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup peanut flour (or PB2)
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
  • 3 tbsp water

To Prepare:  Before we dive into the preparation, let’s talk for a minute about a few of the ingredients.  I’ve gone into great detail about my love for peanut flour before.  And just for you folks that don’t have Trader Joe’s – look what I found!  Trader Joe’s Peanut Flour – now available from Amazon.  Yes, it is slightly more expensive than it costs in store, but that part is out of my control.  If I could buy it and ship it to all of you, I promise I would.  For now, at least there is an online option!

I have also received a few questions about another ingredient I use quite often – liquid aminos.  What exactly is this stuff?  Liquid aminos is an unfermented substitute for soy sauce, that is slightly lower in sodium than traditional soy sauce, as well as higher in amino acids and minerals.  The most commonly seen bottle is Bragg’s.  If you don’t have this, soy sauce or tamari are both similar substitutes.

Okay, so onto the sauce!  Now comes the easy part.  Dump all four ingredients, plus water, into a bowl and whisk to combines!

Viola!  Delicious peanut sauce – as easy as that!

Now what to use it for?  Honestly the possibilities are endless…

• tossed with udon noodles
  • poured over an Asian stir-fry
  • salad dressing
  • dipping sauce for veggies
  • or TOFU MARINADE!

A few weeks ago I took a poll on Facebook, asking readers what they would like to see more of on Daily Garnish in 2011.  I was so excited to see the number of people looking for more ways to enjoy TOFU!  And it doesn’t get much better than tofu with peanut sauce.

To get started, first make sure to check out the original tofu tutorial, since we will be following the same process here.  Press tofu under cookbooks for 10-15 minutes in order to remove excess moisture.

Then heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat and add a tsp of sesame oil.  Once the pan is hot, add the tofu and arrange in a single layer.

Flip the tofu several times until it is starting to brown on all sides.

Since the peanut sauce is pretty salt-heavy, you can skip the salt & pepper step from the original tutorial.  Once your tofu has good browning, it’s time to add the sauce.  Make sure your pan is really hot, and get ready to work quickly.  Pour the sauce onto the pan…

IMG_6590 (427x640)  IMG_6594 (426x640)

And then quickly stir, stir, stir!

It will get very sticky and thick almost immediately.  Once all the sauce is in the pan, keep stirring and remove the pan from the heat (so that the sauce doesn’t burn).

The end result is crispy tofu cubes coated in thick, rich peanut sauce.  Doesn’t get much better than that.

This tofu is wonderful all by itself, served over noodles or rice, or even thrown on top of a colorful salad…

Make sure to make a little extra sauce to use as salad dressing!

While traditional restaurant peanut sauces need to be saved for special occasions, this healthy alternative is something you could make several times a week.  Not that I would know…

Enjoy!

Kristy @ KristyRuns     at 4:51 pm

Can’t wait to try this! I made awful baked tofu a few days ago because the marinade was horrible! This looks much more promising! After successfully making your black bean burgers, you can do no wrong! :)

cathy b. @ bright bakes     at 4:51 pm

oh my! I’ve been wanting to make peanut sauce with my TJs peanut flour ever since I bought it…but so far had just been too lazy to play around with ingredients…thanks for taking the work out of it for me! :) Can’t wait to try this…
love,
cathy b. @ brightbakes

Therese     at 4:52 pm

After I practiced your tofu tutorial I decided never to try another way again! I LOVE how it turns out!

Stephanie     at 4:54 pm

If I use an all natural peanut butter rather than flour, do you know how much I would use for this? It looks delicious and would be perfect for my salads right now!

Shannon     at 4:55 pm

I’ve been looking for an easy peanut sauce with few ingredients… I’ll be trying this SOON!

Kelly     at 4:56 pm

I love peanut sauce, but my version has just a two Tbsp. of peanut butter for several servings so it’s pretty healthy too. I really need to put it on tofu now that I’ve won Brad over to eating tofu too. I’m definitely going to try your PB sauce version too!

Lee     at 4:56 pm

Oh wow, this looks great. I love peanut sauce.

hippierunner     at 4:58 pm

This looks so great! I’m sure my boyfriend would love it! I have all the ingredients and can’t wait to make it! :)

Blog is the New Black     at 5:00 pm

While I don’t love tofu, I think I might with this sauce! And such an easy recipe…

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 5:01 pm

Awesome recipe! I also love peanut sauce but have never tried to make it.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 5:05 pm

I am a peanut flour lover for sure! I was not a fan of peanut sauce years ago when I had it, but I feel like I should give it another shot. You have convinced me to give it a go.

Jo     at 5:06 pm

Peanut sauce is amazing – thanks for sharing this. Definitely only the list of things to make in the near future! It would also be delicious on rice noodles!

Cristen     at 5:06 pm

Thanks for the quick explanation of what liquid aminos are! I like that they are lower sodium than soy sauce. I’m going to have to check them out.

Abby     at 5:07 pm

This is so funny- I bought tofu and am planning to make it for dinner tonight, as per your tutorial! I checked your blog to read over the recipe one last time before I dive in and you just posted this. It must be fate! haha. And, hopefully a sign that I’ll like tofu ;)

JL goes Vegan     at 5:08 pm

I’m cuckoo for tofu! And I love your vegan recipes, so this one makes me super-excited! It looks amazing!

I’ve been out of town and backlogged on reading blogs so I have a couple of late questions/comments for you.

Question: I didn’t comment on your calorie counting post (I’m in the camp of not counting, FYI) but I’m curious, since you’re advocating it, are you considering adding calorie counts to the recipes you post?

Comment: Yay on your decision to keep going with controversial posts! I look forward to more posts from you that push the envelope. That’s how we all learn and share ideas. Go, go, go!

Welcome back! :) A few people have asked me about adding calorie counts to recipes, and it’s definitely something I’m considering. The hard part for me would be determining what constitutes a serving size. It would be easier for things like baked goods that are clearly individual servings.

JL goes Vegan Reply:

LOL Yeah, that’s what scares me! What some might say serves two…I say it serves ME ;) Just kidding (sort of…hehe)

Thanks for the reply — I was just curious to how you might approach it.

Exactly. I tend to eat much bigger portions than most people!

lani Reply:

take a cup and 1/2 worth and see what the calorie count would be…if its too high, try a cup

Melissa @ HerGreenLife     at 5:08 pm

I’ve never tried peanut flour, but I might have to get some for the express purpose of making peanut sauce. In the past, I’ve just used peanut butter, but the already thick and sticky consistency makes it difficult to combine with other ingredients. Next time I visit TJs. . . .

I totally agree, not to mention the huge difference in health stats!

Tiffany @ Conor & Bella     at 5:10 pm

Definitely can’t wait to try this!

Freya     at 5:11 pm

YAY for that sauce! I’ve been making a version of that and putting it on baked tempeh – soooooo good! I just need to stock up on my PB flour..its not sold on UK amazon :(

Ahh boooo. And here I thought I had covered all my bases!

Kamaile     at 5:18 pm

Thanks for the recipe, this looks great! Funny, I ALWAYS use my Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone book (and a couple others) to smash my TOFU!

Haha yes, such a heavy cookbook! A multi-purpose tool. :)

Ashley@quasichick     at 5:19 pm

This looks so yummy! I wish I had a Trader Joes nearby, but sadly the closest one is in Georgie and I live in Louisiana!

Order it online!!

Gina     at 5:19 pm

I’ve been looking for a healthy peanut sauce as I am in love with the taste as well! I bought the TJ’s peanut flour for a recipe and heaven’t used it since, so I’m super excited to try this out with my next stir fry dinner!

emily     at 5:29 pm

Yum, I love peanut sauce! My recipe is pretty similar (minus real pb for flour) and I love stir frying noodles and veggies in it. The “crust” that forms is just so good!

mmmmmm crust. YES!

Jenn     at 5:29 pm

Looks great! I would love to make a giant veggie and tofu stir fry with this sauce! =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Victoria (District Chocoholic)     at 5:39 pm

Awesome. More peanut flour recipes. I just bought 4 bags of the TJ stuff.

sarah     at 5:43 pm

I love that you found it’s available from Amazon. Hah hah! Thanks again. I’m halfway through a batch of PB choc chip cookies. But it’s OK – I spent two hours shoveling today.

Christin@purplebirdblog     at 5:44 pm

Amazing!! And I am SO stoked about the peanut flour on Amazon!! I have to look into that ASAP! :)

Kathleen     at 5:47 pm

I just love when you showcase simple ingredient recipes and I’m lucky enough to have a TJ’s close by. Sweet!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)     at 5:51 pm

I love making wing-it peanut sauces!

Taking either real PB or peanut flour, mixing it with maple, agave, sesame oil, agave, ginger, OJ, ACV…just a mishmash of everything, and the result is always good. Peanut butter just makes everything…better. And is very forgiving!

I love pan frying tofu in sesame oil. It’s THE BEST. Except i get grease burns on my hands. lol

Sana     at 5:53 pm

I have been shipping out Tj’s PB flour to people right and left and I never thought about using it myself! I am going to make this with regular pb tonight!

You are so nice!

Karin     at 6:05 pm

I got this awesome Tofu Xpress tool for pressing tofu for Christmas: http://www.tofuxpress.com/ There is no waste and it does a great job. I think you can get it on Amazon.com too.

I have that too!! I actually think it presses the tofu a little TOO much for my liking though. But I use it when I’m in a hurry.

Lisa     at 6:10 pm

YUMMO! I must see if I can find peanut flour in Australia!

wendy (healthy girl's kitchen)     at 6:15 pm

I’ve got some extra firm tofu sitting in my fridge right now looking for some love! ANd I know how it’s gonna get it now . . . Oh, and HOW MUCH DO YOU LOOOOOVE TERRY WALTER’S CLEAN FOOD AND CLEAN START? Am I crazy or are these the most amazing cookbooks?????

Absolutely LOVE her cookbooks. Some of my favorites!!

jen @ taste life     at 6:21 pm

First peanut sauce mentioned on Tina’s blog, now a recipe on your blog…I know what I’m having for dinner!

Amanda     at 6:24 pm

I also have been really interested in tofu recipes lately! I am so excited to head out and buy some peanut flour and give this a shot! (I’m also a peanut butter addict!)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 6:26 pm

That looks amazing! You just made me remember why I need to go out and get GF soy sauce!

Shal     at 6:36 pm

YUM! We love peanut sauce tofu at our house, too. We usually serve it with some wilted, garlicky spinach and spaghetti noodles (because my little boys won’t eat udon *weep*). I’ll have to try it w/peanut flour when it’s adults only (my kids need all the fat they can get).

This is totally and completely unrelated, but I’d be fascinated to hear your thoughts on the whole “primal” diet fad and that eating animals is essential and whole grains are bad for everyone.

(FYI, I’m posting this as someone who was a vegetarian for ten years, so this diet is out of the question for me.)

Hmmm I’m not sure I KNOW about the primal diet fad. Obviously I don’t think eating animals is essential – that is absurd. I think you can absolutely get all the essential proteins, amino acids, nutrients, etc. from plant-based foods, as long as you pay attention to your diet. As for as whole grains being bad? I know there is a lot of attention being given to going gluten-free right now. I’m not really sure what to think about it. I believe that gluten might be tough to digest, but I don’t believe whole grains are evil. I try to eat my whole grains earlier in the day, and have less of them in the evening. My body seems to work best that way. What do you think??

Shal Reply:

The primal or paleo diet is supposed to entirely consisting of meat (or eggs), and fruits and vegetables, a kind of “hunter gatherer” diet, and says that the human body can’t digest legumes or grains and there is some “bad” enzymes that attack the intestines and mess with weights and metabolisms. It says that we’re healthiest when eating these things and that they healthiest people in the world do this.

As for me–well, I can definitely see how cutting out refined flours and sugars and eating a lot more vegetables and healthy proteins will help people lose weight, but the diet seems to discount large communities in the world like the seventh day adventist vegan population in So. California that has the longest life span in America, collectively, or how heavy meat eaters have more incidences of colon cancer. I have no doubt that this diet can work for some people, though, but I don’t think it’s “unhealthy” to be vegetarian as some of the people on this diet claim. (Obviously!)

My husband LOVES peanut sauces. I think that’s all he would ever eat if given the chance, lol.

I’m weird though, while I eat peanut butter every single day, I just don’t like it in a savory fashion. With my oatmeal, fine. With veggies or noodles of any kind? No thanks!

Renee     at 6:41 pm

I bought some TJ’s peanut flour the other day…and now I can’t find where I put it! G’rrrr. I was going to make your tofu tonight for dinner with veggies, but the peanut sauce would really top it off.

———–>Off to search my kitchen!

Cara Craves...     at 6:48 pm

I am in love with any kind of peanut sauce!
Delicious!

Me too.

Margo     at 6:51 pm

That looks so tasty that I can’t wait to try it out! I’ve never cooked tofu before, but now I’m not afraid to try. Thank you!

Annie     at 6:52 pm

Hi Emily,
I’ve been a reader for a few months now, and finally wanted to comment to say hi! I’m looking forward to making this with some PB2! I got everyone in my family a jar for Christmas and they want to know ways to use it–thanks!

Hi Annie! Thanks so much for reading. :)

Andrea     at 7:07 pm

Thank you! Thank you! I just bought some peanut flour at TJ’s this past weekend, and I’ve been trying to figure out what I should do with it. Problem solved! I can’t wait to try it out tonight. :)

Pure2raw Twins     at 7:23 pm

Emily looks delicious! I am not much of a tofu fan but this idea and recipe looks delicious! Since my stomachs does not due well with peanuts, I wonder if almond flour would work? :) YUM

Sarah (Sarah Learns)     at 7:30 pm

yum yum yum yum! i’m glad this was just a recipe for a SAUCE! i have so many grains in my pantry that i’m trying to use up before i move soon. i think this sauce would be great to help me eat them up.

This sauce is SO good over just a plain bowl of brown rice. Enjoy!

gas     at 7:49 pm

Just do the calorie count by volume or weight and let the diner do the math If you add each food in something like fitday food logs custom screens you can keep track of the cals and macro nutrients too and have a handy log of your creations close is good enough very useful

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat)     at 7:54 pm

This marinade looks delicious and I love that it’s made entirely with ingredients already in my pantry. Sold!

Maya     at 7:55 pm

I absolutely love peanut sauce but I almost never order it out because I’d rather make my own. It’s so easy!

Your recipe looks great.

Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle)     at 8:01 pm

I;ll definitely be making that! When I make my spring rolls I’ll most definitely be using that peanut sauce recipe!

Caitlin     at 8:07 pm

I just made this- SO good! I added a little crushed red pepper while I sauteed the tofu because I like spicy peanut sauce. Thanks for another fantastic recipe, Emily :)

Yummmm I am so glad you liked it! Good call with the red pepper. I love spicy food!

Kerr     at 8:11 pm

We are finally getting a Trader Joe’s in Charleston. I am so excited to try peanut flour!

Hurrah! Your life will be changed forever.

Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher     at 8:23 pm

PEANUT SAUCE + TOFU IS ABSOLUTELY ONE OF MY FAVES. MMMMM. I’ve use PB to make the sauce, but would have never thought of peanut flour. Thanks!

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day     at 8:38 pm

I’ve never used peanut flour before…

I adore peanut butter so much! The next time I’m at TJ’s I am looking for that flour.

Felicia (a taste of health with balance)     at 8:40 pm

omg, I totally didn’t even think about using my peanut flour for dipping sauce! Yessss! Thank you for the idea!

megan @ the oatmeal diaries     at 9:01 pm

I am definitely making this… possibly tomorrow!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn     at 9:04 pm

Oh. my. goodness. Party in my mouth. Why did I not think of this?!

And the best part is you can eat the whole batch of sauce and not feel guilty;)

Exactly. :)

Jill     at 9:13 pm

Yay! I just bought some peanut flour after reading about it here, and wasn’t sure what to experiment with. This recipe is perfect! Peanut sauce is in my near future.

Miranda     at 9:20 pm

I put the peanut flour in my shopping cart right away, and honestly the shipping seems quite reasonible. I had actually search Amazon not that long ago to see if I could order it from there, so they must have just gotten it! I am so excited to try it, I go through WAY too much real PB!

Yay – glad to have found it! :)

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama     at 9:51 pm

I need to get this peanut flour! Peanut sauce is my favorite.

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef     at 10:33 pm

this looks so good, emily! i’ve been eying the peanut flour… now i have a reason to buy it :)

Alaina @ The Jogging Concierge     at 10:39 pm

I love anything peanut!! I’ll have to try this sauce out. :-)

I’ve never cooked tofu before; is it relatively inexpensive?

I think it’s actually VERY cheap, considering how much protein you get. I buy the Whole Foods 365 brand (that is also organic) and it’s only $1.49 a pack. Nasoya typically runs $2.29 a pack – still not bad when compared to meat!

Namaste Gurl     at 11:00 pm

How creative are you?!? What a great idea to incorporate peanut flour into sauce, as it easily turns into a sauce with the addition of liquid. Now I know what to do with my lonely bag of peanut flour!

Katy (The Singing Runner)     at 11:32 pm

I made a similar dish to this! :D Delicious! :D

ashley     at 11:33 pm

oooh….i might have to buy the peanut flour just to make that sauce…though i’m a bit sketched out by that much peanut for that little money…particularly as it’s not organic….peanuts generally contain a very high level of pesticide…oh well…i’ll just have a years and years supply of sauce…

Sylvia     at 12:19 am

That looks delicious! I’m happy to see that your tofu is being pressed by all vegetarian books now :D

Yes – upgrade! :)

Allison @ Happy Tales     at 12:34 am

Wow… this homemade peanut sauce sounds AMAZING!!! I love the detail you write each step in (and your explanation for the ingredients!), it makes it so easy! Seriously, can I pre-order your cookbook!? This needs to happen!

Haha I wish! Hopefully some day. :)

kate     at 1:42 am

im fairly new to reading your blog and i just have to say how much i LOVE and look forward to your posts!! seriously a highlight to my day :)

a friend of mine came over tonight and i told her that we had to try your peanut sauce and tofu recipe and….amaaazing! we mixed in a ton of fresh veggies and it was delicious. im hooked on that peanut flour from trader joe’s; i too am a peanut butter addict so it’s nice to have a slightly healthier version :) but anyways, thank you!! i cant wait to try making your cutie clementine cupcakes!

Thanks Kate! So glad you guys enjoyed the sauce – it’s one of my favorites. :)

Kim     at 4:14 am

YUMMMMMMM! :)

Joanna     at 5:49 am

Well . . . seeing as how I bought my first pack of peanut flour and my first bottle of liquid aminos and they are both sitting unopened in my pantry . . . I now have dinner plans for tonight! Thanks for the inspiration. I am always looking for new ways to get my husband to eat tofu!

Aha – perfect! :)

Carol     at 7:57 am

Looks really good! Can’t wait to try it…must get some peanut flour:)

megan @ blackberries for jam     at 8:15 am

You are my hero for finding Trader Joe’s peanut flour online! Since I have no TJ near me, I’ve been hoarding them home in my suitcase every time I travel. The storage is getting pretty ridiculous. Thank you!!

Yaaay! So glad you found it helpful. I was pretty excited when I saw it. :)

Stacey     at 8:52 am

I’m so glad I read this while eating breakfast this morning! Tofu is what’s for dinner in our house tonight and I couldn’t decide on how to make, until now, that is :D Thanks Emily!!

Chrissy     at 9:06 am

Hi Emily! Tofu question: A while back you recommended a low calorie tofu. I searched all the stores in town and could not find it, or any tofu with a similar calorie count. Do you have any other brands you recommend?

Hey Chrissy! Sadly my new Whole Foods in VA doesn’t carry the Nasoya light, so I’ve been buying the 365 Whole Foods brand. It’s only $1.49 per package, and about 350 calories for the whole thing. REALLY high in protein too!

Chrissy Reply:

Great, thanks! I see a trip to Whole Foods in the near future. :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble)     at 9:42 am

Well I love peanut butter, I love peanut sauce, and I love tofu… looks like a winner to me! :)

Claudia     at 10:09 am

I think this will be my first attempt at making Tofu at home… I love peanut sauce, so this is perfect.

Jessica     at 10:30 am

I’ve recently discovered your blog through Gena’s blog, and I love it! As other readers have mentioned you definitely have some form of online telepathy – I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to find a dipping sauce for fried tofu, and just One Day later you deliver :) I already make a version of this sauce (adding siracha since i luuuurve it, and all things spicy) for rice paper salad wraps. Thanks for taking my own thoughts one step further!

MaryBe@AccidentallyVegan     at 10:31 am

This sounds amazing. Your tofu recipe is my go-to recipe. I love crispy tofu!
Any way you could make your recipes ‘printable’? I would love that!
PS would you enter my contest? Thanks!

Mimi     at 10:57 am

I recently bought peanut flour, but was yet to figure out anything good to do with it. Now, all I’m thinking about is how much I want to make this!

Lauren @ Coachlauren.net     at 11:17 am

Hi Emily!!

I started following your blog a week or two ago after I saw you on Gena’s Choosing Raw! Thought I’d stop by and say hello :)

I am a fellow peanut butter freak and this looks amazing, thanks for sharing!

Lauren

Krissy     at 11:40 am

This is excellent! Just made it over Soba noodles using soy sauce, and peanut oil (didn’t have sesame) and added some srirachra for a kick. I’ve been holding onto TJ’s PB flour wondering what to do with it. This is a keeper! Thanks!

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen     at 11:53 am

This looks so delicious…can’t wait to try it!

Allie     at 12:17 pm

love this!! i can’t wait to try it. you’re pictures and direction are SO user friendly- thank you!!!

Snehal     at 1:32 pm

How simple and yet so delicious looking! Going to try it as soon as I can. Thanks for posting :)

Patricia     at 1:53 pm

I cannot wait to make this! I am going to use this recipe to recreate the bang bang chicken and shrimp from the cheesecake factory. I never order it bc it is so darn unhealthy.

kate     at 2:19 pm

I love peanut sauce too! This look delightful!

Maddie     at 2:25 pm

I love peanut sauce and tofu! I need to make this soon. I know it’ll probably be a favorite :)

Autumn Tao     at 3:13 pm

That looks delicious! I have all items in the pantry and I adore nut butters and tofu, so this recipe is priceless. It’s going on the menu for dinner next week.

Thanks for sharing Emily.
Namaste.

RachelSD     at 5:21 pm

Yum! This is delicious. Luckily, I had just bought liquid aminos for the first time last weekend. (Thanks for explaining it.) This was really good on cooked farro with veggies.

Jayna @ Healthy Living Bites     at 10:09 am

I just made this last night! It was delicious! I used chicken instead of tofu cause the husband gets grumpy if I leave out the meat more then once or twice a week. One way I was taught to prep my tofu is to cover the block with a paper towel and microwave it at 60% power for one minute. Even if I press the moisture out first you should see how much I get out afterwards!!!! http://www.healthylivingbites.com/content/health-versary-feast That post has a picture (not the best) of my wet towel!

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies)     at 4:43 pm

ahh this looks delicious!! i will def be having this sometime this week!

Jessica     at 12:34 pm

I made this sauce and poured it over a veggie stir fry with brown rice on the side. It was SO good. Thanks for posting! :)

Jennifer M     at 9:55 pm

Hi Emily!

Just used your tofu tutorial and made this peanut sauce tonight with broccoli and whole wheat spaghetti, it was AWESOME!
Peanut sauce is one of my favorites and now I am so excited to be able to make it at home!
Thank you for the recipe and for making a 2011 goal to cook at home 5 nights/week with lunch leftovers easier :)

Jen in Boston

So glad you liked it! :)

Karen     at 4:23 pm

hey! i successfully followed your tofu tutorial and was impressed. i tried making this peanut sauce and the problem was that it was WAYYYYY too salty for me. Like WAY. The rice vinegar I used was seasoned, I wonder if that contributed to the saltiness. I think maybe I would try one tablespoon of liquid aminos next time instead of two? I can’t figure out what I could have done wrong. I think if it had been less salty it would have been perfect…I like your minimal ingredient healthy recipes btw

Hmm maybe just cut the soy sauce in half then? It’s an Asian sauce, so it’s supposed to be salty, but not THAT salty! Did you remember the water? Sorry! Might have been the vinegar.

Karen     at 5:35 pm

i trust your culinary godliness, and i know others made it succesfully, so im either going to blame the vinegar or the fact that im quite sensitive to salt – should ahve stuck with one tablespoon knowing that. Im learning to trust my preferential instincts slowly but surely. ive only recently started cooking, mostly its your fault and oh she glows fault that im even trying, lol. stop making things look so good!!

Cassie     at 6:45 pm

My boyfriend and I made this sauce tonight (with some free range chicken, red peppers, and onion over brown rice) and it was totally delicious! Thanks so much for a guilt-free peanut sauce!

Estelle     at 1:58 am

Mmmm! I love Mai Thai … we were in DC for a week and ended up going there twice we loved it so much. I can’t wait to try your recipe!

Kristy     at 9:10 pm

This was amazing!! Perfect directions for preparing the tofu (crispy without fried) and delicious sauce… Had it on a salad with a squirt of sriacha. I could eat 8 bowls.

Homemade Thai and Restaurant Decisions | Food Boogie     at 11:02 pm

[...] you to Emily of the Daily Garnish for the direction. I changed a couple things based on what I had and how it tasted, so here’s [...]

Stacy     at 8:34 pm

Ok, so I’m a self confessed pnbutter addict. We just recently got a TJs here, and now no peanut flour. It was discontinued…. Does anyone know of another source? I am dying to try it!

Rae     at 3:43 pm

Peanut Flour???!!!! How wonderful is that! I will be trying this in the next couple of days! Thanks so much for the post… I never knew (and I am a pb addict as well :)

Amanda     at 6:33 pm

This is SO good! I have already made it a handful of times. I used powdered peanut butter because I couldn’t find any peanut flour in stores. It turned out delicious. This is now my favorite way to make tofu.

Thank you for a wonderful recipe!

Mary     at 9:36 pm

This looks amazing! Thank you for a healthy alternative to my favorite dish.

virgin hair extensions     at 3:28 am

Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your web site by accident, and I am shocked why this accident didn’t took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

74 Ways to Make a Healthier Pizza | D'Amore's Pizza     at 5:03 pm

[...] sauce. To really switch things up, whip up a healthy peanut sauce. Try topping with some grilled chicken, cilantro, and bean sprouts for an Asian-inspired pizza [...]

The Repeat Recipe: Thai Fried Quinoa - Cooking With Carly     at 1:30 pm

[...] I think brings it to the next level.  I got the recipe for the sauce from Daily Garnish.  Click HERE for her [...]

February – Day in the Life     at 6:04 pm

[...] – Lunchtime.  I have about 3-4 cups of baby spinach with Emily’s peanut sauce, as well as some chickpeas and raw almonds . The raw almonds were for a late morning snack, but I [...]

atlanta std testing     at 8:27 pm

She attire sexy when she understands you’re about. It is especially essential to discover about a person’s sexual background in these cases.
Of the sexually transmitted diseases that scientists examined for the most common was HPV.

organic farming facts     at 1:35 am

organic farming facts…

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Healthy Peanut Sauce & Tofu Marinade….

Cassie     at 5:09 pm

How do I find that peanut flour?!?!?!!

74 Smart Ways to Make Healthier Pizza (That Still Tastes Amazing) | Weight Lose 2016     at 5:18 am

[...] really switch things up, whip up ahealthy peanut sauce. Try topping with some grilled chicken, cilantro, and bean sprouts for an Asian-inspired pizza [...]

running shoes