For general inquires, contact: EmilyBMalone@gmail.com.

For partnerships, contact: dailygarnishads@mediakix.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Whole Roasted Brussels Sprouts.

I think it is becoming fairly obvious that I have a serious thing for Brussels sprouts.  These delicious little mini cabbages are one of the only green veggies hearty enough to survive the cold winter months, so they are making an appearance in our kitchen quite often these days.  The particular “recipe” is really more of a cooking method than anything else, but the result is absolutely delicious.

Whole Roasted Brussels Sprouts

(click to print this recipe!)

Ingredients:

• 1 pound Brussels sprouts
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
  • salt or pepper (to taste)

Instructions:  Start with a bag of fresh Brussels sprouts…

The most popular way of cooking these sprouts is to remove the core by trimming the end, cutting them in half, and then pan sautéing them on the stovetop.  That (also delicious) method is used for my Cinnamon Cider Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Pears and the Asian Sesame Glazed Brussels Sprouts.

But this time we’re doing it a bit differently and cooking them whole.  You’ll still want to remove the woody ends, so use a knife to trim off the base of each sprout.

Once they are all trimmed, add to a small baking dish.

Besides the sprouts themselves, the only ingredients you need for this recipe are olive oil and liquid aminos.  So simple!

Add 1 tablespoon of each to the sprouts, and stir to combine and coat all the veggies.

Then pop them in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes (stirring once in the middle), and roast at 400 degrees.  The key to cooking them at a higher temp is that they get nice and crispy on the outside, but soft and warm on the inside.  They literally melt in your mouth.

The liquid aminos add just enough saltiness to make these perfect (although you can season with additional salt and pepper if needed).

Eat them by themselves for a mid-day snack, or serve along side brown rice and some perfect crispy tofu for a healthy dinner.

Hopefully this is just one more way for you to enjoy a vegetable you already love.

Allison @ Runs A Latte     at 1:00 pm

I have never used Bragg’s, but I’ll have to look for some this weekend. I keep seeing it appear on various blog’s…that means it must be good.

Thanks for showing how to prepare these brussel sprouts! I love to try new recipes and foods, but I have a fear about not being a very good cook and not knowing what to do with certain foods. Your posts make it so clear and straight forward! Your blog is sooooo helpful to me! I can’t wait to try making these brussel sprouts

Taylor @ Delish World     at 1:06 pm

Obsessed with brussels and your crispy tofu! It’s the only way I make my tofu and it tastes awesome every single time! :)

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count     at 1:15 pm

You are a mind reader! I bought fresh brussel sprouts at the farm market last weekend and have been looking for someting to do with them. Thanks, Emily!

Jenny     at 1:18 pm

I love the braggs liquid aminos! Never thought to cook them with veggies, sounds delicious!

Megan (Braise The Roof)     at 2:26 pm

I am also pretty much obsessed with brussels sprouts, but I think they’re starting to be out of season, yes? I couldn’t find any at Trader Joe’s this week!

cailen     at 2:35 pm

i LOVE brussels sprouts. when they’re roasted they get so buttery and delicious!

Gemma     at 2:37 pm

I’m not sure if we get brussel sprouts at any time other than Christmas here in the UK, I love them and wish they were used more often over here :D

Little Miss Fitness     at 3:28 pm

Hey Emily! What a beautiful blog…I am so excited to follow your endeavors. :)

I love the DC area–my husband and I used to be tour guides there! :) (though we didn’t hold up any lame umbrellas!)

Have a super day!

Alaina     at 3:47 pm

That’s one veggie that I haven’t ventured to try! I’ll have to give this one a shot. :-)

Chloe     at 4:34 pm

To me, brussels sprouts seem like the sophisticated go to veggie. Love this idea!

Mandy     at 4:35 pm

Brussel Sprouts can be scary to a lot of people, but this recipe seems easy enough for anyone and super delicious! My husband claims to not like brussel sprouts, but I bet he’ll love these!

Natalia - a side of simple     at 5:30 pm

I cannot get enough brussel sprouts lately. I can’t believe I only tasted them for the first time in January! Now I’m eating them like crazy :)

megan @ blackberries for jam     at 8:06 pm

Oh my goodness, I made these tonight and they are phenomenal! They really do just melt in your mouth. And when I read earlier that they would make a good snack, I thought “brussels sprouts, as a snack?!” But now, I understand!

Ananda     at 11:46 am

Perfect timing. I had a huge bag of brussels sprouts from Costco, so I made this last night (only I cut mine in half). Delicious, easy, healthy and they made yummy leftovers for my lunch today, too.

Melissa Daams     at 2:39 pm

oven roasted – what a simple idea. i gotta do that!

Kate     at 1:30 pm

Yum yum yum! I love Brussel Sprouts and just roasted some up for lunch. The best part are the leaves that fall off and get crispy and salty. Like yummy little cabbage chips.

it’s a wrap « My Little Part in Something Big     at 7:49 pm

[…] in olive oil and salt. Totally delicious but sometimes a little repetitive. So, I decided to try Emily’s recipe and couldn’t be happier. Her way is pretty similar to mine but the addition of liquid aminos […]

Roasty Toasty Brussel Sprouts | Truly Simple Bits     at 12:20 pm

[…] make these roasted brussel sprouts I came across on Daily Garnish on a regular basis. They have me coming back for seconds each and every time. I may even go as far […]

Symona     at 5:24 am

Wait, I cannot fathom it being so straighotfwrard.

high search engine     at 5:14 pm

continuously i used to read smaller posts that also
clear their motive, and that is also happening with this article which I am reading here.

RobbiTGurr     at 7:24 pm

Spot up with this write-up, I seriously think this web site needs considerably more attention. I’ll most likely be back
again to see more, thank you for the information!

running shoes