Week 10: My Pregnancy Journey.

It’s weekly update time, and once again I am late!  Even though this is my official 10 week update, I’m actually 10 weeks and 5 days today, and I have discovered since getting pregnant that every day most definitely counts.

How Big is the Baby?

The grape just keeps on growing!  I have two different sources I consult for my weekly “your baby is as a big as a ____” updates, and this week they didn’t agree.  One says the grape has become a prune, and the other is telling me that he/she is the size of a kumquat!  Since kumquats are hard to come by in Virginia in March, we’re going to go with the less exotic prune option.

Yep, I went and bought prunes just for the occasion!  I suspect they will be in my fridge now for the next ten years.

How I’m Changing

This is the first week that I feel really puffy and bloated, instead of empty and hollow.  I will credit that to finally feeling much much better and actually eating again!  I’ve regained the pound or two that I lost during last week’s sickness, and I feel like my clothes are tugging a little more than they were last week.  At some point I plan to write a long post about weight gain and pregnancy, and all the emotions that come with that.

The only other physical change I have noticed recently is my insane sense of smell.  Seriously, I smell any and everything.  I feel like I should team up with a crime fighting unit or something to put my new super senses to work.  Although apparently some of these are also phantom smells, which my doctor confirmed is very common.  I have made multiple accusations that Casey smells like bacon.  He denies this wholeheartedly.

What I’m Eating

Happy to report that I actually ate a vegetable last night – roasted carrots!  While my appetite has returned, I’m still not really drawn to much beyond carbs right now.  Cold cereal has made an emergence this week, along with delicious fresh strawberries!  On two separate evenings, I felt so good that I wanted to cook a full meal.  One night we had spaghetti with olive oil and sun dried tomatoes, and then next was barbecued tofu, brown rice, and green peas – yum!

I have also developed an alarming fondness for Ginger-O cookies…

How I’m Feeling

Much MUCH better.  Last Thursday and Saturday were my two worst days of pregnancy to date, with almost constant sickness.  But ever since I have felt better and better each day.  I even headed back to the gym this week for some elliptical and weight lifting – felt great to be active again, and I can only hope it continues.

I’m also having a lot of trouble sleeping, which is weird considering how tired I am.  I find that I’m waking up a lot throughout the night and having strange dreams.  Even though I have no bump or physical signs of pregnancy yet, I’m just sort of uncomfortable all the time.  Luckily I am blessed with a great husband who gives me backrubs!

And last but certainly not least, my emotions are OUT of control!  We had another unexpected major life change pop up this week (more on that tomorrow), and I have been an anxious emotional mess.  These hormones are making it so that even the smallest things get the waterworks going.  Last night I started sobbing over a cat food commercial.  Seriously, it was for Fancy Feast.  Have you seen it – the “will you marry me” tag on the new kitten?  Sniff.

I’m so excited to finally be in the double digits, and close to the end of my first trimester – the weeks were craaaawling at the beginning, but they are already feeling like they are flying by!  Grow baby, grow!

Holly     at 2:36 pm

Emily your pregnancy posts are so so freaking CUTE!

It seems like such a slow and yet quick process! I’m so glad you’re feeling well enough to eat again. Hopefully you can get some rest :)

Freya     at 2:38 pm

This is such a fascinating post! I think it’s so awesome how much you’re documenting it – if I was your kid, I’d love to read back on it and see how you did :)

Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds     at 2:38 pm

It is so great that we get to follow your journey to motherhood! You’re going to have such a charming family :)

Corie     at 2:39 pm

I love these pregnancy updates! I hope you continue to feel better! And yes I’ve seen the commercial for Fancy Feast – it’s so cute and I got emotional as well : )

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin     at 2:40 pm

I love these posts Emily!! And funny, I actually have kumquats in my kitchen right now – I can bring one for you on Saturday if you like! =)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 2:40 pm

Oh my gosh, I love these posts because you’re just a few weeks behind my sister so I am loving reading and remembering everything she went through. One day we went out to run errands, she got into my car and declared I, “smelled like my house and it was horrid.” Um, thanks?!? You can ship me your prunes – I’ll eat them!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing     at 2:40 pm

Aw, this was so cute. Glad that you’re feeling better! Hopefully once you’re over the 1st trimester hump you will miraculously be able to enjoy all your old favorite veggies and such again. Wondering what Baby Prune will be next?! Hmm…. If it helps, you look beautiful — despite feeling not quite yourself/sick :)

Amy     at 2:44 pm

Woohoo, update! I’m so glad that you are feeling better– I’ve heard that you get all your energy back in the 2nd trimester (omg. I totally just typed semester… ), hopefully that will ring true for you :) I’ve noticed that within the last year I’ve become a lot ‘teary’ over the cute, heart-tugging stuff, too. …Heaven help my husband someday when I’m with child … ;)

alison     at 2:44 pm

I’m glad you’re feeling better, Emily.
I like that Fancy Feast commercial, too.

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey     at 2:44 pm

Fantastic. I love following along with your journey. Thanks for sharing with us.

~

Ally     at 2:44 pm

I totally cried over that fancy feast “will you marry us” commercial!! Just a few tears, but I’m not even pregnant, so have no excuse!!

Patricia     at 2:45 pm

I know this might sound weird, but stewed prunes are one of my FAVORITE things. Just cover with water and simmer until the prunes take in the water. eat the prunes, sip a little water. Just don’t eat too many…

Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan)     at 2:45 pm

Gah! I love this post :)
I’m so glad that you have your appetite back and are able to exercise a little :)
And as I was reading, I was thinking “I bet she went out and bought prunes just to show us!” And you did, hehe :D
Do you have an exercise plan, or are you going to go with how you feel each day? Are pregnant people able to run?? My friend is pregnant and says that her doctor has ordered her not to run, just to speedwalk.
Anywho! Congrats on your baby and I hope you can get some rest after this trimester is over, sounds like a doozy!

PS. I just signed up for my first marathon! You were part of that inspiration!

Marcella     at 2:46 pm

Emily–These baby posts are ADORABLE!!!!

Whitney     at 2:47 pm

Little prune, how cute! Where do you get the tshirts that you wear in all your pictures? They look so comfy!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 2:47 pm

Love the updates. This is so exciting. I cry over everything already. I can’t imagine when I’m pregnant! lol

Sarah R     at 2:48 pm

You might be surprised, those prunes may come in handy in dealing with some not so fun symptoms! I had some around during the first half of pregnancy and remember pulling one out when I was 10 weeks along too. Wait till you get to the watermelon. I can’t imagine picking up a watermelon when you’ve got one as a belly! Might have to have Casey in on those photos–side by side comparison perhaps? :)

alana (at) the food     at 2:49 pm

you just made my crave peas!
mmm peas

Sarah @ The Strength of Faith     at 2:49 pm

Okay, I’m not pregnant and I bawled at that commercial. You get a free pass. :)

Julia     at 2:50 pm

Sorry for being gross but, FYI you will eventually want those prunes for numerous pregnancy related reasons. I will leave it at that.

Katie KS     at 2:50 pm

Save the prunes. Constipation is another one of those fun pregnancy side effects that may hit you. I hope not … but they might come in handy!

Also I smell everything too. Like brand of laundry detergent on people’s clothes. And what my husband ate 8 hours earlier.

Lisa     at 2:52 pm

I love reading your weekly updates (and that you’re exactly 10 weeks behind me)–they remind me of how I was feeling at those times! Though at 10 weeks 5 days I was still miserable, I’m so glad you’re starting to feel less sick. I wonder if the strawberries mean anything because I had a craving for them like you wouldn’t believe in the first trimester. Still can’t get enough!

My husband and I call the heightened sense of smell my spidey sense :-)

The sleeping trouble comes and goes for me, sometimes I’m comfortable sometimes I’m not. Mostly I just wake up a couple of times a night needing to use the bathroom and then have trouble falling back asleep, TMI.

Reading (and chickens)     at 2:53 pm

Oh yes, in both my pregnancies, everything smelled like garlic for the first 14 weeks or so. Garlic ice cream, garlic soap, garlic apples. Blech. Things get better after that (but the super smell sense stays).

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen     at 2:54 pm

I craved strawberries so much towards the end of my pregnancy that we would go to Costco and buy a flat of them. And then I’d pretty much eat. All. Of. Them ;)
So glad to hear you’re feeling better and better!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 2:54 pm

I’m glad you are feeling better! You should eat those prunes after our discussion before! Those things are good for you and your bowels. Maybe in a smoothie. You look great and I’m glad things are moving along well for you!

Good point. Perhaps I will keep them around!

caitie Reply:

Yeah you should definitely keep them. My aunt told me that while she was pregnant she once went 29 days without pooping. Ouch. Keep them in case you need them haha

Theresa @ This is my Hungry Face     at 2:54 pm

I love these posts! It is so interesting to be able to keep up with how things are progressing for you and the baby :)

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 2:55 pm

Those prunes could come in handy later… errr, just sayin’.

Lee     at 2:57 pm

Glad you’re feeling better…even if you’re crying at cat food commercials.

Katharine     at 2:58 pm

I love your blog SO MUCH. Your accent video was adorable, and I have looooved following your preggo posts!!!! Please keep them up! You are so open and honest, it’s so appreciated! Good luck with everything! XO

Thanks Katharine!

Jordan (Ciao Cow)     at 2:58 pm

I’m so glad to hear you are finally feeling better. I absolutely love following your weekly updates!

Therese     at 3:00 pm

I love you updates! Thanks for sharing so candidly with us! I’m really looking forward to future posts :o)

Jessica     at 3:03 pm

The little bit about Casey smelling like bacon made me laugh out loud in a quiet coffee place!!

Also, I am 100% not pregnant and I got emotional over that commercial too… so you are not alone! At least you’re not sobbing over completely random things but even if you did- it’s still ok because your body is creating a life!

Christy     at 3:04 pm

I had my son 7 months ago and I feel like I still have my spidey sense of smell!

kristen     at 3:05 pm

haha…the fancy feast commercial stars one of my friends, Jacob!
He has been known to make girls cry :)

P.s. Your blog is pretty awesome!

Too funny!

sharon     at 3:06 pm

thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. It brings back so many memories, like my moment of me squeezing lemons for lemonade 2 minutes after waking up because nothing else would due and then proceed to cry/laugh over a bucket of standing water outside, because I wanted my husband to go dump it pronto due to fear of attracting mosquitos and west nile virus. thank god for moments.

Diana     at 3:07 pm

I am LOVING your pregnancy updates! It’s so nice to have a real life perspective of what it’ll be like when I someday get pregnant. Keep them coming!

Lindsay     at 3:11 pm

I’m not even pregnant and I almost cried at that commercial when I saw it last night! So damn cute…just like you and your updates!

megan @ blackberries for jam     at 3:12 pm

I love these posts! So glad you’re feeling better. I have to say though, reading all these comments warning you of pregnancy constipation makes me question if I could handle pregnancy!

Katy @ A Healthy Shot     at 3:12 pm

I love your updates Emily! My cousin had a super-power smelling ability when she was pregnant too :)

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life)     at 3:17 pm

Can’t wait to read your thoughts/feelings on pregnancy and weight gain. It’s tough for me to see the number go up each week, even though I’m told by my doctor I should be gaining 1 lb each week.

People like to say ‘you’re pregnant, you should be gaining’ … I know that, and I’ll continue to do anything possible to have a healthy little one, but I don’t have to like my pants no longer fitting, right?

Exaaaaaaaaactly. I get the purpose, but I don’t have to enjoy it!

Angela Reply:

I feel you….I’m nearing the end of my second trimester and I feel like my body is stretched to the max right now, I can’t even imagine growing bigger over the next three months (even though I know it has to happen!) As someone who has been active all my life, and pretty much weighed the same since high school (I’m 30 now), it is a shock every time I step on a scale. I am looking forward to your post, too!

Molly Reply:

Me three! I am 21 weeks and up 10-11 pounds and I know I need to gain more soon, but it is strange to weigh more than I ever have and know I am nowhere near the end. Glad others feel this way too.

Erin     at 3:17 pm

So glad you’re feeling better! Funny story about the insane sense of smell. One of my coworkers is pregnant with twins and one day I opened a Cherry Coke Zero and through A WALL she shouts “what do you have in there that smells like cherry?!” Really?! First, does Cherry Coke Zero really smell that cherryist. Second, through a wall?! It’s a super power I tell ya. :)

Haha hilarious.

Allie (Live Laugh Eat)     at 3:18 pm

Yikes, am I pregnant too? I have a crazy sense of smell, strange dreams and tears flowing at random times.

Glad you are feeling better and eating some veggies. I sure hope it stays that way!

Graze With Me     at 3:19 pm

I just hit the 15 week mark and I find myself nodding my head in agreement with everything you’re referring to. What is UP with the super sense of smell?! Amazing. Something in my fridge smells awful but I don’t have the patience (or face mask) to find out what!

Last night I woke up from a dream about a herd of baby horses. I had to pick one and I picked the sad little albino one that no-one liked…for some reason I woke up SOBBING. As in heaving, out of control sobbing, I had to go to the bathroom and cry it out before I woke my husband!

I am dying laughing right now. The albino horse? Too funny. And there is something rancid in my fridge too – I refuse to find it.

Shannon Reply:

ahahahaha, that is hilarious! I have strange enough dreams as it is, I can’t imagine pregnancy dreams. They sound like fever dreams!

Maryann     at 3:21 pm

Love all your pregnancy updates. And yes keep the prunes though they do go bad. I eat them everyday and dates love them too. All good for you high in fiber. So so glad you are better. You will have ups and downs but we enjoy reading them. My son is now 30 and I still remember being pregnant they are memories you’ll always remember.

Elisabeth     at 3:23 pm

Well…I’m not pregnant, but that kitten commercial still had me sniff sniffing a little ;)

hippierunner     at 3:24 pm

That is so cute that you cried over the Fancy Feast commercial!

Meagan     at 3:28 pm

I’m loving these posts and can’t wait to read more about your pregnancy journey!

Lorie     at 3:31 pm

How absolutely precious! Emily, everything you write is just so sincere and honest, and it makes me want to start makin’ babies right now (and I’m not even getting married for another 3 months!). Despite all the ups and downs in these first weeks, you truly seem excited and are already being a wonderful mother!

Can’t wait for more updates!

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook     at 3:40 pm

Haha, that commercial gets me every time! And I made my boyfriend watch it too (for ideas for the future – :) haha). I’m so glad you’re feeling better.

Margaret     at 3:42 pm

My husband and I are still a few years out from having kids; when we got married, we agreed we’d wait 5 years. I’ve heard so much about woman growing in desire for children and the feelings that go with it; I’m curious, what has it been like for Casey? When did he know that he wanted to start a family? I’ve already noticed a change in myself over the last two years, but haven’t really in my husband. I’m wondering what the signs are, if any. :)

I think Casey was actually ready before I was! He is unbelievably excited. Although he hasn’t really been around many babies before, so hopefully he still feels as enthused once the sleepless nights start.

Marissa     at 3:44 pm

I’m loving the pregnancy posts! I’ll have to look back at them years down the road when I’m ready for kids! I totally would have cried at the fancy feast commercial too!

Meghan     at 3:49 pm

Yes I cry at that commercial too! But I think it’s because I want to get married REALLY badly. My emotions during pms are so bad I should probably be on medicine so pregnancy emotions are something I am dreading. Dumbest question on earth..do you just add bbq sauce to your regular tofu recipe to make that? It looks so amazing. Glad you are feeling better!

Not a dumb question! Add the BBQ sauce right at the end of cooking, and then let it saute for about 2 more minutes so the sauce sticks!

Ashley P. @ The Vegetable Life     at 3:52 pm

I LOVE Your Pregnancy Update Posts!!!

Kim     at 3:53 pm

Hey Emily, glad to hear things are going well. Just wanted to say you might be needing those prunes later in your pregnancy so I wouldn’t worry about them hanging out in your fridge for the next 10 years!! :-)

Haha I realized that after the fact too. Unfortunately I think I already need them. Gag.

Shayla Reply:

I know this may sound strange but try prunes dipped in peanut butter – it’s actually really good!!!

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 3:55 pm

These posts are so much fun! You do realize you are the guinea pig for all of us still-childless but someday future parents, right? :)

Rachel in NC     at 3:56 pm

I am 9w1d and also having the worst time trying to sleep! I can’t get comfortable and every little noise wakes me up. It’s been almost 2 weeks and I am EXHAUSTED.

And those prunes don’t have to sit in your fridge for 10 years, I would gladly take them off of your hands! I love them!

Jessica     at 4:00 pm

Haha, I saw that cat food commercial the other night, got teary-eyed, and just thought, WTH? Yes, I’m about 8.5 weeks preggo too!

BB     at 4:01 pm

You can make those prunes into baby food but learn from my mistake…. with babies, a little prune goes a looooooooooooong way.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 4:03 pm

The BBQ tofu dish looks terrific!!!

And I wish I could tell you the crazy hormones go away. They don’t. And then, when you’re not pregnant anymore…you get the crazy mom stuff. LOL

Jayna @ Healthy Living Bites     at 4:08 pm

I love these updates! Do your next one on time so we get another one in two days k? LOL

I swear I was borderline psycho during my first trimester with both of mine- the hormones are NO JOKE, and I think after being around for the second one the husband FINALLY gets that I’m not being a “b” just to annoy him personally LOL

So glad you aren’t as sick and my fingers are crossed (and knocking on wood) that it doesn’t come back!!!! That super sense of smell will definitely come in handy as you feel less sick in making your food taste AMAZING. Of course it also means that when you smell something that sounds good to you you will want it IMMEDIATELY. When I was pregnant at the grocery store with my second, probably near the end of my second trimester, I remember walking by the meat counter and telling the husband “I want one of those steaks, you don’t have to cook it, just tell them to cut me off a piece raw”. Turns out I was anemic- maybe Casey smells like bacon because your body wants more protein right now.

Anyways, being heavier I never gained any weight with my pregnancies (actually lost weight with both), BUT I saw how my sister in law struggled with it from day one. Once she accepted it though it became the opposite problem of thinking “hey I’m pregnant, I can eat myself silly, gain over 100 pounds and it’s ok”. Just think, I know your clothes are getting tighter now, but soon it will be time to SHOP for maternity clothes, and they have some CUTE clothes out there. I highly recommend target- affordable, cute, and look good even after baby is born (the liz lange line at least, if they still carry it).

April @ Grits & Granola Bars     at 4:17 pm

Ah, pregnancy emotions are horrible, aren’t they? I remember well how easy it was to cry over everything.

And LOL @ you accusing Casey of smelling like bacon. Hilarious!

Jen     at 4:18 pm

Hi Emily,

I’ve been reading your blog for quite some time now, and I just wanted to let you know that I love and look forward to your pregnancy posts. Although I’m not pregnant yet, I hope to be in the next year or two. Your honesty will be an invaluable resource when that time comes. Thanks and congrats!

Lindsay     at 4:21 pm

Love these updates. And I love prunes so if you want to get rid of them, I will happily take them :)

courtney     at 4:22 pm

Don’t worry, I cried over that commercial too, it’s advertising genius! Glad to hear your appetite has returned, and not just for the selfish reason that you are posting more recipes ;) I am going to make those amazing jam muffins this weekend though!!!

Chase     at 4:22 pm

Darn! I saw kumquats at Wegman’s last weekend. If only I knew, I would have picked some up for you! ;)

Erin     at 4:36 pm

So glad you are feeling better. I was super sensitive to smells my first trimester. In particular the smell of my new car. I would gag every time I got in it. Heck I even gagged when walking to my car and even thinking of getting in it. I never threw up and never had bad morning sickness, but man I hated the new car smell most people love.

Also please do not be alarmed when you enter into your second trimester and start to feel better. I remember freaking out(my pregnant sister recently did the same) because I no longer “felt” pregnant. Suddenly I could eat normal foods again, my boobs were no longer sore and so forth. It’s normal and everything is fine:)

Clare     at 4:37 pm

I’m loving the pregnancy posts too! I’m a mom of three very busy little ones and I’m SO done now but it’s really fun reliving all the pregnancy milestones via your blog…it’s such a wonderful time so try to enjoy every moment–morning sickness and all :) I have “fond” memories of a minor obsession with something rank in my fridge (which according to my husband did not exist)…for a while I actually dreaded opening it because of “the smell”.
Also; you look AWESOME! Definitely glowing :)

Amanda Perry at Sistas of Strength     at 4:38 pm

The smells are out of control. I work with someone who smokes occasionally and there is just no hiding it from me anymore! :) Someone heated up scallops or some type of seafood today and it was horrendous. All the guys I work with felt bad because it was bad for them and they knew it must be 10x worse for me.

I don’t think the crying is going to stop anytime soon. My good friend was just telling me last night that she’s been crying non-stop over everything (her twins are 3 months and she is currently breastfeeding and uber emotional).

As for the sleep…I so went through that in the beginning and then slept AWESOME for my 2nd trimester. Just recently in the 3rd trimester I’m having trouble sleeping again. Hopefully you get those few great months in the middle. :)

Jen     at 4:39 pm

I looooovvvveee your weekly updates! They make me happy!

Hillary     at 4:45 pm

Oh my gosh Emily you are too cute. I love that you are already calling the baby Baby Garnish! Your updates are great.
I love that commercial and it makes me wanna cry everytime. I have this dream that I will be proposed to like that except with a little puppy! I confessed this to my boyfriend of 3 years awhile back after one to many cocktails but i hope he doesn’t forget! haha

Kiran     at 4:48 pm

Love this post, super cute :) Kumquats and prunes aside, its a great feeling!

colleen     at 4:49 pm

Loving the weekly updates!! May your little prune continue to grow. The strong sense of smell didn’t going away for me after delivery. I can still smell things that the hubby can’t or won’t admit to.

Stephanie @ LiveCookLove     at 5:07 pm

I love these updates!!! Keep ‘em coming!! Glad you are starting to feel better too :)

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed     at 5:18 pm

Yay for the prune!!! :) I’m glad you’re feeling better and eating again. It must feel so good!
Heidi xo

Melissa     at 5:27 pm

I know it’s super early, but do you guys have any names in mind for the baby :-)

Of course we talk about them, but no real contenders. We’re going to find out the sex at 20 weeks, so after that I’m sure we’ll go full force into lists of names!

Alexa @ Simple Eats     at 5:32 pm

I just LOVE your posts about pregnancy. The picture with you and the fruit is adorable. I’m so glad you’re feeling better!

Ashley     at 5:38 pm

I LOVE THESE POSTS!!!! And so does my sister in law…I have been sending all of your preggo posts to her. :) I love that you think Casey smells like bacon…hopefully it’s just bacon tempeh! haha So glad you’re feeling better. Can’t wait to see a bump!

Em (A Life to Bragg About)     at 5:45 pm

You are too cute! I’m glad you’re feeling much better, I’ve been fine up until this point and now the thought of anything sweet makes me nauseous. All I want are tacos! And today I woke up with a heightened sense of smell too. Being pregnant is weird!

Jillian @ Reshape Your Life     at 5:46 pm

I love these posts! I’m so glad your feeling a bit better! I hope your pregnancy just gets better and better!

Melissa     at 5:55 pm

These posts are sooo cute! When I get preggers I am totally taking your idea and doing the pictures like this with the your baby is this size. Great idea. Love hearing your progress too. I can wait to have babies! Congratulations!

Amanda D     at 5:59 pm

That Fancy Feast Commercial gets me too! Except, I’m not pregnant…so I don’t really have an excuse ;-)

Ps – You look GREAT! I’m glad you’re finally starting to feel better!

Ashley     at 6:28 pm

Oh my goodness, that Fancy Feast commercial made me tear up too! It was so long, took me forever to figure out what I was watching, heh.

I’m glad you are feeling better!! :)

kate@ahealthypassion     at 6:48 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy and also on being able to eat again!

Jessica     at 6:50 pm

Congratulations Emily on being in the double digits now!! Pregnancy is such a happy time, I am 33 weeks along myself. Keep listening to your internal cues, I wish you a smooth and enjoyable pregnancy.

Kath     at 6:51 pm

Love love love reading these!!!

Cindy     at 6:56 pm

I’m loving this! I’m glad you’re already feeling better! Hopefully you can get some sleep!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme)     at 7:02 pm

Love these posts, I always find it so interesting when I hear about pregnant women having incredible senses of smell. It’s such a unique experience!

Sarah @ The Pajama Chef     at 7:44 pm

awww so fun, i love reading about your experience emily. thanks for sharing!!

Meghan     at 8:05 pm

I love this stuff! Glad you’re feeling better. :)

leatitia     at 8:09 pm

I’m happy to read you’re feeling better.. those first weeks were horrible for me, especially week 7 to 12. I had absolutely NO desire to be near the kitchen and just wanted to sleep all day – but thanks to my full time job, this wasn’t possible.

The baby fruit chart says that mine is the size of an eggplant now :) Fun!

Heather     at 8:21 pm

I’m not at all maternal, but I love your pregnancy posts. They’re so cute!

And that cat food commercial gets me every time!

Glad you’re feeling better!

Lauren     at 8:31 pm

When my sister was pregnant, she used to comment on her distinct smelling noticeability. I think that’s so common. So glad you are feeling better!!!!

Tina     at 8:47 pm

Welcome to my world! I cry at commercials, songs on the radio in the car, thoughts in my head, etc. – and I’m long past being pregnant.

Michelle (From Seed To Tree)     at 9:12 pm

I was thinking to myself, who does Emily look like? It was bugging me. Then it dawned on me, you look like Pippa Middleton… Kate’s sister! Totally!

Jill     at 9:12 pm

Don’t believe the hype that prunes are for old people. They are ah-mazing!

Brittany     at 10:44 pm

What a great update! I love this idea! And you and baby G are sooo cute!

Jules     at 10:55 pm

Hang on to those prunes for constipation late in pregnancy. :) Trust me.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 10:55 pm

I’m so glad to hear you are feeling better.

Chelsea     at 11:29 pm

That Fancy Feast commercial makes me BAWL!

Kate (What Kate is Cooking)     at 12:11 am

Yay for being in the double digits! That’s so cute that you bought a prune just for the occasion :)

Alaina     at 12:53 am

I love these posts :-)

Um, I’m not even pregnant and I got emotional at that Fancy Feast commercial.

Julia     at 1:14 am

Glad you’re starting to feel better! You’re gorgeous and glowing :)

Sanjeeta kk     at 3:48 am

Glad that I followed your Tweet and came down here..the site is something I am going to hooked upon! Love the Muffin you just posted before this post. Have a great time and enjoy your pregnancy. Take care.

Nicole @ Vegan in the House     at 6:31 am

Hi Emily,
If you have trouble sleeping, you might want to try having a cup of rooibos tea before bed. It’s supposed to calm the nervous system & help with insomnia. Might be worth a try.
I also have a recipe for a vegan rooibos tea cookie on my site if you start craving something sweet. http://veganinthehouse.com

Marika     at 7:13 am

LOL about you (and so many others too!) crying over the cat food commercial!

Erin @ Vie Balance     at 7:52 am

It is crazy the things that pregnancy can do to your tastes! I could not stand veggies either. The thought of salad was literally enough to turn my stomach. I also had cravings for things I did not like or never had before such as Coca-Cola and doughnuts. I even craved a McDonald’s hamburger one day but I told my baby that was going too far!!

skinny latte     at 8:04 am

Curiosity got the better of me and I had to YouTube the cat food commercial (I’m in the UK) – and I teared up at the end too!!!

I’m really enjoying the pregnancy posts – hopefully it’s something that is in the not too distant future for me and my husband too, and as someone who also has a very active healthy lifestyle I’m sure your tales and experiences will continue to be enlightening and inspiring.

Glad you’re feeling better! You and little prune baby are very cute :) Looking forward to hearing more x

Margo     at 9:09 am

Love the updates, and glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better!

I know exactly what commercial you’re talking about. If it makes you feel better, I was on the verge of tears, and I don’t have any pregnancy hormones flowing through my body. I’m just a sap.

Shannon the Photographer     at 9:34 am

you’re amazing. I’m sure that your major life change will go smoothly, and as usual you will adapt beautifully.

It’s wonderful to hear/read that your appetite is coming back! I’m so happy that you’re getting some good meals in now! And keeping them down! Congrats!

Orla     at 10:38 am

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! I watched a cookery competition on TV her recently and the lady who won was pregnant at the time (no one knew and she didn’t disclose until it was over) but she was bang on with all of the palate and smell tests. She also said that she was super aware of how foods worked together because her sense of smell was so heightened. I later heard that this is a reaction to pregnancy that is natural and it is the body’s way of sniffing out (excuse the pun) foods that have gone bad and might be dangerous to the baby. I tell you, our bodies are amazing and will adapt to anything!
Anyway, delighted you are feeling better and you appetite is back!

Samantha     at 10:44 am

I am so glad you are posting all of your expereinces, and being so honest about it! My husband and I are in the very beginning stages of trying to concieve and I really like reading your blog! So thank you! : ) And I am so glad you are feeling better!

Kimberly @ Healthy Strides     at 11:12 am

Good news that you are feeling better!

When I was in my first trimester, it was around the holidays and the Folgers commercial – the one with the brother and sister – made me cry every time. I also cried just out of hunger and exhaustion. Still do sometimes. Oh well.

Angela (Oh She Glows)     at 11:28 am

I’m a little late to the party and just getting caught up, but I wanted to say a huge CONGRATS on your pregnancy! I’m so happy for you both! I love the weekly recaps…it is really interesting to hear about it first hand rather than from a book or manual.
Oh and I can cry at the drop of a hat (or cat commercial) during PMS so I can only imagine how I will be pregnant..lol.

Shayla     at 12:11 pm

Lovin these pregnancy posts! :)
Glad to hear you’re feeling better – I’ve heard that before about the strong sense of smell and for some women how bad their boobs hurt! Soon you’ll be in your 2nd trimester – the trimester I’ve heard to be the “honeymoon trimester” – where you feel your absolute best and are glowing! Can’t wait to see a baby bump soon :)

Jen     at 1:55 pm

I love cats so that fancy feast commercial, I loved and would lose it if a guy did that for me lol!
I remember when my friends mother was pregnant she was eating prunes and drinking prune juice like crazy because she couldnt go, so keep them around you never know.

Monica     at 10:41 am

Can’t wait to see your post about weight-gain comfort! It is one of the things I am really trying to wrap my head around since I was fourteen pounds away from goal when I found out I was pregnant. Eek!

I am so glad that you are feeling better! It is amazing how similar and yet unique an individual’s pregnancy experience is. I had the bloat and gain first and now the extreme sickness. I didn’t think the first trimester would be so uncomfortable, but everything just aches and the hormones are driving me crazy.

Meagan     at 7:56 pm

I’m not even PMSing or pregnant and that commercial made me cry too! lol

Week 30: My Pregnancy Journey. | Daily Garnish     at 1:16 pm