Second Prenatal Visit Surprises!

We have had such a fun morning!  Today was my long anticipated second prenatal appointment, and even though we had all good news at our last visit, I was still really nervous and anxious to hear that everything was still going well.

We decided back when we first found out I was pregnant, that we would go to all of the prenatal appointments together.  I love how interested and involved Casey has been in my pregnancy, and even though I was already obsessed with him, I think it’s brought us even closer together.  It is so much more fun to have him there with me so that we can experience it all together!

After we got to the doctor’s office, I weighed in and peed in a cup, and then we met with the doctor to talk about how things were going.  The first question he asked was whether or not we wanted to do the Down Syndrome test.  I have read a lot about genetic testing – what to do, if you should do it, what it means, etc.  After talking it over with Casey, we both agreed that we would like to have as much information as possible.

Whether or not to do genetic testing is such a personal and emotional decision.  For us, we wanted to make sure we were prepared.  If we did (or do) find out that our baby is at risk for any potential problems, it won’t affect anything we will do differently, but it will help us to plan for any additional needs that may arise down the road.  Being so far away from family in Seattle, we want to make sure we have the best support system possible for our little one!

I will admit that I was also further swayed in the direction of the Down Syndrome test when I heard there was an additional ultrasound involved.  Another chance to see the baby swimming around?  Yes please!

This was my first ultrasound done externally (the first one was done vaginally – that was kind of a shocker).  My stomach got all lubed up with cold goo, and the doctor pressed a probe onto my belly as the images appeared.  I know it sounds ridiculous since we’ve already heard the heartbeat and seen the first images, but I was still surprised to see the baby still growing in there!  Since I can’t feel it inside of me yet, I always feel a little worried that something might be off.  The pictures that he brought up on the screen were in 3D, and literally blew us away!!

Holy crap – that is a BABY!  We could see arms, legs, spinal bones, facial features, and more.  It was amaaaaaaazing, and we were both grinning ear to ear asking about all the different parts.  I also couldn’t believe how much the little one was MOVING!  So weird to think there is a party going on in there, but I can’t feel a thing.

The doctor did all the measurements for the Down Syndrome test and said everything looks healthy and perfect – what great news!  And then came the part that we were absolutely NOT expecting.  He asked us if we wanted to know the gender…

We were both so shocked!  I was under the impression that we wouldn’t know the gender until our 20 week appointment, and here I was at only 13 weeks being offered early information!  Immediately we both said YES!

We decided long ago that we would definitely find out the gender of the baby ahead of time.  I know that people typically feel very strongly about this on both sides of the argument.  For me personally, I think that knowing who to expect and planning for our specific little person will help me feel more connected to the baby, and prepared for his/her arrival.  I am a control freak and like to have as much information as possible!

So the doctor moved the scope around to show us this image of what is basically the baby sitting on top of the camera.  That blob on the left is a baby butt (so cute!), with a leg on the left, a leg on the right, and a big white spot in the middle.  Me being clueless STILL hadn’t caught on and said, “so what does that mean?”  The doctor told us that at this point, he could say with 85% certainty that we are having a BABY BOY

I was completely stunned, and we both just kept staring at each other and smiling.  I was absolutely convinced up until this point that I would have a girl, and I am SO so surprised to find out that there is a little boy in there.  To say that I am excited is such an understatement.  All of this suddenly feels very real, and I am already feeling very protective and madly in love with my little boy.  Of course the results are not 100% conclusive, and there is a chance that the image might actually be an umbilical cord, but it’s good enough for me for now!

I am one of three girls, my mom is one of three girls, my grandmother is one of two girls, and Casey’s mom is one of three girls!  I literally cannot believe my sister and I are BOTH having BOYS just three months apart.  How fun.

Finding out the (likely) gender was a huge surprise, and has left me beaming all morning.  But even better was seeing the amazing images of the little guy dancing around in there, with his strong heart beating away, and all his little arms and legs flailing about.  This feels real.  This is happening.

I am feeling so emotional and can’t stop thinking about all the possibilities.  Picturing Casey with a little baby boy in his arms literally brings me to tears.  We celebrated by spending the afternoon working at Buzz Bakery, where I enjoyed a peanut butter cookie the size of my face.

What an exciting and wonderful way to start our day!  I have finally stopped feeling sad about leaving Virginia, and am looking forward to getting to Seattle so that we can start building a new life to bring our baby into!  Time to start thinking about names and nursery themes…

Krissy @ Shiawase Life     at 1:27 pm

What an exciting visit! So glad to hear all this wonderful news =D

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep     at 1:27 pm

Ahhh! I’m so excited for you! I was grinning from ear to ear while I read the whole thing. Congratulations!

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed Reply:

Congratulations, lovely!!! This is so exciting! A boy, wow :)
Heidi xo
p.s. your cookie looks awesome! want. it. now.

Chelsea     at 1:28 pm

So excited Emily! Can’t wait to meet him :-)

AnalieseMarie     at 1:28 pm

Oh my goodness, how exciting! A little boy! Congrats mama-to-be!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat     at 1:29 pm

Congrats! Glad to hear everything is going well :)

Jackie @ Baking Charms     at 1:29 pm

oh my gosh a baby boy! congratulations emily and casey!! :)

hippierunner     at 1:29 pm

So happy for you!

Jessica (Daly Authenticity)     at 1:29 pm

YAY! Emily and Casey, this is so exciting! Your little boy is going to be so lucky!

JL goes Vegan     at 1:29 pm

Oh, Emily, what wonderful news! I’m glad that you have confirmation that everyone is going wonderful. Thrilled that you’re (probably) having a boy ;) and over the moon that you’re eating a cookie! (I can only assume that means your feeling better!)

All good news…

Jayna @ Healthy Living Bites     at 1:29 pm

Looks like a boy to me!!!! With my first I was so confused at the ultrasounds I didn’t believe her when she said it was a boy (though maybe part of that was how much I wanted a girl). With my second- I knew before she said anything that it was a girl. . .

It is so much fun to be able to plan, and shop, and think up names, and shop. . . did I mention shopping, for your child without needing to limit yourself to gender neutral stuff. At our biannual outlet trip the other day I was telling my other mommy friends how cute little boy clothes are these days!!!

Have so much fun looking at nursery themes! I did classic winnie the pooh for Brett. Although there were no actual characters except on the mobile- I really just liked the colors and pattern of the spread (burgandy, sage green, and cream). My mom then hand painted a canvas window shade to be pooh’s tree house.

Seriously- do you have time for a meet up next time you’re in cinci? I wanna go shopping for baby clothes!!!

steph     at 1:30 pm

I’m so so so so so excited for you, Casey and your healthy little boy!

stacey     at 1:30 pm

Congrats! It sounds like you have had an amazing morning:)

Ashley P. @ The Vegetable Life     at 1:30 pm

That is soooo exciting that you were able to find out the gender so early! I was shocked my your ultrasound pictures I never would have excected the little boy too look so much like a baby with actual arms, legs, etc. at only 13 weeks!!! CONGRATS!!!

Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan)     at 1:30 pm

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your baby BOY!!! So exciting :) I’m sitting in a coffee house and just squeeled out of excitement for you…got a few weird looks but that’s ok ;)

You and Casey are going to be GREAT parents, Emily! Thanks so much for sharing this with your readers :) :)

sally mae     at 1:30 pm

Are you showing yet? Or is it still too early? I’m 7 weeks and it feels like an eternity until my first appointment in two weeks! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!

suki     at 1:31 pm

pretty crazy how much you can see! :) congratulations on your little man. looks like you’re outnumbered for sure in the house. :p

Sarah     at 1:31 pm

Congrats! Little boys are so precious!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing     at 1:31 pm

Ahh!!! Congratulations! :D

Freya     at 1:31 pm

YAAYY!!!! Oh I’m so happy for you!!
& I just saw Allie say it on twitter, but I second it- I love love love how much you and Casey love each other – it’s so romantic :)
(by the by – woah – ultrasounds are SO clear! I never realised!)

Callie     at 1:31 pm

I am smiling and crying at the same time! Another boy in the blogosphere! I am SO excited for you two!!!!!

Mimi     at 1:31 pm

SUCH exciting news! You are glowing in the last picture and I have a pretty good feeling it’s not because of the PB cookie… (Although that would get me smiling)

Amy     at 1:31 pm

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations, Emily :) Yay for boys (we’ve got 2 little boys in our extended family, and they have so much fun together :) So glad the appointment went well — what good news! Hugs to you!

Hannah     at 1:31 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!! What an awesome surprise!

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat     at 1:31 pm

I’m so excited for you!!! I’ve always said that I don’t want kids, but reading about your baby journey is making me rethink that position (really, I’m only 24–I’ve got years to decide). Either way, CONGRATS!!!

Lindsay     at 1:31 pm

LOVE your sweatshirt where is it from!?

such exciting news what a journey i am so glad i get to follow you for it!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat)     at 1:31 pm

Oh my goodness I can’t believe how developed the baby is already!! Isn’t it the size of a plum (or a bit bigger)? Legs? Arms? A real HEAD? Crazy, Emily! All this time I was picturing a plum :)

You are SO outnumbered in the DG household now…

Angie @ Musings of a Violet Monkey     at 1:31 pm

Congrats! That is wonderful. Little boys are awesome… I work with a 3 year old boy (and have worked with him since he was 10 weeks old) who tells me every day that I am his “best friend”. So cute.

I am so interested in following along with your journey… and am hopeful that my own pregnancy journey is not too far down the road…

~

Mara @ What's For Dinner?     at 1:32 pm

AAH! How exciting!!!! Mazel tov!

Brittany @ a healthy slice of life     at 1:32 pm

Oh Emily, how exciting!! I’m so glad

Katherine     at 1:33 pm

WOW that ultrasound looks so…real!!! That is a BABY! Technology is absolutely insane.

CONGRATS TO YOU! This is the most exciting news ever! Keep up the good work :)

Katie KS     at 1:33 pm

Congratulations! I find out Thursday and I am very anxious since last pregnancy I was sent for level 2 u/s after my 20 week. We did not do any of the genetic testing … I know if there’s something to find they’ll likely be able to find it at 20 weeks (that’s my reasoning, and since I would not have done an amnio if they’d found something earlier, no point. I agree everyone has to make their own decision.). Anyway, I’m so happy for you. I thought boy last time (and was wrong) and again this time, so we’ll see. Just trying to think positive thoughts and hoping for all good news, but also knowing we’ve handled all the challenges in our daughter’s life and if God wants us to have more challenges, we can do it!

Victoria     at 1:33 pm

Ahhh! That is so exciting. I know they usually say 16 weeks (mostly so that doctors can be sure and don’t embarrass themselves by being wrong), but it is so excited that baby cooperated and let you guys find out a little early!

alison     at 1:34 pm

Congratulations! Those 3D ultrasounds are incredible. I’m so happy your baby boy is healthy and growing as he should. :)

sara Rapoport     at 1:34 pm

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Nikki T     at 1:34 pm

SO exciting!!
I’m with ya on finding out the sex…Control freak, right here! ;)
That PB cookie looks wonderful!

Brittany @ a healthy slice of life     at 1:34 pm

Oh Emily, I am so excited for you! I’m so glad to hear that Baby garnish is active and healthy. And how exciting that you might know the sex!!

I’m also jealous of your 3-d… We haven’t gotten one yet :)

Kristen     at 1:34 pm

Oh my gosh! How cool + exciting is that! I am SO jealous that you got to find out already! Your little boy will be so freaking adorable! Congrats! I’m sure Casey is beaming with pride to pass on his name!

Heather     at 1:35 pm

Ah! Congrats! What a fun surprise! I can’t wait to hear all about your plans.

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me     at 1:35 pm

This is so exciting! Congratulations. I’m slightly jealous. ;)

Ashley     at 1:35 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!First off – congrats on everything looking healthy!!!!!!!!!! Second, how exciting to SEE so much of the baby and find out you’re having a boy!!!!! I’m so so so so happy for you + Casey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved reading your experience! xoxoxo {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Lee     at 1:35 pm

Congrats on your little boy!

Nicole     at 1:36 pm

Awesome! LOL, some of your pregnancy comments are exactly what I would be thinking: “So weird to think there is a party going on in there, but I can’t feel a thing.” LMAO.

Marci     at 1:36 pm

yay for baby boy malone! that is an unexpected surprise for week 13! i can understand how it will shape your whole pregnancy now! i always respect people’s decisions to find out and consider myself a controller and planner too, but this is one thing I definitely have never wanted to know. i think it’s such a great surprise and the decorating can come later, for me at least.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun     at 1:36 pm

YAY!!! While it could change, I’m so excited for you to likely have a boy. Plus, how cool to have a boy so close to your sister’s delivery too.

Glad to hear all is well. And that cookie looks fabulous! Great choice for celebrating. ;)

Noelle     at 1:36 pm

Congratulations. I have my 2nd appt next week. I have actually not been nervous. My girlfriend just sent me a devotional to pray over my forming baby in the womb. It has been amazing because all my preoccupations are in God’s hands. You should check it out! It is called Expecting: Praying for your Child’s Development http://www.amazon.com/Expecting-Praying-Your-Childs-Development-Body/dp/1416572007/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1302629779&sr=8-1

Stephanie @ LiveCookLove     at 1:37 pm

THIS IS AWESOME!!! I’m so happy for ya’ll!!! I was on the edge of my seat reading this entire post!!!

Graze With Me     at 1:38 pm

It’s still so amazing to me how differently doctors do things! I’m 18 weeks pregnant and have still not seen a single photo of my little one. We’ve heard the heartbeat twice now and had the Quad screen (blood test) done for genetic abnormalities which came back normal. But I only get ONE ultrasound for the entire pregnancy….which is scheduled May 4th at 21 weeks. I’m so excited/nervous/giddy about it.

My husband has been just like yours, super involved and present at every appointment. It’s really comforting to have him there and to remind me what questions I wanted to ask! :)

So excited for you guys and your potential son!!

Kayla     at 1:38 pm

Congratulations. What a wonderful experience!

leatitia     at 1:39 pm

Congratulations!!! I cried reading the news! I’m pregnant with my first baby and it’s a boy too. I’m so happy for you, this is such a fun surprise this early on!!

I had a feeling of having a boy when I first got pregnant, then everybody kept telling me I was having a girl, so I didn’t know anymore. But then the doctor told me; “That’s a leg, that’s another leg and… well… there’s a huge possibility it’s a boy!” I teared up and it was amazing.

I’m so very happy for you both!! Healthy pregnancy to you! :*D

Krissy (Make It Naked)     at 1:39 pm

Ahhh! So excited for you! So great everything is looking healthy! Now you can concentrate on narrowing down those names :)

Amy     at 1:40 pm

Congratulations!! That is amazing. I really, really want a little boy. Even though I know I will 100 percent love and adore any daughters I may have someday, a little boy has always been my dream. :)

colleen     at 1:40 pm

Congrats!!!! I was just like you when the doctor showed us the gender with our first. I was clueless but hubby was smiling from ear to ear. Congrats again!

Amber from Girl with the Red Hair     at 1:40 pm

SO exciting! Congrats!

I have to say (and I hope this doesn’t come off wrong) BUT I’m usually turned off by blogs once the writer becomes pregnant because I’m SO not in that place and just can’t relate anymore BUT I am really, really, REALLY enjoying following your pregnancy journey so far! The way you write about it is very relateable and real!

Jen     at 1:40 pm

YAY YAY YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I’m so happy for you and Casey!!! The 3D picture is unreal, I love it!
Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Lauren     at 1:40 pm

Yay! Boys are the best….I love being the mama of a little guy.

The moment you find out what you are having is like no other…wait until he starts moving around. To me it felt like when your eyelid starts twitching, but in your belly. :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey     at 1:41 pm

Oh my goodness – CONGRATULATIONS Emily! I am so happy for you. Goosebumps are all over my body. Ultrasounds are the most amazing things ever!

Rianne     at 1:41 pm

Congratulations Emily and Casey! Look at those wonderful arms and legs! I am so happy that your baby boy is growing like a weed and doing so well. I love all of your updates. I can only imagine how amazing this experience is for you guys and I love seeing you enjoying every minute. :-) Do you think you will share possible baby names with us or is that a detail you want to be a surprise? Just curious!

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition     at 1:41 pm

Ah you’re having a boy!!! I am so happy for you!! Congratulations. That ultrasound is beautiful! :)

Sana     at 1:41 pm

I love how everyone on twitter thought you were having twins!!!!!! Can’t wait for Casey Jr!

PB Addict     at 1:41 pm

That’s so exciting that you found out the gender and I’m so happy for you :)
I am so used to you holding up foods to represent the baby’s size that I thought that’s what the last picture was for, but I was wrong, haha.

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen     at 1:42 pm

That is SO exciting!!
You’ll do a lot of peeing into cups for the next few months. When you do feel the baby, it’s going to be amazing. I’ll never forget the first time I felt that little butterfly tickle, and pretty soon you’ll be feeling bumps and kicks!

Kelly     at 1:42 pm

Those images are amazing!!! I can’t believe what we can do with technology these days. You definitely make me excited to have babies one day. I love that you are sharing your journey with us. I am especially eager to read your posts on vegetarianism and pregnancy! Loved that burger post the other day.

Brittany     at 1:42 pm

Ahhh…. congrats!!!

Renee     at 1:44 pm

I smiled … and smiled … and smiled bigger … and then cried when you mentioned Casey holding his son. I get SO choked up at the same thought w/my hubby!

Susan Fine     at 1:45 pm

I am the middle of three girls; I went to a women’s college; I taught in two girls’ schools; I am now the mother of two boys, ages 5 and 10. So great! I did have seven years in an all-boys school as an English teacher while becoming the mother of these boys. What an education! It’s all very good. As my mom said at one point, “You are happy for a healthy baby!” Yes, yes — but boys are fantastic! And interestingly, unlike you, my younger sister has two little girls, so we have some balance, although my cousin is about to have her second boy.

becca (bellebottoms)     at 1:45 pm

wow! soooo cool! Your little boy is going to be SO LOVED! I’m so happy for you guys!

Heba     at 1:45 pm

AHHHH that’s so exciting :) What a beautiful surprise!

Cathy     at 1:46 pm

That’s sooo exciting! Congratulations! And you’re absolutely glowing in that picture at the end.

Christina     at 1:46 pm

Omigosh CONGRAT’S!! That’s so exciting! It seems so real that women can’t feel a thing in there and there’s SO much going on! Ah the gift of life, it’s such a beautiful thing :)

Kacy     at 1:47 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you! Boys are so fun!

Jen     at 1:48 pm

A little dude! Congratulations… that is super exciting! Now you’ll have 2 canine boys and 1 human boy. :)

(Also, I just thought about a little boy and his pups and almost started bawling. BOYS AND PUPPIES! Too much.)

Theodora     at 1:48 pm

Congrats on Baby Boy Garnish!

Elizabeth     at 1:50 pm

congrats!! that is so exciting and unexpected! we find out next week and we can’t wait. :)

lindsay     at 1:51 pm

Yay! soooo incredibly happy for you! Congrats all around! you guys are going to be wonderful parents, I love hearing about your journey. A good girlfriend of mine is exactly 13 weeks too so it’s fun to follow along your news and compare it to hers :)

Maria@healthydiaries     at 1:51 pm

WOW, that is the best ultrasound picture I’ve ever seen! I have 3 nephews and love them all SO much! Congrats and good luck! Your gonna be a great Momma!

Nichole     at 1:51 pm

It is amazing how quickly you can find out the sex of the baby now days! Congrats to you and Casey!!

Aimee     at 1:52 pm

How exciting! The 3D ultrasounds are incredible. I had both of my ultrasounds early on and neither were 3D. Although it’s still amazing to see that little miracle in there.

You are doing such a beautiful job of documenting your pregnancy. It will be such a nice gift to your son someday.

Enjoy every moment of you pregnancy. Best of luck with your upcoming move.

Sheena @ theSheenBean     at 1:53 pm

Fantastic news! So glad the baby BOY is doing great. You will both be great parents!

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique     at 1:53 pm

How exciting! Congrats! :)

Kristy@RunTheLongRoad     at 1:53 pm

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

Taylor @ Delish World     at 1:54 pm

Congrats Emily and Casey! That’s so exciting!! I love all your pregnancy posts. They are so informative but super emotional and beautifully written. I am glad I get to read along.

Suzanne @ continuing my education     at 1:54 pm

Congrats Emily! So excited for you two and can’t wait to watch the rest of your journey!

Gwen     at 1:57 pm

Eeeeeeee!!! So happy for you two!

Amanda @ Cucina Amanda     at 1:57 pm

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations! My sister-in-law and her husband had a baby boy in October. Baby boys are so darn cute!

Mary Ellen     at 1:59 pm

Congratulations all over again! As the mom of 3 boys, I welcome you to the club!

Hollie     at 2:00 pm

Congratulations!! I had to find out the gender the *first possible second* I could with my girls, too-lol! :)

Bridget     at 2:00 pm

Aww, congrats!!

Reading (and chickens)     at 2:02 pm

Oh! Congratulations! Baby boys are the best! I’ve had two, so I’m an expert :) (Of course, the great thing is that baby girls are the best too!)

Amanda     at 2:03 pm

How exciting that Baby Garnish is a boy! So very happy for you and your family! The excitement just keeps coming :)

Kath     at 2:04 pm

What amazing photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy     at 2:05 pm

SO excited for you guys! Amazing how much it looks like a real baby already!

R @ Learning As I Chop     at 2:05 pm

That is so exciting! I had a feeling it’d be boy

Lisa     at 2:07 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Jeromy and I are THRILLED for you guys. And so excited that our baby girl will have a west coast boyfriend ;-)

miranda @ working mom works out     at 2:07 pm

Yay!!!!

Emily, he will steal your heart. So happy for you.

Julie (A Case of the Runs)     at 2:07 pm

Wow, that IS an early prediction and good that HE is healthy. I have always planned on NOT finding out and getting yellow or green baby things.

Hey, 85% is good enough for me, too!

Michelle B     at 2:10 pm

Congrats!!! That is so exciting!!!

Dee     at 2:11 pm

Awwwwww! Yay! A baby boy! Congrats to you and Casey! :)

Melissa S     at 2:11 pm

Congrats!

I am watching my own 3 wk old boy sleep right now. I also have a 2 yo girl. I can remember the surprise and happiness when we found out “who” was coming to join our family.

Enjoy your pregnancy. It is good the nausea is easing up.

Kristy @ KristyRuns     at 2:11 pm

So exciting!!! Congrats!!

Tami     at 2:12 pm

I don’t know how to say this without sounding like a bad mother but I love my little girl and she loves me but my little boy LOVES me

Lindsay     at 2:13 pm

Congratulations! That’s so awesome that you were able to find out the gender so early!!! :)

Kelly     at 2:14 pm

Oh my goodness, that is so exciting!! My second apt is a week from today, and I hope it can be as amazing as your experience! :)

Sarah for Real     at 2:14 pm

Congratulations! That is so exciting! So glad to hear he is healthy :)

Stephanie@MyThornsHaveRoses     at 2:15 pm

Congratulations! Having a little boy is the BEST!

Lisa Fine [lisasfoods]     at 2:16 pm

Oh my gosh! This is all so exciting, and I love that we all get to share this journey with you. I find your updates really amazing, as pregnancy fascinates me.

Jackie Smith     at 2:16 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston     at 2:17 pm

Congratulations — amazing to find out!!

Margaret     at 2:18 pm

Congratulations! What exciting news!!!

Cupcake Kelly     at 2:18 pm

YAY! Congrats on your baby boy! Everyone I know (via blog or real life), myself included, that is pregnant, is having a boy. I think 2011 is the year of the boy ha! I am surprised that your doctor gave you the choice for the downs syndrome test, our doctor didn’t make it seem like we had a choice. I would have had it done either way, just an interesting observation. Congrats again!

Katie KS Reply:

Wow, I can’t believe you weren’t given a choice. I personally didn’t want any of the tests/screens. Because I wouldn’t have had the amnio to confirm any results (due to the risk of miscarriage). My obs/midwives were fine with it. I just had to sign a sheet saying I did not want them. Most of my friends have also not had them at other practices.

Our screening was actually only a sonogram and bloodwork (from me) – no amnio! There is no way I am doing anything invasive unless there is a really good reason for it!

EatLiveRun     at 2:20 pm

congrats!!! I am so happy for you both!

Amanda Perry at Sistas of Strength     at 2:22 pm

I was convinced we were having a girl, but we’re having a boy also. How fun! Now the fun begins…you can start looking at all the cute blue things and little boy clothes. :) Congrats!!

I’m sure everyone was telling you you were having a girl bc you were so sick…now you can tell them they’re wrong!!

Kimberly @ Healthy Strides     at 2:25 pm

Congratulations! I’ve found that shopping for a boy is just as much as fun as it is for a girl – enjoy!

Alison (Fueling for Fitness)     at 2:25 pm

Wow – love love love reading your updates and experiences. Congratulations… again!!!! :):):)

Amy     at 2:26 pm

I am so very happy for you! There is truly nothing better than becoming a mother. Congrats to you both!

Anne     at 2:26 pm

CONGRATS you guys!!!! Little boys are SO.MUCH.FUN!!!!! :)

Presley     at 2:26 pm

CONGRATS!!! That is awesome news!!!

Emily     at 2:30 pm

I teared up reading this :D

Congratulations!

I think I’d want to know the sex too. Means you can go buy loads of boy things instead of sticking to neutrals!!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt     at 2:30 pm

WONDERFUL news!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! :)

gabriella @ embracement     at 2:33 pm

Congrats on your little boy! I can already tell you and Casey are going to be just the best parents. You’re seem so well researched and interested in every little thing and that’s so nice to see! That 3D picture is AMAZING. Technology is so cool now, my mom’s ultrasound looks like it’s from the stone ages and I’m only 22 years old!

gabriella @ embracement Reply:

Oh and also, I am literally obsessed with these posts, does that sound strange? I swear it’s not ;) I feel like it lets us get to you know on such a different level.

Maryann (The Balanced Bean)     at 2:35 pm

I had a feeling it was a boy!! Congrats =)

Tammy     at 2:36 pm

I can feel your excitement right through my computer screen!! So great!! As a mom of 2 boys I just want to tell you that little boys are crazy awesome :)

Lucy @ The Sweet Touch     at 2:38 pm

Awesome news!! Congrats mama:D

Oh and when I saw that last picture I totally thought you were going to tell us the baby is now the size of a giant peanut butter cookie, lol!

Stacy @ Stacy Eats     at 2:39 pm

So so exciting!!! Congrats on all the good news!

Jen     at 2:40 pm

I had NO idea ultrasound pictures could show that much! How cool.
Congrats for baby boy Malone :)

Therese     at 2:41 pm

Oh my gosh! A BOY!!! How exciting! I am absolutely loving all of these baby posts! That being said, it’s definitely NOT helping my bio clock…

Eek! Congratulations!!!

Jenna (Hello, I Love You)     at 2:45 pm

Yay for baby boys! I am from a family of all girls too so I was completely shocked (and excited) when the doctor told us we were expecting a boy. I am due in July and he is kicking away as I type this. I can’t wait for you experience those first kicks–so much fun! Congrats!

Renee     at 2:48 pm

Simply amazing! A baby boy! I cannot believe how detailed the 3D ultrasounds are! Congrats! So glad to read that you have a very healthy pregnancy!

Cynthia (It All Changes)     at 2:49 pm

Yeah for an extra ultrasound and yeah for a boy! My friend was shocked to find out she was having a boy but from that second on he was he little man. She and her husband couldn’t stop talking about all the fun things the would do with him.

I’m so excited for you and Casey as you go on this big adventure. I’m sure the pups will be happy with a little man to play with too :-)

Evan Thomas     at 2:51 pm

Congratulations! How exciting.

Katy @ A Healthy Shot of Life     at 2:52 pm

YAY! I’m so excited for you!!! It’s so fun to read your weekly updates. Although I’m a few years away from being ready for kids, I love reading your updates and following along with your progress. :)
I thought it was so cute that you mentioned imagining Casey with your son. I’ve imagined the same things with my boyfriend/hopefully future husband and I was surprised how emotional it is!

Mary Cunningham     at 2:54 pm

So amazing! Crazy to think that just 27 years ago when I had my first, I didn’t know til she was born! Technology is wonderful. Enjoy this special time

Jessica     at 2:59 pm

I’m so glad you posted this! We go in for my second ultrasound tomorrow and we have no idea what to expect (as in…I did not want another vaginal!!!)! I’m only 11 weeks but I did tell my husband that there is a tiny possibility that we could find out the sex. So excited for you and your baby boy – congrats! :)

Alayna @ Thyme Bombe     at 3:01 pm

Cool! I thought it would be a boy! Doesn’t it feel good to be able to stop saying “it” and start saying “he”? :)

Kristi     at 3:02 pm

Yay for little boys!!!

Gina     at 3:03 pm

I am always so amazed when I see ultrasound images….the fact that we women can grow a baby inside of us (although obviously common) still fascinates me! Congratulations on your little guy and good luck with the big move!

Sarah     at 3:05 pm

What an amazing surprise!!!
Congratulations on your baby BOY!

Kerr     at 3:05 pm

How exciting! I feel like I can hear your smile through the post. Congrats again!

Jess@atasteofconfidence     at 3:06 pm

SO EXCITING! Congratulations.

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food     at 3:06 pm

congrats!

such wonderful exciting news that it’s going to be healthy baby and a boy! :)

Christin@purplebirdblog     at 3:06 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!! :D

sarah (sarah learns)     at 3:12 pm

just reading this post brought tears to my eyes! i’m so excited and happy for you and casey! congratulations on your little (probably) boy! :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}     at 3:15 pm

I have never heard of anyone learning the gender that early! How amazing!! Congratulations. It does become very real once you know the sex. Enjoy your 2nd trimester! (That was my favorite of the 3!!)

Meghan     at 3:17 pm

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience! I’m finding it fascinating. I had no idea that DS testing was offered for moms under 40.
A baby boy! Ah, that’s great!

erica     at 3:19 pm

congratulations!!! how exciting, a baby boy!!!! =) thank you for including us on your baby journey!

annette (with a side of brownies)     at 3:19 pm

Congratulations you two!

erin     at 3:22 pm

Congrats! As the mom of a little boy I must say…little boys rock! Seriously love my little guy and his obsession with all things boy.

Great call on getting the genetic testing done! While it wouldn’t have changed your decision knowing does change things. For example, children with Down syndrome have a higher chance of getting leukemia. Thus knowing ahead of time may impact your decision to bank cord blood. People skip this testing assuming they will catch it later on. This is not always the case. I personally know a few mom’s of children with Down syndrome who had no clue or indication whatsoever until their children were born. Changed my perspective on testing and just how much the 20 week ultra sound “catches.”

Annie@stronghealthyfit     at 3:23 pm

How exciting! I wonder what his name will be :-)

Gretchen @ Honey, I Shrunk the Gretchen!     at 3:24 pm

Oh my gosh!! CONGRATULATIONS!! This is so exciting… just think of all the little league games, and living room camping trips, and dinosaurs and monster trucks and GI Joes… eee! I’m so happy for you!

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal     at 3:30 pm

YAY Congrats :) I know people typically think a girl always wishes for a girl but I can tell you this time around I was secretly wishing for another boy. Of course I would have been happy with either, but being a girl[duh] I always just assumed girls would be more “fun” than boys. After I had Miles I knew that little boys are JUST AS FUN as girls. You are going to have so much fun and I bet he is going to look adorable in that cute cardigan you bought not too long ago ;)

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal     at 3:31 pm

P.S. It’s crazy how early on they really are little humans! I love it :)

Alaina     at 3:31 pm

That is so wonderful Emily!! Congratulations!! When I have children, I always hope to have a boy and then a girl. I can dream! :-)

Katie     at 3:35 pm

I am so excited for you. You will see your husband in a whole new light when that little guys is born. It seems like you guys will make a great team together. It is great that you will be all settled in your new home before he comes. Lucky little guy to be coming to such loving parents.

Shannon @ My Place In The Race     at 3:38 pm

Oh YAAAAY! That is awesome! What a great day :) XOXO

Clare @ Fitting It All In     at 3:40 pm

CONGRATULATIONS EMILY!! It’s so crazy the technology they have now so that you can actually see your baby in 3D. He’s so big already!! Can’t wait to keep following your journey.

Lauren     at 3:41 pm

Oh my goodness, Emily — you have me sobbing with joy for you! And my uterus is literally aching to be filled up with a little magical being like that. I don’t know if it’s my hormones (at 30, the biological clock has been tick-tick-ticking for the past couple of years) or what, but holy hockeysticks I am so excited for you guys.

Thank you so much for sharing your joy with us all.

Kelly     at 3:42 pm

Oh wow! Yay for precious baby boys! Your excitement is contagious. I am SO happy for you. :)

Brittney     at 3:43 pm

Wow, that is awesome Emily! So glad everything is going so well :)

olivewineandfood     at 3:45 pm

i can’t wait to hear names you like! that is my favorite question to ask when people are pregnant.

Erica     at 3:49 pm

So cool, congratulations. We’re having a boy too, which totally surprised us. I was convinced he was a girl! It’s amazing how awesome and in love you feel after seeing the baby actually look like a baby. Best wishes!!

Nina     at 3:56 pm

That is such exciting news, congrats!
I’ve been a faithful (but anonymous) reader for some time now, but the great posts about your pregnancy are just too much excitement to contain :)
Can’t wait for more updates! Best wishes.

Nina @ SLO Foodie

Krystina (Organically Me)     at 3:57 pm

How exciting!!!!!! I’m so happy for you, Casey and your little boy. :-D

Abby     at 4:05 pm

What an amazing day! :) So excited for you, Casey, and Baby BOY Daily Garnish!!

Mama Pea     at 4:11 pm

AWWWW! Congratulations! You are very blessed, as we were, that your ultrasounds actually look like a baby!

And you will now officially have more experience with “wee wees” than I ever will.

Alissa @ Still Unwritten     at 4:15 pm

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!

Candy (Healthy In Candy Land)     at 4:16 pm

I am SO happy for you guys! Little boys are the best! I have 2 of them, and wouldn’t change it for the world. Congrats!!

Elsa     at 4:26 pm

That is SO exciting!! Congratulations!!

Kim @ girlevolving     at 4:33 pm

Hooray! We just found out we’re having a boy, too! And a total surprise – Dave has 3 sisters, I’m on of 3 sisters (1 brother), and we both only have nieces!

Jen G.     at 4:34 pm

Super-exciting! Knowing the sex makes things seem so much more real, doesn’t it?

Bess @ Bess Be Fit     at 4:41 pm

That is so exciting!!! Congrats on your sweet baby boy :)

Maryann     at 4:41 pm

Congratulations. It’s good to hear you are feeling so well too eating that peanut butter cookie. Remember to rest between all these things going on in your life.
Blessings
Lancaster CO PA Gal

Audrey     at 4:43 pm

I can’t believe how big and ‘real’ the baby looks for being so young! Adorable. And that is a very impressive ultrasound–in 3-D! I’ve never seen that before. Congratulations!

Whitney     at 4:46 pm

Congratulations on your (85%) little baby boy!! :)

Seattle can’t wait to meet you, Casey, and your little guy very soon! :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)     at 4:50 pm

Congratulations Emily! I have two boys and wouldn’t change it for the world! I’m glad the little one is healthy and getting big!

Megan     at 5:03 pm

I am so happy for you guys!!! And I, too was smiling from ear to ear reading this post!!!! Amazing!

Eunice     at 5:17 pm

Wow! Those 3D images are amazing! Congrats on your baby boy. I’m loving reading about your experience. :)

Sarah R     at 5:25 pm

Congratulations :) The 3-D pictures really are amazing. I’d bet it won’t be long until you start felling the little one in there. I first felt ours at about 18 weeks or so and it hasn’t stopped since!

Farah     at 5:31 pm

Congratulations to both you and Casey! I’m SO happy for you and so glad that your baby is healthy. I know what you mean about many people having mixed feelings about things like the Downs Syndrome test – but I whole-heartedly agree with you; it’s better to be prepared. I’m not pregnant or expecting to get preganant for another few years – but I will most certainly be getting that test done. Especially since the chances of having a baby with Downs Syndrome increase when you are over 35 :( And I will be when I have my first child. That being said, my mom had my brother and I when she was 40 and 42…and we turned out fine :)

Congrats again…and I wish you both all the very best!!!

Farah

Katy (The Singing Runner)     at 5:39 pm

Aw congratulations! You have me grinning from ear to ear! :)

Kate (What Kate is Cooking)     at 5:46 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting to already know the sex :) I’ve never seen those ultrasounds- that’s so high tech!

Jess @ Forever Addicting     at 6:09 pm

Woo-hoo! Congratulations, Emily! I am so excited for you and Casey. If and when I am pregnant, I would also want to know as much as possible!! I like to plan ;) Enjoy the journey!!!!! <3

Sherri Ogg     at 6:20 pm

Yeah, congratulations. I am the PROUD (girlie girl) mother of 3 handsome and very energetic boys (ages 18, 16, 13). I would not trade that experience for the world.

Chelsea     at 6:20 pm

Ultrasounds are so exciting! You got GREAT pictures! A little warning, don’t go buying a ton of boy stuff just yet. I’ve had 2 friends get similar news at 13-14 weeks and then at their 20 week, it turned out there was a baby girl in there! I hope your doctor is right though!!! Very cool!

Brenda     at 6:38 pm

Is it weird that I’ve never met you yet your post just made me emotional and soooo happy for you??!!

kathleen     at 6:46 pm

Super exciting news! I’m so happy for both you and Casey.

Georgia     at 6:53 pm

Congratulations – I am so thrilled for you both. What wonderful news! :)

JCHokie     at 7:04 pm

Aww, how exciting for you two!!! Congratulations!

Cindy     at 7:17 pm

I’m so excited for you!

Kim     at 7:24 pm

Thats wonderful news!! Congrats! :)
You will be wonderful parents!

Shari     at 7:35 pm

What a special, beautiful, emotion-that-transcends-all-else moment it must have been to see your little guy again. Your awe and wonder comes through in every word you wrote. So happy for you, Casey, and this sweet miracle of yours :)

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run]     at 7:41 pm

just got the CHILLS from this. your posts are filled with good news lately :) congrats! xoxo

Hannah (Hannah Lives)     at 7:46 pm

Congratulations! This is such amazing news! I am so excited for you, and Casey! Congrats again!

brandi     at 7:49 pm

congratulations!!! i’m so excited to hear that everything is good and the baby is healthy! those 3D ultrasounds are so neat.

jen     at 7:52 pm

congrats on the boy! so glad he is healthy. i only have a sister. my mom went from having 2 daughters to 5 grandsons between the 2 of us and no girls! my sis has 4 boys! that is just crazy lol.

Melanie     at 8:07 pm

Hi Emily! I’ve never posted a comment before but had to today to say Congratulations!!! This post put a big smile on my face! How wonderful!!! I also live in Alexandria! But have been to Seattle too and it’s just gorgeous and the people are so friendly!

So excited for you guys!

Take Care,

Melanie

Thanks Melanie!!

Parita @ myinnershakti     at 8:12 pm

Congrats, Emily!!! What a beautiful surprise! I am so excited for you and looking forward to reading more about your new journey as a mom!

Nicole @ Vegan in the House     at 8:27 pm

Congratulations! Boys are so wonderful. My son is “all boy” but so loving. If you have additional children in the future, then they will have a big brother to watch out for them!

LOVE having the oldest be the protective big bro. :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine     at 8:35 pm

Eeeeeee so excited for you!! Congratulations!! I’ve always thought boys would probably be less stressful to raise :) And if you do have a girl sometime down the road, she’ll always have a big brother to look out for her!!

Sarah @ goingongoals     at 8:39 pm

Congrats!!! Buzz bakery is a great way to celebrate!

Shannon     at 8:58 pm

Amazing news! Congrats to you and Casey! Your little boy is going to have such great parents!!!

Marissa     at 9:36 pm

Such an exciting visit!! Congrats! Little boys are so much fun! PS, I LOVE reading about your pregnancy!

Brittany     at 9:40 pm

WOW! Congratulations that is such wonderful news! And what an amazing surprise to find out so early!

Just an interesting side note I thought I’d throw out there. According to what I learned in my college biology class: Since men are the only ones who carry the Y chromosome the male is the one who determines the sex of the baby. Meaning that even though you come from a long history of women, it’s solely up to Casey’s sperm to make the boys! So I guess female chromosomes can only make girl babies, but the male’s chromosomes can make girl or boy babies. I hope this makes sense…lol

Makes sense! Those Malone genes were just too strong for my DNA. :)

Hangry Pants     at 10:03 pm

Congratulations! I love reading along with all of your progress. I can’t decide if I will find out when I’m pregnant, but you certainly seem excited, which makes a very convincing argument for finding out!

Monica     at 10:04 pm

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I literally just screamed for my husband to come read this post and I couldn’t stop freaking out as I read the post. This is so wonderful and amazing! Congrats on such a wonderful visit and the news of a baby boy.

I know every pregnancy is very different, but this makes me so excited for my second prenatal visit and hopeful that we will be told the sexy of our baby possibly too. But no worries if they don’t, it is just exciting to know it is a possibility. YAY FOR BABIES! :)

This post makes me so so so so excited!

Awwww good look at your second visit!!

Katherine     at 10:45 pm

This is so great! I was totally convinced that I was having a boy and found out at my 20 week appointment that I am having a girl. Now that I am 25 weeks along, I am really feeling her move and trust me….sometimes it totally feels like there is a dance party going on down there! I teach yoga and Pilates, so my hubby thinks she’s just doing her yoga practice! I can’t wait til you feel those wonderful flutters. At first I wasn’t sure that was her that I was feeling and now there’s no question. What a blessing. Since you are moving west maybe one day our boy and girl’s paths will cross. We live in Northern California!

Namaste Gurl     at 10:59 pm

YAY- how exciting indeed! What fun you can see, but not feel the baby moving around. I can only imagine what a sense of relief that must be! And a boy, yippee! You must be one happy mama right now :)

Cary     at 11:00 pm

Congratulations! There is nothing sweeter than a baby boy!

Sara @ Baking and Wine     at 11:16 pm

I was really hoping you were going to say “surprise, twins!” hahaha. I guess I’m evil like that though.

Congrats on the baby boy! So exciting!

And, I completely agree that the early vaginal ultrasounds are shocking. And really freaking awkward! Ogh!

Um YES, awkward. Especially with a male doctor and my husband in the room! Once the picture came up though, no one cared anymore. :)

Sara @ Baking and Wine Reply:

Ha! My husband was in the room for that first one as well and had no idea! He was just like “Uhhh!!?!?!” Until we saw the baby’s big head and little arm and leg nubs, then he didn’t even care about what was being done to me, haha.

Yena     at 11:25 pm

Oh my goodness! What an exciting post – I literally gasped in joy when I read that it was a baby boy!! So happy for you both :)

Amykinz @ Foodie4Healing     at 11:48 pm

Congrats Emily, on your SON! You have a SON! How cool is that to say?! :) I am with you on needing (yes NEEDing) to know the gender!!! I’m a planner & couldn’t go 9 months w/o knowing the little person inside me. :) Only a few more weeks & you’ll start feeling that guy kicking around, which in my opinion, is THE BEST thing in the entire world! :)

I can’t wait to feel something!!

Brooke @ Bittersweetb     at 12:07 am

A little baby boy! Congrats!

stephanie     at 12:39 am

awww, you guys are going to have the cutest little boy for sure!

One Healthy Apple     at 12:51 am

Congratulations on the news- I don’t think I’ve ever commented before but I have been reading since you announced the big news :) Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Elisabeth     at 12:58 am

I’m so excited for you that I was practically tearing up just reading it! Congratulations again! (especially for getting to find out the gender so early – I am shocked you could do it at 13 weeks) I’ve always hoped to have a little boy someday if I have children, so I’m super excited for you & to read more in the future.

We were shocked too!

Lauren     at 1:36 am

Eeek, that is SO exciting! Congrats you two!

Amanda     at 1:44 am

This is SO EXCITING! Congratulations with all of the wonderful news! I think I’d want to know too – it’s so much easier to prepare if you know the gender – good decision! :)

laura (starloz)     at 4:08 am

oh wow, a boy. great news.

Hannah     at 4:20 am

Congratulations, you must be so excited! Take care of yourself and your new little man!

Heather     at 5:08 am

Congratulations – very exciting news for you both! I have two boys and they are so fun and the best of friends!

Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East     at 5:55 am

Such exciting news! Congrats!

Lauren     at 6:48 am

Emily I can’t tell you how happy I am for you and Casey!!!!!! A little baby boy is exactly what I pictured for the two of you. :) Congratulations on such wonderful news and a beautiful baby boy.

Brooke @ Veggie Table     at 7:17 am

A baby boy – how exciting!!! So happy for you guys! P.S. the peanut butter cookie the size of your face looks so YUM!

Chase     at 8:04 am

Congratulations Emily & Casey! That’s so exciting. I have all sisters and my sisters have all boys. Crazy how it works!

rachael     at 8:05 am

Congrats o the good news and the baby boy! From my experience there is something special between a mom and her boy. :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble)     at 8:21 am

How exciting! Congrats!!
xo

Maura     at 8:41 am

CONGRATS EMILY & CASEY!! That is just so exciting :)

Kate @ NaturaStride     at 9:48 am

WOW – what an excellent surprise. Congrats!
I love your blog and am truly enjoying hearing all about your pregnancy and how you plan to be healthy and active parents. Thanks!

Rachel Jacobs     at 9:56 am

Congratulations on the first born being a boy. As long as he is healthy, which from all pictures he appears to be. The way you blog all of this will be a wonderful memory down the road.

I hope so! It’s already fun for me to go back and read the earlier stuff. Everything changes so much from week to week, and I imagine it only changes more towards the end!

Elizabeth     at 10:21 am

Congrats on the growing baby boy! I remember well the ‘strangeness’ of my first pregnancy. It was a feeling I only had with my first pregnancy, yet I remember well the feeling–it is almost palpable to this day, with my little baby boy peanut being 14 now and my girls already being 12 and 8! My senses, my thoughts, my emotions during that first pregnancy created such an odd in-the-moment sense of existence. It was if the whole world around me stopped for a brief snapshot of time. Hard to explain unless you experience it. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with everything…the fun is just beginning.

Erin     at 10:23 am

So exciting, Emily! :D :D :D

fittingbackin     at 10:25 am

awww congratulations! So exciting that you and your sis are both having boys so close in age – lucky you and lucky cousins! :)

Alyson     at 10:32 am

Congratulations! So excited for you that everything is going well, and that your little lad is kicking around just as he should be. I can imagine how happy you are! :)

Alisa's Garden     at 11:00 am

Congratulations! It’s so exciting! We have another ultrasound today! Best wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy!

Hope your ultrasound went well – saying a prayer for you guys!!

Carlee     at 11:18 am

Congratulations! My girl friend is having a baby in July and I am so excited for her. She is having a little girl. I can’t wait to buy lots of cute pink stuff for her. I don’t have kids of my own but everyone I talk to says that boys are easier.

Marie     at 11:23 am

Emily: Congratulations on such happy news! My husband and I just got back from our dr. appt. where we saw the heartbeat (!!!) for the first time on the U/S. I can’t quit smiling. I’m seven weeks today, it was such a relief to seeing it beating so strong. I’m happy to have your blog to know what to look forward to along the way. Thank you for sharing this experience.

Eeeeeeeeeeeek congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! :)

Congratulations!!!! How exciting :)

Shayla     at 12:30 pm

Congratulations!! So very exciting to have such happy news!! I actually teared up while reading this post…I can really feel your excitement and love for that baby through this post and it’s such a miracle what our bodies can do and to have a healthy baby boy growing inside you right now! It’s adorable how Casey is being through all this and I feel that’s how my husband will be too…I’m not even pregnant yet and it brings me to tears to think about him holding our baby someday….love the ultrasound pics and congrats again!!

lauren     at 1:17 pm

when i read this, i also had an ear to ear grin. isn’t it funny how something so human can touch a stranger on the internet? much love to the three of you (five of you!)

Brittany     at 8:27 pm

yayyyy! Congrats to you and Casey! How exciting =)

Haley     at 9:52 pm

YAY!!! SO even more EXCITED!!

Daily Garnish » Blog Archive » Week 19: My Pregnancy Journey.     at 3:24 pm

[...] We have our first group prenatal appointment tomorrow (more on that to come), and I’m really excited to meet our group and see the doctors again!  I’m also counting the minutes until Friday’s ultrasound when we can finally get another visual of baby boy.  [...]

Lindsey Grossman     at 4:55 pm

Congrats on having a boy! So exciting! If you’re looking for a fun baby name site, try Nameberry. Full of fun lists like Prepster Names for Boys and Boys’ Names Kids Consider Cool.

Getting to Know My Baby with Each Kick | Being Pregnant     at 1:05 pm

[...] the baby inside of me.  There were little things that made it feel a bit more real – like finding out it was a boy, or picking a name, but most of the time I just felt like the baby was still a bit of a mysterious [...]

What's In a Name? Choosing One for Our Baby. | Being Pregnant     at 2:55 pm

[...] After finding out that our baby was a boy, Casey and I made a lot of lists and had a lot of ideas about what we liked, but we couldn’t seem to agree on any one name that felt like the right fit. We shared our top picks with family and friends, and suddenly we were inundated with advice, strong opinions, and new suggestions. [...]

Week 40: My Pregnancy Journey. | Daily Garnish     at 4:55 pm

[...] bit of a relief to know that there truly is an end in sight, and that we will finally know our baby boy next week.  I was pretty emotional (and quite honestly very cranky) this morning, but I’m [...]